PDA

View Full Version : NHC Poor start by Aberdeen in friendlies

sunshine1875
22-07-2010, 07:22 AM
First friendly against Fraserburgh - AFC lost 3-1 away.

Second friendly was against Peterhead - AFC won 2-0 away

Last night they played Dunfermline - AFC lost 1-0 away

Keep up the good work Mr McGhee!

Ritchie
22-07-2010, 07:24 AM
relegation looms :pray:

mjhibby
22-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Our results against the pars and qos are starting to look pretty decent now especially as the players had only trained for a few days.the games in holland are a tougher proposition and will help get the team ready but clearly we look like a team who will have a good season domestically at least.keep up the good work mr mcgoo and have that p45 ready for the end of september i would think.

Aldo
22-07-2010, 09:27 AM
TBH i personally think they will be involved in a relgation battle with Killie and St Mirren. I can see ICT staying up. For me the surprise team next season will be St Johnstone. McInnes has went out and bought a couple of no bad players and think they might finish top 6 this season.

O and getting back to the subject the Dons have been dire for a couple of seasons and with no finance and poor crowds i can see them getting worse as the seasons go on.

Would you want to go up their and play for a very poor side with the fans getting on your back from day one. I can see McGhee getting punted by XMAS.

sunshine1875
25-07-2010, 07:43 AM
AFC have now added a 1-1 draw away to the giants of Tamworth to their impressive pre-season run.

It is almost a bit like Mixu's pre-season two years ago.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/tamworth-1-aberdeen-1-mcghee-has-little-ground-for-optimism-1.1043499

I see also that david Grof played for Tamworth.

mjhibby
25-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Richard gordon on sportsound seems resigned already to a poor season supporting the dons though as usual allan preston sat on the fence by saying these dreadful results arent a problem as its two weeks time the season starts.Their results are very similar to mixus start and with the arabs scraping a draw against glentoran no team seems to be stting the heather on fire preseason.Glad when the real actions start mind you as friendlies are all but meaning less although the worry for the dons fans is it doesnt look like getting better any time soon.

sunshine1875
25-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Richard gordon on sportsound seems resigned already to a poor season supporting the dons though as usual allan preston sat on the fence by saying these dreadful results arent a problem as its two weeks time the season starts.Their results are very similar to mixus start and with the arabs scraping a draw against glentoran no team seems to be stting the heather on fire preseason.Glad when the real actions start mind you as friendlies are all but meaning less although the worry for the dons fans is it doesnt look like getting better any time soon.

Not that I have been looking for any of their results, but how are the BIG team doing in their friendlies. I believe that they are playing the mighty Gillingham in midweek followed by Millwall (:take that) both away, but have not heard anything about games to date. Is this a new cost cutting exercise, don't play any friendlies! Considering, we have played six games, the Dons four games, plus other teams seem to have played a few, I would be surprised if the Hertz have played no-one by now.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Maybe closed door games?

blairwallace
25-07-2010, 07:59 PM
we've normally done terribly in pre-season. remember the pre-season when we played barcelona we didn't win one game IIRC?
per-season is'nt all important its about getting fitter and for the manager seeing whats his best team for the up coming season.
would NOT like to see the sheep relegated though

Pretty Boy
25-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Would love to see Aberdeen go down.

Having lived up here for 6 years the sheep are 10x more deluded than the yams. They genuinely believe they are a big club talked about around Europe, i even met one guy who said Real Madrid fans must still shudder when they hear the name Aberdeen. They should have been relegated before but were saved due to SPL rules, a spell in the 1st division would serve the deluded idiots well.

Pretty Boy
25-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Not that I have been looking for any of their results, but how are the BIG team doing in their friendlies. I believe that they are playing the mighty Gillingham in midweek followed by Millwall (:take that) both away, but have not heard anything about games to date. Is this a new cost cutting exercise, don't play any friendlies! Considering, we have played six games, the Dons four games, plus other teams seem to have played a few, I would be surprised if the Hertz have played no-one by now.

Think they played an Italian regional select and won 2-1. They play Dunfermilne on Tuesday as well so could be an interesting comparison after our result against them.

It does seem a strange pre season they have had as even taking closed doors games into account they will still have played far less than us consideriong we also played 2 closed doors games in addition to the 'open' friendlies.