PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Carlisle trip

CallumLaidlaw
23-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Really looking forward to this trip now. Especially since I won't be going to Slovenia. I loved the Bolton trip last year.
Anyone staying the Saturday night?

I think we should all try and head to the same place before the game to get some songs going. Walkabout in botchergate looks a good bet. We're gonna head there for 11.

I take it it will be a fairly 2nd string we put out?

Hibernia Na Eir
23-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Aye, Walkabouts it is for me. Turn on to Botchergate (straight ahead as you leave train station) then turn right (at the Griffin pub on the corner), and its just a min or 2 walk and on the left hand side of the road (you'll see the big 'Party Party bar' and its beside that, lots of seats outside)

Botchergate has Lloyds, Wotherspoons (Woodrow Wilsons) etc etc so you wont be toiling for a watering hole :greengrin

Lets hope its a sunny day, heck i might even wear ma shorts :cool2:

Ive read Carlisle fans say theyve heard Hibs are sending a strong full team down to keep them ticking over during the 2 euro ties. This is why this game was arranged.

ionahibby
23-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Looking forward to it too all day bevvy session for me heck i might even take the monday off work :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
23-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm meeting a few mates there as well as taking an Aberdeen fan along with me. The footie is always a good excuse for a drinking weekend.
We are staying at a b&b just off botchergate, so on the sunday, we'll be getting up, having brekkie, then straight to walkabout to get the singing started!!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I hope to be there, could be dodgy as we dont get back from Slovenia til about midnight on Sat.

Austinho
23-07-2010, 01:41 PM
What time will Walkabouts be open on Sunday?

CallumLaidlaw
23-07-2010, 02:01 PM
What time will Walkabouts be open on Sunday?

12pm according to their website. So wetherspoons for an earlier pint, then walkabout for 12!! :)

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-07-2010, 02:29 PM
The Border Rambler next to Walkabout didn't seem to bother about barcodes fans singing in it last week. A bit of a dive, but, I like it! A wee tip for Walkabout punters, buy a boomerang card (£3 from the bar) for 25% off food and drink!

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 10:29 AM
The Border Rambler next to Walkabout didn't seem to bother about barcodes fans singing in it last week. A bit of a dive, but, I like it! A wee tip for Walkabout punters, buy a boomerang card (£3 from the bar) for 25% off food and drink!

Defo will get one of those cards on Saturday then I think :thumbsup:

Hopefully the Europa result will leave the hibs fans in Carlisle buzzing!! :agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-07-2010, 11:29 AM
12pm according to their website. So wetherspoons for an earlier pint, then walkabout for 12!! :)

Train gets in at 12.05, so ideal timing to head straight to Walkabout:thumbsup:
Looks like a straight forward 15-20 minute walk to the stadium from there.:flag:

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Train gets in at 12.05, so ideal timing to head straight to Walkabout:thumbsup:
Looks like a straight forward 15-20 minute walk to the stadium from there.:flag:

See you there! :thumbsup: :flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-07-2010, 12:00 PM
See you guys in walkabouts midday sunday

Kojock
27-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Six of us heading down on the Saturday on the 9.22 train from Waverley. Staying at the cheap but maybe not so cheerful Ibis Hotel. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Six of us heading down on the Saturday on the 9.22 train from Waverley. Staying at the cheap but maybe not so cheerful Ibis Hotel. :thumbsup:

Well we are going to watch the Celtic Lyon game at 2pm in walkabout on Saturday. See you in there if you fancy some banter

Kojock
27-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Well we are going to watch the Celtic Lyon game at 2pm in walkabout on Saturday. See you in there if you fancy some banter

Sounds good to me. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
27-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Stayed there twice now mate. Its fine. Usual Ibis, no frills room. Neat and comfy enough and right in heart of Botchergate - you can literally leave the hotel and stumble into Walkabouts/Wotherspoons etc

see ya'll Sunday :dizzy:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-07-2010, 01:10 PM
ive got a sneaking suspicion that some Hibbies (non Netters/Bouncers) may well use Carlisle Rugby Club pre-match. Its right beside Brunton Park and has outside seating at the back.

Maybe avoid Beehive (opp side of street from the ground). CUFC pub and i reckon there will be bouncers on the door anyway to keep the green hordes away...

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Keep your wits about you guys, you have been warned

:agree:

.Sean.
27-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Keep your wits about you guys, you have been warned

:agree:
What exactly have you heard?

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-07-2010, 10:48 PM
What exactly have you heard?

Haven't heard anything mate, I'm a regular visitor to Carlisle and can assure you the town center (like any other town center in the UK) is like the wild west and they certainly don't like the Scots, so just watch what your doing that's all

:wink:

ionahibby
28-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Haven't heard anything mate, I'm a regular visitor to Carlisle and can assure you the town center (like any other town center in the UK) is like the wild west and they certainly don't like the Scots, so just watch what your doing that's all

:wink:

If you look for trouble you will get trouble is my motto otherwise you will be fine, keeping your wits about is something we should do anyway on away trips carlisle or glasgow the destination doesn't matter.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I take it there has been no mention of an alcohol ban on the trains on Sunday?
Not heard anything.