PDA

View Full Version : Lithuania v Scotland

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I've just received details of the ballot for this game. It says it's on 3 September.

That's a Friday. Is that right?

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I've just received details of the ballot for this game. It says it's on 3 September.

That's a Friday. Is that right?

Hi Mate,

putting the charter behind us.

Yup, a new UEFA directive is to try and assign the games to a Friday night, this is to help get players back to there clubs sooner. Czech Republic v Scotland is also a Friday night here in Prague on the 8th Oct!

Personally I don't like the idea!

TamHibs
22-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Aye the game will be played on the Friday night bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_in_Prague
22-07-2010, 01:37 PM
9.15pm kickoff. in Kaunas.

See you there :thumbsup:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/international_fixture_details.cfm?page=115&matchID=96707

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 01:37 PM
From the SFA.

UEFA Euro 2012 Qualifiers Dates Agreed
Friday, 19 February 2010

NATIONAL coach Craig Levein has emerged from the UEFA Euro 2012 Group I dates meeting happy with his qualification schedule.

"I am relatively pleased with the outcome," he said. "We went in with certain objectives that we wanted to achieve and with the exception of one compromise, I consider it a good result.

"We were adamant that we did not want a game in June and wanted a week“s preparation for the four games against the Czechs and Lithuania. We also wanted Spain in October, which we got.

"I want to give a lot of credit to George Peat and Gordon Smith for the groundwork in the build-up between the draw and today. The outcome shows that the behind-the-scenes work this morning and the preparatory work done when we arrived on Thursday was important in trying to cement a fixture schedule that suited us. It was a lot more productive than turning up and starting from scratch.

"The draw itself is only positive if we manage to turn what we think is a promising fixture schedule into points."

GROUP I UEFA Euro 2012 qualifiers match dates are as follows.

Friday 3rd September Lithuania v Scotland

Liechtenstein v Spain

Tuesday 7th September Scotland v Liechtenstein

Czech Republic v Lithuania

Friday 8th October Czech Republic v Scotland

Spain v Lithuania

Tuesday 12th October Scotland v Spain

Liechtenstein v Czech Republic

Friday 25th March Spain v Czech Republic

Tuesday 29th March Lithuania v Spain

Czech Republic v Liechtenstein

Saturday 4th June Liechtenstein v Lithuania

Tuesday 7th June No games

Friday 2nd September Lithuania v Liechtenstein

Saturday 3rd September Scotland v Czech Republic

Tuesday 6th September Spain v Liechtenstein

Scotland v Lithuania

Friday 7th October Czech Republic v Spain

Saturday 8th October Liechtenstein v Scotland

Tuesday 11th October Spain v Scotland

Lithuania v Czech Republic

Please note due to new UEFA regulation all international midweek games are now to be played on Tuesdays to allow players more recovery time when returning to their clubs. To allow sufficient rest time during double headers, the home associations in the first game are allowed to schedule for a Friday evening. The police in Scotland have prohibited Friday night games therefore should the first game of a double header be our home tie, then it will be played on a Saturday afternoon.

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Have you seen the price of the official charter to this?:grr: I have booked lyanair to japan £3.50 return, and am rickshawing the rest for 50p.

H18sry
22-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Have you seen the price of the official charter to this?:grr: I have booked lyanair to japan £3.50 return, and am rickshawing the rest for 50p.

Flights and accommodation booked for less than £150 on "The Church of Maradona TA" official charter :wink:

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Flights and accommodation booked for less than £150 on "The Church of Maradona TA" official charter :wink:

Good price that, think they could do a deal to maribor? :wink:

H18sry
22-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Good price that, think they could do a deal to maribor? :wink:

:greengrin if we knew back in May I'm sure we could have :wink:

MacBean
22-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Booked up for Prague last week. Flying to Berlin Friday Morning, then getting the train from Berlin to Prague (5 hours) spending the night in Prague, before back up to Berlin for the night and home on the Sunday Morning.

£75 return flights, £13 each for hotel in Prague, £20 each for hotel in Berlin, around £70 on train return.

either that or £400 return direct to Prague!!!

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Booked up for Prague last week. Flying to Berlin Friday Morning, then getting the train from Berlin to Prague (5 hours) spending the night in Prague, before back up to Berlin for the night and home on the Sunday Morning.

£75 return flights, £13 each for hotel in Prague, £20 each for hotel in Berlin, around £70 on train return.

Unfortunately with Jet2 having the monopoly on direct flights to and from Scotland this was always going got be the case.

cwilliamson85
22-07-2010, 02:17 PM

From the Jet2 site.

EDINBURGH to Prague
Dep Fri 08 Oct 2010 07:30
Arr Fri 08 Oct 2010 11:00
Flight LS825

Prague to EDINBURGH
Dep Mon 11 Oct 2010 11:35
Arr Mon 11 Oct 2010 13:05
Flight LS826

Base Fare - £189.98
Taxes and Charges £47.50
Bags £19.98
Online Check-in £8.00
Total: £265.46

Drop the bags (as you will only need carry luggage) and this is not a bad price for a direct flight.