PDA

View Full Version : If you keep on stabbing an animal with a sharp stick............

Chuckie
24-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Eventually it will bite you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10750349

Woody1985
24-07-2010, 12:49 PM
'It's no longer the 19th century' - Great quote from a North Korean spokesman.

Yeah, cause oppressing an entire nation to the modern world is really 'out there'.

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2010, 01:44 PM
What does North Korea have that the people in South Korea want? Or is it the other way round?

steakbake
24-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I just don't get North Korea at all. Maybe I'm getting older and should feel sympathetic etc, but y'know, if the people of the eastern bloc managed to bring down their communist governments, then I am very sure, so could they.

Perhaps what is missing is the will of the people to do it... and if that's the case, then they're entitled to the kind of governance they deserve.

(Littlejohn, 2010)

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I just don't get North Korea at all. Maybe I'm getting older and should feel sympathetic etc, but y'know, if the people of the eastern bloc managed to bring down their communist governments, then I am very sure, so could they.

Perhaps what is missing is the will of the people to do it... and if that's the case, then they're entitled to the kind of governance they deserve.

(Littlejohn, 2010)

But then it wasn't really the people. Gorbachev started it all off with perestroika. After that it was down to the domino effect, where people saw their opportunity.

--------
24-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Just so's we understand where Hillary's coming from, there is very strong evidence that the Kursk was sunk by an American SSN, the USS Memphis....

:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 04:43 PM
'It's no longer the 19th century' - Great quote from a North Korean spokesman.

Yeah, cause oppressing an entire nation to the modern world is really 'out there'.

Playing Devil's advocate a bit here, as I don't really have much sympathy for the NK regime. However, there is part of me that loves the idea of countries getting on with things in way that doesn't fit with the "American way". Cuba, Iran, Venezuela.... that kind of "GIRUY" attitude towards the US is almost attractive.

Betty Boop
24-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Just so's we understand where Hillary's coming from, there is very strong evidence that the Kursk was sunk by an American SSN, the USS Memphis....

:rolleyes:

:agree: http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/KURSK/kursk.html?q=KURSK/kursk.html

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 05:19 PM
:agree: http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/KURSK/kursk.html?q=KURSK/kursk.html

I notice there is a Scottish connection there.

So... given that, and our blatant attempt to undermine US foreign policy by freeing Megrahi, ... AND the fact that we have oil......

Are we next on the B52 hit list???

Betty Boop
24-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I notice there is a Scottish connection there.

So... given that, and our blatant attempt to undermine US foreign policy by freeing Megrahi, ... AND the fact that we have oil......

Are we next on the B52 hit list???

Who knows? But if you are interested in the Kursk, this is a decent documentary. IMO of course! :greengrin

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3601018731467852276#

GhostofBolivar
24-07-2010, 07:07 PM

(Littlejohn, 2010)

Not really.

In order to mount a revolution, you need an army. As long as the North Korean government control it's military, there's not a lot the people can do about it.

Chuckie
25-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Tick tick tick

--------
25-07-2010, 11:42 AM

:agree: There's a French documentary, "Kursk - Submarine in Troubled Waters" now available in DVD which reviews the evidence and has film of the salvaged submarine with the nice round hole in its side which is the trademark of a US Mark 48 torpedo strike. It was on the Discovery Channel a few weeks back.

The USPrez at the time was - let me think - good ol' boy Billy Clinton....

I see that Eck's now challenging the US to release all the documents relating to the Lockerbie 'investigation' - we'll show you ours if you show us yours first. I really don't think they'll do that....

Betty Boop
25-07-2010, 12:06 PM
:agree: There's a French documentary, "Kursk - Submarine in Troubled Waters" now available in DVD which reviews the evidence and has film of the salvaged submarine with the nice round hole in its side which is the trademark of a US Mark 48 torpedo strike. It was on the Discovery Channel a few weeks back.

See post 10, now available on Google Video. :greengrin

Green Mikey
25-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Playing Devil's advocate a bit here, as I don't really have much sympathy for the NK regime. However, there is part of me that loves the idea of countries getting on with things in way that doesn't fit with the "American way". Cuba, Iran, Venezuela.... that kind of "GIRUY" attitude towards the US is almost attractive.

I don't think that the Iranian women stoned to death, Cuban exiles or many Venezualan people would agree with you.

--------
25-07-2010, 12:17 PM

See post 10, now available on Google Video. :greengrin

OOPS! Missed that.

Very interesting film, though.