PDA

View Full Version : Potential for disorder in Blackpool?

.Sean.
25-07-2010, 11:37 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/07/25/cops-in-warning-to-hibs-casuals-ahead-of-friendly-with-blackpool-86908-22439039/

Sunday Mail seems to think so. Absoulutely ludicrous if the game was to be called off for this.

sunshine1875
25-07-2010, 11:41 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/07/25/cops-in-warning-to-hibs-casuals-ahead-of-friendly-with-blackpool-86908-22439039/

Sunday Mail seems to think so. Absoulutely ludicrous if the game was to be called off for this.

Typical West Coast media. I bet they didn't print anything like that before the Ger fans rioted in Manchester.

Big_Franck
25-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Here is the article for those who don't want to visit that rag's website:

Cops in warning to Hibs casuals ahead of friendly with Blackpool
Jul 25 2010 Exclusive by Stephen Stewart, Sunday Mail

POLICE could axe a Hibs pre-season friendly amid threats of violence by casuals.

More than 100 Hibs casuals from the feared Capital City Service (CCS) will head to Blackpool next month to wreak havoc at a match against the town's newly promoted Premiership side.

Ccs yobs aim to clash with a rival group called The Muckers - who have links to the far right BNP and style themselves "the Tangerine Fighting Machine".

The Sunday Mail can reveal police are in talks with both clubs because they are so worried about fan violence.

Officers said they were aware that a number of CCS casuals were going to travel to the game on August 8.

A Lancashire Constabulary spokeswoman said: "There are no plans to cancel the game yet but we are monitoring the situation. We are planning a policing operation for the football match and as part of this we will consider the potential for disorder."

A police source said: "There is potentially a dangerous mix of this match being on a Sunday in the height of summer with Blackpool being a popular destination for football fans on weekend trips.

"There is intelligence that groups of people are planning violence and this is of the utmost concern."

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We are aware of this and have been sharing intelligence with colleagues in England."

Toaods
25-07-2010, 11:43 AM
...a load of hypothetical garbage as usual from that guff of a paper.

Obviously a dirt raker has phoned the cops for a viewpoint and fired in a leading question which has been taken to extremes.

If they can't handle this suggested 'mob' from here they won't open the gates against a Premiership team.

Daily Record scaremongering at best.

seanraff07
25-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I can guarantee that there is always going to be casuals fighting when West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle etc play there but they aren't going to cancel them are they? It's part of football and isn't going to stop any time soon, they are basically giving into the violence at football games if there going to cancel a match before it's even started just because there's rumours of casuals heading down.

Hibby D
25-07-2010, 11:45 AM

Ludicrous is a bunch of billybigbaw idiots passing themselves off as football fans in order to throw punches at other idiots. Nothing but wee man syndrome :bitchy:

If I know who some of these idiots are then by God so do the polis - why don't they just stop them from travelling and barr them from being anywhere near the stadium?

Seems a simple and logical solution to me!

Toaods
25-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Here is the article for those who don't want to visit that rag's website but want to know the correct story:

Cops in NO warning to Hibs casuals ahead of friendly with Blackpool
Jul 25 2010 Exclusive by Stephen Stewart, recent school-leaver, Sunday Mail

POLICE could axe a Hibs pre-season friendly amid threats of violence by casuals, if they wanted to , same as any other match.More than 100 Hibs casuals from the feared Capital City Service (CCS) will head to Blackpool next month to wreak havoc at a match against the town's newly promoted Premiership side, if there are no police or stewards in attendance however as we all know this is impossible.
Ccs yobs aim to clash with a rival group called The Muckers - who have links to the far right BNP and style themselves "the Tangerine Fighting Machine", or perhaps it's the other way around but lets blame the Hibs fans regardless.
The Sunday Mail can reveal police are in talks with both clubs because they are so worried about fan violence.

Officers said they were aware that a number of CCS casuals were going to travel to the game on August 8, however they are also aware the usual travel to every other away game.A Lancashire Constabulary spokeswoman said: "There are no plans to cancel the game yet but we are monitoring the situation. We are planning a policing operation for the football match (what? the one the Daily Glasgow says you are cancelling?? ) and as part of this we will consider the potential for disorder."

A police source said: "There is potentially a dangerous mix of this match being on a Sunday in the height of summer with Blackpool being a popular destination for football fans on weekend trips.

"There is intelligence that groups of people are planning violence and this is of the utmost concern."

A spokesman for Lothian and Borders Police said: "We are aware of this and have been sharing intelligence with colleagues in England."[/QUOTE]

Lofarl
25-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Utter drivel from a toilet rag of a newspaper

bigstu
25-07-2010, 12:07 PM
there was lots of violence at the Bolton game last summer so i'm not suprised they're expecting trouble. it was policed poorly though & they seemed to be caught out, doubt it'll be the same this time.

Frazerbob
25-07-2010, 12:12 PM
there was lots of violence at the Bolton game last summer so i'm not suprised they're expecting trouble. it was policed poorly though & they seemed to be caught out, doubt it'll be the same this time.

There was also bother in Blackpool and Preston a few years ago when we played PNE pre-season. Why do these fannies have to ruin what should be a fun day out for all decent fans and locals just going about their business?

If you really want a square go, piss off to some field in the middle of nowhere and have it. Oh wait a minute, no chance of that happening because some of them might actually get hurt since there will be nobody around to stop it.

Toaods
25-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm nearly 50 ..... there was aggro at Newcastle, Bristol City, Leeds, Oldham, Bury, Millwall, Preston, Liverpool and plenty trouble when the boots been on the other foot with the likes of Cardiff and Leeds up here.

It is always going to happen (Hearts at Boro, Hull) (The OF everywhere) - I would be foolish to go to Blackpool and expect everyone to be patting each other on the back, you just have to take the sensible approach and keep clear of likely flashpoints. The cops are paid to control it and they will.

That aside, it would be good for once to come away from such a plce with the local cops parising us for our great behaviour, it would go a long way to shutting these tubes up in Glasgow.

I'd like to see Hibs make a complaint to the Press Commission on inflammatory articles as this is exactly the type of crap that just gives rise to the situation.

Phil D. Rolls
25-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Hate to side with the Rantic, but there are direct quotes from Police officers saying they have received intelligence that something is being planned. I believe there was trouble last year at Bolton, so this article hardly seems unreasonable.

Toaods
25-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Hate to side with the Rantic, but there are direct quotes from Police officers saying they have received intelligence that something is being planned. I believe there was trouble last year at Bolton, so this article hardly seems unreasonable.

surely they have intelligence on something being planned constantly....hopefully the intelligence is a tad better than last year as it was fairl common knowledge on the various boards that something was in the offing for Bolton yet it still happened.

lucky
25-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I think everyone is expecting trouble. I am really surprised that we got this fixture. I do not think for 1 minute the game will be called off. But writing stuff like this will only highlight it to more troublemakers and as such more will travel.

Gala Foxes

I was in Bolton from the friday to the sunday - saw a little brief stand off in the car park after the game but "lots of violence" ? - I must have been lucky enough to avoid that

.Sean.
There was me under the impression that this years 'big day out' was Carlisle...

Let's just enjoy ourselves whilst we're down there, if the idiots want to fight, **** 'em.

Ernie Cobra
25-07-2010, 12:45 PM

Yes i believe Danny Dyer has organised a propa norty little firm......Police travel to ALL away games and it would take chief inspector Bergerac Taggart to recognise that Blackpool is a trouble blackspot EVERY weekend, so a couple of thousand "sweaty socks" being in town hardly makes for a morris dancing extravaganza.

Yes thier will be trouble, yes thier will be "casuals" travelling, yes they will be shaddow boxing behind rows of police and shouting some "nasty" remarks, however if you dont want it you won't see it!

.Sean.
25-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I was in Bolton from the friday to the sunday - saw a little brief stand off in the car park after the game but "lots of violence" ? - I must have been lucky enough to avoid that
There was a fair bit of bother down there last year. It was a very intense atmosphere in the so-called 'Krazy Korner' and this carried on outside. Shops were smashed up IIRC. Nonetheless Bolton was a ****in' superb day out.

I'm sure if you search on here there's a thread that ran to about 10 pages about it.

Hibercelona
25-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm wiping my arse with it right now... :yawn:

Hattrick Baker
25-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Ludicrous is a bunch of billybigbaw idiots passing themselves off as football fans in order to throw punches at other idiots. Nothing but wee man syndrome :bitchy:

If I know who some of these idiots are then by God so do the polis - why don't they just stop them from travelling and barr them from being anywhere near the stadium?

Seems a simple and logical solution to me!
On what basis?
We think you are going to fight someone?
We think you are a trouble maker?
Wev think you MIGHT get in to the stadium and cause bother.
If people acted like yourself, then it wont be long before EVERY travelling fan is banned

Hibby D
25-07-2010, 01:01 PM
On what basis?
We think you are going to fight someone? yes
We think you are a trouble maker? yes
Wev think you MIGHT get in to the stadium and cause bother. yes

If people acted like yourself, then it wont be long before EVERY travelling fan is banned

Dinnae be silly - I'm talking about the little letches that are known casuals. The baby crew and the old has-beens who still saunter around as if the world in in awe of them. Known to the police and known to many ordinary football fans.

And it's not people like me that will cause "EVERY" travelling fan being banned - it's the stupid erseholes who see an away friendly as an excuse to try and recreate the 80's who will ultimately spoil it for everyone.

CropleyWasGod
25-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Dinnae be silly - I'm talking about the little letches that are known casuals. The baby crew and the old has-beens who still saunter around as if the world in in awe of them. Known to the police and known to many ordinary football fans.

And it's not people like me that will cause "EVERY" travelling fan being banned - it's the stupid erseholes who see an away friendly as an excuse to try and recreate the 80's who will ultimately spoil it for everyone.

Di in "sensible old woman post" shocker.

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2010, 01:12 PM

NOW I'm excited.

Hattrick Baker
25-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Dinny be silly???
I do know what you are saying mate, but you just cannot ban people from somewhere on "hearsay". where does it end?
It's all "thinking"
It would get laughed out of court, and so it should, what kind of world do you want, when the bizzies can basically do what they want with a bit "hearsay"

That's the thing with this country, its called freedom to do or go where you want!

As you say, "Known to the police" but without actually being in the position of doing anything wrong, how can you then ban them?

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 01:20 PM
The police football intelligence came to see me at the Stanley road working men's club last tuesday. They will have men at the club, and the other club thats taking Hibs fans, while wanting us to enjoy the day, they wont tolerate any trouble. They know where the majority of fans are going to be, those wanting trouble would be better finding another place to have a drink.

Hibercelona
25-07-2010, 01:20 PM
NOW I'm excited.

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-07-2010, 01:21 PM
On what basis?
We think you are going to fight someone?
We think you are a trouble maker?
Wev think you MIGHT get in to the stadium and cause bother.

The police do this type of thing on a regular basis.

When fans are going abroad to watch their team, known trouble makers have their passports taken from them until after the match has taken place and even when matches are taking place in the same country, the police visit hooligans who are known to them to warn them to stay away from the match.

I'm not certain that this match will take place anyway as the match is two weeks away and we still haven't had any details on tickets being sold.

If any potential Hibs hooligans are looking at this thread and are considering causing bother down there then I just appeal to them to stay away and not to spoil, what should be, a fun day out for the majority of genuine Hibs fans. There's likely to be a large amount of holidaymakers in Blackpool on that day and we don't want young children being subjected to dozens of boozed up thugs fighting on nearby streets or, God forbid, them being caught up in any violent scenes.

Hattrick Baker
25-07-2010, 01:26 PM
The police do this type of thing on a regular basis.

When fans are going abroad to watch their team, known trouble makers have their passports taken from them until after the match has taken place and even when matches are taking place in the same country, the police visit hooligans who are known to them to warn them to stay away from the match.

I'm not certain that this match will take place anyway as the match is two weeks away and we still haven't had any details on tickets being sold.

If any potential Hibs hooligans are looking at this thread and are considering causing bother down there then I just appeal to them to stay away and not to spoil, what should be, a fun day out for the majority of genuine Hibs fans. There's likely to be a large amount of holidaymakers in Blackpool on that day and we don't want young children being subjected to dozens of boozed up thugs fighting on nearby streets or, God forbid, them being caught up in any violent scenes.
Only if you have been done for football violence.
I would say that equates to about 10/15% of casuals, so wouldn't say that had much weight behind it, would still be a very lot of them able to travel.

StevieC
25-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I wonder if the potential for trouble at the Rangers v Newcastle game the day before will receive as much column space in the coming week?

:rolleyes:

Perspective
25-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Hibs as a club should do more to condemn the moronic element.

They stay quiet while these idiots bring out books glamourising their thug pasts, then serialise it for the papers - dragging the club's name through the mud while they boast about still going to the games on a weekly basis.

Just my opinion, but there should no place for these thugs at Easter Road.

Hopefully this is nipped in the bud before Blackpool and everyone heading down can enjoy their trip hassle-free as ambassadors for the mighty Hibees.

Nameless
25-07-2010, 01:51 PM
If any potential Hibs hooligans are looking at this thread and are considering causing bother down there then I just appeal to them to stay away and not to spoil, what should be, a fun day out for the majority of genuine Hibs fans.

When does a potential hooligan become an actual hooligan:hmmm:

Anyway, the gerneral consensus is that the common, garden variety hooligan, is an illiterate creature, so your heartfelt appeal will surely fall on deaf ears, or stupid eyes maybe:eyes:

hibeeleicester
25-07-2010, 01:57 PM
As long as its all well away from the ground and no one else gets involved/hurt then i dont have any problem with it, let them be.

steviecarnie
25-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Arent Sellick, Scotlands Shame and The Yams all playing in london on the same day this summer? surely theres more potential (lets be honest Its Guaranteed - Love in between Rangers/Chelsea against hammers/the wall etc) for trouble there than in blackpool?

Hibercelona
25-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Arent Sellick, Scotlands Shame and The Yams all playing in london on the same day this summer? surely theres more potential (lets be honest Its Guaranteed - Love in between Rangers/Chelsea against hammers/the wall etc) for trouble there than in blackpool?

Yep.

But apparently because we are Hibs fans, it makes us wife beating, drug taking, hooliganism jakeys. :rolleyes:

I don't know why people bother with these p!sh stained articles. They are there to get a rise out of us and sadly its working.

silverhibee
25-07-2010, 02:17 PM
The police football intelligence came to see me at the Stanley road working men's club last tuesday. They will have men at the club, and the other club thats taking Hibs fans, while wanting us to enjoy the day, they wont tolerate any trouble. They know where the majority of fans are going to be, those wanting trouble would be better finding another place to have a drink.

Thats TQM told then. :greengrin

jakki
25-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Dinny be silly???
I do know what you are saying mate, but you just cannot ban people from somewhere on "hearsay". where does it end?
It's all "thinking"
It would get laughed out of court, and so it should, what kind of world do you want, when the bizzies can basically do what they want with a bit "hearsay"

That's the thing with this country, its called freedom to do or go where you want!

As you say, "Known to the police" but without actually being in the position of doing anything wrong, how can you then ban them?
You talk about Freedom. Surely Freedom should mean that I can go to football games with my daughter and 5 grandchilden without of threat of them being harmed. This didn't happen at Bolton. My 13 year old grandson was threated by an angry bloody faced Bolton fan who couldn't see past he was wearing a Hibs top and that he had been attacked by Hibs so called supporters.Luckily the police were at hand to lead this enraged Bolton player away from us.

All during that game there was hatrid between some of the fans that spilled out after the game to fistiecuffs and we were caught in the aftermath. It was well known that the CCS were going to that game but having their battle well away from the ground but unfortunately they showed up at the game and fought after the game and caused havok in a nearby shopping centre. Those " fans" we can do without and if it means that these were to register at a Police Station in the Lothians at kick off time, all the better

johnrebus
25-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Good grief.

Did Blackpool Football Club not exist up until now?

Have they never had any trouble with fans there before?

In recent years Millwall and Leeds United amongst others have played there, so I'm pretty sure the police know what to expect and have experience of controlling such events.

Usual pish from an excuse of a newspaper.

:bitchy:

Scorrie
25-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Have the Hunday Mail mentoned the behaviour of Celtc fans in Lincoln yesterday? probably written this aboot Hibs to take attention away from their shocking behaviour

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Thats TQM told then. :greengrin

I doubt it. :wink: As i said earlier, i spoke to them on Tuesday, they have obviously been in touch with the Edinburgh intelligence, the officer told me they would be attending the clubs with their men, they will have someone filming anyone coming in, and going out. That does not bother me, as i have no intention of causing any bother. It should not offend anyone else either imho, unless you feel your civil liberties have been breached in some way? :faf: Enjoy the day, get pished, have a sing song, cheer the team on, and hopefully we will all have a great time. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
25-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I doubt it. :wink: As i said earlier, i spoke to them on Tuesday, they have obviously been in touch with the Edinburgh intelligence, the officer told me they would be attending the clubs with their men, they will have someone filming anyone coming in, and going out. That does not bother me, as i have no intention of causing any bother. It should not offend anyone else either imho, unless you feel your civil liberties have been breached in some way? :faf: Enjoy the day, get pished, have a sing song, cheer the team on, and hopefully we will all have a great time. :thumbsup:
The polis at Pittodrie do this regularly.

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2010, 03:31 PM

...but if TQM goes looking for it...:greengrin

hibeedonald
25-07-2010, 03:48 PM
You talk about Freedom. Surely Freedom should mean that I can go to football games with my daughter and 5 grandchilden without of threat of them being harmed. This didn't happen at Bolton. My 13 year old grandson was threated by an angry bloody faced Bolton fan who couldn't see past he was wearing a Hibs top and that he had been attacked by Hibs so called supporters.Luckily the police were at hand to lead this enraged Bolton player away from us.

All during that game there was hatrid between some of the fans that spilled out after the game to fistiecuffs and we were caught in the aftermath. It was well known that the CCS were going to that game but having their battle well away from the ground but unfortunately they showed up at the game and fought after the game and caused havok in a nearby shopping centre. Those " fans" we can do without and if it means that these were to register at a Police Station in the Lothians at kick off time, all the better

the shopping centre was drunken hibs fans, ccs were involed in a fight far away from the game

silverhibee
25-07-2010, 04:00 PM

Looking forward to the game and having a good time. :thumbsup:

Ernie Cobra
25-07-2010, 04:00 PM
there is a little abc with on the tool bar.....is that a spell check :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 04:01 PM

It happens here every week sean, and Blackpool must have more cctv per mile than any other town in the country. If you cause trouble here, they will find you.:greengrin

scoopyboy
25-07-2010, 04:15 PM
the shopping centre was drunken hibs fans, ccs were involed in a fight far away from the game

Wrong. The CCS went through the shopping centre and were involved. They were involved in a fight far away from the ground later.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 04:17 PM
...but if TQM goes looking for it...:greengrin

I will make an exception. :wink:

steviecarnie
25-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Lothian and Borders do it outside the Roseburn when we are there, was 2 outside the last time. there was also an officer filming as we went into tynie. Its standard practise these days

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Jakki, time to let the Bolton trip go, every time theres a thread about bother at the footy it gets churned out!

At The Edge
25-07-2010, 05:02 PM
if anything its because the Rebellion music festival is on the same weekend in Blackpool, probably around 5000 punks going to be in and around Blackpool over the weekend, so the police may be a bit stretched, never any bother though at the festival and they tolerate drinking in the street to a certain degree.
Not sure how close the stadium is to the city centre?
Hibs game during the day, Bad Religion at night :top marks

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-07-2010, 05:12 PM
if anything its because the Rebellion music festival is on the same weekend in Blackpool, probably around 5000 punks going to be in and around Blackpool over the weekend, so the police may be a bit stretched, never any bother though at the festival and they tolerate drinking in the street to a certain degree.
Not sure how close the stadium is to the city centre?
Hibs game during the day, Bad Religion at night :top marks

Last weekend when travelling up from the south coast I stayed overnight in the South Shore Travelodge which is just across the road from the stadium. It's a 5 minute walk down to the promenade so is very central.

basehibby
25-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Lancashire polis would surely just make a laughing stock of themselves if they cancel the game because of this - what are they gonna do when they're in the EPL and have large travelling supports from Manchester, Liverpool, West Ham etc dropping by - are they just going to cancel half Blackpool's league fixtures cos they're incapable of policing them or what :confused::confused::confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
25-07-2010, 05:48 PM
how can this possibly come as a surprise to anyone? !!!!

bloody hell, let the game go ahead. The casuals will do what the want, wherever they are !

jakki
25-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Jakki, time to let the Bolton trip go, every time theres a thread about bother at the footy it gets churned out!
Oops sorry for me repeating myself but I think that people should be warned that if the CCS is going to have a rumble before the game , it can follow on at the game itself and that innocent families can be caught up in the aftermath. If I go to Blackpool, there is no way that I'll be taking any grandkids with me.

Its such a pity that a great day out was spoiled by Hibs "fans" who battered a man who then wanted vengence against a kid.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Does anyone not find it strange we don't have tickets on sale for this game yet?:confused:

Hibby D
25-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Di in "sensible old woman post" shocker.

:top marks

I'm not biting :greengrin

NOW I'm excited.

Glad to have helped :greengrin

Dinny be silly???
It's all "thinking"

Why are you defending them?? :confused:

Next you'll be telling me the casuals actually made going to the football in the 80's safer for the ordinary football fan :wink:

Listen, the police know exactly who the culprits are - and it makes no odds to me that "only" 10 or 15% of the whole casual element has ever actually been caught and charged with football related violence. Just because a child molester hasn't been caught doesn't make him any less dangerous to children or a drunk driver any less a potential murderer.

I don't want these pea-brains associated with my football club :no way:

ronaldo7
25-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Oops sorry for me repeating myself but I think that people should be warned that if the CCS is going to have a rumble before the game , it can follow on at the game itself and that innocent families can be caught up in the aftermath. If I go to Blackpool, there is no way that I'll be taking any grandkids with me.
Its such a pity that a great day out was spoiled by Hibs "fans" who battered a man who then wanted vengence against a kid.

I am Jakki, were going to ride the Donkeys too:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2010, 06:24 PM
there is a little abc with on the tool bar.....is that a spell check :cool2:

Yes. I don't think there's a button to check grammar though.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I am Jakki, were going to ride the Donkeys too:cool2:

I'm sure a few guys will be hoping to do the same...

Antifa Hibs
25-07-2010, 06:50 PM
What a load of bollocks, again.

You could use that article and just change the teams for every match for every season for Hibs, aberdeen, OF, man utd, spurs, west ham, liverpool, newcastle etc etc etc etc.

Load of nonsense. You'll get the norm, bit scottish-english banter, some gesturing, some singing, loads of bevvy, the usual stuff.

Anyone worried by that pish spouted by a weegie rag needs a hied check.

The FIO can fk off aswell, for someone who is meant to know Hibs hooligans inside out, every match involving Hearts and Rangers they somehow let slip a group of 50 men swaggering about up town.

The match will go ahead as planned. We'll take a good support down. We'll have a few dafties down. We'll have a great time. The dafties will have a 34 second scrap 2 miles away from the stadium. The Daily Ranger will still be a ****my weegie rag :cool2:

And if Blackpool polis can't handle a few daft leithers, how the heck they gonna manage policing about 5000 mental Man U fans..? Therefore every game should be cancelled expect those involving, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn and Fulham, as other teams have a known hooligan element. Utter p1sh!!

Toaods
25-07-2010, 07:13 PM

...so , ehhh no mention of the game being cancelled then....:faf:

kev1875
25-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Does anyone not find it strange we don't have tickets on sale for this game yet?:confused:

My brother rang Blackpool on Friday who said Hibs should have the tickets on Monday. 1800 we have been given.

Toaods
25-07-2010, 08:12 PM
My brother rang Blackpool on Friday who said Hibs should have the tickets on Monday. 1800 we have been given.

Hurrah...makes more sense to have tickets if there's a fear of crowd trouble within the stadium.

silverhibee
25-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Next you'll be telling me the casuals actually made going to the football in the 80's safer for the ordinary football fan :wink:

Listen, the police know exactly who the culprits are - and it makes no odds to me that "only" 10 or 15% of the whole casual element has ever actually been caught and charged with football related violence. Just because a child molester hasn't been caught doesn't make him any less dangerous to children or a drunk driver any less a potential murderer.

So do the club. :wink:

Fantic
25-07-2010, 09:56 PM
The chances are that Blackpool and Hibs won't be the only 2 groups of casuals around the town for this game. That's what the polis are worried about. Don't think they'll cancel it though.

Hattrick Baker
25-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Who is defending casuals?

Im talking about being able to go and do what you want, without the police telling you otherwise because of hearsay, no-one has the right to tell anyone they are not going unless as i said they have previous football violence charges, then they have to deal with it if they get banned.
It's not a nanny state........ yet

Jack
25-07-2010, 10:29 PM
The daily record only publish such stuff to justify and excuse the OF bile and real hooliganism, its balanced reporting!
As for proctive policing I'm all for it. Keep on giving these assholes a hard time and maybe one day the penny will drop that they are not wanted either by the Hibs support or society.

lucky
25-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately the reputation gained in the 80's and 90's has stuck. As such when Hibs play in England the hooligans from the home team come out in force and the CCS travel in big numbers. Millwall away cemented Hibs reputation in England. I doubt very much if the game will get cancelled but I suspect there will be trouble in Blackpool on Saturday and Sunday nights.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
25-07-2010, 10:51 PM
ow is that "complete pish" ???? Because he/she does not agree with you ???? or because he/she is not talking about H33RST debt ?

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Just in from the club, and Ricky the chairmen told me the police mentioned something about some folk have been threatening each other on facebook. Make of that what you want.

LancashireHibby
25-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Just in from the club, and Ricky the chairmen told me the police mentioned something about some folk have been threatening each other on facebook. Make of that what you want.

Looks like another addition to the Daily Mail's "Facebook is to blame for..." list :thumbsup:

The Huns were due at Bolton a couple of years ago (before the UEFA Cup mess) but the game was cancelled about 3 weeks before it was due to take place because of expected trouble, so it isn't completely out of the question, but I'd be surprised if it was pulled at this short notice unless Lancs police are struggling to pull in reinforcements etc.

To be fair, the police in Blackpool are used to dealing with serious disorder on a weekly basis so if something is concerning them then I wouldn't brush it completely under the carpet.

Still, bit of a long way to travel for a bit of pavement dancing (won't make it any better for the families of holidaymakers who will doubtless end up caught up in it on the prom though).

Fantic
25-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Stay clear of facebook before, during and after the match?

Antifa Hibs
26-07-2010, 07:41 AM

Thats their intelligence. Thats how they earn their 30k a year :faf:

And I wouldn't worry about any potential trouble in the club. There will be none. See it every 2nd week at away matches. Hibs fans will go into the usual designated away pub, while the small group of 'casuals' will move down the road to their 'own' place.

Anyone any idea what stand we're getting? How's Blackpools East coming on?

darwenhibby
26-07-2010, 08:47 AM

But dont the police visit you quite regular on a Tuesday and warn you about your behaviour the previous weekend.

If it was not for you Lancs Hibs would be redundant

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Thats their intelligence. Thats how they earn their 30k a year :faf:

And I wouldn't worry about any potential trouble in the club. There will be none. See it every 2nd week at away matches. Hibs fans will go into the usual designated away pub, while the small group of 'casuals' will move down the road to their 'own' place.

Anyone any idea what stand we're getting? How's Blackpools East coming on?

:agree: I'd agree about no trouble at the club, they would be stupid to start anything as there will be quite a few coppers in the club, plain clothed ones too. The stand is coming along, nowhere near finished yet, and looks odd compared to the other ones, its not as high as the other 3 sides.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 09:18 AM
But dont the police visit you quite regular on a Tuesday and warn you about your behaviour the previous weekend.

If it was not for you Lancs Hibs would be redundant

Duane, you are getting me mixed up with Billy again. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-07-2010, 09:21 AM
sad how red top papers now use Facebook, daily, to get stories. Gutter press at its extreme worst :agree:

Joe Baker II
26-07-2010, 10:34 AM
I wonder if the potential for trouble at the Rangers v Newcastle game the day before will receive as much column space in the coming week?

:rolleyes:

The idea that they have agenda against Hibs is frankly paranoia and many Hibs fans would laugh loudly had the post above come from a Celtic fan. The Daily Record frequently publishes excessive predictions of potential trouble when Old Firm play outwith Scotland on various occasions to gain attention and much more often than such articles about Hibs.

Not defending DR and in most cases totally wrong and fact that these occasionally turn out to be true is no excuse, I am sure what they are saying about Blackpool is rubbish, but they would argue fact it has provoked a discussion such as the one above would justify its publication on a commercial basis.

As per above post agree it does not look good that Hibs board says nothing when supporters are slandered in articles like this, yet were happy to ban DR when Collins was manager when it published articles that Board and management did not like that, double standards again from Board sadly.

Newhaven
26-07-2010, 11:21 AM
As per above post agree it does not look good that Hibs board says nothing when supporters are slandered in articles like this, yet were happy to ban DR when Collins was manager when it published articles that Board and management did not like that, double standards again from Board sadly.

Are you happy with anything that the current board at hibs have done?

aberhibsfc
26-07-2010, 11:36 AM
On a lighter note, I didn't read it properly but at first I thought thread was about Blackpool Hibs. :dummytit:

Hibs On Tour
26-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Pish. What are the board supposed to do? Say nothing will happen then end up with egg on their faces if anything does?

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Great to see have this 'salt of earth lads just having a harmless punch-up' versus 'major threat to global peace' debate. A preseason simply wouldn't be the same without it.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2010, 12:39 PM

They been poking each other?

Toaods
26-07-2010, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2524082there will be quite a few coppers in the club, plain clothed ones too. [/QUOTE]

not very well disguised if amongst a large group of folk bedecked in Green and white.........unless they are serving drinks on trays....:greengrin

Nijinsky
26-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Dinny be silly???
I do know what you are saying mate, but you just cannot ban people from somewhere on "hearsay". where does it end?It's all "thinking"

Its not really 'hearsay' tho' is it?

There are a number of 'casuals' who are known to police because they have form for trouble at games. If they are stopped from attending (Hibs)games in general, home and away, then the trouble lessens.

'Casuals' are a breed who thrive on fear, the other persons(fans), and this fear is increased when they are in numbers.

Simple way to deal with it is ban the so-called ring-leaders (these would be the guys who are well known to the police through their constant filming of crowds at games) and the ones who are arrested for fighting at games. The number of 'casuals' attending games would soon dwindle, as they cant operate unless there's lots of them. This is when the fear back-fires. They are now the ones who are scared because they're not 'mob-handed'. Frightened wee laddies who are ****-scared to do 1-on-1, but brave as lions when its 70-80-90 of them charging down a street.

Cowards, everyone of them.

basehibby
26-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately the reputation gained in the 80's and 90's has stuck. As such when Hibs play in England the hooligans from the home team come out in force and the CCS travel in big numbers. Millwall away cemented Hibs reputation in England. I doubt very much if the game will get cancelled but I suspect there will be trouble in Blackpool on Saturday and Sunday nights.

:agree: I was at that game and the atmosphere was poisonous - reason? Our self styled heroic Hibs casuals went on the rampage before the match swooping on unsuspecting Millwall boozers and wrecking the joints without provocation.

result? - a load of Millwall descend on the away turnstiles and set about the ordinary fans there queuing up to get in - so - a big thanks to the heroic Hibs casuals for getting a load of innocent Hibies a kicking :bitchy:

So - if any "Hibs Boys" are out there reading, PLEASE stay away from Blackpool/Carlisle and allow the rest of us to enjoy ourselves without you lot dragging the name of Hibs into the gutter and so endangering the rest of us - or if you can't/won't stay away then how about just behaving yerselves ?!?

Most of us Hibbies with a mental age of over three view away friendlies as an opportunity to make friends rather than batter heids - it's a lot easier to do that if the home support is not aleady alienated towards us because of the moronic actions of a deranged minority purporting to represent us.

marinello59
26-07-2010, 02:43 PM
*Cops to Axe Hen Night Amid Threats of Disorder*

Lancashire Constabulary are considering axing Big Senga fae Shettlestons Pre-Nuptial Gathering in Blackpool this weekend due to fears of clashes with a rival hen night.
More than 50 women are expected to descend on Blackpool amid fears they could wreak havoc in the seaside town.
A spokesman for Lancashire Constabulary said, '' There are no plans to cancel this hen night yet but with this being the height of summer Blackpool will be exceptionally busy. There will also be a football match on and we don't want innocent football fans getting caught up in the sordid scenes of devastation we might get. Possibly. We checked out Senga's facebook page and it wasn't pretty.''
We interviewed one well known Hibs casual who expressed outrage at this groups presence. Billy Bones (72) told us he would be taking every precaution he could to avoid his mates seeing him making any contact with these women and added ''Which pub will they be in?''
A spokesman for Blackpool Town Council declined to comment other than repeating the phrase ''police intelligence'' over and over again and bursting in to laughter.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Lancashire Constabulary are considering axing Big Senga fae Shettlestons Pre-Nuptial Gathering in Blackpool this weekend due to fears of clashes with a rival hen night.
More than 50 women are expected to descend on Blackpool amid fears they could wreak havoc in the seaside town.
A spokesman for Lancashire Constabulary said, '' There are no plans to cancel this hen night yet but with this being the height of summer Blackpool will be exceptionally busy. There will also be a football match on and we don't want innocent football fans getting caught up in the sordid scenes of devastation we might get. Possibly. We checked out Senga's facebook page and it wasn't pretty.''
We interviewed one well known Hibs casual who expressed outrage at this groups presence. Billy Bones (72) told us he would be taking every precaution he could to avoid his mates seeing him making any contact with these women and added ''Which pub will they be in?''
A spokesman for Blackpool Town Council declined to comment other than repeating the phrase ''police intelligence'' over and over again and bursting in to laughter.

FFS i have booked senga in the stanley road club, i will be getting a reputation if this carry's on. :wink:

MSK
27-07-2010, 06:02 AM

A spokesman for Blackpool Town Council declined to comment other than repeating the phrase ''police intelligence'' over and over again and bursting in to laughter.:greengrin

Joe Baker II
27-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Pish. What are the board supposed to do? Say nothing will happen then end up with egg on their faces if anything does?

A comment that sensationalist articles with no evidence to back up content are unhelpful would suffice, though I agree papers like DR wiuld probably still publish anyway.

Dashing Bob S
27-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I think generally speaking, the authorities should take a tougher line on those convicted of hooliganism.

I'd like to see offenders put on stage and forced to sing Phil Collins 'Against All Odds' before a panel of critical judges and a live studio audience.

marinello59
27-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I think generally speaking, the authorities should take a tougher line on those convicted of hooliganism.

I'd like to see offenders put on stage and forced to sing Phil Collins 'Against All Odds' before a panel of critical judges and a live studio audience.

Why waste money on the scoundrels? Just make them listen to Phil Collins sing 'Against All Odds.' Although they could be forced to wear a selection of top notch gear from the 2005 Primark collection whilst doing so.

Actually I have just described my social life. All of it. And I am not even a hooligan. Except for the time, (back in the day), that I invaded the pitch when my team was losing at Subbuteo and trampled the entire Leeds United team into the carpet.

ballengeich
27-07-2010, 10:11 PM

You're the type of person that European legislation on human rights was directed against. I take it that you lost your job on the Daily Mail recently. There can be no other explanation for your inhumanity towards vandals, yobs and thugs. These people need a hug, as our prime minister has explained.

mickki40
27-07-2010, 10:21 PM
FFS i have booked senga in the stanley road club, i will be getting a reputation if this carry's on. :wink:
Senga's a guaranteed cert Gary... she will be in Buddies with me the night before . she will be there

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2010, 09:27 AM
You're the type of person that European legislation on human rights was directed against. I take it that you lost your job on the Daily Mail recently. There can be no other explanation for your inhumanity towards vandals, yobs and thugs. These people need a hug, as our prime minister has explained.

The next thing is to force any hoolies convicted in Europe to form boy bands, and represent their country in the Eurovision Song Contest. If the authorities listened to the likes of Bobby here, they'd soon be be able to put a stop to 'this cancer on the game' TM and save the overburdened taxpayer money on costly prison accomo.

MSK
28-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Got tickets in the Mortensen North stand ....G..which stand is that ?..im assuming its behind one of the goals & not part of the main stand ..

LancashireHibby
28-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Got tickets in the Mortensen North stand ....G..which stand is that ?..im assuming its behind one of the goals & not part of the main stand ..

It's the older of the two stands behind the goal. IIRC it begins at Block A on the eastern side so it seems we've got the full stand behind the goal to me (can't see them having the away fans between two sets of home fans on either side).

MSK
28-07-2010, 04:47 PM
It's the older of the two stands behind the goal. IIRC it begins at Block A on the eastern side so it seems we've got the full stand behind the goal to me (can't see them having the away fans between two sets of home fans on either side).Cheers mate ..:agree:...sorry im not too sure of what rows or seat numbers....the G was for Gary (BH)....:greengrin

LancashireHibby
28-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Cheers mate ..:agree:...sorry im not too sure of what rows or seat numbers....the G was for Gary (BH)....:greengrin

That makes sense now that I've read it! :wink:

I e-mailed BFC this afternoon on a work-related matter so stuck in a PS about our allocation so shall come back with my findings :agree:

ClewsHibs
28-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Where we all meeting in Blackpool before the game? :greengrin:party::cheers:

ClewsHibs
28-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Where we all meeting in Blackpool before the game? :greengrin:party::cheers:

MSK
28-07-2010, 08:43 PM
That makes sense now that I've read it! :wink:

I e-mailed BFC this afternoon on a work-related matter so stuck in a PS about our allocation so shall come back with my findings :agree:Block B 8 ...:agree:

Turnip
28-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Its not really 'hearsay' tho' is it?

There are a number of 'casuals' who are known to police because they have form for trouble at games. If they are stopped from attending (Hibs)games in general, home and away, then the trouble lessens.

'Casuals' are a breed who thrive on fear, the other persons(fans), and this fear is increased when they are in numbers.

Simple way to deal with it is ban the so-called ring-leaders (these would be the guys who are well known to the police through their constant filming of crowds at games) and the ones who are arrested for fighting at games. The number of 'casuals' attending games would soon dwindle, as they cant operate unless there's lots of them. This is when the fear back-fires. They are now the ones who are scared because they're not 'mob-handed'. Frightened wee laddies who are ****-scared to do 1-on-1, but brave as lions when its 70-80-90 of them charging down a street.

Cowards, everyone of them.

Why on earth havent the authorities thought of that :rolleyes:, ever thought about going into politics?

Hibrandenburg
29-07-2010, 05:00 AM
As long as its all well away from the ground and no one else gets involved/hurt then i dont have any problem with it, let them be.

Bollocks! Doesn't matter a toss where it takes place it still drags our name through the mud. It also makes it harder for the normal fans to get on together when they know that at some point, somewhere their compatriots will be kicking seven shades of **** out of each other.

Bairns the lot of them. Footy violence is just the next stage up from Japs 'n' Commandos.

LancashireHibby
29-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Block B 8 ...:agree:

We've been allocated one half of the North Stand behind the goal, approximately 1,300 tickets :agree:

Toaods
29-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Is that a new temp stand or one they used last season? Just surprised as I was in for a ticket sharp but our row is AA.

MSK
29-07-2010, 08:31 AM
We've been allocated one half of the North Stand behind the goal, approximately 1,300 tickets :agree:Good stuff ..cheers ...:thumbsup:

Bad Martini
29-07-2010, 11:17 AM
When looking for newspapers to catch paint spillages for an upcoming redecoration of the hoose, I considered both the daily hun and the moron-tastic Scottish stun as potential candidates for the job.

Then I considered how I'd rather cut of ma gonads, feast on them for a week, whilst singing a combination of the Sash, Glorious Hearts and ****y rasellick songs, declaring an undeniable love for Queen Lizzie fi Germany and at the same time, doing the can can whilst painting the bits the useless cants missed on the forth rail bridge when painting it as opposed to buying THOSE *****g rags.

So, I didnae bother. :greengrin

As and when the daily ****** learns to publish news as opposed to west coast biased and "we'll do the thinking for you daft *****" spun crap, I'll consider parting with the sheckles for it.

Til then, they can take their "news" and ram it up their collective, unwashed, uneducated erses.

As for the chances of a fight. Let's consider; a bunch of males (predominantly), in proximity, with alcohol, and hormones, and something to argue over. ****ing hell, there's a chance of someone having a cross word? Ye don't say sherlock.....now then, repeat above formula, apply to EVERY game of fitba in every league throughout the UK ..... hmmm.

And this is "news".

Only to bawbags and radges who live on the planet zorg who perhaps haven't considered the implications of football/arguments/alcohol....

ENDOF :bye:

LancashireHibby
29-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Is that a new temp stand or one they used last season? Just surprised as I was in for a ticket sharp but our row is AA.

It's the existing stand behind the goal, one of the two that they rebuilt a few years ago (the one behind the other goal only opened during last season).