PDA

View Full Version : NHC Expensive mistake... Gosling signs for Newcastle

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Expensive mistake [or perhaps misjudgement] by someone at Everton [Kenwright?] - could have been looking at getting £4m in by all accounts instead of nixy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8844933.stm

seanraff07
22-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Expensive mistake [or perhaps misjudgement] by someone at Everton [Kenwright?] - could have been looking at getting £4m in by all accounts instead of nixy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8844933.stm

They released him then Newcastle made a move for him.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 02:31 PM
They released him then Newcastle made a move for him.

Yeah I know, but if they hadn't ****ed up with only verbally offering him a contract instead of giving him the offer in writing, they wouldn't have had to let him go on a free. Hence, if Newcastle had still wanted him they would have had to shell out...

The Silver Fox
22-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Somebody will be right in the soup with that one. £4m is a lot to a club like everton, Moyes will be livid that some bungling idiot let this much potential spends disappear.

seanraff07
22-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Yeah I know, but if they hadn't ****ed up with only verbally offering him a contract instead of giving him the offer in writing, they wouldn't have had to let him go on a free. Hence, if Newcastle had still wanted him they would have had to shell out...

Ach well i'm not complaining, i'm a Newcastle fan.:greengrin

jgl07
22-07-2010, 02:49 PM
That's Everton goosed then!

sambajustice
22-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Were Everton not allowed to re-sign him?

If the boy wasn't all that bothered about leaving I dont understand how they couldnt have just made up a new contract for him.

HibeeB
22-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Was there not some shenanigans across the town about a verbal contract not being worth the paper it's written on recently?

Mind you, they weren't trying to hang on to a player. They were trying to get rid of a lump of, erm, wood that nobody wanted.

Woody1985
22-07-2010, 05:33 PM
What an idiot. He got the fortune of getting out of Everton and no doubt a vastly inflated wage due to the way it occurred and then signed for Newcastle. :faf:

Good one mate.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Were Everton not allowed to re-sign him?

If the boy wasn't all that bothered about leaving I dont understand how they couldnt have just made up a new contract for him.

S'pose so? Mind you, story from the Everton side is that they had got the impression from him that he would be resigning the new deal that was verbally offered. Smacks of him being tapped up as although he could have signed pre-contract before this verbal-written-freed thing appeared, Newcastle would have been due Everton the £4m then...

Can you imagine if Kenwright told the office lassie to type it up for him and she's forgotten...?

Mixu62
23-07-2010, 12:25 AM
That's Everton goosed then!

They'll be going down the swanny.:greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Somebody will be right in the soup with that one. £4m is a lot to a club like everton, Moyes will be livid that some bungling idiot let this much potential spends disappear.

It was his chairman - Bill Kenwright - apparently.

heretoday
23-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Gosling will always be remembered for a last-minute goal vs the Reds, but for little else.

seanraff07
23-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Gosling will always be remembered for a last-minute goal vs the Reds, but for little else.

He's only 20 though and has been injured since March, give him a chance!

Captain Trips
23-07-2010, 12:40 PM
It seems his old club Plymouth Argyle may have lost a lot of money also on appearance and transfer fee add ons.