PDA

View Full Version : Urgent European travel by bus CANCELLED!

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Im very sad to say that the trip to Slovenia has been cancelled due to not having a bus:boo hoo:

Two companies let us down really bad and I have phoned another 17!!!!!!! Its far to short notice for them or the cost is far to high for us.

On behalf of Lee and myself we are very sorry for letting you down and the disappointment you will all be feeling. We are feeling the same and I am more so since I did lots of phoning around the past 2 days.

I hope you can find other ways of getting to the game, and if not maybe we will see you in behind the goals if Hibs do the right and sensible thing and get a beam back.

Sorry again

Nikki and Lee

Lmc2105
23-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Just to add what Nikki was sayin there ... we have tried our hardest since tuesday night to try and get this sorted however the first comapany let us down and then we got another one in place hwoever they informed me this morning they had contracts to fill and had to canecl us.

i do apologise and feel to blame for this but we had no other option

we tried our hardest believe me we tried.

i just wanna say thanks Nikki you have been a star :top marks

Sorry again lee.:boo hoo:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
23-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Just to add what Nikki was sayin there ... we have tried our hardest since tuesday night to try and get this sorted however the first comapany let us down and then we got another one in place hwoever they informed me this morning they had contracts to fill and had to canecl us.

i do apologise and feel to blame for this but we had no other option

we tried our hardest believe me we tried.

i just wanna say thanks Nikki you have been a star :top marks

Sorry again lee.:boo hoo:

no probs guys - good effort :thumbsup:

Future17
23-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Care to name and shame the companies involved who let you down? :stirrer:

legends of 73
23-07-2010, 04:01 PM
give it a bash for the next round mate if it's nearer i think the bus company's didn't fancy a trip that far away.

good effort:thumbsup::thumbsup:

lee can you bell me later

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Care to name and shame the companies involved who let you down? :stirrer:

no we dont, as we dont want to ruin any future business with them

Lmc2105
23-07-2010, 04:13 PM
give it a bash for the next round mate if it's nearer i think the bus company's didn't fancy a trip that far away.

good effort:thumbsup::thumbsup:

lee can you bell me later

no worries mate i shall give you a bell :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
23-07-2010, 04:18 PM
no we dont, as we dont want to ruin any future business with them

Blox to em I say - if they've let you down why on earth would you want to use them again in the future? Its the nature of business - its down to service - they've failed you so the business should go elsewhere next time.

PS - sure everyone on here recognises that you two have been left high and dry by them and the disappointment would be aimed where it should be instead of at you. Good effort as the other poster says.

GGTTH

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Blox to em I say - if they've let you down why on earth would you want to use them again in the future? Its the nature of business - its down to service - they've failed you so the business should go elsewhere next time.

PS - sure everyone on here recognises that you two have been left high and dry by them and the disappointment would be aimed where it should be instead of at you. Good effort as the other poster says.

GGTTH

one company let us down as the bus that they were going to provide had a gear box fault:boo hoo: his other buses were out or not suitable for a long trip

Lmc2105
23-07-2010, 04:22 PM
one company let us down as the bus that they were going to provide had a gear box fault:boo hoo: his other buses were out or not suitable for a long trip

the other company were in the Glasgow Region can't say who though

ronaldo7
23-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Well done for trying guys.

Toaods
23-07-2010, 04:48 PM
at this time of the year there is summer holidays and don't forget driver have to work to time restrictions too....very difficult to arrange at short notice and usually rarely would you receive the proper acknowledgement for the time and effort concerned....:applause:

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 05:17 PM
at this time of the year there is summer holidays and don't forget driver have to work to time restrictions too....very difficult to arrange at short notice and usually rarely would you receive the proper acknowledgement for the time and effort concerned....:applause:

as i have experience of how coach companies run and regulations of drivers hours and rest etc i thought it would help in getting a bus but no such luck:boo hoo:

thanks to other people who helped with contacts and advice:top marks

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Great effort both of you.:top marks:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Great effort both of you.:top marks:thumbsup:

thanks. its good to know some fans appreciate the work it goes into arranging things like this

WeAreHibs
23-07-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm gutted for you guys. I was reading the previous thread with envy that I couldn't go and admiration for the hard work you were putting in to sort it for "the boys".

Well done again !

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Its a real shame that this has not been able to go ahead as it would have been some adventure for you folks. Definitley an A++++++++++ for effort. Are any of you going to go on the charter now? GG:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Its a real shame that this has not been able to go ahead as it would have been some adventure for you folks. Definitley an A++++++++++ for effort. Are any of you going to go on the charter now? GG:thumbsup:

if charter goes back down to £535 i will be on it, i told fiona at ITA when she called me earlier. she also appreciated our efforts on organising a bus etc

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 07:53 PM
if charter goes back down to £535 i will be on it, i told fiona at ITA when she called me earlier. she also appreciated our efforts on organising a bus etc

Would it not be worth booking up at the moment as the more that book the more chance that the price will go down to £535. Worth it for another £65 with possibility of getting some change if enough bookings are made? :thumbsup:

Jack
23-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm trying to set up a MPV, details on the PM board. If you're not a PM PM me :-) and I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Good effort Nikki, well done Lee.
Any ideas what I can do with 109 song sheets?

Pretty Boy
23-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Was a great effort on the part of you boys to even attempt something like this at such short notice.

If we get to the group stages and we have a bit more forewarning of away opponents then it may be worth looking at again. I would love to do a European trip by bus as for me it just seems the traditional way to do it.

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Was a great effort on the part of you boys to even attempt something like this at such short notice.

If we get to the group stages and we have a bit more forewarning of away opponents then it may be worth looking at again. I would love to do a European trip by bus as for me it just seems the traditional way to do it.

last time i checked i wasnt a boy:greengrin

Gala Foxes
23-07-2010, 11:56 PM

lucky escape then - the hard shoulder in France or Holland would have been a bad one

monktonharp
24-07-2010, 01:07 AM
very hard luck for Nikki and Lee after putting in a hellava lot of work in on this .some may s****** in the background,but it was about young Hibbies,wi' not a lot of dosh that just want to see their team .! top marks for the effort,and hope you guys still get there. f/ck knows how i'm gettin' there yet,hopefully on a plane.

Hibs90
24-07-2010, 01:34 AM
very hard luck for Nikki and Lee after putting in a hellava lot of work in on this .some may s****** in the background,but it was about young Hibbies,wi' not a lot of dosh that just want to see their team .! top marks for the effort,and hope you guys still get there. f/ck knows how i'm gettin' there yet,hopefully on a plane.

Jog? :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
24-07-2010, 03:20 AM

Fair do's. Would have thought they should have been looking at getting one in from somewhere else if you'd booked though...

Jack
24-07-2010, 07:38 AM
A few of us who where on the bus are now hiring a MPV. I'm just waiting to have the type of vehicle confirmed.
It might be that it is a couple of seats bigger than originally planned. So it could be we have a couple of spare seats. If anyone wants to fill them PM me AND o'connors strip (Nikki). Pricing will be about the same as the bus.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Bad luck folks. Great effort.

Hopefully you'll get the chance to come to the fore for the next round! :wink: