PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Charter costs

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Just of the phone with ITA. They now have a very limited charter flight going to Maribor (86 seats only).
The flight will leacve Edin at 7am on Wed and return at midnight on Thursday (i.e. straight after the match).
Cost £600 including transfers etc.

They need confirmation/debit/credit card ASAP Please if you are going.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Just of the phone with ITA. They now have a very limited charter flight going to Maribor (86 seats only).
The flight will leacve Edin at 7am on Wed and return at midnight on Thursday (i.e. straight after the match).
Cost £600 including transfers etc.

They need confirmation/debit/credit card ASAP Please if you are going.

GGTTH

Is this a wind up??? Ive already put down £535 to them and i payed for 2 nights so if they are changing the amount of days we are staying and putting the price UP they can ram it! Thats dearer than the original quoted price of £595. Bullocks to that. £600 for one night. Out of order! :grr:

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Is this a wind up??? Ive already put down £535 to them and i payed for 2 nights so if they are changing the amount of days we are staying and putting the price UP they can ram it! Thats dearer than the original quoted price of £595. Bullocks to that. £600 for one night. Out of order! :grr:

Not a wind up. Don't shoot the messenger. Just thought everyone would like to know the latest position. Like you I had given credit/debit card details to them but nothing has been taken from the card yet. They will need to speak to everyone to see whether or not they want to go. If they don't get 86 going then they will not be running a charter.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Not a wind up. Don't shoot the messenger. Just thought everyone would like to know the latest position. Like you I had given credit/debit card details to them but nothing has been taken from the card yet. They will need to speak to everyone to see whether or not they want to go. If they don't get 86 going then they will not be running a charter.

I paid cash mate along with 2 others. We were told we were booked, not getting on at you but to ask for more money now is just unbeliveable after pissing us about for 3days!:grr:

wazoo1875
23-07-2010, 03:55 PM
ITA can go and take a running F*** to themselves , thats them pretty much *****ed my trip up now . Defo will not be going now. :grr:

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I paid cash mate along with 2 others. We were told we were booked, not getting on at you but to ask for more money now is just unbeliveable after pissing us about for 3days!:grr:

I'd give them a call ASAP.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Does the left hand actually know what the right hand is doing???

The lack of information coming out is frightening:grr:

Lmc2105
23-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Does the left hand actually know what the right hand is doing???

The lack of information coming out is frightening:grr:

it would appear not

i hope you guys get the charter but hoepefully at the price agreed

SunshineOnLeith
23-07-2010, 04:05 PM
There's enough people going other ways on here and The Bounce that hopefully anyone disappointed can still find an alternative that suits them. Don't give up on going just yet!

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Ok folks heres the deal. IF and thats IF they get another 86 names then the price will be cheaper as its a bigger plane and the trip will go ahead as planned for the 2days ,but if the dont get another 86 names then its a smaller flight and the price will be dearer and it will be leaving wed am and back after the game. Folks if we get another 86 names then its cheaper so get booked up. All you guys that were going on the bus are any of you going to go on the charter? All this imformation came from a certain well known Hibernian fan and its genuine, not a wind up. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2010, 04:08 PM
4.30 - rise

5.30 - taxi to Edinburgh airport, stand around yawning.

7.00 - flight

10.00 - arrive in Marabor bus to hotel

11.30 - check in hotel

12.00 - out on the town

2.00 am - collapse comtose at hotel

2.00 pm next day - rise

7.00 - game

12.00 - home

sounds very much like a normal league game.

Barney McGrew
23-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Ok folks heres the deal. IF and thats IF they get another 86 names then the price will be cheaper as its a bigger plane and the trip will go ahead as planned for the 2days ,but if the dont get another 86 names then its a smaller flight and the price will be dearer and it will be leaving wed am and back after the game. Folks if we get another 86 names then its cheaper so get booked up.

So they're wanting people to pay £600 for a one day trip in the hope that enough sign up that it will only cost £535 for a two day trip? That'll be shiny bright :bitchy:

If they couldn't get enough at £535, there's no way they'll get enough when the price is £65 more for a day less.

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 04:13 PM
LATEST ON MARIBOR PACKAGE

After exhausting many options including British Airways we have managed to secure an 86 seater charter Executive plane direct to Maribor, however as it is smaller it is more expensive than we have offered. The price for departing am on Wednesday 28th July and returning approx. 12 midnight on 29th July (only time this plane is available) is £600.00 which is considerably more than £535.00.

However if we can fill the original charter over the weekend 180 seats the price will revert to £535.00

We are currently telephoning and e-mailing people who have confirmed and given credit card details and anyone on the waitlist

If you want to go on the cheaper charter and we do not have your details please contact us as soon as possible so that we can reach the target figure of 180 people.

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:16 PM
So they're wanting people to pay £600 for a one day trip in the hope that enough sign up that it will only cost £535 for a two day trip? That'll be shiny bright :bitchy:

If they couldn't get enough at £535, there's no way they'll get enough when the price is £65 more for a day less.

Dont shoot the messenger i just got that 5min ago from the horses mouth.:duck:

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:19 PM
LATEST ON MARIBOR PACKAGE

After exhausting many options including British Airways we have managed to secure an 86 seater charter Executive plane direct to Maribor, however as it is smaller it is more expensive than we have offered. The price for departing am on Wednesday 28th July and returning approx. 12 midnight on 29th July (only time this plane is available) is £600.00 which is considerably more than £535.00.

However if we can fill the original charter over the weekend 180 seats the price will revert to £535.00

We are currently telephoning and e-mailing people who have confirmed and given credit card details and anyone on the waitlist

If you want to go on the cheaper charter and we do not have your details please contact us as soon as possible so that we can reach the target figure of 180 people.

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

See! if we get enough names its back on,many thanks for uploading the email,although im confused as to why i am not receiving any emails as i have put down cash to them :confused:

hibee_nation
23-07-2010, 04:31 PM
ITA desire to make money out of Hibs fans is going to mean fans now missing the game who could have made their own arrangements if this charter was never mentioned. I hope alll get to see the game that want to travel but what an almighty **** up this has turned out to be. In my book Hibs as a club should always organise a charter and give fans the expensive guaranteed chance of following our team in Europe.

cheeky moonkeh
23-07-2010, 04:33 PM
See! if we get enough names its back on,many thanks for uploading the email,although im confused as to why i am not receiving any emails as i have put down cash to them :confused:

i've not recieved any e-mail either, and i booked it for my boyfriend and his 2 mates, so its my e-mail that they have as contact!

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm glad i went through the struggle of booking flights, cars and hotel instead of sitting back and booking a hassle free trip with ITA.:bitchy:

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:44 PM
ITA desire to make money out of Hibs fans is going to mean fans now missing the game who could have made their own arrangements if this charter was never mentioned. I hope alll get to see the game that want to travel but what an almighty **** up this has turned out to be. In my book Hibs as a club should always organise a charter and give fans the expensive guaranteed chance of following our team in Europe.

Actually i was told that ITA will not make any money out of this charter if it goes to £600 they just want to get the fans over,again that was from my source

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:45 PM
i've not recieved any e-mail either, and i booked it for my boyfriend and his 2 mates, so its my e-mail that they have as contact!

Its things like this that get me worried :boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Actually i was told that ITA will not make any money out of this charter if it goes to £600 they just want to get the fans over,again that was from my source

I'd seriously doubt they would do this for nothing, might be wrong, but its not something businesses are renowned for.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I'd seriously doubt they would do this for nothing, might be wrong, but its not something businesses are renowned for.

I think they are now fed up with the constant let downs of people who were committed then pulling out and also the plane leasing companies letting them down aswell, it canny be easy to organise things like this with constant fluctuation of prices from plane leasing companies.

Antifa Hibs
23-07-2010, 04:51 PM
ITA seem to be trying their best to make a mess of this.

A quick google search shows anyone with enough cash can charter a 189 seater plane from EDINBURGH to LJUBLJANA and back for £47544. Say you leave 4 seats for staff/emergencies, that gives you 185 seats which works out at £256 per seat. Add £40 on top of this for hotels (£20 a night) and say £30 a head for transfers (LJUBLJANA to MARIBOR and back) works out at £326 per head. Now of course no-one is expecting ITA to do this out the kindness of their hearts, so lets round it upto £380, this means £54 profit per head, times that £54 by 185 people and you have a tidy £10k profit. No bad at all for effectively 2 days work :cool2:
Now thats the figure any old dafty could get such as myself. I'd imagine an experienced travel agent would be able to get bigger discounts on everything.

They thought they saw on easy opportunity to make some easy profit and its backfired big time on them.

Feel sorry for the guys who are stuck now. My mates in the same boat, doesn't know what to do! :bitchy:

Hibby D
23-07-2010, 04:52 PM

I would doubt your sources information! ITA are not philanthropists!!

Jeezo I thought £535 was too expensive but £600??

By the way not getting at you :no way:

ronaldo7
23-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm glad i went through the struggle of booking flights, cars and hotel instead of sitting back and booking a hassle free trip with ITA.:bitchy:

Ahem what car did you book, and you've not got your ticket yet:greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 04:55 PM

A quick google search shows anyone with enough cash can charter a 189 seater plane from EDINBURGH to LJUBLJANA and back for £47544. Say you leave 4 seats for staff/emergencies, that gives you 185 seats which works out at £256 per seat. Add £40 on top of this for hotels (£20 a night) and say £30 a head for transfers (LJUBLJANA to MARIBOR and back) works out at £326 per head. Now of course no-one is expecting ITA to do this out the kindness of their hearts, so lets round it upto £380, this means £54 profit per head, times that £54 by 185 people and you have a tidy £10k profit. No bad at all for effectively 2 days work :cool2:
Now thats the figure any old dafty could get such as myself. I'd imagine an experienced travel agent would be able to get bigger discounts on everything.

They thought they saw on easy opportunity to make some easy profit and its backfired big time on them.

Feel sorry for the guys who are stuck now. My mates in the same boat, doesn't know what to do! :bitchy:

Does that include paying for fuel, plane crews wages airport landing fees/taxes and paying for flight paths?? Add all that on aswell.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 04:57 PM
I think they are now fed up with the constant let downs of people who were committed then pulling out and also the plane leasing companies letting them down aswell, it canny be easy to organise things like this with constant fluctuation of prices from plane leasing companies.

I dont know anything about hiring a plane, but if i the majority of us can get there and back for under £300, £600 was alway going to put the majority of folk off. Again i have never hired a plane, but i seriously doubt the price they have quoted, and understand why its not sold many seats, and other options were taken.

Gorebridge Hibb

People need to be realistic about what is achievable at short notice. The "original" 2 nite trip would probably have left later on Wednesday and arrived back about early afternoon on Friday so in effect you are not losing much time in maribor and wi have less opportunity to spend so you should be no worse off over the whole 2 days. trying to do this independently was only working out cheaper if you took the risk and booked early in the week or last week when rYANAIR, EASYJET ETC WERE ABLE TO OFFER RELATIVELY CHEAP PRICES.

HibbyDave

Tell him/her to book the ITA trip at £600 it's £65 quid more than the original figure but the more that book the more likely we are to actually go to the match. Also He?she will have less of a hangover as they will be coming back right after the match....Seemples

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Ahem what car did you book, and you've not got your ticket yet:greengrin

Well phoned up for prices. :wink:

Antifa Hibs
23-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Does that include paying for fuel, plane crews wages airport landing fees/taxes and paying for flight paths?? Add all that on aswell.

Doesn't say.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 05:01 PM
[/B]

Tell him/her to book the ITA trip at £600 it's £65 quid more than the original figure but the more that book the more likely we are to actually go to the match. Also He?she will have less of a hangover as they will be coming back right after the match....Seemples

Aye but if they get the 86 names needed then it £535 happy days ......erm sort of:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
23-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Aye but if they get the 86 names needed then it £535 happy days ......erm sort of:thumbsup:

Alternatively you could go onto the easyjet site where they still have flights from Manchester to Munich for £175 out Wednesday at 18:00 and drive to Maribor with a hired car at £130 (split 4 ways) and be back in Auld reekie for early doors Saturday morning.

Accomodation costs are rising as I type, but I'm sure you could get a couple of nights for £120

All in price of £400 and that's NOW

Antifa Hibs
23-07-2010, 05:08 PM
[/B]

Think he's planning a euro adventure. Flying to anywhere within 1000KM of Maribor to the cheapest place then getting this InterRail pass which entitles you to 10 days unlimited rail travel in over 30 countries. Reckons flights, rail pass and around 8 nights accomodation will cost him less than the £600 ITA job.... Fair play to him, always wanted to do that myself...

scoopyboy
23-07-2010, 06:06 PM

When you flag down a taxi you hire the cab, the taxi drivers wages comes out the fare.

When we book Eve's coaches to take us to Hibs matches we pay the price, the drivers wage comes out of that price.

Surely when you hire a charter flight the fuel, crew wages etc comes out of that hire price.

I think your defence of ITA is a bit ott with that post.

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Alternatively you could go onto the easyjet site where they still have flights from Manchester to Munich for £175 out Wednesday at 18:00 and drive to Maribor with a hired car at £130 (split 4 ways) and be back in Auld reekie for early doors Saturday morning.

Accomodation costs are rising as I type, but I'm sure you could get a couple of nights for £120

Hi Ronaldo, have you costed out travel to/fromManchester, From Munich to Maribor, hotel accom etc?
Can you PM me details of flights /hotels etc as I'm a solo traveller on this occasion (son working) and want to investigate all options. I have booked ITA but still relying on them confirming 86 flyers.
Cheers

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 06:25 PM
When you flag down a taxi you hire the cab, the taxi drivers wages comes out the fare.

When we book Eve's coaches to take us to Hibs matches we pay the price, the drivers wage comes out of that price.

Surely when you hire a charter flight the fuel, crew wages etc comes out of that hire price.

I think your defence of ITA is a bit ott with that post.

Ive never hired a plane so i dont know if all these are included, im not sure they are because when we went to Ukraine with ITA on the day trip we were delayed approximately 2 1/2 hours because a dispute broke out between ITA and the flight operator over who was paying for the fuel for the aircraft. Thats why i made those points. Just asking.

Gorebridge Hibb
23-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Ive never hired a plane so i dont know if all these are included, im not sure they are because when we went to Ukraine with ITA on the day trip we were delayed approximately 2 1/2 hours because a dispute broke out between ITA and the flight operator over who was paying for the fuel for the aircraft. Thats why i made those points. Just asking.

The Dnipro day trip was organised by Hibs not ITA. I was on the day trip and it was definitely Hibs that ran it.

The ITA trips were for several nights from memory. one day in Dnipro was enough to be honest.

Gordon Quinn
23-07-2010, 06:41 PM
As we have no real way of tracking the numbers of people booking up this weekend. Could people please add to this thread if they know of anyone who is booking so we can gauge if the magic number of 86 will be achieved. If someone could also track 'the bounce' and add here that would be great.
Cheers

wazoo1875
23-07-2010, 06:51 PM
As we have no real way of tracking the numbers of people booking up this weekend. Could people please add to this thread if they know of anyone who is booking so we can gauge if the magic number of 86 will be achieved. If someone could also track 'the bounce' and add here that would be great.
Cheers

Just spoke to Isabel Thomas ten minutes ago. There are 40 confirmed at the new price . There were 90 earlier on for the 2 night one . If she can get those folks back on board and another 10 it'll be back to the original cost for the original 2 night trip.

C'mon guys lets get the plane off the ground:greengrin

Me plus one other confirmed

hawkhill harp
23-07-2010, 06:59 PM
3 of us confirmed

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I've booked.

So ITA had 350 original notes of interest but apparently now only 40 confirmed going?

Gorebridge Hibb
23-07-2010, 07:02 PM
3 of us confirmed

Me and my dad.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Me and my dad.

3 of us confirmed on the ITA venture :thumbsup: :greengrin :bye:

Gee7062
23-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Just spoke to Isabel Thomas ten minutes ago. There are 40 confirmed at the new price . There were 90 earlier on for the 2 night one . If she can get those folks back on board and another 10 it'll be back to the original cost for the original 2 night trip.

C'mon guys lets get the plane off the ground:greengrin

Me plus one other confirmed

Maths was never my strong point, I thought they needed 180 people to get back to original price of £535.00 not 140 ?

SunshineOnLeith
23-07-2010, 07:55 PM

Exactly right. If they'd come in anywhere around £400 it would've been snapped up and they'd have made a reasonable profit. Due to their pitching the price far too high people have booked up their own alternatives for significantly cheaper and they're now left struggling to get enough folk on board to reach break even point.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Just received this email from ITA when i enquired about what was going with the charter. Looks like its on either way. A 2day with sufficiant numbers or a 1dayer on a smaller plane:thumbsup:

The only thing I can tell you is that we cannot fill the original charter as sufficient numbers did not book. We are still short of 90 perople for his flight. If by Monday we get these numbers the package will go ahead. We have another offer for a smaller plane but this pushes the price up. It only has 86 seats - so the fans have a choice. The cost of the small plane trip is £600.00 which would leave on the Wednesday at 7am stay over night Wednesday and all day Thursday and return back to Edinburgh after the match. Unfortunately the plane has another booking for the Friday

Badge
23-07-2010, 08:22 PM
The Dnipro day trip was organised by Hibs not ITA. I was on the day trip and it was definitely Hibs that ran it.

The ITA trips were for several nights from memory. one day in Dnipro was enough to be honest.

Pash. The ITA Dnipro trip was brilliant. If you were on the day trip you missed out.

DC_Hibs
23-07-2010, 09:18 PM
maybe an option for those not yet booked.

available (for now) on expedia.co.uk

Roundtrip: £230.40

13:45 Depart Manchester (MAN)
Arrive Ljubljana (LJU) 22:10 Wed 28-Jul
Duration: 7hr 25mn Swiss International Air Lines 395 / 4246
Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

07:45 Depart Ljubljana (LJU)
Arrive Manchester (MAN) 13:05 Fri 30-Jul
Duration: 6hr 20mn Swiss International Air Lines 4245 / 394
Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

if you want longer in your bed then pay another 100quid.

or to stay a day longer

Roundtrip: £244.10

Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

13:45 Depart Ljubljana (LJU)
Arrive Manchester (MAN) 15:15 Sat 31-Jul
Duration: 2hr 30mn Adria Airways 464
Direct flight

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 09:22 PM
maybe an option for those not yet booked.

available (for now) on expedia.co.uk

Roundtrip: £230.40

Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

07:45 Depart Ljubljana (LJU)
Arrive Manchester (MAN) 13:05 Fri 30-Jul
Duration: 6hr 20mn Swiss International Air Lines 4245 / 394
Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

if you want longer in your bed then pay another 100quid.

or to stay a day longer

Roundtrip: £244.10

Connect in Zurich (ZRH)

13:45 Depart Ljubljana (LJU)
Arrive Manchester (MAN) 15:15 Sat 31-Jul
Duration: 2hr 30mn Adria Airways 464
Direct flight

Ok how are you getting to maribor and back? Does that include hotels and food?

DC_Hibs
23-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok how are you getting to maribor and back? Does that include hotels and food?

train to Munich then a hire car.

Hotels - no.
Food, yes on the plane.

Are you half baked?

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Hotels - no.
Food, yes on the plane.

Are you half baked?

No i was up at 0430 for work this morning so im away to my scratcher :zzzzz!:

Bostonhibby
23-07-2010, 09:32 PM

Cannae make this trip but know a guy that has had to go to Slovenia several times on work and leisure and heres what he recommends, http://www.maribor-slovenia-travel-guide.com/air-travel.html may only be good from England, but Austria doesnt seem that far away from Maribor by car if a cheap flight can be found, mind you Ryanair are probably cranking the price up as we type.

H18sry
23-07-2010, 09:43 PM
has anybody thought about flying Newcastle to Milan? http://quicktrip.brusselsairlines.co...6-EC51291591D4 then Milan to maribor then its 600km to Maribor, just a suggestion 220 return
or Prestwick Milan http://www.bookryanair.com/skysales/FRSelect.aspx 250 return

Or Edinburgh Zadar http://www.bookryanair.com/skysales/FRSelect.aspx 205 return, then hiring cars or catch a train
A lot less driving needed doing it these ways

I'm_cabbaged
23-07-2010, 09:48 PM

Hotels - no.
Food, yes on the plane.

Are you half baked?

Maribor is only 127km's away from Ljubljana, why would you want to go to Munich? or am I missing something?

.Sean.
23-07-2010, 10:05 PM
What is ITA?

Cannae afford the trip likes, just being nosy ken!! :greengrin

ronaldo7
23-07-2010, 10:08 PM
And it only costs at the most 14 Euros

http://www.maribor-slovenia-travel-guide.com/train-timetables-ljubljana.html

Sorry,

Should have linked it to your post Mr Cabbage

Jamie
23-07-2010, 10:47 PM
What is ITA?

new club band :greengrin

http://www.ita-web.org/

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 11:43 PM

I'm not sure that is correct. I think a lot showed interest, but at that price quickly dissapeared to make their own arrangements.

Gala Foxes
23-07-2010, 11:49 PM
it is amazing me that lots of people, like myself, who are probably masters of their own trade, having done it for years, no doubt, are suddenly experts in (1) leasing planes (2) booking group parties in hotels (3) guessing which team would win out of videoton & maribor

No doubt in the near future there will be a mass of fellow Hi-bees opening travel agencies in Edinburgh - because apparently there is a quick buck to be made, I look forward to travelling with you at £75 a head, no profit for you because after all why should any business make money / profit over costs/overheads

In the interim, why not trust proven operators ?

I have been with ITA before - it does what it says on the tin - gets you there, hassle free & gets you back

Hibbyradge
24-07-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm not sure that is correct. I think a lot showed interest, but at that price quickly dissapeared to make their own arrangements.

I would have booked and paid the £535, if they had told me the possible timings as I wasn't prepared to travel overnight.

Shortly after the game was over, they announced it was a morning flight, but by that time, I'd booked up independently, saving myself £215 compared to the current £600 ITA plan.

Direct easyjet to Munich from Edinbutrgh - £250
Accommodation £75 (Cheaper available)
Car hire and petrol approx £60 (6 folk in 2 cars. Cheaper if you have 4 in one car)

Total £385

It's cheaper to fly from Manchester, but there's 4 hours driving at each end not to mention parking charges and fuel so I'm happy with my deal.

(Add in bevvy money - Total £390 :wink:)

Gordon Quinn
24-07-2010, 08:14 AM
It seems there may be some people who are not booking with ITA for fear of ending up on a one night trip costing £600.
Just to make it clear you CAN book with ITA for the original offer of £535 for two nights (Wed-Fri) without commiting to the £600 option.

I mailed Isabel Thomas from ITA stating that I am happy to go on the two night trip but not prepared to pay £600 for one night. The response was as below.

Thanks for your reply. We will keep your name on the £535 list if it was going ahead

Regards
Isabel

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

So...If you want to go on the 2 night charter. Please contact ITA and advise them you are in for the oriiginal offer but not for the £600 trip. This could make all the difference in getting this off the ground. C'mon lets get this plane filled!

Hibbyradge
24-07-2010, 08:23 AM
It seems there may be some people who are not booking with ITA for fear of ending up on a one night trip costing £600.
Just to make it clear you CAN book with ITA for the original offer of £535 for two nights (Wed-Fri) without commiting to the £600 option.

I mailed Isabel Thomas from ITA stating that I am happy to go on the two night trip but not prepared to pay £600 for one night. The response was as below.

Thanks for your reply. We will keep your name on the £535 list if it was going ahead

Regards
Isabel

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

So...If you want to go on the 2 night charter. Please contact ITA and advise them you are in for the oriiginal offer but not for the £600 trip. This could make all the difference in getting this off the ground. C'mon lets get this plane filled!

It might be worth highlighting this in a thread of it's own. I'll do it.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2010, 09:16 AM
It might be worth highlighting this in a thread of it's own. I'll do it.

Come on folks this is your chance, if you want to save travelling time, ITA still taking names

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I would have booked and paid the £535, if they had told me the possible timings as I wasn't prepared to travel overnight.

Shortly after the game was over, they announced it was a morning flight, but by that time, I'd booked up independently, saving myself £215 compared to the current £600 ITA plan.

Direct easyjet to Munich from Edinbutrgh - £250
Accommodation £75 (Cheaper available)
Car hire and petrol approx £60 (6 folk in 2 cars. Cheaper if you have 4 in one car)

Total £385

It's cheaper to fly from Manchester, but there's 4 hours driving at each end not to mention parking charges and fuel so I'm happy with my deal.

(Add in bevvy money - Total £390 :wink:)

Way way too expensive dave.

Easyjet manchester - munich £150
Car hire and petrol £60
Digs £60
Total £270

The charter was never value for me. I have the 4 hour car journey in europe rather than blackpool to edinburgh, and saved up to £330.

Kojock
24-07-2010, 10:09 AM
it is amazing me that lots of people, like myself, who are probably masters of their own trade, having done it for years, no doubt, are suddenly experts in (1) leasing planes (2) booking group parties in hotels (3) guessing which team would win out of videoton & maribor

No doubt in the near future there will be a mass of fellow Hi-bees opening travel agencies in Edinburgh - because apparently there is a quick buck to be made, I look forward to travelling with you at £75 a head, no profit for you because after all why should any business make money / profit over costs/overheads

I have been with ITA before - it does what it says on the tin - gets you there, hassle free & gets you back

I bet that when you watch Hibs you pass comment / opinion on what the team line up should be, what formation we should play, who should be subbed and who should be brought on. When you make these passing comments do you consider that you have no coaching experience and that Yogi and Chipper are both fully qualified proffessional coaches and as they are the experts what they say goes.

If what you are seeing is not to your liking you wont be long in offering your opinion about things.

Same applies to ITA they have made a monumental cock up with this one. If they had given us a ball park figure of £535 - £595 I would not have registered. They are the experts they allegedly know what they are doing so could easily have come up with estimated costs. Would you employ a tradesman without getting an estimate first. The lack of information coming form ITA must be very frustrating to say the least. All they had to do was release a daily statement informing people what the latest position was instead of people trying to guess take off times etc.

As soon as they came up with the £595 I like 350 others said they were out and either decided not to go or make other arrangements. Many are aware of how much it costs to fly nowadays and what they can get travel / accomodation wise for £600.

My own personal opinion on this one is that because of the lateness of the arrangements and the amount of initial interest ITA thought they could easily fill one plane even at the extortionate initial price thereby making a killing, however it has back fired on them and now they are grovelling around trying to get themselves out a hole.

I have booked a week in Slovenia in October, flights from Edinburgh to Graz via London cost me less than £95.

CropleyWasGod
24-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Maybe it's me being experienced in my own trade, but for £600 a head I thought it prudent to carry out my own due diligence on the company itself. The information available in the public domain doesn't make good reading, and would not entice me to share any of my cash.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I bet that when you watch Hibs you pass comment / opinion on what the team line up should be, what formation we should play, who should be subbed and who should be brought on. When you make these passing comments do you consider that you have no coaching experience and that Yogi and Chipper are both fully qualified proffessional coaches and as they are the experts what they say goes.

If what you are seeing is not to your liking you wont be long in offering your opinion about things.

Same applies to ITA they have made a monumental cock up with this one. If they had given us a ball park figure of £535 - £595 I would not have registered. They are the experts they allegedly know what they are doing so could easily have come up with estimated costs. Would you employ a tradesman without getting an estimate first. The lack of information coming form ITA must be very frustrating to say the least. All they had to do was release a daily statement informing people what the latest position was instead of people trying to guess take off times etc.

As soon as they came up with the £595 I like 350 others said they were out and either decided not to go or make other arrangements. Many are aware of how much it costs to fly nowadays and what they can get travel / accomodation wise for £600.

My own personal opinion on this one is that because of the lateness of the arrangements and the amount of initial interest ITA thought they could easily fill one plane even at the extortionate initial price thereby making a killing, however it has back fired on them and now they are grovelling around trying to get themselves out a hole.

I have booked a week in Slovenia in October, flights from Edinburgh to Graz via London cost me less than £95.

:agree::top marks Nail hit firmly on head, imho of course.

Geo_1875
24-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I think it's dreadful the way ITA held a gun to peoples heads and forced them to sign up to travel and make them pay a ridiculous price for the privilege!!!If you want to go, and can afford to, then go. If it's too expensive, or the travel arrangements are inconvenient, then don't. I don't see the need to badmouth the company for trying to provide a service.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I think it's dreadful the way ITA held a gun to peoples heads and forced them to sign up to travel and make them pay a ridiculous price for the privilege!!!If you want to go, and can afford to, then go. If it's too expensive, or the travel arrangements are inconvenient, then don't. I don't see the need to badmouth the company for trying to provide a service.

Pish from start to finish. Nobody is saying they held a gun to our heads. Most are saying they registered, found out the price, then booked it off their own back for half the price. Now they say they are waiting for phone calls from folk who registered, the silence should be telling them something.:confused:

Gorebridge Hibb
24-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Pish from start to finish. Nobody is saying they held a gun to our heads. Most are saying they registered, found out the price, then booked it off their own back for half the price. Now they say they are waiting for phone calls from folk who registered, the silence should be telling them something.:confused:

People should still have the decency to phone or e mail ITA to say they are no longer interested. I'm sure bus convenors etc from Supporters Clubs know the feeling!!!

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 11:04 AM
People should still have the decency to phone or e mail ITA to say they are no longer interested. I'm sure bus convenors etc from Supporters Clubs know the feeling!!!

When i owned a hotel, i had thousands of phone calls enquiring about the price, if i waited for all of them to call back after they had found other arrangements, i'd never have been off the phone.

Kojock
24-07-2010, 11:10 AM

ITA should have the decency to keep people informed about what is happening, works both ways mate.

Gala Foxes
24-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Hot shot thanks for the personal profile - sorry - not me, don't profess to being a coach, never done it any any level and was a dire left back in my brief football career, I just buy the season and watch the play

I have got some experience of financing businesses and overviewing business plans so do have experience in how you do cashflows and work out break even points when pricing your products / sales - all I would say is ITA had a tricky job with a lot of variables totally outwith their control - in the current economic climate airlines and hotels will be really cautious about committing to large number bookings without hard cash /bonds up front

I think ITA are genuine people who are trying to make the best of a tricky job - at the end of the day we all have the freedom of choice & opinion

Gorebridge Hibb
24-07-2010, 11:23 AM
ITA should have the decency to keep people informed about what is happening, works both ways mate.

They need at least 86 for the early morning departure Wednesday returning early hours on Friday. If they get more than 86, dont know the exact figure, they can go back to the original offer of 2 nights for £535. I've just tried looking at alternatives and there is nothing that will suit.

Kojock
24-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I think ITA are genuine people who are trying to make the best of a tricky job - at the end of the day we all have the freedom of choice & opinion

I think ITA have made a complete erchy of things, surely they could have provided an initial estimate of costs, that would have solved the problem as people who were prepsred to pay that would have registered and the other 350 would have made the decision there and then not to register.

Were four days from departure and still people have no idea whats happening. Poor show in my opinion.

Kojock
24-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Thats the problem GH you had to contact them, they should be keeping the customer informed not vice versa.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thats the problem GH you had to contact them, they should be keeping the customer informed not vice versa.
:agree:
And as you said earlier, we still have no idea of leaving times, for either the 1 or 2 day trips, and there's only 4 days to departure. This whole thing has been shoddy work from the off.

HibbyDave
24-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I understand from ITA (this morning) that they intend releasing info around 5pm on whether or not they will be going.

I was also told by them that they are currently c£10K out of pocket on holding fees etc for charters.

Don't know if this amount is refundable or not but it's a big hit if they don't get the numbers to go. I think if this was the case they would be better subsidising the costs than losing their deposit?

Gala Foxes
24-07-2010, 04:05 PM
just had a mail from ITA - both charters cancelled due to lack of numbers - gutted

hawkhill harp
24-07-2010, 04:17 PM
absolutely gutted,just had isabel thomas on the phone,she said she had 55 names for the 600 pound flight and that press people were also interested in going,she said it had been looking good but 10 people cancelled this afternoon and that was that im afraid

wazoo1875
24-07-2010, 04:18 PM
just had a mail from ITA - both charters cancelled due to lack of numbers - gutted

I've posted a new thread about travelling from manchester . I was on the charter too but am now sorted with a pretty cheap and relatively painless excursion now.
There are only a couple of seats left on the flight tho.
Hope you still make it over mate:agree:

Gala Foxes
24-07-2010, 04:19 PM
I've posted a new thread about travelling from manchester . I was on the charter too but am now sorted with a pretty cheap and relatively painless excursion now.
There are only a couple of seats left on the flight tho.
Hope you still make it over mate:agree:

cheers - who are you flying with?

HibbyDave
24-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Just booked Manchester to LJlubljiana Wed 13.45 arrive 22.10.
Hire car arranged
Hotel Piramida Maribor
REturn Frid 07.45 arrive Manchaester 13.20
Total Cost £409

Ps I'm driving to Manchester if anyone wants to share costs rather than pay train etc

wazoo1875
24-07-2010, 05:29 PM
cheers - who are you flying with?
Swiss Air mate . It was the best deal we could find.
HibbyDave is driving down to get the same flight so it might be worth giving him a shout, he's looking for someone to share the costs:agree:

CentreLine
24-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I think ITA have made a complete erchy of things, surely they could have provided an initial estimate of costs, that would have solved the problem as people who were prepsred to pay that would have registered and the other 350 would have made the decision there and then not to register.

Were four days from departure and still people have no idea whats happening. Poor show in my opinion.

Perhaps you do not know the people at ITA who are totally committed Hibs people and have been for many more years than most who contribute to this site, myself included.

I am gutted for them to see some of the ill informed and uncalled for personal comments made here. Let's just ask ourselves exactly what they made an "erchy of"? They were led to believe that a number of Hibs fans wanted to go to support the team in an unspecified eastern European country and were in a position to make that happen. They could not make fixed plans until the venue was known. They tried to establish if there was sufficient commitment from fans to justify a charter. On the basis of stated interest they put together a charter and provided a figure that clearly did not appeal to the majority of people. All that was required was, what many people did, to simply say they could not go at that cost. End of.....

If you have any doubts about how hard how expensive it is to organise a charter flight with hotels and transfers at short notice just look at the trouble Motherwell football club had for their team.

So how about backing off here guys? :notworthy:

Swags
24-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Just booked Manchester to LJlubljiana Wed 13.45 arrive 22.10.
Hire car arranged
Hotel Piramida Maribor
REturn Frid 07.45 arrive Manchaester 13.20
Total Cost £409

Ps I'm driving to Manchester if anyone wants to share costs rather than pay train etc

Have sent you a PM, could well take you up on your offer

scoopyboy
24-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Perhaps you do not know the people at ITA who are totally committed Hibs people and have been for many more years than most who contribute to this site, myself included.

I am gutted for them to see some of the ill informed and uncalled for personal comments made here. Let's just ask ourselves exactly what they made an "erchy of"? They were led to believe that a number of Hibs fans wanted to go to support the team in an unspecified eastern European country and were in a position to make that happen. They could not make fixed plans until the venue was known. They tried to establish if there was sufficient commitment from fans to justify a charter. On the basis of stated interest they put together a charter and provided a figure that clearly did not appeal to the majority of people. All that was required was, what many people did, to simply say they could not go at that cost. End of.....

If you have any doubts about how hard how expensive it is to organise a charter flight with hotels and transfers at short notice just look at the trouble Motherwell football club had for their team.

So how about backing off here guys? :notworthy:

You have structured your defence of ITA well in your post but I feel that ITA have brought a lot of it on themselves.

I am not going to get involved in ripping people off etc but they have left a lot to be desired.

As far as I am aware they have not once printed departure times, return times etc.

They were asking people to put substantial amounts of money up front but couldn't give punters info of what they were buying.

After Maribor qualified surely an e-mail could have been sent out giving take off and landing times for both outward and return flights. Several people needed to know if they could attend work for part of Wednesday or what time they would be back on Friday as they had weddings or other functions to attend.

Would you ever consider sending a garage £5000 on the condition they would manage to get you a car?

Not doubting they are good Hibbies but this whole thing has turned into a farce.

Gala Foxes
24-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Swiss Air mate . It was the best deal we could find.
HibbyDave is driving down to get the same flight so it might be worth giving him a shout, he's looking for someone to share the costs:agree:

cheers - Edin-Munich then car to Maribor

See you there

Baldy Foghorn
25-07-2010, 05:53 AM
My take on ITA situation.....

Poorly handled from start to finish, pay deposits with no itineray, change of schedule at least 3 times, various discussions with ITA who were adamant the flight was 100% to take off, then last night boom, charter pulled.......

Badly run, but obviously people who were only half committed to the trip did not help ITA who needed definite numbers........

Alternative travel plans have been made accordingly..... Up the Hibs.....

banchoryhibs
25-07-2010, 08:04 AM
My take on ITA situation.....

Poorly handled from start to finish, pay deposits with no itineray, change of schedule at least 3 times, various discussions with ITA who were adamant the flight was 100% to take off, then last night boom, charter pulled.......

Badly run, but obviously people who were only half committed to the trip did not help ITA who needed definite numbers........

Alternative travel plans have been made accordingly..... Up the Hibs.....

I'm with CentreLine on this one. ITA had to establish how big the demand was at the outset then try to organise the whole thing at very short notice. It's one thing to receive confirmation from a charter firm that there is a plane available - it's quite another obtaining all of the necessary flight slots.

I know that Isabel and Stuart worked 14 hours a days on this trying to find the best solution possible and when people failed to confirm they had to seek an alternative (smaller) plane. Hence the changes of schedule.

At no time whatsoever were they trying to fleece anyone.

If the final attempt to run the executive jet with 85 people had been successful they would only have broken even at £600 a head. When they received the 10 call offs yesterday they had to pull it as they would have made a loss.

The cost of fuel is just one item that has rocketed over the past few years so such one-off charters are simply not cheap to run.

I'm also unaware of anyone who actually had to pay any money across.

Had there been more time between the announcement of the venue and the game I'm sure that flight times etc could have been published. They did manage that for the exec jet.

When we get through to then next round :pray: ITA will consider a charter if it's needed. With a little more time to organise things it should be easier to publish flight times etc.

In a perfect world communications could be better - hopefully they will next time - but as CentreLine says there have been some comments made on this board that are unjustified and uncalled for.

You can believe me or not but ITA have had the best interests of Hibs supporters at heart and did their very best.

It's magic that so many supporters will be able to get there - it's a shame that there will not be 100 or so more................

franks
25-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Travelled with ITA to Dnipro and they were excellent, couldn't make Maribor but would have had no problem booking with ITA again if I could have made it although it was a bit pricey.

Spender
25-07-2010, 03:44 PM
hope we get through to the next round, and ITA put some prep work in early which hopefully gets a cheaper price for the fans.

blackpoolhibs
25-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Imho as soon as the figure £600 was quoted, they lost the vast majority of those who registered an interest.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm with CentreLine on this one. ITA had to establish how big the demand was at the outset then try to organise the whole thing at very short notice. It's one thing to receive confirmation from a charter firm that there is a plane available - it's quite another obtaining all of the necessary flight slots.

I know that Isabel and Stuart worked 14 hours a days on this trying to find the best solution possible and when people failed to confirm they had to seek an alternative (smaller) plane. Hence the changes of schedule.

At no time whatsoever were they trying to fleece anyone.

If the final attempt to run the executive jet with 85 people had been successful they would only have broken even at £600 a head. When they received the 10 call offs yesterday they had to pull it as they would have made a loss.

The cost of fuel is just one item that has rocketed over the past few years so such one-off charters are simply not cheap to run.

I'm also unaware of anyone who actually had to pay any money across.

Had there been more time between the announcement of the venue and the game I'm sure that flight times etc could have been published. They did manage that for the exec jet.

When we get through to then next round :pray: ITA will consider a charter if it's needed. With a little more time to organise things it should be easier to publish flight times etc.

In a perfect world communications could be better - hopefully they will next time - but as CentreLine says there have been some comments made on this board that are unjustified and uncalled for.

You can believe me or not but ITA have had the best interests of Hibs supporters at heart and did their very best.

It's magic that so many supporters will be able to get there - it's a shame that there will not be 100 or so more................

The lack of communication was frightening, and lies were told over the phone, that 100% guarantees were given that charter would be on......

I know this for a fact, and it was a shambles from start to finish.........

banchoryhibs
26-07-2010, 07:00 PM
The lack of communication was frightening, and lies were told over the phone, that 100% guarantees were given that charter would be on......

I don't know about any lies or 100% guarantees so I'm not going to comment on this - what I do know is that Isabel and Stuart knocked their pans in to try to make it happen but ultimately had to pull the plug because there were not enough people willing to take a place - for whatever reason.

Let's hope that there is another opportunity THIS season for them to try again.

Kojock
26-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Let's just ask ourselves exactly what they made an "erchy of"? :notworthy:

Dont ask me, ask all the people who they let down and now cannot make the game.

Kojock
26-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know about any lies or 100% guarantees so I'm not going to comment on this - what I do know is that Isabel and Stuart knocked their pans in to try to make it happen but ultimately had to pull the plug because there were not enough people willing to take a place - for whatever reason.

350 people will give you six hundred reasons why they were not willing to take a place.

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 07:39 PM

Did you manage to sort out an alternative mate, I hope everyone that was originally on the charter got sorted . I did but it was a pain in the erse.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Did you manage to sort out an alternative mate, I hope everyone that was originally on the charter got sorted . I did but it was a pain in the erse.

yes I sorted something with a few mates

Jack
26-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Reading this as an outsider who only slightly considered this as an option there seems to be many posts too closely related to ITA, in fact so close one might think they represent the company somehow.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 07:55 PM
350 people will give you six hundred reasons why they were not willing to take a place.

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Reading this as an outsider who only slightly considered this as an option there seems to be many posts too closely related to ITA, in fact so close one might think they represent the company somehow.

:hmmm:

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 08:01 PM
yes I sorted something with a few mates

Good stuff :thumbsup:
Hope theres a good crowd over to cheer the boys on

hibeemad
26-07-2010, 08:02 PM

and the reason for this was a great big profit to be had

PaulSmith
26-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Would it be a problem if they did?

CentreLine
26-07-2010, 09:10 PM

Yet more uncalled for inuendo with no substance or reason other than to court controversey.

I have no ties with ITA. But I do know the family and I know how committed they are and how hard they worked to make this happen.

CentreLine
26-07-2010, 09:29 PM
]"I think ITA have made a complete erchy of things", [/B]surely they could have provided an initial estimate of costs, that would have solved the problem as people who were prepsred to pay that would have registered and the other 350 would have made the decision there and then not to register.

Dont ask me, ask all the people who they let down and now cannot make the game.

I cannot avoid asking you since it was your opinion that I quoted. ITA did not prevent anyone from going to the game, they simply offered a means by which a large number of people might have attended. The option appears to have been too expensive for most, myself included. That is all people had to say.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I cannot avoid asking you since it was your opinion that I quoted. ITA did not prevent anyone from going to the game, they simply offered a means by which a large number of people might have attended. The option appears to have been too expensive for most, myself included. That is all people had to say.

Not once did they give an idea on when the flight was leaving, or coming back, but they wanted you to hand over £600 without any details. Not great practise imho.

Jack
26-07-2010, 09:48 PM
PaulSmith 09:03 PM Today
Would it be a problem if they did?
Not for me, IMO perhaps they should have used the boards as a quick way to reach lots of fans. But if they had done that then IMO it would have to be openly them with their own user name.

CentreLine 10:10 PM Today
Yet more uncalled for inuendo with
no substance or reason other than to
court controversey.
I have no ties with ITA. But I do
know the family and I know how
committed they are and how hard
they worked to make this happen.
Its my opinion having read too many ultra defensive posts when things appeared to be going tits up and there was no official information coming from ITA.
I have no doubt they worked hard to make it happen there's no profit if there's no product.
If I wanted to court controversy I'd have been much more forthright with my views of the whole debacle.

ronaldo7
26-07-2010, 09:55 PM

And let's hope the lessons of the last few weeks have been learned. They ran a good trip to Dnipro, can we get back to those standards please.

I'm sure they'll want the opportunity to arrange something if we get through to the next round, if only for the reputation of their company.

Now let's just go over there and enjoy ourselves eh:greengrin

wazoo1875
26-07-2010, 10:28 PM
And let's hope the lessons of the last few weeks have been learned. They ran a good trip to Dnipro, can we get back to those standards please.

I'm sure they'll want the opportunity to arrange something if we get through to the next round, if only for the reputation of their company.

Now let's just go over there and enjoy ourselves eh:greengrin

Here here:agree: