PDA

View Full Version : Hibs after Sheriden?

johncrobertson@
22-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Speculation about Sheridan - how do you rate him?

Hibs keen on Celts Sheridan?

Hibs are believed to be keen on Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan according to reports in his homeland.

The Republic of Ireland striker is valued by his club at around £300,000 although no SPL club would be willing to meet that particular figure despite the 21 year old impressing during a 5 month loan spell with St Johnstone last season.

Also interested in the player are Edinburgh rivals Hearts, Charlton Athletic and CSKA Sofia.

If Sheridan was to sign up (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205757#) at the Hibees it could spell the end for Colin Nish at the club with the former Killie striker still interesting a couple of English Championship outfits.

Hibs gaffer John Hughes has already went on record as saying he'd have to 'juggle his squad about' before making any further signings this summer after admitting his interest in former loanee Alan Gow, therefore any proposed move for the Celtic striker may be dependant on the sale of some fringe players from the playing staff at Easter Road.

Join Vital Hibs
It's easy to register (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/register.asp) , simply click the link to join and have your say - Is there any truth in this rumour about Sheridan?

Read more: http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205757#ixzz0uS4Ua1wW

bingo70
22-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Speculation about Sheridan - how do you rate him?

Hibs keen on Celts Sheridan?

Hibs are believed to be keen on Celtic striker Cillian Sheridan according to reports in his homeland.

The Republic of Ireland striker is valued by his club at around £300,000 although no SPL club would be willing to meet that particular figure despite the 21 year old impressing during a 5 month loan spell with St Johnstone last season.

Also interested in the player are Edinburgh rivals Hearts, Charlton Athletic and CSKA Sofia.

If Sheridan was to sign up (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205757#) at the Hibees it could spell the end for Colin Nish at the club with the former Killie striker still interesting a couple of English Championship outfits.

Hibs gaffer John Hughes has already went on record as saying he'd have to 'juggle his squad about' before making any further signings this summer after admitting his interest in former loanee Alan Gow, therefore any proposed move for the Celtic striker may be dependant on the sale of some fringe players from the playing staff at Easter Road.

Join Vital Hibs
It's easy to register (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/register.asp) , simply click the link to join and have your say - Is there any truth in this rumour about Sheridan?

Read more: http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205757#ixzz0uS4Ua1wW

Never rated him, hope there's nothing in this.

Don't see why it would spell the end for nish though, we've still not replaced benji, we need another striker in the squad IMO.

Ed De Gramo
22-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Never rated him, hope there's nothing in this.

Don't see why it would spell the end for nish though, we've still not replaced benji, we need another striker in the squad IMO.

Agreed

I think Byrne needs a loan spell at a first division club (or a league 2 side) to get himself playing regular every week....so we defo need a fourth striker :agree:

Baw187
22-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd take him. Would score goals in our team and a decent option up front.

truehibernian
22-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Would rather we sign ex Celt Lee Naylor on a short term contract allowing Murray to solidify the midfield. Lee still stays in Edinburgh but is apparently looking at heading down south. I heard a little rumour today that Hughes is looking at a currently contracted Aberdeen player who has been told he can leave if a suitable offer come in. Was told it was a forward player which I can only think means either the likes of Aluko or Maguire (that is me speculating)......source from East Mains. Have to say I would love to see a player of the ilk of Aluko before Alan Gow, but I think Gow has his peg already in the dressing room.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-07-2010, 10:20 PM
have to say gramo that wee ginger burd is kind of cute who is she?

SteveHFC
22-07-2010, 10:22 PM

Hayley from Paramore

Rattler
22-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe just me, but don't really think we need him. We have a fair few players in that areawho, given game time and the opportunity, should be able to score as many, if not more, goals than Sheridan.

Tell me - we pay £300,000 for Sheridan, and they paid how much for the talent that is Riordan?

Andy74
22-07-2010, 10:28 PM
We do need a striker or two. Benji made a few appearances so who steps in now? I'd not be too upset signing Sheridan.

Ed De Gramo
22-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Hayley Williams from Paramore :agree:

She's better blonde :greengrin

.Sean.
22-07-2010, 10:35 PM
£300,000 for Sillyname Sheridan...

:faf:

Rattler
22-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyhoo...

Not going to get too concerned about it. Why would he want to come to us, maybe on comparable or lower wages, sit on the bench most of the time with the odd sub appearance for the last 15 minutes, def not be first choice striker (unless there are major injuries, suspensions or, god forbid, the sale of our current strikers) when he could easily, and probably will, go to the likes of Motherwell or St Johnstone where he'll be one of the biggest names and a straight pick every week.

Makes sense to me

Toaods
22-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd take him - has skill and power and probably we'd suit his game style more than Celtic did, as proven at St Johnstone where he done well.

Seany HFC 7-0
22-07-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd take him - has skill and power and probably we'd suit his game style more than Celtic did, as proven at St Johnstone where he done well.

Definately mate:agree:

sambajustice
22-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Has no one thought of:

Stokes = Sheridan + Cash?

aberhibsfc
22-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Would rather we sign ex Celt Lee Naylor on a short term contract allowing Murray to solidify the midfield. Lee still stays in Edinburgh but is apparently looking at heading down south. I heard a little rumour today that Hughes is looking at a currently contracted Aberdeen player who has been told he can leave if a suitable offer come in. Was told it was a forward player which I can only think means either the likes of Aluko or Maguire (that is me speculating)......source from East Mains. Have to say I would love to see a player of the ilk of Aluko before Alan Gow, but I think Gow has his peg already in the dressing room.

Aluko, a tantalising prospect, would be an excellent acquisition, but I doubt Aberdeen would be looking to let him go on the cheap.

ekhibee
23-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Aluko, a tantalising prospect, would be an excellent acquisition, but I doubt Aberdeen would be looking to let him go on the cheap.
I've always thought Aluko would be the kind of player that would thrive at Hibs, with the style that we play. He can play well down the left, which would free Riordan to play in more of a striker's role. But sadly,as you say, I think he wouldn't be cheap.

broonie27
23-07-2010, 12:24 AM
If we don't get at least one decent CH in soon it makes no difference how many strikers we've got. Believe me Hanlon and Hogg will leak goals like sieve.

Iain G
23-07-2010, 05:37 AM
If we don't get at least one decent CH in soon it makes no difference how many strikers we've got. Believe me Hanlon and Hogg will leak goals like sieve.

Didn't he play for Hearts?? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Sillyname Sheridan :faf:

I'd take him and Nish out but we've other priorities elsewhere in the team to be dealt with first.

Steve20
23-07-2010, 06:03 AM
We really need to be getting a centre half in before another striker.

broonie27
23-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Didn't he play for Hearts?? :greengrin

aye, he did, nearly his hole career. :wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Has no one thought of:

Stokes = Sheridan + Cash? Yes, i had thought of this and i've got a horrible feeling it's going to happen. I could see 2M for Stokes + Sheridan.

I think if Celtic ship Samaras out they might make a bid!

Would hate to see Stokes go but i think Sheridan could be a decent player for us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Nothing against Sheridan like. He is a decent enough player but if Hughes is thinking about juggling 300K to buy another middle to front player, I would be a wee bit worried.

Golden Bear
23-07-2010, 08:07 AM

:agree:

And he proved against us last season that he also has pace ------ something of a rarity at Easter Road these days.

The Sea-gull
23-07-2010, 08:09 AM

:agree:

Andy74
23-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I've never cared what order we get players, you need to go with what is available and wait for your targets.

If we sign a forward next then great, we need those too.

Wilson
23-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Yes, i had thought of this and i've got a horrible feeling it's going to happen. I could see 2M for Stokes + Sheridan.

I think if Celtic ship Samaras out they might make a bid!

Would hate to see Stokes go but i think Sheridan could be a decent player for us.

What was the last player plus cash deal we actually did?

Every transfer window we convince ourselves that our top player is going to one of the Old Firm for a player plus cash but I can't think of it having actually transpired of late.

If we want Sheridan we will pay a fee on his own merits as a player.

If they want Stokes they will have to pay a King's ransom.

Separate deals. No messing.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2010, 08:38 AM
What was the last player plus cash deal we actually did?

Every transfer window we convince ourselves that our top player is going to one of the Old Firm for a player plus cash but I can't think of it having actually transpired of late.

If we want Sheridan we will pay a fee on his own merits as a player.

If they want Stokes they will have to pay a King's ransom.

Separate deals. No messing.

We didn't do too badly when we got Graham fyfe and the other one Scott i think for Ian Munro. :boo hoo:

cockneymike
23-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Acording to wikipedia - he's 6'5 that would definitely be useful for us. As we haven't had anyone to effectively hold the ball up since Killen.

BSEJVT
23-07-2010, 08:54 AM
We didn't do too badly when we got Graham fyfe and the other one Scott i think for Ian Munro. :boo hoo:

Just as I was beginning to recover from the trauma of seeing those two huddies in Hibs strips, someone has to bring it up again.

Thanks for that:grr:

jdships
23-07-2010, 09:28 AM

Boy what a pair of Donkeys they were.
At the time we reckoned Fyfe could run faster backwards than forwards and as for Scott he always gave the impression he wasn't quire sure which end of the park he was playing to !! :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
23-07-2010, 09:30 AM
i reckon he's good. The lad's got goals in him and he's a big lad and has his best years still in front of him.

we are hibs
23-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I've always thought Aluko would be the kind of player that would thrive at Hibs, with the style that we play. He can play well down the left, which would free Riordan to play in more of a striker's role. But sadly,as you say, I think he wouldn't be cheap.

him and zemmama on each side

persevere1875
23-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Nothing against Sheridan like. He is a decent enough player but if Hughes is thinking about juggling 300K to buy another middle to front player, I would be a wee bit worried.

Maybe were going for the Kevin Keegan Newcastle approach, you score five we'll score six :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
23-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Sheridan is apparently signing for CSKA Sofia.. who have had an offer accepted by Celtic and he has 48 hours to decide according to BBC gossip

Aldo
23-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I would defo take him at ER. Young lad with loads of ability, strong, tall and a bit of pace. Also knows where the goals are.

Would be an excellent addition to our team/squad.

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 07:35 PM

Aberdeen are jobby and struggling financially i reckon they would take any semi decent offer, although was Mc Gee not quoted to have said Fraser Fyvie is worth 10 million :faf:

Aldo
23-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Aberdeen are jobby and struggling financially i reckon they would take any semi decent offer, although was Mc Gee not quoted to have said Fraser Fyvie is worth 10 million :faf:

:greengrin

Now theres a word I havent heard for a while. titter titter.

(sorry 40 going on ten)

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 08:05 PM
:greengrin

Now theres a word I havent heard for a while. titter titter.

(sorry 40 going on ten)

Te He nout wrong with that :greengrin

ekhibee
23-07-2010, 08:32 PM
:faf:
I hope McGee really believes that!!

Atalanta
23-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I seem to remember the goal he scored against us at McDiarmid Park in February was pretty impressive. Pace to get away from the defence and a super shot across the goalkeeper.

I think he would be a good player to have.

sixtwo
23-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Sheridan is an average player in the same mould of Gow. I'd neither be chuffed nor gutted if we signed him. He'd be a squad player at best.

Paddy McCourt is a player that would do a job for us and but I think he has offers from celtic and blackpool so he would be unlikely to join us.

Ernie Cobra
24-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Sheridan is an average player in the same mould of Gow. I'd neither be chuffed nor gutted if we signed him. He'd be a squad player at best.

Paddy McCourt is a player that would do a job for us and but I think he has offers from celtic and blackpool so he would be unlikely to join us.

completely agree

Barney McGrew
24-07-2010, 07:05 AM
I seem to remember the goal he scored against us at McDiarmid Park in February was pretty impressive. Pace to get away from the defence and a super shot across the goalkeeper.

To be fair, we were so poor that night we'd have made Amadou Konte look like Fernando Torres if he'd been playing against us

matty_f
24-07-2010, 07:51 AM
To be fair, we were so poor that night we'd have made Amadou Konte look like Fernando Torres if he'd been playing against us
:agree: One of the worst performances from a Hibs team I can remember seeing.

Big Frank
24-07-2010, 12:09 PM
As has been said, Hibernian need to sort out the back before other areas of the team.

whiskyhibby
24-07-2010, 01:14 PM
A por mans Colin Nish IMHO

No thanks................:duck:

Bostonhibby
24-07-2010, 01:26 PM

:agree::boo hoo: reverse "deal" of the decade, Ally ******ing Scott, I remember him scoring one when he swiped at the ball in front of an open net about 6ft out, missed it with his foot and it went in of his knee - useless when you think of the strikers we had just before him. Ian Munro was a very good player. Conned.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2010, 01:36 PM
:agree::boo hoo: reverse "deal" of the decade, Ally ******ing Scott, I remember him scoring one when he swiped at the ball in front of an open net about 6ft out, missed it with his foot and it went in of his knee - useless when you think of the strikers we had just before him. Ian Munro was a very good player. Conned.

Ally ****in Scott, and Graham ****in Fyfe, two players signed at the same time with the same middle names. :grr:

sesoim
24-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I've never cared what order we get players, you need to go with what is available and wait for your targets.

If we sign a forward next then great, we need those too.

The danger is we will be out of Europe within 12 days if we don't sort the defence. So we could be chucking away potentially £2M+ from qualifying for the group stages that would have came in very handy. Hughes needs to prioritise the areas that need fixing now or he wont be in a job come October.