PDA

View Full Version : Carnoustie - Seniors Open

Calvin
25-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Was my first time up at Carnoustie today for the Seniors Open. Got a Player's Guest ticket which let us park at the hotel and use the hotel which was pretty cool.

What an absolutely fantastic course it is. It was somewhat odd to go to a real place that I have played 'virtually' dozens of times!

Highlight of the day was a Tom Watson eagle on the sixth, holed his approach from circa. 100 yards which was just phenomenal!

Langer won by a shot in the end, played some really good stuff as well.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Was my first time up at Carnoustie today for the Seniors Open. Got a Player's Guest ticket which let us park at the hotel and use the hotel which was pretty cool.

What an absolutely fantastic course it is. It was somewhat odd to go to a real place that I have played 'virtually' dozens of times!

Highlight of the day was a Tom Watson eagle on the sixth, holed his approach from circa. 100 yards which was just phenomenal!

Langer won by a shot in the end, played some really good stuff as well.

I was lucky enough to get to play Carnoustie about a year back. Absolutely amazing course, very challenging but a joy to play.

IWasThere2016
25-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I was lucky enough to get to play Carnoustie about a year back. Absolutely amazing course, very challenging but a joy to play.

It is torture IMHO - I started 4-4 and thought I was it. It soon had me wrecked though :agree:

I birdied 17 though :thumbsup: Only to rack up an 8 in front of a packed hotel/clubhouse! :boo hoo:

I wouldnae hurry back!

Pretty Boy
25-07-2010, 09:56 PM
It is torture IMHO - I started 4-4 and thought I was it. It soon had me wrecked though :agree:

I birdied 17 though :thumbsup: Only to rack up an 8 in front of a packed hotel/clubhouse! :boo hoo:

I wouldnae hurry back!

I enjoyed. I was lucky enough to get a day when the sun was out and there was lttle or no wind which helped.

I played the PGA centenary course at Gleneagles a couple of weeks after Carnoustie and personally preferred Carnoustie. I found the Gleneagles course challenging obviously, as you would expect from a course hosting the Ryder Cup, but was overall a bit disappointed especially with the 18th which just didn;t feel like a finishing hole should, IMO of course.