PDA

View Full Version : Gow wants to come back to Hibs

Simon70
21-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Says in here that he'll meet with John Hughes when Hibs get back from Holland.

http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2010/07/21/402615-striker-hopes-to-seal-permanent-hibs-deal/

Hibs90
21-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Gow can **** off. He's pish. End of.

steviecarnie
21-07-2010, 01:09 PM

harsh and unfair. he wasnt given a real chance, given time i think he could do a job,

M11BMO
21-07-2010, 01:12 PM
harsh and unfair. he wasnt given a real chance, given time i think he could do a job,

:agree: Get him fit and he could be a very useful addition...

RoYO!
21-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Don't know where I stand on Gow. Wasn't really aware of him pre rangers- and during his time there. And last season it was clear that he wasn't up to speed. I'd be willing to give it a shot so long as he's not demanding big wages.

--------
21-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Says in here that he'll meet with John Hughes when Hibs get back from Holland.

http://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2010/07/21/402615-striker-hopes-to-seal-permanent-hibs-deal/

The Clydebank Post? Not obviously the fount of all knowledge and source of the hot story right off the presses?

Before he went to Ibrox he was an impressive midfield attacker; at that point I'd have had him in a moment. Not sure how things have gone with him since, and his time at ER was inconclusive. If he could get back to where he was pre-Huns, I'd be happy.

PeterboroHibee
21-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Really dont want to see him back at Hibs. Fair enough he wasnt fit most of the time when he was here, but when he was playing didnt see anything impressive; dont see where he fits in as he isnt really an improvement on any of the guys who were starting regularly last season, and imagine he wouldnt be a cheap squad player to have.

mickki40
21-07-2010, 01:26 PM
WHO? Did he ever play for us, was he good? I would have loved to see him play for us, Who is he???? Stay away Gow. you weren't that good when you came to us, no easy payments now your in the twighlight of your career. Hibs!!! do not get this man back. He was unforgettable, many will argue he deserves a chance due to him being injured last time here, NO NO NO NO. Let's invest in players who are less likely to be injured all the time. He is 28 now. and officially without a club. He has had a recurrence of a hamstring injury last I heard. It speaks a lot when even Brechin city aint chasing him. IMO this is a step back for Hibs. Why did we not keep him in the first place. Jones yes, Sproule yes, O Connor yes GOW NO NO NO NO NO NO

Steve20
21-07-2010, 01:34 PM
A fit Gow would be a good addition to the squad, no doubt about it. Hopefully we can bring him in.

steviecarnie
21-07-2010, 01:38 PM
twighlight of your career.

At 28? thats the peak 28 - 31/32

Hank Schrader
21-07-2010, 01:40 PM

I sometimes feel that way about you and the guff you post on here...

mickki40
21-07-2010, 01:45 PM
At 28? thats the peak 28 - 31/32
He is now too injury prone. His body is that of a 32 yr old. He was a great player for some of his former clubs when He was fit. But he played 8 times for us and scored 1 goal. He is not a player at his peak. Why take a risk on him.

Simon70
21-07-2010, 01:46 PM
The Clydebank Post? Not obviously the fount of all knowledge and source of the hot story right off the presses?

Before he went to Ibrox he was an impressive midfield attacker; at that point I'd have had him in a moment. Not sure how things have gone with him since, and his time at ER was inconclusive. If he could get back to where he was pre-Huns, I'd be happy.

Clydebank is where he is from, so i suspect they could be the font of all knowledge on this.

Tiocfaidh Ar La
21-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Wow. Typical Hibs fans... The guy hasn't even signed and already it would appear he is the fans target for next season. Seems to me a lot of people are forming opinions of Gow based on about ten mins football (in which he scored a good goal, admittedly against a poor side) from last season. If he does sign, and has a run of games and sustained fitness, I'm certain he would do well in the famous green and white jersey. **** me I wish hibs fans would givenew signings a chance. Comments of f##k Gow and he pish are a joke tbh. Sums up my feeling that a lot of football supporters know nothing of football... Keep the faith and GGTTH. TAL.

Seany HFC 7-0
21-07-2010, 01:51 PM

I remeber very clearly you were set on Stokes not coming to us last year and look what he done? Scored a rake of goals. :agree:

Tiocfaidh Ar La
21-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I sometimes feel that way about you and the guff you post on here...

Your not the only one neebor.

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I wanted Gow at Hibs when he was at Falkirk but then he went to Rangers. Really good player back then, did not see much of him when he was in England but good players dont turn crap over night. I would give him 6 months to prove he is back fit and is still the player he once was.

seanraff07
21-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd give him a short-term contract.

I think he'd benefit from going to the gym a little more often, you could tell last season that he was just far too lightweight.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2010, 02:07 PM
My only concern is he doesn't tick the box for the one thing our forward line lacks.....pace:confused:

J-C
21-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I think a few of you are all forgetting that when we were trying to sign him pre Rangers, we all said what a good addition he'd be etc etc. He came here not fully fit and picked up an injury to boot, get a good pre season under his belt and we should get a good player for just a signing on fee.

--------
21-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Clydebank is where he is from, so i suspect they could be the font of all knowledge on this.

Right. Well, in that case, there's likely to be truth in this.

Lots of "ifs" here - IF he can regain full fitness, IF he can regain the form he had when he was at Falkirk first time around, IF we can agree reasonable terms with him...

And who moves on to make way for him? :cool2:

Like I say, if he's fit and back to something like his original Falkirk form, I'd go for him.

If not.... NOT.

col02
21-07-2010, 02:17 PM
He can play a few positions so I would happily welcome him back at Hibs as if fit there is no doubting he is a decent player.

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Right. Well, in that case, there's likely to be truth in this.

Lots of "ifs" here - IF he can regain full fitness, IF he can regain the form he had when he was at Falkirk first time around, IF we can agree reasonable terms with him...

And who moves on to make way for him? :cool2:

Like I say, if he's fit and back to something like his original Falkirk form, I'd go for him.

If not.... NOT.

Ya think maybe Huhges just came out with the new stand and pitch comment so when it comes to discuss terms wi anyone(gow) he can say "look son, you wanna come here bit we huv just redecorated ken, so yer gittin nea signing on fee and the wage isnea gonna be whit ye want"

Kaiser_Sauzee
21-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Again.

poolman
21-07-2010, 02:37 PM

Dearie dearie me :bitchy:

--------
21-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Ya think maybe Huhges just came out with the new stand and pitch comment so when it comes to discuss terms wi anyone(gow) he can say "look son, you wanna come here bit we huv just redecorated ken, so yer gittin nea signing on fee and the wage isnea gonna be whit ye want"

Yup. It's called "not surrendering your bargaining position" and Yogi and Rod are very good at it.

Judas Iscariot
21-07-2010, 03:38 PM

Ok

Bookkeeper
21-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Gow was a good player at Falkirk but disappeared at the huns, not sure if it was lack of form, fitness or ambition or if he was just a victim of oldfirm asset stripping.

Have to say he seemed a bit chicken-hearted when he was with us last season, but again, might be because he was nursing an injury.

If he was fit and confident, would possibly be worth a punt as long as he was cheap:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
21-07-2010, 03:54 PM
I'd sign him just to **** off meeko:greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Changed days when he snubbed Hibs before he went to Rangers.

If he could recapture his form from his Falkirk days then i would be happy to give him another chance.

scoopyboy
21-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I'd give him a short-term contract.

I think he'd benefit from going to the gym a little more often, you could tell last season that he was just far too lightweight.

I think you need your eyes tested mate.

Gow has the best physique of all players that Hibs have. Lightweight he certainly is not.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2010, 04:04 PM
WHO? Did he ever play for us, was he good? I would have loved to see him play for us, Who is he???? Stay away Gow. you weren't that good when you came to us, no easy payments now your in the twighlight of your career. Hibs!!! do not get this man back. He was unforgettable, many will argue he deserves a chance due to him being injured last time here, NO NO NO NO. Let's invest in players who are less likely to be injured all the time. He is 28 now. and officially without a club. He has had a recurrence of a hamstring injury last I heard. It speaks a lot when even Brechin city aint chasing him. IMO this is a step back for Hibs. Why did we not keep him in the first place. Jones yes, Sproule yes, O Connor yes GOW NO NO NO NO NO NO

For 2 years i have been reading/reviewing and posting on this site....and i can honestly this post is by far the biggest heap of garbage i have ever read on here. :bitchy:

Walter
21-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't want Gow. I want a big ba*tard of a centre half.

Seany HFC 7-0
21-07-2010, 04:48 PM
[/B]

For 2 years i have been reading/reviewing and posting on this site....and i can honestly this post is by far the biggest heap of garbage i have ever read on here. :bitchy:

aye id agree with you on that mate

Speedway
21-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't want Gow. I want a big ba*tard of a centre half.

He's not answering his phone, apparently.

Walter
21-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Personaly I don't rate Bamba, so couldn't give two hoots about him. I want a no-nonsense centre half to organise the defence

greenlex
22-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Donald Findlay QC ?

jonny
22-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Im with you on this one.

This is a player who was released by PLYMOUTH ARGYLE because he wasn't good enough for them. Does that suggest he is the sort of player that we want. He was at Norwich on loan for a bit before he came to Hibs as well. Can anyone guess how he got on there.....

Id rather the wages were spent on bringing in an experienced centre half or left back

marinello59
22-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Im with you on this one.

This is a player who was released by PLYMOUTH ARGYLE because he wasn't good enough for them. Does that suggest he is the sort of player that we want. He was at Norwich on loan for a bit before he came to Hibs as well. Can anyone guess how he got on there.....

Id rather the wages were spent on bringing in an experienced centre half or left back

I really couldn't make a judgement on him based on what we saw when he was with us. Given that he was highly rated though before he left Scotland would suggest that there is a decent player there if he were to gain and retain full fitness for a lengthy period. IF that were the case then I would suggest he is just the type of player we want. Yogi knows him well, I'd tend to trust his judgment on this one. Liam Miller was released by QPR. He's done OK hasn't he?

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I really couldn't make a judgement on him based on what we saw when he was with us. Given that he was highly rated though before he left Scotland would suggest that there is a decent player there if he were to gain and retain full fitness for a lengthy period. IF that were the case then I would suggest he is just the type of player we want. Yogi knows him well, I'd tend to trust his judgment on this one. Liam Miller was released by QPR. He's done OK hasn't he?

:agree::top marks

Hibee_Lisa
22-07-2010, 10:29 AM

:agree: Find it impossible to judge him off of his loan spell with us. If he joins and is now fully fit I hope he can show us his worth and wish him the best of luck.

Expecting Rain
22-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I`d have Gow back in a minute, the real one that is, he was nowhere near fit and when he eventually did appear it was on the back of a terrible sequence of matches in which hardly anybody played well and the ER pitch was at its worst.

Dr Jimmy
22-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Im with you on this one.

The Norwich season ticket holder I know thought he was great when with them........does that answer your question or do you want to base your opinion on 3-4 games during the worst run in our history, playing on a cabbage patch of a pitch whilst not fully fit....:dunno:

Speedway
22-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Im with you on this one.

You capitalised as if to suggest that if Plymouth don't want him, he's not good enough for us. Are you suggesting that we have a better squad the PAFC. Please note that Stack wasn't wanted by them either, Hart wasn't wanted by PNE, Stephens wasn't wanted by Norwich, neither was Murray. Miller wasn't wanted by QPR. De Graaf not wanted by Brada. Smith not wanted by Brighton etc.

What's your point?

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2010, 11:13 AM
You capitalised as if to suggest that if Plymouth don't want him, he's not good enough for us. Are you suggesting that we have a better squad the PAFC. Please note that Stack wasn't wanted by them either, Hart wasn't wanted by PNE, Stephens wasn't wanted by Norwich, neither was Murray. Miller wasn't wanted by QPR. De Graaf not wanted by Brada. Smith not wanted by Brighton etc.

What's your point?

I always think a player released in lower case letters is not as good.

ionahibby
22-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Although i would give gow a chance with the likley departure of bamba i would hope getting a decent replacement for him would be top of yogi's agenda instead of gow!

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Although i would give gow a chance with the likley departure of bamba i would hope getting a decent replacement for him would top of yogi's agenda instead of gow!

Who have we brought in to replace Benji?

Speedway
22-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I always think a player released in lower case letters is not as good.

:agree:

jonny
22-07-2010, 11:54 AM

What's your point?

I do think we have a better squad than Plymouth. Norwich did want Stephens, he chose to come to Hibs because he reckons he'll get more 1st team football here. Smith was released by Brighton after a string of poor performances, IMO he's had several poor performances for us as well (do I have to remind you of the howlers in the 6-6 game) and I rate him as the worst goalkeeper at the club at the moment. It's like a bomb-scare every time he has to deal with a cross ball.
Murray, Miller and Stack have all proved they can do a job for us - although I do think that Murray is very slow and can see why he didnt make it in the Championship. There were perhaps other issues with Miller at QPR and Stack at Plymouth that have not been disclosed because I think that both are good enough to play at that level. Jury is still out on Hart, I saw him against Dunfermline and wasnt swayed one way or the other, I think he'll probably do well though.

My father-in-law is a big Norwich fan and reckoned Gow was absolutely shocking for them, he had a good laugh when I told him we'd signed him the first time (as he did when we signed Paul Dalglish). He also doesnt think much of Murray.

My point is that I think other areas of the squad are more important and that I think an injury prone, off-form (for about 3 years), player who cant get a game for a poor Championship side is not what we should be filling up our wage bill with.
I'm not the type of person to boo or jeer any Hibs player when they are playing for us and Gow is no different. It is just my opinion that he had a chance and played a few games and was very poor in all but one (against Montrose).

Speedway
22-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I do think we have a better squad than Plymouth. Norwich did want Stephens, he chose to come to Hibs because he reckons he'll get more 1st team football here. Smith was released by Brighton after a string of poor performances, IMO he's had several poor performances for us as well (do I have to remind you of the howlers in the 6-6 game) and I rate him as the worst goalkeeper at the club at the moment. It's like a bomb-scare every time he has to deal with a cross ball.
Murray, Miller and Stack have all proved they can do a job for us - although I do think that Murray is very slow and can see why he didnt make it in the Championship. There were perhaps other issues with Miller at QPR and Stack at Plymouth that have not been disclosed because I think that both are good enough to play at that level. Jury is still out on Hart, I saw him against Dunfermline and wasnt swayed one way or the other, I think he'll probably do well though.

My father-in-law is a big Norwich fan and reckoned Gow was absolutely shocking for them, he had a good laugh when I told him we'd signed him the first time (as he did when we signed Paul Dalglish). He also doesnt think much of Murray.

My point is that I think other areas of the squad are more important and that I think an injury prone, off-form (for about 3 years), player who cant get a game for a poor Championship side is not what we should be filling up our wage bill with.
I'm not the type of person to boo or jeer any Hibs player when they are playing for us and Gow is no different. It is just my opinion that he had a chance and played a few games and was very poor in all but one (against Montrose).

Do you think Gow would do well in the SPL?

jonny
22-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Do you think Gow would do well in the SPL?

I really dont think he would and thats why I dont see him as a good signing. He played in a few league games last season and from what I seen he never showed anything that would suggest otherwise. I know he perhaps wasnt fully fit or whatever but I never even seen a glimpse of potential.

NOLA
22-07-2010, 03:34 PM
if he is now fit, no harm in a 6-month deal?

Toaods
22-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't believe he is past it age wise but that he has peaked performance level wise.

...has the ability to change a game at SPL level but nowhere near as often as he used to and for that reason I wouldn't be dashing in with any spectacular offers, I'd leave him be as he will have visions on getting a decent contract somewhere.

If he struggles to find what he is looking for then I'd go back with a lower offer, the balls in our court on this one.

ionahibby
22-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Who have we brought in to replace Benji?

Why do we have to replace benji? I don't think goalscoring is our problem, defence on the other hand is!

IWasThere2016
22-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Benji played up front. Gow won't. He won't be a direct like for like replacement for Benji.