PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule

hibsdaft70
21-07-2010, 10:47 AM
What are the chances of me having just seen Ivan Sproule driving up Tranent High Street in the general direction of East Mains? Looked awfy like him driving an A4 convertible with Somerset plates( I googled them). Is it wishful thinking? 2+2=5 maybe?

Hibee87
21-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Does his wife/girlfriend not come form ediburgh or round about? more likely just visiting her family but you never know

H18sry
21-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Does his wife/girlfriend not come form ediburgh or round about? more likely just visiting her family but you never know

During pre-season :confused: strange if true :wink:

Hibee87
21-07-2010, 11:04 AM
he might be injured and not travelling with the squad whereve they may be, not saying he definatly wasnt seeing hibs but before another 3 page thread starts about him there could be a numebr of reasons why he would be up here

yekimevol
21-07-2010, 11:06 AM
bristol are playing there first preseason match today so if he plays then hes not here. if he is up then i would love to get him in the current squad because i feel that we dont have much pace.

Kaiser1962
21-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Maybe he's keeping Hartley company in his signing talks with the Yams.

sambajustice
21-07-2010, 11:20 AM
please god no!!!

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 11:24 AM
please god no!!!

What he said! :agree:

Kojock
21-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Maybe hes been sent to find Sol Bamba, did he check Greggs on Tranent High Street. :wink:

iwasthere1972
21-07-2010, 11:27 AM
bristol are playing there first preseason match today so if he plays then hes not here. if he is up then i would love to get him in the current squad because i feel that we dont have much pace.

It's not until 7.45pm and it's only in Torquay. Remember this is Ivan we're talking about.

Faster than a speeding bullet. :wink:

Wee Scottie Dug
21-07-2010, 12:19 PM
What are the chances of me having just seen Ivan Sproule driving up Tranent High Street in the general direction of East Mains? Looked awfy like him driving an A4 convertible with Somerset plates( I googled them). Is it wishful thinking? 2+2=5 maybe?

only time will tell I suppose ...... but I can't think of a single reason why he would be heading to
East Mains - will anybody from the club actually be there today??

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Somerset plates? A4? more likely to have been a tractor.....

no point in him going to East Mains as there's naebody there...... :rolleyes:

MrHibs1982
21-07-2010, 12:53 PM
maybe he's meeting up with Nicky Butt to do his coaching badges :offski:

ggth
21-07-2010, 01:27 PM
a seen Liam Milller driving a similar car with somerset plates last season in Tranent parked in a taxi rank

steviecarnie
21-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Why would nobody be there? Petrie i doubt will be in holland, the lawyers definately wont be in holland, the important people who do the deals will be at their desks.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Why would nobody be there? Petrie i doubt will be in holland, the lawyers definately wont be in holland, the important people who do the deals will be at their desks.

Thats very true.

HFC 0-7
21-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Somerset plates? A4? more likely to have been a tractor.....

I would imagine that if hibs were to sign him they would do a medical and would that not be done at east mains?

Wee Scottie Dug
21-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Are you sure they would be at East Mains (the Training Centre) though ...... My gut feel is that Mr Petrie would be in the chairmans office at the stadium (overseeing the East Stand build!) or does he have one at East Mains too? :confused:

jdships
21-07-2010, 02:05 PM
only time will tell I suppose ...... but I can't think of a single reason why he would be heading to
East Mains - will anybody from the club actually be there today??

U19 were training there this morning prior to their game against Craigroyston to night
:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I would imagine that if hibs were to sign him they would do a medical and would that not be done at east mains?

You're probably right.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 02:24 PM
U19 were training there this morning prior to their game against Craigroyston to night

is it a 7pm KO at St Marks?

random sub
21-07-2010, 05:40 PM

It is a training complex with pitches and sports facilities and the likes. Very little in the way of offices, just grass and a few sheds and in the middle of nowhere, so not sure why lawyers, petrie and the likes would be doing business there!!

Aubenas
21-07-2010, 08:38 PM
It is a training complex with pitches and sports facilities and the likes. Very little in the way of offices, just grass and a few sheds and in the middle of nowhere, so not sure why lawyers, petrie and the likes would be doing business there!!

That's strange cos when I toured it, it had, in addition to 'grass and a few sheds', a laundry, a kit room, a players lounge, a gym, a hydrotherapy pool, an indoor half pitch, a manager and coaches offices, Offices for Bill Hendry/Al. Stevenson, a press lounge, a dining room, first team dressing rooms, youth team dressing rooms and a reception area.

Have Scotdem been in there since I was there? :confused:

RoYO!
21-07-2010, 09:14 PM
That's strange cos when I toured it, it had, in addition to 'grass and a few sheds', a laundry, a kit room, a players lounge, a gym, a hydrotherapy pool, an indoor half pitch, a manager and coaches offices, Offices for Bill Hendry/Al. Stevenson, a press lounge, a dining room, first team dressing rooms, youth team dressing rooms and a reception area.

Have Scotdem been in there since I was there? :confused:

:thumbsup:

Fat Penlon
21-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Sproule was a sub in their game away to torquay tonight so looks highly unlikely he was in tranent earlier today.

:boo hoo:

Wee Scottie Dug
21-07-2010, 09:33 PM

I suspect it was just a look-a-like as Ivan was on the bench tonight for Bristol City at Torquay and although its not impossible to drive down from Tranent in the same day its extremely unlikely and perhaps not the best pre match preparation . . . :cool2:

another bit of conjecture bites the dust, dont you just hate pre-season!!!

:rolleyes:

Wee Scottie Dug
21-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Sproule was a sub in their game away to torquay tonight so looks highly unlikely he was in tranent earlier today.

beat me to it ...... damn I'm a slow typer!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 09:40 PM

He's a highly paid footballer so might have a nippy motor? :dunno:

Fat Penlon
21-07-2010, 09:42 PM
He's a highly paid footballer so might have a nippy motor? :dunno:

even so why would they have him on the bench if he had travelled all that way or was signing for us?

sixtwo
21-07-2010, 10:24 PM
:thumbsup:

silverhibee
21-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Murrayfield Hospital is where they do the medicals. :thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 11:17 PM
even so why would they have him on the bench if he had travelled all that way or was signing for us?

silverhibee
21-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Ivan Sproule will not sign for Hibs this summer, so get over it people he wont be coming back to Hibs.

End Off. :thumbsup: :agree:

Hibs On Tour
21-07-2010, 11:53 PM

Think his brother stays doon Dunbar way?

Dunbar Hibee
22-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Think his brother stays doon Dunbar way?

Think it's his cousins who live in Dunny.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Think it's his cousins who live in Dunny.

Ahhh... just remembered a pal from doon there saying he used to bump into him fairly regularly doon there!