PDA

View Full Version : How should Hibs deal with Bamba?

Diclonius
22-07-2010, 02:17 PM
What do you think?

EDIT: It should say "permanently" up there.

Lofarl
22-07-2010, 02:23 PM
If he does not do a sincere apology he can be stuck in the reserves imo.

poolman
22-07-2010, 02:25 PM
What do you think?

Where's the "Leave it to Yogi & Bamba to sort it out" option instead of all this kneejerk reaction

Riordans Boots
22-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Sell him but only for the right price :agree:

SaulGoodman
22-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Unless Bamba has some good reason why he didn't turn up, a transfer is what he wants, he clearly thinks he is to good for this team. Why should we give him that? bench him until January.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2010, 02:31 PM
If he plays for us against Videoton etc, does he not snooker himself from playing in Europe for another team this season and therefore maybes reducing his value? Either way the club holds the upper hand.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Where's the "Give him a big cuddle, the big dafty" option?

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 02:36 PM
None of the above! :wink:

Two-week fine just now regardless of what else happens.

*IF* someone wants to meet our current valuation, sell him now.

If not, he can train with the laddies until the end of this transfer window *then* he comes back into the squad proper [assuming he's got his head down and earned that right] and is told that if he wants a move the only way he's getting one is to earn it in the next window by playing his socks off.

He gets taught a lesson about not mugging the club off and we [hopefully] get a motivated player back after he's learned that lesson. We then punt him in the Xmas window if he still wants away and there is interest. Otherwise, if he's playing well and no-one meets the valuation, we keep him until the end of his contract and make hay while the sun shines.

seanraff07
22-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Any offer over £1m and i'd grab their hand off for it.

gackohibs
22-07-2010, 02:49 PM

agreed.

i think Hibs should be the adults here and say "look, just the hell out of here if your not gonna commit 100% to the club and the supporters who pay your wages."

:bye:

DarlingtonHibee
22-07-2010, 02:51 PM
What do you think?

How about we just let the club sort it out......:bitchy:

Walter
22-07-2010, 03:16 PM
shoot the ********

HibeeB
22-07-2010, 03:21 PM
If he stood in the centre circle before every home match and sung SOL, just to remind himself of who and where he is, would that appease many?

sixtwo
22-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I think he wants to go and I am pretty sure the money men at easter road would quite like £1m+ for a player that cost us £50k, so I doubt he will be playing for us next season.

It's a bit sad when a player disrespects our club. Personally, I like Sol, I think he is a cracking player and would be a difficult player to replace but no player is bigger than the club.

Littlest Hobo
22-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Where's the "Leave it to Yogi & Bamba to sort it out" option instead of all this kneejerk reaction

I like this option!:thumbsup:

Wee Scottie Dug
22-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I like this option!:thumbsup:

Common sense option - but that would spoil the fun for all the posters on here who love nothing more than to pass judgement based on speculation. (though I do admit speculation is mainly what this message board is all about - especially when its pre-season !)

At the end of the day no-one on here knows what was said (by whoever) and agreed to (by whoever).
Obviously JH was under the impression SB was due to join up in Holland after an extra weeks rest.
Equally SB was under the impression that his request for 3 weeks was approved and is due back this
weekend.

The truth may never come out but I speculate (here we go again!) that there has been a miscommunication somewhere along the line and more than likely between SB and his representatives.

zlatan
22-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Scare him out of town by putting sheets on our heads and hanging about outside his house pretending to be ghosts. If that doesn't work set fire to a wooden lower case t planted outside his home, the t will stand for 'time to leave'.

Green Mikey
22-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Common sense option - but that would spoil the fun for all the posters on here who love nothing more than to pass judgement based on speculation. (though I do admit speculation is mainly what this message board is all about - especially when its pre-season !)

At the end of the day no-one on here knows what was said (by whoever) and agreed to (by whoever).
Obviously JH was under the impression SB was due to join up in Holland after an extra weeks rest.
Equally SB was under the impression that his request for 3 weeks was approved and is due back this
weekend.

The truth may never come out but I speculate (here we go again!) that there has been a miscommunication somewhere along the line and more than likely between SB and his representatives.

:agree: This could simply be a misunderstanding and nothing will come of it.

How many players are actually left to rot in the reserves because they breached club rules? I would be angry if a player who made a small indiscretion was left out the the team and it had a detrimnetal impact on performances. Bamba is a first team player and we need him for important European games very soon, banishing him to the reserves seem to be more damging to the club than being a few days late after his holidays...

Gerard
22-07-2010, 05:53 PM

That sounds good to me:wink:
The Tache aka as The Terminator:wink:
Gerard

Gus
22-07-2010, 05:59 PM
IF someone bids £1 million then take it i say...........thats IF someone rates him that highly

snooky
22-07-2010, 06:06 PM
If he stood in the centre circle before every home match and sung SOL, just to remind himself of who and where he is, would that appease many?

Who wants to hear him sing about himself :dunno:

:wink:

ekhibee
22-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Personally I would fine him heavily and then have him training with the under-19's till the next transfer window, but that's cos I'm spiteful. But realistically, our defence drastically needs to do WITHOUT Hogg, so for that reason I'd play him, until somebody decides to buy him. I do find it quite hard to believe he needed an extension of leave because of football reasons, he never played in the World Cup and was injured fairly early on so there might have been other reasons for his abscence, but I really don't think that the club, which keeps it's cards pretty close to it's chest, are in the habit of commenting on a player like this on the official site unless he's broken club rules or not kept an agreement that he has made. Bleating to the media hasn't helped his cause either IMO.

Bostonhibby
22-07-2010, 08:02 PM

:agree: when you cut through all the nonsense, here is a guy who probably doesn't want to play for us, is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is - I think we could sustain the loss and get far more than we paid for him so thanks for the memories, good and some horrors......:bye:

Leith Green
22-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Yogi will never find him, he's joined benji in the foriegn legions crack commando unit ...

seanraff07
22-07-2010, 09:21 PM
:agree: when you cut through all the nonsense, here is a guy who probably doesn't want to play for us, is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is - I think we could sustain the loss and get far more than we paid for him so thanks for the memories, good and some horrors......:bye:

Totally agree, fair enough he's a decent player but i still believe he thinks he's better than he actually is. We also aren't in need of a CB quite as much now if he was to leave. We've now got Hogg, Thicot, Hanlon, Stephens and arguably Murray who are all capable of playing CB so he isn't as vital to us now, so in my view, if he's going to piss about then he can move elsewhere if he likes.