PDA

View Full Version : Postponement of Selkirk v Hibs pre season friendly

Golden Bear
22-07-2010, 08:35 AM
I've just heard on local radio that the Selkirk v Hibs pre season friendly which was scheduled for Monday 26th July has been postponed due to the number of injuries we've accumulated in Holland!

The match has been re-scheduled for mid August (didn't catch the exact date)

Jeez - what are things coming to when at this stage of the season we can't muster enough fit players to field a team against the mighty Selkirk!

On the other hand, maybe Hibs could have made a commitment that some of the first team squad would play at Selkirk so maybe they want to get the Europa ties out of the way first of all.

Gala Foxes
24-07-2010, 11:33 AM
The Southern Reporter (Borders Weekly Newspaper) says game is rescheduled for Monday August 23rd - if there are any updates on Borders radio or in local press I will update this post - for those that haven't been to the Selkirk FC ground it is pretty smart & has a good bar/social club in it. A nice place to spend a summer night watching the Hibs

cabbageandribs1875
24-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Jeez - what are things coming to when at this stage of the season we can't muster enough fit players to field a team against the mighty Selkirk!

i still think it's crazy playing a friendly at carlisle sandwiched between two very important europa games, i imagine there will be at least several first team players playing in the friendly.