View Full Version : Motherwell departures

Cocaine&Caviar
21-07-2010, 08:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8839701.stm

Looks as though Reynolds is off, in addition to:

Ruddy > Norwich
Jutkiewicz > Coventry
Coke > Sheff Wed

Four player crucial to their success last year, could be a tough season for them next year.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-07-2010, 09:38 AM
craig brown is a coffin dodger.

Ross4356
21-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Hahaha

Thanks for that

Leith Green
21-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Hahaha ... Class!

heretoday
21-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Jutkiewicz is off on another loan I see. I don't understand Moyesie's policy re this guy. He's merited a place in the full Everton squad I'd say.

Cocaine&Caviar
21-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Jutkiewicz is off on another loan I see. I don't understand Moyesie's policy re this guy. He's merited a place in the full Everton squad I'd say.

Because he's done pretty well in a poor SPL league, to compete with the likes of Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe, Vaughan, and Beckford, in a club that usually operates with only one striker?

heretoday
22-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Because he's done pretty well in a poor SPL league, to compete with the likes of Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe, Vaughan, and Beckford, in a club that usually operates with only one striker?

Yeah but what's the point of keeping a guy out on loan for two seasons? Anyway, I'd question the
quality of Anichebe, Vaughan and the Yak.

Everton have got a striking problem. Beckford and the other new guys may provide a solution but I reckon Jutkiewicz merits the chance to prove himself.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Dont wanna get distracted with this thread, or go starting arguments, but I just cant agree.

Yeah but what's the point of keeping a guy out on loan for two seasons?

As previously mentioned he's done pretty well in the SPL, but the gulf in quality between that and the Prem, its logical to have another loan spell at a higher level to test his talents even further before throwing him in at the deep end, and the championship is another step. Having a further run of games may also help his international ambitions with either Ireland or Poland, as playing 5 or so starts a year and a few sub appearances wouldnt get him noticed.

Anyway, I'd question the quality of Anichebe, Vaughan and the Yak.

I mentioned Vaughan and Anichebe because they're both similar in age, but both have played far more first team games in their careers at the top level, Vaughan nearly 50 games, and Anichebe nearly 80, aswell as International experience with Nigeria.

Over the summer so far they have already brought in young forwards Joao Silva, Gueye and have the also highly rated Jose Baxter.

Everton have got a striking problem. Beckford and the other new guys may provide a solution but I reckon Jutkiewicz merits the chance to prove himself.

I really cant see a striker problem, for a team that consistently play with only one up front, and one of Cahill, Pienaar, Fellaini, Arteta etc in behind, they have lots of options. Saha is a top class player, but fitness is a problem, and Yakubu has proven time and time again in the prem that he can score goals in that league, hense his £11m price tag.

Franck is God
22-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Our main contenders last season for the Euro places were Motherwell and Dundee United and in both sides their top performers were either on loan or were playing in their last season for their respective clubs.

Dundee United got the reward of the Scottish Cup as a fantastic memory and perhaps a bit of money for a few players leaving to help out their financial issues.

Motherwell did make it into Europe as a result of United winning the cup so will do alright too.

We were effectively building a new team with a new manager yet still finished fourth and of all the teams in the SPL next season look most likely to push on, we're not miles ahead or anything but apart from maybe Bamba leaving will have strengthened our squad this summer.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Our main contenders last season for the Euro places were Motherwell and Dundee United and in both sides their top performers were either on loan or were playing in their last season for their respective clubs.

Dundee United got the reward of the Scottish Cup as a fantastic memory and perhaps a bit of money for a few players leaving to help out their financial issues.

Motherwell did make it into Europe as a result of United winning the cup so will do alright too.

We were effectively building a new team with a new manager yet still finished fourth and of all the teams in the SPL next season look most likely to push on, we're not miles ahead or anything but apart from maybe Bamba leaving will have strengthened our squad this summer.

:top marks

Give that man an optimism biscuit!

Lovin' your thinking.

JohnScott
22-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Hilarious right enough:yawn:

sixtwo
22-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I think St johnstone will be dark horses next year and will be difficult to beat. They have a good young manager and a solid team with some really experienced players. They have signed a couple of strikers too

Hamilton are in a similar position to Motherwell. They done reasonably well last year but have lost some quality players and will be weaker this season as a result!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2010, 04:20 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about a new runway in Motherwell for the ITA Flight to leave from!