PDA

View Full Version : Moroccan trialist

James70
23-07-2010, 11:30 PM
There is a report in our local paper that we were giving a trial spell to a Moroccan student but due to work permit problems we were unable to continue his trial and he is now hoping to sign for Vale of Leithen for the season.

blairwallace
23-07-2010, 11:57 PM
benji, is that you?

hibeeleicester
24-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I heard we had a morrocan trialist, nothing about work permits though.

monktonharp
24-07-2010, 12:50 AM
There is a report in our local paper that we were giving a trial spell to a Moroccan student but due to work permit problems we were unable to continue his trial and he is now hoping to sign for Vale of Leithen for the season.what's the differance then,of signing for HFC,or signing for Vale of Leithen? explain, or are they a tad bigger?:confused:

James70
24-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Only reporting what I read in the local rag which has been known to get things wrong in the past. I am not an expert on immigration law so I don't have a scooby what the difference is between signing for us and signing for the Vale. :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
24-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Only reporting what I read in the local rag which has been known to get things wrong in the past. I am not an expert on immigration law so I don't have a scooby what the difference is between signing for us and signing for the Vale. :rolleyes:

Are you on about the Regulations or the respective standards of the fitba' teams?!

:greengrin

matty_f
24-07-2010, 07:34 AM

IIRC, a player won't get a work permit if it's decided that there is better 'native' talent to fulfil the role. They assess this using stuff like international caps etc, and so while the trialist maybe doesn't meet the criteria for an SPL side, if he's being looked at as a potential signing he almost certainly will.

IIRC, did Dundee Utd not have a player who was refused a work permit (Jason Scotland, I think) who then went on to play for St Johnstone?