PDA

View Full Version : Will Bamba play next Thursday

sam armstrong
23-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Anybody else think we need Bamba to play on Thursday. We need best players playing and despite his behaviour I think he should start.

bingo70
23-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Anybody else think we need Bamba to play on Thursday. We need best players playing and despite his behaviour I think he should start.

I'd rather lose and show faith in the players that are showing the club some respect.

It would send a terrible message to the players that have been working hard since the start of pre-season and could have serious effect on team morale IMO.

I'll be furious if he starts, he won't though so i don't think it's anything to be getting too worried about.

Love the Green
23-07-2010, 07:22 PM
:top marks Fully agree ..nobody should be allowed to take the pish out of the club but most important thing at the moment is that we progress in europe and bring in more revenue from later games , also we do not want to be embarressed going out after just 1 round...

play the best team and deal with his behaviour once the dust has settled and people at the club have calmed down..

"keep the faith"

ionahibby
23-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I think we have seen the last of bamba imho don't get me wrong i rate him as a footballer but we can go without him and a decent fee for him would do me fine!

machibby
23-07-2010, 07:23 PM
No chance can you play a guy who's been away for weeks and turns up days before such an important game, let alone a player who's decided he's more important than the team and club. Stick him with the youth team. That excuse that he had hadn't agreed to come back on the 19th is just incredible.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Get him punted nobody is bigger than the club IMO

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-07-2010, 07:28 PM
No chance can you play a guy who's been away for weeks and turns up days before such an important game, let alone a player who's decided he's more important than the team and club. Stick him with the youth team. That excuse that he had hadn't agreed to come back on the 19th is just incredible.

no thanks, I would rather they have a better role model to be influenced by

KiddA
23-07-2010, 07:34 PM
I'd rather lose and show faith in the players that are showing the club some respect.

It would send a terrible message to the players that have been working hard since the start of pre-season and could have serious effect on team morale IMO.

I'll be furious if he starts, he won't though so i don't think it's anything to be getting too worried about.

:agree: you are spot on. The problem with Bamba now is he thinks he is a big time charlie after being with Ivory Coast in the WC. He can go if you ask me and I hope we get a nice little fee for him. He has shat on the club big time with his antics. :bye:

Pretty Boy
23-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Even if we don't take his no show into account i think the fact he hasn't trained for 2 weeks and hasn't played for over a month means that he should be nowhere near the starting line up.

If he turns up next week, accepts any punishment that is forthcoming, trains well and plays against Carlisle then i think he should possibly be considered for the 2nd leg depending on how the result goes on Thursday.

Ritchie
23-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Yogi has already stated bamba won't be playing in europe next week.

Spike Mandela
23-07-2010, 08:20 PM
If the young guys aren't ready for Europe get Bamba in. Sod what he has allegedly done we need a good run in Europe to boost the finances.

A good performance would boost his fee as well. Either way his Hibs days are numbered anyway.

hibeesjoe
23-07-2010, 09:03 PM
is Bamba on trial with Hull or have i missed something?

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-07-2010, 10:49 PM
i think what he has done is wrong but its a tough one.

If he can play a vital part in getting us into the group stages he SHOULD play.

Who cares what he has done, i would much rather see Hibs playing in the group stages then be dogmatic trying to send 'the right' message to our youth.

I am sure Yogi will not have made his mind up yet, i don't really think it matters what he says in the press!! If he is fit and willing he will play.

Maybe he is a 'big time Charlie', but right now he is a Hibs player and one of our best so he has to play, the players will also feel the same cause they will want the best players playing too.

sixtwo
23-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Having listened to / read bamba's side of the story, i'm not too sure he was taking the piss or being a big time charlie.

I do think that he wants to go and that hibs board would like to cash in on him as he will be worthless this time next year.

I think we'd do better if he played but we will not play him at the boards reaquest as he is more valuable as an un-cup-tied player.

It's a bit of a gamble by the board imo.

bingo70
23-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Having listened to / read bamba's side of the story, i'm not too sure he was taking the piss or being a big time charlie.

I do think that he wants to go and that hibs board would like to cash in on him as he will be worthless this time next year.

I think we'd do better if he played but we will not play him at the boards reaquest as he is more valuable as an un-cup-tied player.

It's a bit of a gamble by the board imo.

No sure if he's had an interview that ive missed but are you talking about the one where he said he played 57 games for us last season and how he wanted more time off cos he was tired? (so he decided to take it without it being approved or even asked for by his boss?)

ekhibee
24-07-2010, 12:03 AM
i think what he has done is wrong but its a tough one.

If he can play a vital part in getting us into the group stages he SHOULD play.

Who cares what he has done, i would much rather see Hibs playing in the group stages then be dogmatic trying to send 'the right' message to our youth.

I am sure Yogi will not have made his mind up yet, i don't really think it matters what he says in the press!! If he is fit and willing he will play.

Maybe he is a 'big time Charlie', but right now he is a Hibs player and one of our best so he has to play, the players will also feel the same cause they will want the best players playing too.
Sorry Magnum but I just can't agree with you on this one, although I totally understand where you're coming from. At the end of the day, regardless of how we do in the Europa Cup, the club goes on, and IMO it IS important to send the right message to not only the younger players, but some of the more experienced ones as well. In my opinion the bigger picture concerns how we perform in the league, over a season, because we are not going to win the Europa cup, with or without Bamba. I'm not in any way devaluing a European tournament, but he, and very probably his agent, are looking at this tournament as an opportunity to put him in the shop window. By not playing him, for this game anyway, IMO the club are doing nothing wrong, and in the long term it might be quite beneficial to everybody concerned, because if he really wants a move he will hopefully re-evauate the situation and start to put in good performances for the club, consistently,whether it's for the 1st team or under 19's. Derek Riordan was fined for a much lesser offence, one that I personally don't personally agree with, but to me, and it's just my opinion, Bamba shouldn't be playing in this game.

Hibs On Tour
24-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Yogi has already stated bamba won't be playing in europe next week.

And he's 100% right in doing so. Apart from the fact he's been a self-indulgent prima-donna caaannnttt, he's not even trained with the team never mind played any of the warm-up games with the new players he's expected to gel with.

And that's before you get into the damage it would potentially do Yogi's man-management with the other players who have towed the line if Bamba did just stroll up and play in this one.

Oscar Lomax
24-07-2010, 04:03 AM
I think we have seen the last of bamba imho don't get me wrong i rate him as a footballer but we can go without him and a decent fee for him would do me fine!

We have seen the last of Bamba imho, don't get me wrong, I never rated him as a footballer and we can certainly get on without him and any fee would do me fine !
:bye:bye bye baw heed:bye:

cad
24-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Benji all over again ,somebody taking the pee .
Get the cash and move on , that's not to say Yogi canny gie him a dink once the checks cleared likes .:wink:

--------
24-07-2010, 11:18 AM
No sure if he's had an interview that ive missed but are you talking about the one where he said he played 57 games for us last season and how he wanted more time off cos he was tired? (so he decided to take it without it being approved or even asked for by his boss?)

I saw that one. 57 games last season? We didn't play 57 games last season, did we? And Bamba was missing for quite a few of the games we DID play.

I know who I believe in this, and it isn't Bamba. He shouldn't play on Thursday evening - Yogi should take the long-term view here and stick with the guys who've been doing the hard work and playing in the friendlies.