PDA

View Full Version : Boozy fails medical at Killie

H18sry
21-07-2010, 09:01 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8840540.stm :cool2:

J-C
21-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Unfortunately injuries have caught up with him, he should start thinking about retiring if his body isn't up to the task any more.

BSEJVT
21-07-2010, 09:37 AM
For those of you that have derided Boozy in recent weeks, you may do well to remember that he received those injuries playing for Hibs and maybe cut the guy a bit of slack?

Jim44
21-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Beuzelin should have accepted the one year contract at Coventry when he had the chance. His demise since leaving them has been swift.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Beuzelin should have accepted the one year contract at Coventry when he had the chance. His demise since leaving them has been swift.

He wasn't offered the extra one year though, thats the reason he is where he is now.

Shaggy
21-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I feel for the guy.
When he was in form with hibs he was fantastic for us.

PeeJay
21-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Sorry to hear this - people complain about excessively paid footballers, who have no loyalty or who are just in it for the money, but surely this is the other side of the coin? A young guy now almost at the end of his career through injury. He was a fine footballer IMO.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 09:50 AM
He left us and got his final big payday. He will just have to get a normal job now. Decent player in his day.

DC_Hibs
21-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry to hear this - people complain about excessively paid footballers, who have no loyalty or who are just in it for the money, but surely this is the other side of the coin? A young guy now almost at the end of his career through injury. He was a fine footballer IMO.

He has had 10 or 12 years as a pro footballer so there are plenty worse off.

Fingers crossed he gets over the injury problem though and has another few years left yet as he was a fine player for Hibs.

Jim44
21-07-2010, 09:52 AM
He wasn't offered the extra one year though, thats the reason he is where he is now.

My understanding is that he was offered a one year contract but as it was not an improvement on his old one and/or he wanted a longer cotract, he rejected it.:dunno:

scott7_0(Prague)
21-07-2010, 10:01 AM
My understanding is that he was offered a one year contract but as it was not an improvement on his old one and/or he wanted a longer cotract, he rejected it.:dunno:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2009/06/22/guillaume-beuzelin-set-to-leave-coventry-city-92746-23942381/

Petrie's Tache
21-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Would like to see Boozy given a chance coaching at Hibs within the youth system and a figure around east mains. He is said to be a "character" and we know JH loves these types to be around.

sambajustice
21-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Would like to see Boozy given a chance coaching at Hibs within the youth system and a figure around east mains. He is said to be a "character" and we know JH loves these types to be around.

What we need at East Mains is Sauzee, Latapy and Collins!

All or any combination! Then we'd start seeing some decent young teams coming through!

iwasthere1972
21-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Will always have fond memories of Boozy and wish him well.

Decent guy who showed total respect for us while here.....unlike Big Bamba.

Petrie's Tache
21-07-2010, 11:42 AM

All or any combination! Then we'd start seeing some decent young teams coming through!

:notworthy:

hibsbollah
21-07-2010, 11:59 AM
He has had 10 or 12 years as a pro footballer so there are plenty worse off.

Thats true, but its a short career and learning a new trade at 30 is quite daunting. It must be devastating news, especially as he's just had a second child in Scotland and supports a young family.

One of my favourite players on his day, and a total gentleman. Come on the Boozy:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
21-07-2010, 12:01 PM

And the ironic thing is that he received the serious injury whilst playing for Hibs at Kilmarnock.
He was never the same player after that.

rubber mal
21-07-2010, 12:09 PM
If he's failed a medical at a club which employs David Fernandez he must be practically disabled.

Seriously though, big fan of Boozy and I hope he gets something sorted out.

Aldo
21-07-2010, 12:29 PM
For those of you that have derided Boozy in recent weeks, you may do well to remember that he received those injuries playing for Hibs and maybe cut the guy a bit of slack?

And IIRC it was against Killie he knackered his knee (cruciate) I think.

--------
21-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Thats true, but its a short career and learning a new trade at 30 is quite daunting. It must be devastating news, especially as he's just had a second child in Scotland and supports a young family.

One of my favourite players on his day, and a total gentleman. Come on the Boozy:thumbsup:

:agree: Mowbray signed him, saying that when we saw him he would prove to be someone a little bit special. He was absolutely right. IIRC his first injury was against Dunfermline at ER - he was running the game until he was clogged quite deliberately and stretchered off. He came back but was never quite the same player, IMO, and then he was clattered again at Kilmarnock (thank you very much, Fat Jumbo) and that was more or less that.

A classic example of a genuinely gifted footballer being kicked out of the game by huddies.

I would agree he'd make an excellent addition to our coaching staff, though whether we have a vacancy's the question.

woodythehibee
21-07-2010, 01:19 PM

yeah, at Rugby Park :agree:

BSEJVT
21-07-2010, 01:22 PM
It was, I was there.

Was that the Dylan Kerr "who are you" game?:greengrin

One of my all time favourite memories as a Hibs Supporter

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Should never have left hibs, for every player who leaves to go on to bigger things there are 2 who probably wish they had stayed. As the saying goes "you dont know what youve got til its gone"

Si_17
21-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Yup. It was that prick Naismith..wasn't even booked if I remember right.

Terrible shame if this is the beginning of the end for Boozy, he'll always remain one of my favourite players.

Number69
21-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I remember Boozy signing my sons programme before a game V Aberdeen at ER, couldnt even say the "Do you have a pen" but I knew what he meant :thumbsup:

seanraff07
21-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe it is time for Boozy to step aside before he gets another real bad injury which would certainly put him out of the game for good.

I agree that it would be brilliant to get him involved in coaching within our youth system.:agree:

vanNISHtelroy
21-07-2010, 02:29 PM
If he's failed a medical at a club which employs David Fernandez he must be practically disabled.

Seriously though, big fan of Boozy and I hope he gets something sorted out.

That is what shows JJ is away, "oh you've failed your medical, have a three year deal" doesn't look like happening any more.

Its a shame for Boozy, thought he could have been good squad player (wouldn't play every game due to injuries) but oh well.

Bookkeeper
21-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Agreed :agree:

Broken Gnome
21-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Yup. It was that prick Naismith..wasn't even booked if I remember right.

Terrible shame if this is the beginning of the end for Boozy, he'll always remain one of my favourite players.

It wasn't even a free kick to be fair, nor should it have been....

Walter
21-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Was it Boozy that Mogga took off in his trial because when he realised how good he was he didn't want anyone else to find out?

--------
21-07-2010, 05:20 PM
It wasn't even a free kick to be fair, nor should it have been....

Well, the one he took against Dunfermline was. It was a shocker, and no, the perp wasn't booked.

Was it Boozy that Mogga took off in his trial because when he realised how good he was he didn't want anyone else to find out?

Yup. Big question how things would have gone for Mowbray if he'd had Boozy available throughout his time at ER. A huge loss.

Broken Gnome
21-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Well, the one he took against Dunfermline was. It was a shocker, and no, the perp wasn't booked.

That was Gary Mason at ER I think? Original injury was through nastiness, the more serious one at Kilmarnock through misfortune.

DH1875
22-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Real shame. Just found out today and hope he gets somethin sorted.

HibbyAndy
22-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Boozy eh.

Everytime i think of the man i think of THAT goal against the Tramps at ER in the ubeatable game.Gave me the happiest ever derby win in my puff.

Whatever path you choose in your life Boozy i hope its the right choice for you and your young family.

Top top bloke and a true Hibee.

Sloppy
22-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Boozy eh.

Everytime i think of the man i think of THAT goal against the Tramps at ER in the ubeatable game.Gave me the happiest ever derby win in my puff.

Whatever path you choose in your life Boozy i hope its the right choice for you and your young family.

Top top bloke and a true Hibee.
:thumbsup::top marks

Hal Jordan
22-07-2010, 08:14 PM

If we want our young laddies on 40-a-day. :rolleyes:

M11BMO
13-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Quick update on the Boozy situation for anyone that's interested.

He's still on the look out for a new club but it seems unlikely until he has a further knee op. He was at my game last night, Scottish Gas vs Pathhead and is looking to do his coatching badges with us to fill the gap at the moment.

Judas Iscariot
13-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Quick update on the Boozy situation for anyone that's interested.

He's still on the look out for a new club but it seems unlikely until he has a further knee op. He was at my game last night, Scottish Gas vs Pathhead and is looking to do his coatching badges with us to fill the gap at the moment.

Get him signed up for the Hibs.net team :agree: