PDA

View Full Version : I've Seen Enough!

Speedway
26-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Going into Europe this week and on the assumption of no further new signings, this is our strongest XI I believe, with everyone fit.

Stack

Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

Leaving a bench with Hogg, Hanlon, Zoumer, Nish, Rankin, Galbraith, Brown and Rankin on it so not bad.

What do you think?

PaulSmith
26-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Going into Europe this week and on the assumption of no further new signings, this is our strongest XI I believe, with everyone fit.

Stack

Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

Leaving a bench with Hogg, Hanlon, Zoumer, Nish, Rankin, Galbraith, Brown and Rankin on it so not bad.

What do you think?

I never know if your at it or not but Gow (not even a Hibs player) and Bamba (this weeks bad boy)

Pretty Boy
26-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Stack

Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

What do you think?

Bamba hasn't played for a over a month and hasn't trained for 3 weeks, no chance is he ready to play. Gow isn't even a Hibs player and it's far too late to register him now.

Ritchie
26-07-2010, 09:01 AM
i'd play a 4-4-2........

Brown

Hart Stephens Hanlon Murray

Spoony De Graaf Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Speedway
26-07-2010, 09:04 AM
I never know if your at it or not but Gow (not even a Hibs player) and Bamba (this weeks bad boy)

Bamba's the best central defender we've got and as for registering Gow...well it would be too late if we did it now, wouldn't it? :wink:

McKenzie
26-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Ritchie

i'd play a 4-4-2........

Brown

Stokes Riordan

:agree:

Speedway
26-07-2010, 09:05 AM
i'd play a 4-4-2........

Brown

Stokes Riordan

A CB partnership with a combined age of Steven Pressley?

Pretty Boy
26-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Given it's an away tie in Europe i'd go with:

........................Stack..................... .

Hart........Hogg.........Stephens.......Murray

......................McBride..................... ...

Spoony.......De Graaf....Miller.......Riordan

...................Stokes........................

Spoony and Deek told to get up and support when we are attacking but to make sure they have the discipline to get back and tucked in when we are defending.

I know it's probably going to be slated as pessimistic but a 0-0 draw or 2-1 defeat away isn't a bad result.

Andy74
26-07-2010, 09:10 AM
When all fit it will be a 451/433 like this, assuming Bamba going.

Stack

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Hart

Miller
McBride
De Graaf

Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama/Wotherspoon

Not the ideal cente half pairing so we need to adrees that witha big centre half who is more experienced than Stephens. i'd be surpsired if we went this window again without brinign tyat type of player in.

We are still lacking a real physical type for the midfield when needed and a bit of pace up front.

GlesgaeHibby
26-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd happily see this team on thursday night

Stack
Hart Hogg Hanlon Murray
De Graaf Miller McBride Rankin Wotherspoon
Nish

Bench:
Brown, Thicot, Stephens, Stevenson, Riordan, Stokes, Galbraith

That should keep it tight, and gives us a hard working midfield as well as a very strong bench if we need to change things around.

Ritchie
26-07-2010, 09:11 AM

i know, that is a concern, but ive seen enough of hanlon to be confident he can handle it.

ive only heard good things about stephens and think he could handle it too.... if not id maybe replace him with thicot.

i dont want hogg anywhere near the team tbh...... i wasnt one of the 'hogg bashers' last season but im starting to see where they are all coming from.

PaulSmith
26-07-2010, 09:12 AM
We'll play 4-5-1.

GK
Hart
Hogg
Stephens/Hanlon
Murray

De Graaf
Rankin
Miller
McBride
Riordan

Stokes (or dont be surprised if its Nish)

IWasThere2016
26-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Stack

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Hart

Miller
McBride
De Graaf

Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama/Wotherspoon

Not the ideal cente half pairing so we need to adrees that witha big centre half who is more experienced than Stephens. i'd be surpsired if we went this window again without brinign tyat type of player in.

We are still lacking a real physical type for the midfield when needed and a bit of pace up front.

I don't like the 4-5-1/4-3-3 thing but agree with the players mentioned Andy - and I agree 100% with the comments above re additions for front, middle and back :agree:

Ritchie
26-07-2010, 09:14 AM
We'll play 4-5-1.

GK
Hart
Hogg
Stephens/Hanlon
Murray

De Graaf
Rankin
Miller
McBride
Riordan

i think you could be right...... knowing yogi, this will be the team.

lyonhibs
26-07-2010, 09:16 AM

Stack
Hart Hogg Hanlon Murray
Nish ??????????????? :confused::dizzy:

Bench:

That should keep it tight, and gives us a hard working midfield as well as a very strong bench if we need to change things around.

That power cut at work also affected the 'leccy supply to your brain??? :greengrin

Like the look of that midfield - for an away European tie at least. But Stokes on for Nish IMO, Stokes was looking pretty sharp when he came on against Dunfermline, and Riordan - if he doesn't start, which I'm sure he will - should get the best part of the seconds half, cos his striking prowess has already been there for all to see this pre-season.

Ritchie
26-07-2010, 09:19 AM
deeks for captain also!! :notworthy:

brydekirk
26-07-2010, 09:23 AM
stephens or thicot, take ur pick.

Franck is God
26-07-2010, 09:41 AM
bearing in mind that this is the only the first leg of the tie and is away from home, not losing is far more important than winning I see us playing a fairly cautious game in a 4-5-1 formation looking to attack on the break.

I think this is the team he'll play away

Brown

Hart---Hogg---Hanlon---Murray

McBride
Wotherspoon--DeGraaf--Miller--Riordan

Nish

And if anyone realistically thinks that he will drop Hogg and play Stephens instead is dreaming, I saw Stephens for a little while against Dunfermline and although he looks an excellent prospect and I'm sure will play a part this season he is not going to start on Thursday unless we have an injury crisis between now and then.

The Bamba situation needs sorted out but as our 'squad' currently stands Hogg and Bamba are our first choice pairing and Hanlon is Bamba's understudy.

7 Up
26-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Stack

Hart - Hogg - Hanlon - Murray

De Graaf - McBride

Wotherspoon - Miller - Riordan

Stokes

Something like that maybe? Would be surprised if Yogi doesn't go with five in midfield.

Musselbound
26-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Stack

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Hart

Miller
McBride
De Graaf

Riordan
Stokes
Zemmama/Wotherspoon

Don't know if I'd be surprised but it looks a problem. No way can we go into an away European game with a CH pairing as inexperienced as Hanlon and Stevens. The latter might've done fine so far but he's only played about half a dozen competitive games in the English League! I'm no great fan of Hogg but I'd go for him and Hanlon for this game. Either that or Murray and Hanlon. I do feel we could do with another centre back option if Bamba goes. Hogg is no more than a squad player in my opinion.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Stack

De Graaf - McBride

Stokes

Something like that maybe? Would be surprised if Yogi doesn't go with five in midfield.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
26-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Meant to ask (and apologies in advance if this is nonsense) have I not read that we've not been lining up 4-1-4-1 rather than 4-5-1/4-3-3 in Holland?

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Having not seen any of the new players yet, i think i will just trust Yogi to put out the best team and formation on Thursday.

Miller33
26-07-2010, 11:01 AM
My team, considering the a first leg away from home, would be -

Stack

Hart Hogg Stephens Murray

McBride

Spoony DeGraaf Miller Riordan

Nish

seanraff07
26-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Given it's an away tie in Europe i'd go with:

........................Stack..................... .

Hart........Hogg.........Stephens.......Murray

......................McBride..................... ...

Spoony.......De Graaf....Miller.......Riordan

...................Stokes........................

Spoony and Deek told to get up and support when we are attacking but to make sure they have the discipline to get back and tucked in when we are defending.

I know it's probably going to be slated as pessimistic but a 0-0 draw or 2-1 defeat away isn't a bad result.

I agree, would have Brown in goals instead of Stack though.

seanraff07
26-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd probably start with Zouma instead of Gow. Where is Zouma by the way?

Been injured for ages, i didn't think he was going to be fit for this match?

Even if he was he wouldn't start as he hasn't played a game all pre-season.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2010, 11:16 AM

Injured. Won't be back for a good while yet. Hasn't even started training as far as i'm aware.

Can't wait to have the wee man back though, gives us an option that no one else does.

aberhibsfc
26-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Is he not still injured?

matty_f
26-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Maka kidnapped him. :greengrin

--------
26-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Maka kidnapped him. :greengrin

Zouma was having a snooze in Maka's size 22 footie boot and got packed by mistake.

MrRobot
26-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Stack

De Graaf - McBride

Stokes

If we go with that, I would probably switch De Graaf and Miller. Miller and McBride work well together, De Graaf looks like a pretty attacking player who is willing to get back and help out also.

Team looks good though, maybe Stephens for Hogg and Deeko as captain.

Ell_Chrisso
26-07-2010, 11:54 AM
I find it quite amusing that most people won't include Rankin in there 11, even tho he is clearly our fitest and hungriest player every game. And considering his form was fantastic towards the end of the season, i see no reason why he should be dropped...

Being an away tie, id select this and play Riordan where he should be..

Brown

Hart *Stephens Hanlon Murray

De Graff Miller Rankin Galbraith

Riordan

Stokes

* Been hearing good things about this kid, so thats the reason over Hogg. Although i know Hogg is more likely.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-07-2010, 12:11 PM
____________Stack
Hart___Hogg________Hanlon___Murray

________Miller_______McBride
Zemmama______De Graaf_____Riordan

_____________Stokes

patlowe
26-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Although I shudder every time he has the ball at his feet, Rankin is going to play.

IndieHibby
26-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I find it quite amusing that most people won't include Rankin in there 11, even tho he is clearly our fitest and hungriest player every game. And considering his form was fantastic towards the end of the season, i see no reason why he should be dropped...

Brown

Riordan

Stokes

* Been hearing good things about this kid, so thats the reason over Hogg. Although i know Hogg is more likely.

Sorry, but a fit McBride gets in ahead of Rankin in any match, never mind one where the opposition's ball retention and passing will have him running about like a Collie on heat......

Rivers Cuomo
26-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Bamba's the best central defender we've got and as for registering Gow...well it would be too late if we did it now, wouldn't it? :wink:

Heard something? :wink:

Hibs On Tour
26-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Stack

Hart
Stephens
Bamba
Murray

De Graaf
McBride
Miller
Gow

Riordan
Stokes

What do you think?

Quite clearly you have forgotten that Raul and Guti are on their way here from Real Madrid... :wink:

Speedway
26-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Brown

Riordan

Stokes

People don't pick Rankin for the same reason they try not to pick Nish or Hogg, they're not good enough.

Rankin is the fittest player because he has to get the ball back after he's given it away, the most. As for fantastic form towards the end of last season, I must have missed that.

Heard something? :wink:

Hear a lot of things. :wink:

Quite clearly you have forgotten that Raul and Guti are on their way here from Real Madrid... :wink:

No, I remembered, I just didn't think we'd have them registered in time. :agree:

Tollhouse Hibee
26-07-2010, 12:44 PM
my choice would be as follows. 4 - 5 - 1 with Big Nishy up front as i believe he will hold the ball up and knock it down for Riordan way more than selfish stokes who can come off the bench.

Smith

Mc Bride
De Graff Miller Rankin Riordan
Nishy

Bench
Stokes, Wotherspoon, Stevenson, Thicot, Hogg, Brown, Galbraith

matty_f
26-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Pack it in!! I'm still hurting!!:greengrin

Not as much as Zouma, Maka's dropped him loads!

Ell_Chrisso
26-07-2010, 02:20 PM
People don't pick Rankin for the same reason they try not to pick Nish or Hogg, they're not good enough.

Rankin is the fittest player because he has to get the ball back after he's given it away, the most. As for fantastic form towards the end of last season, I must have missed that.

Hear a lot of things. :wink:

No, I remembered, I just didn't think we'd have them registered in time. :agree:

Either that, or weren't attending games? :agree:

Im sorry but Rankin is a good player. Hes a great professional aswell and as far as im concerened he belongs in the team till we bring in someone with a bit of class. If that happens to be De Graff then fine... but i still would start him ahead of both Miller & McBride at present

Andy74
26-07-2010, 02:34 PM

Im sorry but Rankin is a good player. Hes a great professional aswell and as far as im concerened he belongs in the team till we bring in someone with a bit of class. If that happens to be De Graff then fine... but i still would start him ahead of both Miller & McBride at present

I get what you are saying about him, he does some sort of job, but ahead of Miller and McBride, sorry, that's too far!

Speedway
26-07-2010, 03:32 PM

1. Was Rankin?
2. In other words, Rankin isn't class.

I get what you are saying about him, he does some sort of job, but ahead of Miller and McBride, sorry, that's too far!

Quite, but I've yet to find anyone who knows what that job is.

matty_f
26-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I still fantasize about him coming back! I guess you've only got about five weeks left to fret about getting me that pint!

Aye, I've been beside myself with worry!:greengrin

Tollhouse Hibee
26-07-2010, 03:51 PM
rankin is a dead cert start for me, and spoony can always replace him if he is pish

mjhibby
26-07-2010, 04:39 PM
We'll play 4-5-1.

GK
Hart
Hogg
Stephens/Hanlon
Murray

De Graaf
Rankin
Miller
McBride
Riordan

With brown in goals i think you have the team there.It seems defensively we have been sound apart from headers/corners so we need to ensure we look after their wingers who are meant to be quick and not allow their midfield any space as they have one or two good players in that dept.They appear to be suspect at the back so we could see a 2-2 or suchlike.I wouldnt be surprised to see degraaf or rankin score but as long as we are in the tie come the end of the game i dont mind.Yogi will want to try and get an away goal and with miller allowed to push forward and de graaf when the opportunity arises we could hopefully sneak one with of course any free kick around 25-30 yards out a chance for deek.I would think nish will come on for stokes after 65-70 mins and wotherspoon will also come on at some stage.Substitutions will be important so yogi needs to be ready for each eventuality and we have enough in the squad to cope.Feeling optimistic that we will still be in the tie after the game and with bamba likely to be back for the return league it should make for a humdinger of a game at er.
The friendlies now dont matter and all focus will be on th next two thursdays.At last a real game to look forward/get worked up about.Who are hertz and aberdeen playing this week btw.I dont actually know and dont care to be honest but just a wee dig.:thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2010, 04:50 PM

Apart from the Miller bit I fully agree.

At The Edge
26-07-2010, 05:15 PM
i'd go for....

Brown

Mc Bride Miller Wotherspoon
De Graff
Riordan Stokes

Bench
Nish, Rankin, Stevenson, Thicot, Hogg, Stack, Galbraith

I'd get De Graff to play inbetween the Midfield and forward line, controling the game, but with the oppertunity to get forward all the time feeding Deek and Ant.

Granted i haven't seen much of De Graff so i've no idea if he could play in this role.

Speedway
26-07-2010, 08:03 PM
rankin is a dead cert start for me, and spoony can always replace him when he is pish

Fixed that for you.

fife hfc
26-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Stack
Hart Hogg Hanlon Murray
Nish

Bench:

:agree: would be the team i would choose. we need to be solid and keep the game alive.

500miles
26-07-2010, 09:04 PM
:agree: would be the team i would choose. we need to be solid and keep the game alive.

I agree. Furthermore, I would suggest that having our most dangerous players play for the last half hour would get more out of them against a team who, while ahead of ourselves in the current fitness stakes, will still not be quite 100%. As long as De Graff keeps making late runs into the box from midfield,and Nish is played a bit higher up the park, I don't feel that the absence of Riordan and Stokes will allow the opposition to get too comfortable and therefore constantly pressure us. Of course, there are a lot of new players, and little oppertunity for the fans to assess them, so Yogi and his staff are the only ones with any great idea of what team suits the situation.

We need to keep our shape and discipline, take advantage when they show weakness, and give ourselves the best chance we can at home.

Ell_Chrisso
27-07-2010, 08:21 AM
1. Was Rankin?
2. In other words, Rankin isn't class.

Quite, but I've yet to find anyone who knows what that job is.

So that does mean you weren't at the games then??

Correct Rankin isnt "class". Not many Hibs players are, if any. If they were class, they would be either plying there trade for the dirty sister's, or down in England!

Give yer self a shake

Speedway
27-07-2010, 08:28 AM
So that does mean you weren't at the games then??

Correct Rankin isnt "class". Not many Hibs players are, if any. If they were class, they would be either plying there trade for the dirty sister's, or down in England!

Give yer self a shake

Saw every home game last season and around 50-60% of aways. Not that it matters. Rankin would've been pish even if I wasn't there.

Can I give him a shake instead, followed by a Bosman?

Ell_Chrisso
27-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Saw every home game last season and around 50-60% of aways. Not that it matters. Rankin would've been pish even if I wasn't there.

Aye, and while your there... give one to the rest of the squad. They need to be up for Thurs!!

RIP
27-07-2010, 01:39 PM

You missed the games when he was man of the match then - I attended several.

Are you ignoring the fact that Yogi rates him?

There are none so blind than those who will not see

scoopyboy
27-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Stack
Hart Hogg Hanlon Murray
Nish

Bench:

Put Stokes in for Nish and I think you have the team that will start.

Speedway
27-07-2010, 04:02 PM
You missed the games when he was man of the match then - I attended several.

Are you ignoring the fact that Yogi rates him?

There are none so blind than those who will not see

A blind guy in the team could have been man of the match in the pish we produced past February. That's no endorsement.