PDA

View Full Version : Videoton - Europa League 1st game could be switched!

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Found this interesting and might possibly effect the way the draw has been made as Videoton play there European games at Gyor's stadium,

If Videoton win through they would not be able to play there home leg at Gyor ETO stadium on the 29th, Gyor are also in the Europa League and presently 2-0 up after the first leg, which was away from home, so favourites to progress, they also have been drawn with a home leg first in the next round.

Could this happen, could the game get moved!!

GlesgaeHibby
21-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Found this interesting and might possibly effect the way the draw has been made as Videoton play there European games at Gyor's stadium,

Surely they'd just have to find another venue? There would be an uproar, quite rightly, if they switched the ties so we had the home game first given that so many people have organised transport to the first leg, sinking a lot of money to do so.

Dalkeith
21-07-2010, 09:53 AM

been waiting for something to happen

its hibs, it will happen, everybodys travel plans up in the air

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Surely they'd just have to find another venue? There would be an uproar, quite rightly, if they switched the ties so we had the home game first given that so many people have organised transport to the first leg, sinking a lot of money to do so.

Another reason why the club haven't said anything about travel arrangements?

Kojock
21-07-2010, 09:59 AM
C,mon Maribor is all I can say. :wink:

I would think that it is highly unlikely the dates would be switched as Hibs have confirmed the home leg as being on the 5th Aug.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 09:59 AM

There is no info from Hibs or UEFA due to the tie being half played, in my opinion people who have booked up already have done so at there own risk. I believe fixtures have been switched before, so be cautious when thinking about booking......its the Hibs way!

Antifa Hibs
21-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Surely it would just be switched venues? There is bound to be another stadium in Hungary that is Uefa complient? What about Ferencvaros? Or even the national stadium in Budapest?

Hibs have the game down as August 5th, and have been selling tickets for that date!

GlesgaeHibby
21-07-2010, 10:22 AM
There is no info from Hibs or UEFA due to the tie being half played, in my opinion people who have booked up already have done so at there own risk. I believe fixtures have been switched before, so be cautious when thinking about booking......its the Hibs way!

UEFA made the fixture order clear at the draw. Hibs are selling tickets for the game at ER on the 5th. It would be much easier for Videton to be forced to find another stadium to play at in Hungary IMO.

Doubt we'll have to worry about this though, I expect Maribor to qualify.

Dalkeith
21-07-2010, 10:26 AM
UEFA made the fixture order clear at the draw. Hibs are selling tickets for the game at ER on the 5th. It would be much easier for Videton to be forced to find another stadium to play at in Hungary IMO.

Doubt we'll have to worry about this though, I expect Maribor to qualify.

panic over guys
http://www.vidi.hu/videoton-will-play-the-next-round-at-home-if-they-go-through.html

Despite news to the contrarory, Videoton will play the next round home game at the Sostoi stadium, in the event that they go through to the 3rd round qualifying stage. Videoton were forced to use the home ground of Győri ETO, as their own stadium had a new pitch laid during the summer. The Club's Managing Director, Sandor Berzi, confirmed the news to the Videoton website. The Hungarian Football Association have also relayed the news to UEFA, with the potential home game kicking off at 20:30pm.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 10:29 AM
panic over guys
http://www.vidi.hu/videoton-will-play-the-next-round-at-home-if-they-go-through.html

Despite news to the contrarory, Videoton will play the next round home game at the Sostoi stadium, in the event that they go through to the 3rd round qualifying stage. Videoton were forced to use the home ground of Győri ETO, as their own stadium had a new pitch laid during the summer. The Club's Managing Director, Sandor Berzi, confirmed the news to the Videoton website. The Hungarian Football Association have also relayed the news to UEFA, with the potential home game kicking off at 20:30pm.

Good find, I knew someone would come up with something. :greengrin