PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen keeper Jamie Langfield in hot water injury

sunshine1875
24-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield will miss much of the club's pre-season preparations after spilling boiling water on his foot. I can recall other players who have been injured in the house / garden, such as Kirk Broadfoot scalded in his face by an egg explosion.

What other similar injuries can others remember?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8851390.stm

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Steve Fulton missed the 1st 3 season of his professional career with a face problem that occurred at birth. The midwife slapped it mistaking it for his erse.

Pretty Boy
24-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Ex Valencia goalkeeper Santiago Canizares missed the 2002 World Cup when he dropped a bottle of after shave on his foot which smashed and severed tendons.

Sure there was a keeper who knackered his back reaching for a remote control as well.

Greenblood70
24-07-2010, 03:32 PM
No great shock to here Langfield dropped something...I've often thought he's the worst goalkeeper in the SPL.

iwasthere1972
24-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Christian Nade missed the beginning of a season due to the Great Forklift Drivers Strike.

squire
24-07-2010, 04:06 PM
I think our Rob once did his back in doing the ironing.

In the same vein as Langfield, ladies and gentlemen I give you Hearts new superstar striker Kevin Kyle: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2006/04/04/scaldin-balls-footy-star-drops-boiling-water-in-lap-115875-16900129/

sunshine1875
24-07-2010, 04:21 PM

In the same vein as Langfield, ladies and gentlemen I give you Hearts new superstar striker Kevin Kyle: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2006/04/04/scaldin-balls-footy-star-drops-boiling-water-in-lap-115875-16900129/

:faf::faf::faf:

A club insider said: "He is walking a bit like John Wayne at the moment.

"He was struggling to move without pain, let alone run. But he is very embarrassed about this coming out."

Ernie Cobra
24-07-2010, 04:29 PM
i can remember danny mcgrain missing a game againt us because he stood on an electric plug.....cant remember the year though, but it always stood in my mind...shocking but i think they had ample cover and could afford to leave him at ohm!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Deeks foot got mangled after his dug jumped on it last season.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-07-2010, 04:41 PM

What an erse! holding a jug of boiling water while feeding a baby.......

Keith_M
24-07-2010, 04:51 PM
It's a while back but Celtc player Johnny Doyle was actually killed while doing DIY at home. IIRC, he was electrocuted. The reason it sticks in my mind was that their next game was at ER and there was a minute's silence (poorly observed by some).

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 05:00 PM
It's a while back but Celtc player Johnny Doyle was actually killed while doing DIY at home. IIRC, he was electrocuted. The reason it sticks in my mind was that their next game was at ER and there was a minute's silence (poorly observed by some).

Yup, remember it well. He was in his attic, thinking that he had switched the power off. Unfortunately, he had missed one switch.

I also remember some "hilarious" songs at the time which I found, as a callow youth, quite amusing. To my shame now...

machibby
24-07-2010, 05:10 PM
a certain currant bun with egg on his face...beam me up scottie

uproar
24-07-2010, 05:36 PM
i can remember danny mcgrain missing a game againt us because he stood on an electric plug.....cant remember the year though, but it always stood in my mind...shocking but i think they had ample cover and could afford to leave him at ohm!

i remember a good few years back. justin fashanu slipped onto a large plug also. dont think it was the electrical type though.

ChilliEater
25-07-2010, 10:04 AM
When he was at Aberdeen Joe Miller was doing a personal appearance thing at a pub where he had to smash the giant whisky bottle that had been used to collect cash for charity. did some nasty wrist injury I think on the broken glass.

matty_f
25-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I seem to remember Dave Beasant (though I could be mistaken) missing some games having dropped a jar of mayo on his foot...

edit - it was Beasant http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/top-10-dumbest-football-injuries.html

McSwanky
25-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Let's not forget Rio Ferdinand...

Scorrie
25-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Let's not forget Rio Ferdinand...

:agree: He knacked himself reaching for the remote control

--------
25-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I remember reading about a skydiver, bizarrely named Ooter Oslo.

He jumped from 45,000 feet with an oxygen tank and pressure suit, completed the dive perfectly, landed in the right place, then died when his celebrating friends hoisted him onto their shoulders....

.... and dropped him on his head, killing him. :rolleyes:

A strong candidate for a Darwin Award, methinks. :devil:

HibbyAndy
25-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Our own Chris Hogg put his fist threw the front door glass panel chasing a roobber.

matty_f
26-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I remember reading about a skydiver, bizarrely named Ooter Oslo.

He jumped from 45,000 feet with an oxygen tank and pressure suit, completed the dive perfectly, landed in the right place, then died when his celebrating friends hoisted him onto their shoulders....

.... and dropped him on his head, killing him. :rolleyes:

A strong candidate for a Darwin Award, methinks. :devil:

Steve Morrow got injured in a similar way for Arsenal, when Tony Adams lifted him up and dropped him, breaking his arm in the process after they won the League Cup a few years back.

--------
26-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Steve Morrow got injured in a similar way for Arsenal, when Tony Adams lifted him up and dropped him, breaking his arm in the process after they won the League Cup a few years back.

That's right - you cannae be too careful who picks you up in London....

As they say, it's not the fall that does the damage, it's the sudden stop at the end of it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Didn't Kirk Broadfoot scald himself making Uncle Bens' rice? Pierce the bag and then stand in boiling water for three minutes.