PDA

View Full Version : NHC Malaysia Bans Shirts From Sale.

steviecarnie
23-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Too Far!!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Manchester-United-Malaysia-Bans-Shirts-From-Sale-Saying-They-Are-Un-Islamic-And-Dangerous/Article/201007415669196

Also off-limits are the shirts of teams including Brazil, Portugal, Barcelona and Serbia, all of which carry an image of the Christian crucifix in their team emblems.

DaveF
23-07-2010, 05:51 PM
It does seem utterly bonkers.

What's the next step - banning all spanish club jersey's because spain is a catholic nation, and so you dilute your islamic faith by wearing a Real Madrid shirt?

Religion - The root of all evil it seems......

RoscoHibby
23-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Amen to that brother...

maturehibby
23-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Hearts is a must as it is so "Ugly" as is the majority of its wearers

Sir David Gray
23-07-2010, 08:32 PM
It does seem utterly bonkers.

What's the next step - banning all spanish club jersey's because spain is a catholic nation, and so you dilute your islamic faith by wearing a Real Madrid shirt?

I don't think you'll find too many Christian countries banning the sale of Turkey, Tunisia and Pakistan football tops because they feature the star and crescent Muslim symbol.

It's true that every religion has its followers who take things to extremes but those Muslim fanatics really do take the biscuit.

Crazyhorse
24-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Too Far!!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Manchester-United-Malaysia-Bans-Shirts-From-Sale-Saying-They-Are-Un-Islamic-And-Dangerous/Article/201007415669196

Also off-limits are the shirts of teams including Brazil, Portugal, Barcelona and Serbia, all of which carry an image of the Christian crucifix in their team emblems.

This doesn't look like a legal ban just a fatwa issued by a bunch of nutters. What it indicates is the worrying trend of the fundamentalist element in Islam to feel it can interfere in everything.

Hal Jordan
24-07-2010, 09:05 AM
The Muslim nutjobs are also trying to get flags with Christian symbols/crosses banned - this will affect all the Scandavian countries, British, English, NI, Scottish, Jamaican, Swiss, Australian, New Zealand, Slovakian, Greek, Maltese, etc etc etc

FFS.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't think you'll find too many Christian countries banning the sale of Turkey, Tunisia and Pakistan football tops because they feature the star and crescent Muslim symbol.

It's true that every religion has its followers who take things to extremes but those Muslim fanatics really do take the biscuit.

.... not unlike the company from 50 miles away who, up until 20 years ago, put a ban on Catholics working for them.

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2010, 10:00 AM
the comments are quite funny!!

Posted by: Mr Badger on July 22, 2010 9:24 PM

"Maybe Man Utd should bring out a special edition shirt with the red devil replaced by a picture of the prophet Mohammed.
Intolerent bafoons!!!"

I don't think this guy gets anything about islam then!:greengrin

Bishop Hibee
24-07-2010, 10:37 AM
.... not unlike the company from 50 miles away who, up until 20 years ago, put a ban on Catholics working for them.

:agree: This has been airbrushed from history of course. Any reference to it is usually in jokey fashion as if it was just a bit of banter :bitchy:

As for the extremists who want the shirts banned, plain daft.

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Who the hell do these Malaysians think they are coming over here and telling us what we can and can't do in their own country?

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2010, 10:58 AM
:agree: This has been airbrushed from history of course. Any reference to it is usually in jokey fashion as if it was just a bit of banter :bitchy:

As for the extremists who want the shirts banned, plain daft.

Of course, organisations with a no Protestants policy are spoken about all the time. For example, how many Catholic high schools have a Protestant head teacher?

It cuts both ways.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 11:10 AM

... as was the other company in the same city that wouldn't allow its greatest ever servant to have a seat on its board. Because he was a Protestant.

Vini1875
24-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Of course, organisations with a no Protestants policy are spoken about all the time. For example, how many Catholic high schools have a Protestant head teacher?

It cuts both ways.

A Catholic instituition with a Protestant head would be stupid in the extreme. Catholic schools allow non-Catholic children to attend and non-Catholic teachers, I think that is far enough.

I know at first glance the ban on football tops seems OTT but maybe they are just trying to protect their culture. Personally I hate the Americanised culture we have in this country. There has to be a line somewhere. Look at Spain, if you go holiday there it's hard to get a plate of paella but no problem to get fish and chips in the Red Lion while watching Only fools and horses.

Phil D. Rolls
24-07-2010, 11:23 AM
A Catholic instituition with a Protestant head would be stupid in the extreme. Catholic schools allow non-Catholic children to attend and non-Catholic teachers, I think that is far enough.

I disagree, discrimination is never fair. Especially when you are expecting Protestant tax payers to contribute towards the funding.

... as was the other company in the same city that wouldn't allow its greatest ever servant to have a seat on its board. Because he was a Protestant.

Apparently it had nothing to do with that at all.

aberhibsfc
24-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Amen to that brother...

Hallelujah, praise the lord!!

What a bunch of Shareen Nanjani's.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Hallelujah, praise the lord!!

What a bunch of Shareen Nanjani's.

Who? The clerics, the posters on here, Rangers, Celtic..?

All of the above?