PDA

View Full Version : Charter flight departure times?

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know when the flight will leave Edinburgh next Wednesday?

Morning/afternoon/evening?

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:05 AM
The reason I ask is my mate has a meeting that morning which he would need to cancel if it's an early flight.

He is willing to do that, but doesn't want to cancel it if it's not necessary.

Also, I'm not convinced I want to pay £565 for a late night flight.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 09:06 AM

Given the fact that the final destination has not been decided I doubt very much they could announce such details.....:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Given the fact that the final destination has not been decided I doubt very much they could announce such details.....:rolleyes:

Given the fact that the cost of chartering a plane changes markedly depending on the time of day it flies, I think they will have at least a rough idea. :rolleyes:

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Given the fact that the cost of chartering a plane changes markedly depending on the time of day it flies, I think they will have at least a rough idea. :rolleyes:

So if you know this then surely you could work out the timings, no?:wink:

And again, without the destination why would Hibs announce such details..... just to confirm this again later, seems a little unnecessary, no?

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:21 AM
So if you know this then surely you could work out the timings, no?:wink:

Eh?

I know that night charters are cheaper than day charters. I don't know what ITA have quoted for.

And again, without the destination why would Hibs announce such details..... just to confirm this again later, seems a little unnecessary, no?

How difficult would it be to say we leave at 2.00 pm if we fly to Budapest. 3.00 if we go to Maribor?

Would you stump up £500 in advance for a flight that may or may not meet your requirements?

I don't think it's unreasonable to know what I'm buying in advance.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Eh?

I know that night charters are cheaper than day charters. I don't know what ITA have quoted for.

How difficult would it be to say we leave at 2.00 pm if we fly to Budapest. 3.00 if we go to Maribor?

Would you stump up £500 in advance for a flight that may or may not meet your requirements?

I don't think it's unreasonable to know what I'm buying in advance.

If I was stumping up 500+quid for a flight that left sometime on Wednesday I would make sure i was available for it no matter what time it left!! - not that hard really.

As for how difficult it would be, do you know the in's and out's of the charter, making announcement and anything else connected. Lets say they said OK it will leave in the after noon, or around 2 or 3 then can you imagine the amount of questions this would cause making it more time consuming.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:38 AM
If I was stumping up 500+quid for a flight that left sometime on Wednesday I would make sure i was available for it no matter what time it left!! - not that hard really.

How the f*** would you know how hard it was for someone to be available? Jeezo.

I'm available all day.

However, I don't want to pay £565 for a flight that gets me to Budapest at midnight. Then after passing through customs, boarding a bus, travelling to Maribor, or where ever the hotel may be (we don't know that either), finding that it's the middle of the night with nothing to do, nowhere to go. I want 2 nights out.

You may be willing to be treated like a mug, but I'm not.

Wanna buy a second hand car? It's a blue Ford. £2500. Yes or no?

As for how difficult it would be, do you know the in's and out's of the charter, making announcement and anything else connected. Lets say they said OK it will leave in the after noon, or around 2 or 3 then can you imagine the amount of questions this would cause making it more time consuming.

What I do know, is that ITA have quotes for flights. The prices quoted will reflect the flight times. Or do you think the flight times depend on the number of goals scored?

They are happy to disclose the prices, but, not the departure times. I find that strange.

In fact, I suspect the flights will not be friendly as ITA have ignored my question by email twice now.

H18sry
22-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Go by bus Dave you know it makes sense :wink:

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Go by bus Dave you know it makes sense :wink:

Aye.

I'm saving my holidays so I can go to the next round too. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
22-07-2010, 09:44 AM
its well known that late night departures do cost less than daytime flights from UK airports.

Steve-O
22-07-2010, 09:44 AM
The flight to Dnipro back in the day left at approximately 2am :agree:

I recall getting there, having about 2 hours sleep, going out at about 1pm, and somehow staying up until about 6am the following morning.

Let's just say we were all a bit tired when the match came along :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:50 AM

I recall getting there, having about 2 hours sleep, going out at about 1pm, and somehow staying up until about 6am the following morning.

And that's important to me.

I'm not paying £565 for that.

Gorebridge Hibb
22-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Just spoke to ITA and because so many people did not confirm they are having to think of a plan B which will involve a charter to Munich then luxury coach to either Slovenia or Hungary. It will be a Tuesday pm and Wednesday am departure from Edinburgh with the Tuesday people having a night in Munich and then everyone departing Munich sometime on Wednesday. Prices still aboutthe same I presume. I looked at doing this independently yesterday and when you add up plane fares, trains, hotels etc then you are pushing up to the ITA cost anyway. For peace of mind my Dad and i are going on the ITA trip as you just need a slight delay or a missed connection and you are stuffed.

Steve-O
22-07-2010, 09:56 AM
And that's important to me.

I'm not paying £565 for that.

Quite, I think we paid 350 so another 200 quid on top seems quite a bit unless you genuinely get 2 full nights there. We travelled one night, had one night there, and then straight back after the game.

hibsboy90
22-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Hearing the munich thing makes me feel really sorry for those who paid £600 for ITA. It had better be a luxury coach for that price, i.e. one used by Bayern Munich with sofa's, tvs etc.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Hearing the munich thing makes me feel really sorry for those who paid £600 for ITA. It had better be a luxury coach for that price, i.e. one used by Bayern Munich with sofa's, tvs etc.

If the direct flights don't go, they'll be able to get their money back.

Darth Hibbie
22-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Do we have any indication what time on friday they are due back. I HAVE to be at work by 9pm on friday and so far have not found anyway of doing it :boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Treated like a mug...eh... think you have wandered off the whole point a little, blue car, WTF, I want want a green one!!

If you haven't paid the 500+quid, sit and wait until they announce the times. But I suspect the main reason they haven't announced this is due to the destination not known.

Think you're getting a little worked up with this now! :boo hoo:

:faf:

You're just arguing for the sake of it now.

The destinations are known. There are only two possible.

How can they announce the price and not the times? Of course they know what they've been quoted for.

Unless their enquiry went something like this;

"Hello, is that Charter Planes R Us?"

"Aye".

"Can you quote me for flights to Maribor or Budapest on 28/30 July?"

"What time do you want to depart?"

"Er, ....can I phone you back once I know the score?"

"Hello, is that Parks of Budapest?".

"Can you quote me for a bus from Budapest Airport to the travelodge near where Videoton play, please?"

"What time does your flight arrive?"

"Can I phone you back once I know the score?"

"Hello is that the Travelodge?" etc etc etc.

I think the main reason they haven't told us the times is because the departure times are crap.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 10:40 AM
:faf:

You're just arguing for the sake of it now.

The destinations are known. There are only two possible.

How can they announce the price and not the times? Of course they know what they've been quoted for.

Unless their enquiry went something like this;

"Hello, is that Charter Planes R Us?"

"Aye".

"Can you quote me for flights to Maribor or Budapest on 28/30 July?"

"What time do you want to depart?"

"Er, ....can I phone you back once I know the score?"

"Hello, is that Parks of Budapest?".

"Can you quote me for a bus from Budapest Airport to the travelodge near where Videoton play, please?"

"What time does your flight arrive?"

"Can I phone you back once I know the score?"

"Hello is that the Travelodge?" etc etc etc.

I think the main reason they haven't told us the times is because the departure times are crap.

Is it hot in Edinburgh today, as you seem to be getting worked up a tad mate.

So here you go I will walk you through it again.

How the f*** would you know how hard it was for someone to be available? Jeezo.

I was talking about myself

I'm available all day.

So no issue then.

However, I don't want to pay £565 for a flight that gets me to Budapest at midnight. Then after passing through customs, boarding a bus, travelling to Maribor, or where ever the hotel may be (we don't know that either), finding that it's the middle of the night with nothing to do, nowhere to go. I want 2 nights out.

You may be willing to be treated like a mug, but I'm not.

If you have paid the 500+quid upfront without knowing the details then you’re the mug I would say, if you haven’t paid the money, sit tight and I am sure all will be announce later tonight or tomorrow!

Wanna buy a second hand car? It's a blue Ford. £2500. Yes or no?.

As for the car, no thanks, blue is not my colour, if you had one in Green on the other hand!

What I do know, is that ITA have quotes for flights. The prices quoted will reflect the flight times. Or do you think the flight times depend on the number of goals scored?

They are happy to disclose the prices, but, not the departure times. I find that strange.

In fact, I suspect the flights will not be friendly as ITA have ignored my question by email twice now.

Or maybe they don’t know the flight times!!

It's not rocket science. :greengrin

hibsboy90
22-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Not wanting to interrupt the Scott v Radge game, would ITA not be told when planes are available, at cheapest prices (they emphasised they were trying to get great value), and as such base quotes for coaches on this etc.

Not sure their reasoning for not saying, but you would think they would know.

Possibly they want to wait until the tie is confirmed, so they can release 1 big, in depth itinerary?

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Possibly they want to wait until the tie is confirmed, so they can release 1 big, in depth itinerary?

No that would make sense!

Thats me out of this one. Just thought it was logical, did not mean to get into a heated debate, but it did make lunch more interesting!

villager
22-07-2010, 10:53 AM

i spoke to them yesterday afternoon and asked for an indication of times, they told me when they made their provisional bookings subject to confirmation they specified a preference for a morning flight on the wednesday and flights to return to edinburgh by early evening.

they did say that no promises were made they'll get the times but their contacts do their best to make it happen.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 12:07 PM
No that would make sense!

Thats me out of this one. Just thought it was logical, did not mean to get into a heated debate, but it did make lunch more interesting!

They expect folk to shell out £500 without knowing what they're getting for their money.

Perfect sense. :bitchy:

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 12:10 PM
They expect folk to shell out £500 without knowing what they're getting for their money.

Perfect sense. :bitchy:

For 500quid, I beleive you will get to a destination where Hibs are playing, they will leave on Wednesday and come back Friday, there is accommodation included.

Did you pay the 500quid already or not?

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 12:26 PM
For 500quid, I beleive you will get to a destination where Hibs are playing, they will leave on Wednesday and come back Friday, there is accommodation included.

Did you pay the 500quid already or not?

Why have you interfered in this thread?

You don't have anything worthwhile to offer, just pig-headedness.

I thought it was a fairly obvious thing to ask.

ITA have asked for payment by tonight. My mate is in his 60's and an overnight journey isn't suitable.

Why you have a problem with any of that is anyone's guess.

We have managed to get airlines etc. to look at their prices and now we can offer as follows:

As we do not know where the game will be we have priced the trips separately to Maribor and Budapest

MARIBOR AIRPORT

The price for flight/accommodation/transfers x 2 night stay £535.00

BUDAPEST AIRPORT

The price for flight/accommodation/transfer x 2 night stay £565.00

To make things easier as we do not know our destination payment of £500.00 would need to be paid by Thursday and the balance depending on destination paid on Friday 23rd July.

If my asking for flight times is so unreasonable to you, I suggest you seek psychological help.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 12:34 PM
i spoke to them yesterday afternoon and asked for an indication of times, they told me when they made their provisional bookings subject to confirmation they specified a preference for a morning flight on the wednesday and flights to return to edinburgh by early evening.

they did say that no promises were made they'll get the times but their contacts do their best to make it happen.

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed.

Even though I risk of missing out, I'll wait till I know the times.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Why have you interfered in this thread?

You don't have anything worthwhile to offer, just pig-headedness.

I thought it was a fairly obvious thing to ask.

ITA have asked for payment by tonight. My mate is in his 60's and an overnight journey isn't suitable.

Why you have a problem with any of that is anyone's guess.

If my asking for flight times is so unreasonable to you, I suggest you seek psychological help.

I need no help,< i am not interfering, I am just debating an open point that you asked.

If you or your friend doesn't have all the info, then simply don't pay the money.

If what your saying the reason is that your mate cant travel overnight (here was me thinking he was more concerned about changing a meeting on Wednesday!!!) then he could also highlight this with ITA and then maybe they would be more willing to explain to you or your mate the circumstances behind not giving the times or maybe they would give you a approx time of departure.

Again, simple really.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 12:45 PM

I need no help,< i am not interfering, I am just debating an open point that you asked.

Ah, you just clicked the wrong smiley.

If what your saying the reason is that your mate cant travel overnight (here was me thinking he was more concerned about changing a meeting on Wednesday!!!)

Both apply. Which makes it even more important we know the departure time.

then he could also highlight this with ITA and then maybe they would be more willing to explain to you or your mate the circumstances behind not giving the times or maybe they would give you a approx time of departure.

Been there, done that, no answer.

Which is why I asked the question on here.

If you or your friend doesn't have all the info, then simply don't pay the money.

You're right. What a mistake I made, trying to find out the details so I could pay by the deadline.

Again, simple really

Speak for yourself.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Just spoke to ITA and because so many people did not confirm they are having to think of a plan B which will involve a charter to Munich then luxury coach to either Slovenia or Hungary. It will be a Tuesday pm and Wednesday am departure from Edinburgh with the Tuesday people having a night in Munich and then everyone departing Munich sometime on Wednesday. Prices still aboutthe same I presume. I looked at doing this independently yesterday and when you add up plane fares, trains, hotels etc then you are pushing up to the ITA cost anyway. For peace of mind my Dad and i are going on the ITA trip as you just need a slight delay or a missed connection and you are stuffed.

Ok so does that mean the original charter is cancelled. Really need info from any1 in the know as my time off is at a premium. Have emailed ita but no reply. I also have forked out 500 upfront for this and would really like answers, sorry to moan but this is getting beyond a joke now! GG :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Ok so does that mean the original charter is cancelled. Really need info from any1 in the know as my time off is at a premium. Have emailed ita but no reply. I also have forked out 500 upfront for this and would really like answers, sorry to moan but this is getting beyond a joke now! GG :thumbsup:

I got a response! :thumbsup:

Things are changing but timings I still cannot confirm

Things are changing, eh?#

They just needed to end that email with the phrase "Simple really" and all would have made sense. :wink:

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I got a response! :thumbsup:

Things are changing, eh?#

They just needed to end that email with the phrase "Simple really" and all would have made sense. :wink:

Is that the response you got? I think we have been selt a dizzy here

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Phoar! The smouldering passion of European nights! Scott, Radge, I hope you chaps aren't in the next hotel room to me. Don't want to have my beauty sleep ruined by the noisy sounds of make-up sex.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Phoar! The smouldering passion of European nights! Scott, Radge, I hope you chaps aren't in the next hotel room to me. Don't want to have my beauty sleep ruined by the noisy sounds of make-up sex.

I am smooth, but not that smooth! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Is that the response you got? I think we have been selt a dizzy here

Yes that's the response, but I doubt you've been cheated.

If it does move to the rumoured Munich option, I guess you'll be offered your cash back.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes that's the response, but I doubt you've been cheated.

If it does move to the rumoured Munich option, I guess you'll be offered your cash back.

I would certainly hope so because if they go with the Munich option the cost would be reduced significantly