JE89
24-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Seen it twice. One of the best films I've seen at the cinema. Brilliant

Marty-Hibee
24-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Epic

Derek Dougan
24-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Gonna watch it tonight after the pub, looking forward to it. Easy to understand after a few?? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Went to see it last night and really enjoyed it. This despite being with a bird who kept telling me every 2 seconds that she didn't get it.

Steve-O
25-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Gonna watch it tonight after the pub, looking forward to it. Easy to understand after a few?? :greengrin

No :greengrin

Went to see it last night and really enjoyed it. This despite being with a bird who kept telling me every 2 seconds that she didn't get it.

Tsk, women eh! They should realise if they shut up and think about it for 5 minutes that they'll have a better chance of understanding! :cool2:

Future17
26-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Should've told her to wait til you get her home. :greengrin

lyonhibs
26-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I'll need to go and see it again to fully grasp it, but it's a brilliant film - visually as well as conceptually.

A mite complex though - 3 "levels" of dreaming, each one where the mind works progressively faster so that time - relative to the "real world" passes exponentially slower the further "in" you go. To steal/implant thoughts, you need to drug up a team of various "experts" (a dream architect - wtf :confused:) and the victim, and try to manipulate the dream environment - set up by your dream architect but "populated" by the target's sub-conscious - such that when the target wakes up, you've either "seen" what you couldn't otherwise have seen, or the idea you need has been planted and germinated such that the target's future behaviour suits your needs.

And if it all goes tits up, you end up in a sort of sub-conscious "soup" where nothing is real and you just sort of wither away and die??

Tell you what, I'd steer well clear of the acid that THOSE scriptwriters were on!!!

Wotherspiniesta
27-07-2010, 12:16 AM
I'll need to go and see it again to fully grasp it, but it's a brilliant film - visually as well as conceptually.

A mite complex though - 3 "levels" of dreaming, each one where the mind works progressively faster so that time - relative to the "real world" passes exponentially slower the further "in" you go. To steal/implant thoughts, you need to drug up a team of various "experts" (a dream architect - wtf :confused:) and the victim, and try to manipulate the dream environment - set up by your dream architect but "populated" by the target's sub-conscious - such that when the target wakes up, you've either "seen" what you couldn't otherwise have seen, or the idea you need has been planted and germinated such that the target's future behaviour suits your needs.

And if it all goes tits up, you end up in a sort of sub-conscious "soup" where nothing is real and you just sort of wither away and die??

Tell you what, I'd steer well clear of the acid that THOSE scriptwriters were on!!!

:top marks

I hope everyone understands it now!

Loved this film! :thumbsup:

SRHibs
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
That was a difficult, difficult film to watch - absolutely awesome though.

So...is he stuck in limbo at the end, or did he actually make it out in to the real world?
Was he in limbo all along?

I think the ending is definitely open to interpretation.

Wembley67
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
I've not seen this myself but loads of folk are saying they dont really know whats happening but its a brilliant film. How can a film be brilliant if you can't follow the story :confused:

SRHibs
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
I've not seen this myself but loads of folk are saying they dont really know whats happening but its a brilliant film. How can a film be brilliant if you can't follow the story :confused:
Not sure. I suppose due to the effects, acting and the action it could still be enjoyed on a superficial level.
I thought it was fantastic, but I'm definitely going to need to watch it again to get a deeper understanding of it.

Steve-O
01-08-2010, 07:30 AM

Easily.

Tyler Durden
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
As Hitchcock said "an audience would rather be confused than bored".

Tbh, the analysis on this thread doesn't even scratch the surface. The bigger question is who has actually been "incepted"? Cobb's first meeting with Eames and the subsequent chase points toward that being a dream. Some people are speculating the whole thing is Cobb's dream.

Who knows, but what a genius film that there are so many interpretations and they're all plausible. Chris Nolan has some imagination.

Wembley67
01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Easily.

As long as there is enough explosions and guns then the average viewer is happy.