PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Wednesday have been issued with a winding-up order

YehButNoBut
23-07-2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6275574,00.html

The action by HMRC relates to an outstanding PAYE balance of £550,000 and the club have been informed the petition will be heard in the High Court on August 11.

It seems HMRC are getting tougher with football clubs. Who is next I wonder. :greengrin

Ryan69
23-07-2010, 10:26 AM
We should looking at some of the players as wed get them real cheap.

LancashireHibby
23-07-2010, 10:48 AM
These winding up orders seem to be par for the course at the minute, they will be given an injunction until they get the funds together. Of course, there is one club who could have all the injunctions in the world and still not afford it.....

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-07-2010, 10:50 AM
These winding up orders seem to be par for the course at the minute, they will be given an injunction until they get the funds together. Of course, there is one club who could have all the injunctions in the world and still not afford it.....

Just the one :cool2:

LancashireHibby
23-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Just the one :cool2:

Well I think Rangers can get away with it because of the amount of money that they turnover each year. The Yams, however....

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2010, 05:18 PM
"You play in an asbestos-ridden dinky slum festooned in gay pink, you wear a strip the colour of bloodied turd, the few fans you have who aren't paedos are scarf-twirling nancy-boys, you are on the brink of financial collapse, and, worst of all, you didn't really win any world wars."

There.

I've just issued the Yams a winding up order.

BigKev
23-07-2010, 05:24 PM
About time they started getting tough with clubs but why they've issued a winding up order on Wednesday is beyond me.

They've only missed a payment while clubs like Leeds, Palace, Portsmouth and Southampton have diddled them rotten by going into administration (Cheating IMO).

Wednesday will pay up but HMRC are noising up a lot of clubs who do pay their way by acting like this.

Target the ones who've conned you not the ones who are late making one effin payment.

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2010, 05:28 PM
About time they started getting tough with clubs but why they've issued a winding up order on Wednesday is beyond me.

They've only missed a payment while clubs like Leeds, Palace, Portsmouth and Southampton have diddled them rotten by going into administration (Cheating IMO).

Wednesday will pay up but HMRC are noising up a lot of clubs who do pay their way by acting like this.

Target the ones who've conned you not the ones who are late making one effin payment.

Can't see that they have missed "one payment". Half a million is an awful lot of PAYE for one month.

The merit in action like this is that all clubs will be put on notice that they cannot spend silly money on players while diddling the public.

Kaiser1962
23-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Close season and no gate money therefore no income.
I have long held the belief that there is no benefit in clubs (like Falkirk for example) running their business in a prudent fashion when others (Kilmarnock for example) live outwith their means which gives them an unfair advantage. Barr left Falkirk as they couldnt pay him the wage he wanted. We didnt get him cos the Yams offered more cash despite being in hock up to their own eybrows. Dont blame Barr at all. Blame the SFA for not Policing the game more rigorously.

BigKev
23-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Can't see that they have missed "one payment". Half a million is an awful lot of PAYE for one month.

The merit in action like this is that all clubs will be put on notice that they cannot spend silly money on players while diddling the public.

It's one payment which was due in June from what I've been told. They pay them quarterly.

CropleyWasGod
23-07-2010, 09:46 PM
It's one payment which was due in June from what I've been told. They pay them quarterly.

Quarterly payments are for those businesses that pay less than £1,500 per month. They are due in July, October, January and April.

I suspect that SW had agreed a payment plan with HMRC for the payment of arrears, with the condition that any default would result in a winding-up application. I know from experience that once these agreements are breached, HMRC will press the button on further action as soon as possible.