PDA

View Full Version : Bamba said last month he would be offski

Part/Time Supporter
24-07-2010, 11:22 AM
According to a well known Glasgow publication, that is.

SOL BAMBA will not be joining Arles-Avignon after they admitted they can't afford to sign the AWOL Hibs star.

Avignon made the defender a priority target after soaring from French football's fifth tier to the top flight in six seasons.

But their hopes of a cut-price deal were dashed when Lille and Paris Saint-Germain emerged as contenders to sign £1million-rated Bamba.

The player went public on his desire to leave Hibs a month ago in an interview in France but has yet to notify the club of his intentions.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/07/24/french-cracks-avignon-bow-out-of-race-to-sign-sol-bamba-as-psg-wait-in-wings-86908-22436230/

matty_f
24-07-2010, 11:32 AM
According to a well known Glasgow publication, that is.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/07/24/french-cracks-avignon-bow-out-of-race-to-sign-sol-bamba-as-psg-wait-in-wings-86908-22436230/

There's no surprise there, I think he's been quite open about wanting to move onto a bigger club - IIRC he's said as much in interviews here as well.

It's a shame that events have unfolded the way that they have for Bamba and Hibs. I'm pretty sure we were all expecting to lose him this window anyway, and had he gone about things the right way I think he'd have left with the best wishes of the support.

I think it's more than likely now that he'll become something of a hate figure to some because of how the situation's developed.

Woody1985
24-07-2010, 11:49 AM
The good thing from that is that bigger clubs have more cash and it looks like he's definitely going somewhere.

I'd like to have seen the big guy stay if it meant only getting a million but hopefully Stephens (sp) or Hanlon can fill the gap.

Ryan69
24-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Bamba is a fanny!

He should really take into account where he was and how far hes come thanks to the club that hes currently trying to take the piss out of.

Will be delighted to never see this ungrateful ******* in a Hibs shirt again!

Catch ye bawbag :bye:

Ernie Cobra
24-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Without a doubt Bamba's absence for me means he thinks he is bigger than the club, so he can **** right off. However, the moment you start to believe anything you read inthe west coast meedja about any of our players is the day you book yourself into the Andrew Duncan for a nice "comfy" room a cuddle me jacket and a dribbler!!! and thats all i have to say about that, as a famous soldier / fisherman/ping pong playerand runner once said.

Ryan69
24-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Just the fact the club confirmed he hadnt turned up sums it up,though yes im sure the weegie media will be planning on making more of it very soon.

Hibs90
24-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I remember reading this, I think it was L'Equipe or something like that. Nobody believed me cos I couldn't find the link :bye:

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Without a doubt Bamba's absence for me means he thinks he is bigger than the club, so he can **** right off. However, the moment you start to believe anything you read inthe west coast meedja about any of our players is the day you book yourself into the Andrew Duncan for a nice "comfy" room a cuddle me jacket and a dribbler!!! and thats all i have to say about that, as a famous soldier / fisherman/ping pong playerand runner once said.

Never understood that phrase? I dont think for one minute, he or any player think they are bigger than the club. They may think they can play at a higher standard, they may want a transfer and may cause trouble to get that transfer, but really when they do what Bamba has done, and others in the past. All they are doing is looking after No1 they dont care about their present club, only what they can earn at the next one.

monktonharp
24-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Without a doubt Bamba's absence for me means he thinks he is bigger than the club, so he can **** right off. However, the moment you start to believe anything you read inthe west coast meedja about any of our players is the day you book yourself into the Andrew Duncan for a nice "comfy" room a cuddle me jacket and a dribbler!!! and thats all i have to say about that, as a famous soldier / fisherman/ping pong playerand runner once said. not sure if your right, but Ilike the way you are thinking:wink:

Jim44
24-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't think there's the slightest doubt that he is desperate to get away and that he's working his 'two fingers to you all' ticket. In the highly unlikely event that a move doesn't work out for him, I hope he gets a really hard time from the supporters if he has to put up with us till Christmas.

Frazerbob
24-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Bamba obviously thought he wouldn't be back at ER after the African Nations Cup. Remeber hhe stripped off and gave all his gear away up at Aberdeen just before the January window opened. Judging by his performances when he did come back he blatantly didn't want to be here. He was rank the 2nd half of the season.

A real shame it's ending with such a mess!

zosohibee
24-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Good player but taking Hibs for the proverbial ride. :bye: **** him, take the million and buy loyal players

Spudster
24-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I'd like to have seen the big guy stay if it meant only getting a million but hopefully Stephens (sp) or Hanlon can fill the gap.

Given the way Thicot played towards the end of the season I'd like to see him given a chance in there

TornadoHibby
24-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Bamba obviously thought he wouldn't be back at ER after the African Nations Cup. Remeber hhe stripped off and gave all his gear away up at Aberdeen just before the January window opened. Judging by his performances when he did come back he blatantly didn't want to be here. He was rank the 2nd half of the season.

A real shame it's ending with such a mess!

Think that sums up what he's been about since that particular game! :agree:

Very disappointed with the way he has behaved towards Hibs and the fans without whom the club would not exist! :grr:

ski1875
25-07-2010, 03:52 AM
No1 is bigger than this club or jersey . bamba a loved yi but your actions if true ta ta champ

blairwallace
25-07-2010, 03:57 AM
:bye: as long as its more than £2 million plus sell on

deeks01
25-07-2010, 07:01 AM
:bye: as long as its more than £2 million plus sell on

your takin the piss surely?! we'll be lucky to get over the 1 million mark ffs lol

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2010, 06:31 PM
The sooner Bamba goes the better IMO, he is nothing but a disrespectful piece of filth :grr: