PDA

View Full Version : Bamba Doesn't Turn Up For Training.................

luxjock
21-07-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100721/souleymane-bamba_2262950_2097400
:bye:

Hibstrooper
21-07-2010, 07:51 AM
For some reason this isn't a big surprise however still very disappointing.

Poor show big man :bitchy:

Diclonius
21-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Regardless of whether he is to leave soon or not, you do not undermine your club. Not only is that blatantly disrespectful but is it also ****ting on every single supporter who has contributed to your income in one way or another.

Unless there is a good reason then if Bamba does not apologise and ends up staying at the club then he will recieve a frosty reception from me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-07-2010, 07:56 AM

:agree:

SaulGoodman
21-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Dissapointing from the big man :bitchy:

Wont be as sad to see the back of him now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I was going to say that maybes we shouldn't jump the gun on this, but if it is on the official site then it is there for a reason. I really don't understand this at all. Whether it is good or bad practice, there is no real debate about whether Bamba would be allowed to move on to bigger and better things if the opportunity comes along. That's the way that the club is run and makes us an attractive option for players.

CallumLaidlaw
21-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Sol is a current hibs hero of mine, but I'm really disappointed by this news. Really class-less from Bamba. Hibs have given him a platform to a bigger stage and he has thrown it back in our face :bitchy:

pentlando
21-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Looking forward to hearing this excuse, also credit to the club for coming out and letting the fans know exactly whats happening. Too often this sort of thing is in the papers days before the club says anything about it:agree:

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I wonder if we have refused a bid, and Bamba is not happy?

IndieHibby
21-07-2010, 08:03 AM
While I am tempted to agree with the sentiment expressed so far, I would rather hear what he has to say before passing judgment.

If he hasn't turned up because he knows a deal for his transfer is done and dusted, then he has no excuse for not meeting his current employer's deadlines.

If he hasn't turned up due to unfortunate circumstances (family problems, emergencies etc) that are outwith his control, then, as a Hibs player, I wouldn't want to jump-the-gun. He could have called Yogi though.....

Either way, doesn't look good for our defence for next year. Stephens looks good from what I have seen, but we need to buy in some experience/quality if we are to improve next season....

Leith Green
21-07-2010, 08:05 AM
What an arrogant piece of ****

persevere1875
21-07-2010, 08:07 AM

Or is it just that the aforementioned Mr Bamba currently believe's his own hype too much, I think ive said in previous threads that in my opinion, any player who comes out in the foreign press continually quoting interest from other premiership based clubs and his desire to join them whilst he's collecting his wage from Hibs shows little regard for the club that put him in that position, as my granda used to say, Hanging's too good for him, its a good foot up the arse he needs

zlatan
21-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Strange article to throw up on the main site, can't recall ourselves or anyone else putting up a dedicated story about a player not turning up for training.

By all means drop it in the evening news or something but to come straight out with this seems to be Hibs publicly transfer listing him, imo.

persevere1875
21-07-2010, 08:10 AM
While I am tempted to agree with the sentiment expressed so far, I would rather hear what he has to say before passing judgment.

If he hasn't turned up because he knows a deal for his transfer is done and dusted, then he has no excuse for not meeting his current employer's deadlines.

If he hasn't turned up due to unfortunate circumstances (family problems, emergencies etc) that are outwith his control, then, as a Hibs player, I wouldn't want to jump-the-gun. He could have called Yogi though.....

Either way, doesn't look good for our defence for next year. Stephens looks good from what I have seen, but we need to buy in some experience/quality if we are to improve next season....

Sorry but this doesnt wash, I wouldnt accept this from my under 16 team, its 2010 for gods sake, how many methods of communication do we have

PeeJay
21-07-2010, 08:11 AM
I think we're best advised to wait and see the reasons for his non-appearance. If no-one knows where he is and why he's not appeared, we should at least give him the opportunity to explain.
It's not professional of course and is extremely disrespectful towards his club, fellow players and the fans - but I feel we should wait and see what he says first?

Owain_1987
21-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Unless he as a very good reason I hope Yogi tells him were to go and he never wears the green again.

CallumLaidlaw
21-07-2010, 08:12 AM

Of course he could have. We've all had emergencies or bad news, but all manage to contact our workplace to let them know whats going on.

rainman
21-07-2010, 08:15 AM
With Hibs putting it on the website, I would expect this to be the end for Bamba at Hibs.

Shame, but he always has been too big for his boots. Kinda got away with it because he's f***ing minted!

Hibbyradge
21-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I wonder where he is. I hope he's ok.

J-C
21-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Hibs take him from obscurity at Dunfermline, give him a pedestal to show his talents, transfers to bigger clubs being mentioned and he sticks 2 fingers up at Hibs and the supporters, thought the lad had more class than this. :grr::bye:

Owain_1987
21-07-2010, 08:18 AM
With Hibs putting it on the website, I would expect this to be the end for Bamba at Hibs.

Shame, but he always has been too big for his boots. Kinda got away with it because he's f***ing minted!

You say that but he can also be a bit of a bomb scare and likes to run with the ball in his own box and loses out on silly challenges.

TRC
21-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Well Der Hun just sold wilson to Liverpool, they may be sniffing about. But if I were a conspiracy monger I would say the club may have released this info to make the supporters not feel so bad about his leaving. Just a thought however, I doubt the club would be so sneaky

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Maybe he just has a touch of laryngitis?

Andy74
21-07-2010, 08:20 AM
The guy isn't fit to wear the green. We've bent over backwards for the guy. Let's hope we can sell him quickly and get a replacement in.

When you read the lengths people are going to for travel to the games this attitude from a well paid and well looked after player makes you sick.

zlatan
21-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh god we aren't going to all get all high and mighty over this and bring out all the boak inducing cliches like we did with Benji last year?

degenerated
21-07-2010, 08:26 AM

reducing our expectations before accepting a bid that is a whole lot less than some of the dreamers thought we would get for him.

hibhib7
21-07-2010, 08:26 AM

Either way, doesn't look good for our defence for next year. Stephens looks good from what I have seen, but we need to buy in some experience/quality if we are to improve next season....It only emphasises what I keep saying - we need a solid, experienced centre-half. Stephens could well turn out to be a great find but Hogg is dodgy and (really hope I'm wrong here), from what I've seen of Hanlon, he doesn't look ready either, and doesn't look as if he could domineer big strikers.

.Sean.
21-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Blantant disregard for the club in general, not just Yogi. Can't be tolerated. GTF Bamba and get yer heid out your erse.

scoopyboy
21-07-2010, 08:30 AM
If you cast your mind back to last season when Yogi was on about poor trainers and he would make decisions for the sake of the club that wouldn't be popular. Bamba and Benji were the worst two culprits.

Bamba was a big part of our first defeat at Hamilton last year, huge ruck at the training on the Saturday and Yogi boobed by picking him on the Sunday. This is also what Hogg was getting at when he was dropped.

Bamba also threw a spanner in the works prior to our 0-0 draw at Tynecastle, again through an incident at training. He didn't even turn up at the ground.

It was always Hibs plan to sell him during this window.

Wembley67
21-07-2010, 08:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Slight over-reaction possibly?

:faf:

Lets now hear the good riddance, he was never good enough to play for us etc etc :top marks

Golden Bear
21-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I think I'm right in saying that there was also an issue with Bamba around the time of the New Year Derby last season.

Did he not turn up for training or simply decide that he wasn't going to play because he was scheduled to go away with the Ivory Coast?

zlatan

Lets now hear the good riddance, he was never good enough to play for us etc etc :top marks

We've already had several GTF's and a not fit to wear the green, next up has got to be a how dare he do this to my club speech.

basehibby
I'd be annoyed enough about this, but the fact it comes just a week before the first game of the season which just happens to be a European tie makes it a downright betrayal of the club, the fans and his teammates - disgusted! :grr::grr::grr:

ginger_rice
21-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Got a real feeling of Deja vu here, this appears to me to a common occurrence with some of our "overseas" players. Perhaps it's an accepted way of doing business in some parts of the footballing world?

sambajustice
21-07-2010, 08:34 AM
I've never thought he was as good as a) most people on here said he was and b)he made himself out to be.

Regardless of whether this news came out or not I wouldnt be disappointed to see the back of him.

this is obviously something that has been brewing for a few days as Hughes has been making a couple of noises over the last few days about some players possibly having to move on.

One poster said this might have been released to make us not feel so bad about him leaving, well there's no need for Hibs to do that, I dont feel bad about him leaving anyway! I'll chip in for a one way ticket to wherever he wants to go...

We'll still have to strengthen our defence though!

Wembley67
21-07-2010, 08:36 AM
We've already had several GTF's and a not fit to wear the green, next up has got to be a how dare he do this to my club speech.

Fair do's, only scanned through as you just know the majority of pish thats going to be spouted.

In my eyes, yeah what he has done is crap but until the club have made contact there is no point in going :grr:, not exactly the end of the world :cool2:

trev the hat
21-07-2010, 08:36 AM

Minted :bitchy: have to disagree with you. At this moment in time i reckon Hibs are to big for bamba.Taken from obscurity from the pars,given handsome wages at a prestigous club.:grr:
He was given an additional 2wk to be with his family after basically half a dozen training sessions in S Africa. He seems to have Drogba syndrome. The sooner he deflates his barnet and gets on with doing what he does REASONABLY well the better for him.
Personally i would rather he had left before the WC. As i remember too well cringing a few times last season when he thought he was Baresi or Sauzee. Worlds apart Sol. Sort it out !!!!!!!
If its for personal reasons ( doubtful ) i retract.:confused:

mjhibby
21-07-2010, 08:41 AM
If you cast your mind back to last season when Yogi was on about poor trainers and he would make decisions for the sake of the club that wouldn't be popular. Bamba and Benji were the worst two culprits.

Bamba was a big part of our first defeat at Hamilton last year, huge ruck at the training on the Saturday and Yogi boobed by picking him on the Sunday. This is also what Hogg was getting at when he was dropped.

Bamba also threw a spanner in the works prior to our 0-0 draw at Tynecastle, again through an incident at training. He didn't even turn up at the ground.

It was always Hibs plan to sell him during this window.

If it was always the intention to sell him i presume yogi has someone in mind to repace him as im sure even after giving the pars they are due the cb will make upwards of £750,00 on any deal.Add to that the fletcher money of around £7500,000 then surely yogi can be able to get another ch bar stephens who im sure is a good prospect but wont be ready for a good while yet.Should make things interesting over the next few days.Please dont let us be caught out with the bamba situation if it was always our intention to sell him and we dont want to hear yogi saying we have enough cover for him him if/when bamba goes.Obviously yogi can only do so much with bambas alleged behaviour but if this has been simmering for so long then yogi must have something in mind although bamba wont be going anywhere until hibs gets a good offer for him.
The good news is of course there is still 5/6 weeks of the window left so heres hoping either bamba screws the nut or we get one out one in asap.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't buy players from that part of the world, we just don't get value for money imho.

DaveF
21-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Good player, crap attitude. (not just at this moment, but ever since he got here)

Shame it has come to this, but let's move him on (for both parties sake) and get whatever money we can for him.

DC_Hibs
21-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't buy players from that part of the world, we just don't get value for money imho.

Got to agree, Lilian Martin, Freddie Arpignon, Alex Marinkov, Hakim Sar and Fabrice Henry were pretty medicore with Sauzee and Zitelli only a little better. And that Pierre Cormack was an utter disgrace.

Or did you mean from Fife?

DaveF
21-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Aye, Fife isn't what it used to be......

Keith_M
21-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I think there's more to this than Bamba not turning up on a given day. The fact that Yogi's quoted as saying "...it's frustrating that we will now enter the European arena without one of our experienced players." says to me that Bamba is now out of his plans, which wouldn't be the case over one incident.

If he is leaving, I hope the club get enough time for a replacement ,as we need someone with his physical stature in defence.

7Hero
21-07-2010, 08:51 AM

good riddance :top marks

sahib
21-07-2010, 08:52 AM
This article is very odd. It could be that they felt it would come out in the press anyway but what happened to Hibs carry out business behind closed doors etc. This is spin, calculated to generate the type of response seen in these posts.

blackpoolhibs
Got to agree, Lilian Martin, Freddie Arpignon, Alex Marinkov, Hakim Sar and Fabrice Henry were pretty medicore with Sauzee and Zitelli only a little better. And that Pierre Cormack was an utter disgrace.

Or did you mean from Fife?

Aye, Fife isn't what it used to be......

The proof is in the pudding.

Danderhall Hibs

You don't get value for money for any player when they start forcing the clubs hand like this.

Jaz
21-07-2010, 08:53 AM
The most interesting part of the announcement for me is that Yogi has clearly counted him out of the Europa League game:

"...it's frustrating that we will now enter the European arena without one of our experienced players."

Minds have been made up. For me this suggests the end of the road for Bamba. :bye:

Danderhall Hibs
21-07-2010, 08:54 AM
This article is very odd. It could be that they felt it would come out in the press anyway but what happened to Hibs carry out business behind closed doors etc. This is spin, calculated to generate the type of response seen in these posts.

Maybe there's not been much (or any) interest in him so this is a publicity generator?

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 08:55 AM
You don't get value for money for any player when they start forcing the clubs hand like this.

I bet he's a muslim too.

M11BMO
21-07-2010, 08:57 AM
No player is bigger than the club.

Goodbye Bamba :bye:

GlesgaeHibby
21-07-2010, 08:59 AM
The most interesting part of the announcement for me is that Yogi has clearly counted him out of the Europa League game:

"...it's frustrating that we will now enter the European arena without one of our experienced players."

Minds have been made up. For me this suggests the end of the road for Bamba. :bye:

Yogi had to make that decision. We've bent over backwards to give him extra time off, and he can't even show up for training, or get in touch with the club to explain why he can't make it.

No player is bigger than the club, and Yogi is spot on with this.

Westie1875
21-07-2010, 09:00 AM
yogi is right to count him out of next weeks game, his attitude stinks and as others have already said, this is not the first time.

MB62
21-07-2010, 09:00 AM

And if he does return to play for the Hibees, this will be EXACTLY the excuse that gets churned out.

Hope his wages have been suspended until he makes contact at least.

stubru59
21-07-2010, 09:01 AM
You'd like to think that before the club put this on the official site, they'd asked for reasons why Bamba didn't turn up.

No answer, or a non plausible one, has led the club to conclude - rightly - that he's at it.

Booked4Being-Ugly
21-07-2010, 09:01 AM
As a Bamba fan i'm very disappointed in the big man. Hibs have bent over backward to accommodate him and he has just rubbed our noses in it .

He's always seemed to be a bit of a diva though and he obviously has illusions of grandeur.

I asked where Bamba was on another thread as i had a funny feeling one way or another Bamba would not be in Holland, although i thought it was more likely Hibs would be trying to sell him.

The sooner he's punted the better!

Keith_M
21-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I bet he's a muslim too.

A Muslim Fifer? What were the club thinking?

:bitchy:

Bishop Hibee
21-07-2010, 09:03 AM

This comment sums it up for me. Unfortunately with his non first team appearance at the World Cup his value will have decreased and anything around £750K will be good business.

Board members and players come and go. It is us, the fans, who really are Hibernian FC.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Why would the club want to generate this type of response from the fans?

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 09:05 AM
A Muslim Fifer? What were the club thinking?

:bitchy:

Can someone help me get this huge hook out? :faf:

Tricla
21-07-2010, 09:10 AM
If Sol is away and we don't have anyone experienced in line to replace him I'd be happy to put Hanlon in there in his place.

Some of us are saying he's not ready but he has to start somewhere.

Perhaps this would be a better idea if he were being blooded next to someone else other than Hoggy.

legends of 73
21-07-2010, 09:15 AM

i can't believe i'm agreeing with you pap him out the door can't be arsed with guys who think they can treat the club like that.

If anyone did that after their annual leave i bet yer boss would have you hung drawn and quatered

(anyway why are you on here and not changing nappies etc:greengrin)

Jack Timson
21-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Poor show Bamba - the World Cup has obviously went to your head. :grr:

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 09:20 AM
If Sol is away and we don't have anyone experienced in line to replace him I'd be happy to put Hanlon in there in his place.

Some of us are saying he's not ready but he has to start somewhere.

Perhaps this would be a better idea if he were being blooded next to someone else other than Hoggy.

:agree: I'd be worried about playing a whole season with the 2 kids and Hogg as our central defenders. Stephens and Hanlon might be very good youngsters, but playing with Hogg imho wont help them much.:boo hoo:

Jim44
21-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Point 1. How can a deal be done and dusted when the club is not involved? If they were involved, they wouldn't be moaning about him on the front page.

Point 2. No excuses whatsoever for this situation to arise.

The guy is totally out of order and I hope the club slap a huge fine on his leaving salary, as the club has no viable option but to sell him. In the unlikely event of the club being landed with the unhappy, arrogant t0sser, I hope he gets the reception he deserves.

In the event of me being wrong and way off beam on this one, I wouldn't retract a single word as in the year 2010, communication is the simplest act.

Captain Trips
21-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Once again in football we have a player whom as things stand at the moment has disrespected the club and fans.

So the only practical solution when this happens is to sell the player on as the player appears to not be interested, these incidents tend to happen when a player wants away and the punishment for the player? the player gets exactly what he wants.

If a player knows he is worth money and he wants away they can basically do what they like as the only punishment they get is sold on to earn more money which is what they want and this makes it happen quicker its a win/win for a player.

This will end with Sol Bamba pobably getting everything he wants with a bit of a hard time on here which I dont think will bother him in slightest, so we can say GTF or say not bigger than the club, all music to his ears, once we are all pissed off expidite the move even quicker.

Drop the player into reserves and say no transfer would cut out this, but it will never really happen as I said these guys know the money they can make on a transfer and we know it too.

As per usual act like a phanny and get rewarded, hate how football works sometimes.

Jim44
21-07-2010, 09:34 AM

First point :agree:. Second point :confused: did he receive a family inheritance,'cos he hasn't earned anything to speak of from football.

Oscar Lomax
21-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Well you all know what i think of him :greengrin

squire
21-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Ho hum im disappointed Sol hasnt turned up on the agreed date yet again but not at all suprised. It seems to be one of his favourite games. Didnt his passport get allegedly stolen in Paris on the way back from the African Nations? (or am i mistaking him for a player at another UK club?) It's sailing a bit close to the wind here but a lot of African players go AWOL for a day or two after international duty.

Unfortunately the writing is on the wall with the club immediately publicising the situation which suggests he's already had his yellow card from referee Petrie and will soon get his marching orders.

MSK
21-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Ho hum im disappointed Sol hasnt turned up on the agreed date yet again but not at all suprised. It seems to be one of his favourite games. Didnt his passport get allegedly stolen in Paris on the way back from the African Nations? (or am i mistaking him for a player at another UK club?) It's sailing a bit close to the wind here but a lot of African players go AWOL for a day or two after international duty.

Unfortunately the writing is on the wall with the club immediately publicising the situation which suggests he's already had his yellow card from referee Petrie and will soon get his marching orders.Im sure that was Boughera ...:agree:

Purehibee_MYB
21-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I love Sol and this has hurt me to the core

squire
21-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Im sure that was Boughera ...:agree:

Thanks moosh

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Could well be that he has a club lined up that will be playing in europe and does not want to get cup tied?

Leith Green
21-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I have a sneaky wee feeling that he will end up at rangers, he won't be ineligible for europe as things stand and it seems an awffy wierd thing hibs have done by making an official statement on the club website, wouldn't surprise me if this is to avoid a fans backlash because he is gonna be going west! Summit more than meets the eye here me thinks!

H18sry
21-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I think there's more to this than Bamba not turning up on a given day. The fact that Yogi's quoted as saying "...it's frustrating that we will now enter the European arena without one of our experienced players." says to me that Bamba is now out of his plans, which wouldn't be the case over one incident.

If he is leaving, I hope the club get enough time for a replacement ,as we need someone with his physical stature in defence.

That says to me We are not going to cup-tie him for European compititions, therefore he can sign for any club with European ties forthcoming :wink:

ahibby
21-07-2010, 10:00 AM
ah politics at play then. Its curious that Rangers have been mentioned. Gets thumped 1-4 at home and its all smiles and hand shakes from him at the end of the game. It better not be Rangers. If I played in a game were I lost at home a might well shake hands but smile and laugh, never. GTF if it's Rangers your going to Sol but meantime get back were you belong or get no fn wages!

Simon70
21-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Agreed. This sort of megaphone diplomacy is an odd move from Hibs.

TowerHibs
21-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see him at Ibrox next year. They're desperate, so his attitude won't really put them off.

All this has done is hurt both the club and bamba. U think tony pulis is willing to put in a £1 million bid for a guy who behaves like a dildo when he sniffs a move to a bigger team!

Hibs have no chance of getting £1m for him, which a month ago would have seemed cheap! Wouldn't mind us going out and getting a right ugly centre half, one who kicks everything that moves, heads everything and just defends!! Unfashionable and not ashamed to be

Toaods
21-07-2010, 10:09 AM
He's looking to get a move and at the right price we will sell - until then it's up to both sides to keep up with their contractual obligations therefore no requirement for us to attempt to make any contact, just simply bang on the usual 2 weeks wages at every opportunity until he either shows up or we deduct the total bill from any cut he is due when punted. Please don't spoon feed us any drivel about island passports or the villagers attacking the 2nd cousins house.

dp00
21-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I think this is yogi sending a message out to all the players..... Ship up or you will be shipped out regardless of who you are. And with some of the stories that have came out of Easter road in the past seasons this can only be a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestEndHibee
21-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Sol was probably my favourite player from last year and i've always held him in high regard. This however is incredibly disappointing but for some reason isn't surprising. Unless he has a good reason for this then i think its time for petrie to start listening to offers for him. Lets get some stupid amount of money and be rid of him.

Mikey
21-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Agreed. This sort of megaphone diplomacy is an odd move from Hibs.

It is very unusual for the club to comment on things like this.

Maybe the EEN have got a hold of it and the club wanted to get the story out before them. Or perhaps there's a different slant in the EEN.

Anyone bought a copy yet?

banarc7062
21-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to hearing this excuse, also credit to the club for coming out and letting the fans know exactly whats happening. Too often this sort of thing is in the papers days before the club says anything about it:agree:

Agree, appreciate this information officially from the Club treating the fans with consideration:top marks

FranckSuzy
21-07-2010, 10:47 AM
It is very unusual for the club to comment on things like this.

Maybe the EEN have got a hold of it and the club wanted to get the story out before them. Or perhaps there's a different slant in the EEN.

Anyone bought a copy yet?

Just got a text from the EEN saying today's Hibs article is 'Hibs manager's rage as Bamba goes AWOL'.

Dalkeith
21-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Just got a text from the EEN saying today's Hibs article is 'Hibs manager's rage as Bamba goes AWOL'.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-star-Sol-Bamba-goes.6431195.jp

MrSmith
21-07-2010, 10:57 AM
I can't get my head around this story at all...!

Why release it on the official site?

There really is no need to because its a non-story and Hibs have never bothered about the press printing stories re our players???

Is it a precursor to him being sold?

To whom and who's bid or as suggested is it a forgone conclusion - Rangers? Could the story be set up so we as fans can live with him going to Rangers?

I don't get it - simply a non-story that none of need to know because there is no information re player circumstances (personal or otherwise) just what is going on here!

Fan reaction is expected and some comments are a bit ridiculous due to assumptions but I think we may be either a) being sold one by Hibs or b) we should just take it in the context it is...a non story.

truehibernian
21-07-2010, 11:16 AM
A culmination of on field and off field antics have no doubt pressed the buttons of Hughes and the board. Big Sol has quite a complicated life off field too but he doesn't really help himself at times. Good, athletic player who we should get a decent fee for and the harmony in the squad will improve. I only hope that we invest some of the cash in an experienced replacement. I think we will.

H18sry
21-07-2010, 11:23 AM

There really is no need to because its a non-story and Hibs have never bothered about the press printing stories re our players???

To whom and who's bid or as suggested is it a forgone conclusion - Rangers? Could the story be set up so we as fans can live with him going to Rangers?

I don't get it - simply a non-story that none of need to know because there is no information re player circumstances (personal or otherwise) just what is going on here!

Fan reaction is expected and some comments are a bit ridiculous due to assumptions but I think we may be either a) being sold one by Hibs or b) we should just take it in the context it is...a non story.

To pre-emt the EEN story

Dinkydoo
21-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Irrespective of why he's been "unable" to turn up for training, he should at least have contacted the club to let them know.

Poor show from Bamba, I'll be sad to see him go (if he does go). I do think he has the potential to play in the english premiership but he needs to be a bit more level headed at the moment, knuckle down and proove to everyone (the fans, other clubs.....even himself) how good he really is.

Looks to be a similar scenario to that of Benji, loads of talent; lacks the application.

sahib
21-07-2010, 11:28 AM
A culmination of on field and off field antics have no doubt pressed the buttons of Hughes and the board. Big Sol has quite a complicated life off field too but he doesn't really help himself at times. Good, athletic player who we should get a decent fee for and the harmony in the squad will improve. I only hope that we invest some of the cash in an experienced replacement. I think we will.

In my opinion it would not matter if he was the hardest training most punctual and modest player on the planet. Hibs would still sell him if he wanted away and the price was right. It is the way we work. It has been like this since Joe Baker and possibly before. It is a food chain Hibs have their position in it and we will never be able to keep players who can be moved up the chain. Bamba is a pretty good player but his departure should not affect us much.

--------
21-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Good player, crap attitude. (not just at this moment, but ever since he got here)

Shame it has come to this, but let's move him on (for both parties sake) and get whatever money we can for him.

:agree: Yup. The party's over - time to make what we can and move on.

We're a week away from the first leg of the Europa qualifier. I'd guess that Yogi wants to take that week to prepare the team for that game in depth. Which means that players need to know that they're playing, and this way the players who'll be at centre-back in the Cup-tie will have time to play together and get used to one another, and to get used to the idea that they're playing in what must be one of our most important games for years.

It also gets the story out in the open now - not as a sensationalised "Bamba AWOL - Hibs' Europa plans in disarray" headline in the Weegie press the day before the game.

It may be that Bamba's absence will mean re-arranging the back four more radically than just putting David Stephens or Paul Hanlon in for him, but at least it's encouraging that we kept a clean sheet against Nijmegen without him.

Bamba's been on the way out for about a year now - we just didn't anticipate it happening like this. Players nowadays are out for Number One first, last and always - I don't blame them, really, considering the way clubs used to treat them - but it's frustrating when it happens to our own club.

Hibs07p
21-07-2010, 11:37 AM
I think Bamba has found himself a club he wants to go to, but that club doesn't want to pay Hibs valuation of him. The easiest way to devalue a player is for him to be disruptive, that way the player tries to dictate the terms of his release. If I was in Yogi's shoes and I thought he was deliberately trying to influence a cut price transfer, I would dump him in the (non existent) reserves.

ionahibby
21-07-2010, 11:40 AM

IMHO its a good idea! Tell your fans first before the glasgow press get hold of it plus there are no accusations of hibs being dishonsest! Fans have complained before about the lack of information that comes out of easter road and when they do let us know people still have some conspricacy theory don't get people sometimes :bitchy:

Hibs90
21-07-2010, 11:45 AM
What an arrogant piece of ****

Starting to tihnk similar myself. As much as I love Sol when he plays well, I'd just get rid now.

MacBean
21-07-2010, 11:48 AM
what if he's lying half deed in a gutter somewhere in middle Mongolia?

Gatecrasher
21-07-2010, 11:50 AM

what if he's in his front room with his feet up watching SSN smoking a cigar? :smokin

marinello59
21-07-2010, 11:54 AM

In that case I will edit my, ''Get lost Bamba you mercenary money grabbing wastrel '' post to read ''Get well soon Bamba, your dedication to the Hibs cause is sorely missed.''

DaveF
21-07-2010, 11:56 AM

If he is, then perhaps the Ulan Bator HSC got a hold of him before Yogi could......

Johnny_Leith
21-07-2010, 12:00 PM
We're no the only club with this problem http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8841261.stm

Tollhouse Hibee
21-07-2010, 12:09 PM
bye bye sol. you thought you were bigger and better than the club, and to be fair have been pish since the african cup of nations - thats why you got splinters in your arse at the world cup!

MyJo
21-07-2010, 12:14 PM
We're no the only club with this problem http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8841261.stm

African players seem to be a law unto themselves.......mental.

NOLA
21-07-2010, 12:17 PM
maybe he's just mislaid his passport?

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 12:34 PM
maybe he's just mislaid his passport?

:agree: Or his battery has run out on his mob?:wink:

LancashireHibby
21-07-2010, 12:50 PM
African players seem to be a law unto themselves.......mental.

I was about to suggest that this sort of thing seems to be a habitual thing for African players - we should count ourselves lucky that it is after the World Cup and not mid-season after the African Nations.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I reckon most of us thought he'd be away by the end of this window anyway, it's just unfortunate that it's going to be played out more publically than we would have liked.

My concern is whether this behaviour will affect his selling price. Maybe Broony and Thomshuns shennanigans may not have affected the fees we received from the bigot brothers, but some of Bambis suitors may be a little more astute and realise that with this kind of behaviour he might prove troublesome in their own dressing rooms, or when he tries the same tricks for his next move...

PeterboroHibee
21-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Fairly annoyed with Sols general attitude over much of the last season; his heads been in the clouds from going off with the Ivory Coast boys, constantly putting stuff out in the press about how all these big clubs are after him, and on the pitch he hasnt been up to the standards we know he can play to since coming back from the CoN. As many others have said, he was one of my favourite players, but his attitude stinks and I have no problem with him going now, we dont need someone like that at the club and would rather we brought in a more level headed CB.

If there is a reasonable excuse, I still dont see how some sort of respresentative for him couldnt have got in touch with the club..

Aspire
21-07-2010, 01:42 PM
If this is true and there isn’t another reason for him missing meeting up with the team. I hope he never wears a Hibs strip again.

Who does he think he is embarrassing our great club?

CraigHibee
21-07-2010, 02:19 PM
his attitude stinks and NO player is bigger than the club, so if it's time for him to depart i hope it's done quickly so that there is no upset to the team!

--------
21-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I reckon most of us thought he'd be away by the end of this window anyway, it's just unfortunate that it's going to be played out more publically than we would have liked.

My concern is whether this behaviour will affect his selling price. Maybe Broony and Thomshuns shennanigans may not have affected the fees we received from the bigot brothers, but some of Bambis suitors may be a little more astute and realise that with this kind of behaviour he might prove troublesome in their own dressing rooms, or when he tries the same tricks for his next move...

Thanks to Ericsson and now this nonsense, I don't think we'll get anything like what we once thought we would. I HAD hoped he might be available to play for us in the opening rounds of the Europa - give us a wee bit better chance of making the sections and raking in a bot of cash....

However. :rolleyes:

zlatan
21-07-2010, 02:32 PM

If this is true and there isn’t another reason for him missing meeting up with the team. I hope he never wears a Hibs strip again.

Who does he think he is embarrassing our great club?

Whoomp there it is! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8)

MrSmith
21-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks to Ericsson and now this nonsense, I don't think we'll get anything like what we once thought we would. I HAD hoped he might be available to play for us in the opening rounds of the Europa - give us a wee bit better chance of making the sections and raking in a bot of cash....

However. :rolleyes:

Thought about that statement for a bit and heres my reply:

We are so good at devaluing our players that it borders on madness; to think Burnley were willing to pay £3.5mil for Andy Driver and whats he done other than give fair performances for the jumbos and keep the club doctor/physio in a job? Is he in a national team? did he get selected for the WC? no! £2mil for Bamba is not outwith his value and very reasonable if you ask me and...if you take Hearts model/approach lets skin clubs for at least £5mil before negotiations take place!!

Balls in our court no-one elses...

--------
21-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Thought about that statement for a bit and heres my reply:

We are so good at devaluing our players that it borders on madness; to think Burnley were willing to pay £3.5mil for Andy Driver and whats he done other than give fair performances for the jumbos and keep the club doctor/physio in a job? Is he in a national team? did he get selected for the WC? no! £2mil for Bamba is not outwith his value and very reasonable if you ask me and...if you take Hearts model/approach lets skin clubs for at least £5mil before negotiations take place!!

Balls in our court no-one elses...

We'll see - it would have been a lot easier if he'd actually played in the World Cup and wasn't behaving like a prune right now. That's all I'm saying.... :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
21-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I would forget talk of players thinking bigger than club or the likes, for me its just another case of a player realising that money can be made elsewhere and as we have seen over the years this is just another tactic to get away.

The players heads are easily turned and of course we cant blame them if they do have the ability to step up but there is a real lack of any loyalty or respect once that head is turned they just go about things and do not give a **** about the club or the fans. I just do not get attatched to any players at Hibs anymore, they are almost a name and number here to do a turn, of course they get support at the match.

I look at David Murphy whom had his head turned and most on here knew he was worth having a crack at the bigger league and money, and as far as I saw dealt with the situation in a manner that showed gratitude and respect to the Club and fans. Pity he is the exception.

BryanV
21-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I would forget talk of players thinking bigger than club or the likes, for me its just another case of a player realising that money can be made elsewhere and as we have seen over the years this is just another tactic to get away.

The players heads are easily turned and of course we cant blame them if they do have the ability to step up but there is a real lack of any loyalty or respect once that head is turned they just go about things and do not give a **** about the club or the fans. I just do not get attatched to any players at Hibs anymore, they are almost a name and number here to do a turn, of course they get support at the match.

I look at David Murphy whom had his head turned and most on here knew he was worth having a crack at the bigger league and money, and as far as I saw dealt with the situation in a manner that showed gratitude and respect to the Club and fans. Pity he is the exception.

I agree, except it should be who rather than whom.

Aspire
21-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Whoomp there it is! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8)

Great tune zlatan

I did say "If it's true"

I just want the best for the club and everyone pulling in the right direction.

If he wants to leave this isn't the way to do it.

Long suffering
21-07-2010, 03:27 PM
does his disappearance really mean there is no chance of him playing in the europa league first leg?

TRC
21-07-2010, 03:51 PM
So really what Rod/Yogi should do when signing a contract with a new player. When player signs Rod takes him to get chipped like a cat or dog then a tracking device will pick them up. We can call it hib hib!:greengrin

scoopyboy
21-07-2010, 03:58 PM
does his disappearance really mean there is no chance of him playing in the europa league first leg?

Ye cannae play a man that isn't there.

What kind of message does it send out to the rest of the players if he strolls back next Tuesday in time for the flight and Yogi picks him?

Sir David Gray
21-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Ye cannae play a man that isn't there.

What kind of message does it send out to the rest of the players if he strolls back next Tuesday in time for the flight and Yogi picks him?

:agree: Exactly.

Unless there is a very good explanation for his non-appearance, Bamba should be nowhere near the team next week.

I would much rather have someone in there who is 100% committed to Hibs, even if they might not be as good as Bamba, than have someone who is quite obviously taking the mickey out of the whole club.

Playing in a European tie is quite a big deal to a club like Hibs and we should have eleven players in that match who all want to play for the club.

Toaods
21-07-2010, 04:39 PM
yogi is directly quoted on the official site on Sol not being involved in the EUropean game.

Future17
21-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Looks like it's not just us having this problem:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8841261.stm

Gus
21-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Looks like it's not just us having this problem:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8841261.stm

Always the African players who stuggle (disrespect) their parent club

Really annoys me. Difference between Bamba and Mbia is that Mbia showed his talents at the world cup & Bamba just thinks he's amazing

Good riddance, didnt rate him half as much as folk on here

down-the-slope
21-07-2010, 05:46 PM
loads of talent that should be able to take him far...always been too much of a Billy Big Boots for my liking....his performance against Gers at ER when he tried to win the game single handed...and endued up losing for us almost single handed...typifying this

I personally have much more time for Hoggy as a player - than most of here seem to - as he playes for the team and shows the fans and club respect in the way he goes about things..even when taking abuse from his own support....

Quite different from Bamba, who has been lauded by most...but is more interested in talking up his prospects elsehwere...

Very glad we have a young future Scotland captain in Hanlon....who just happens to be a fan as well, and seems to have a good head on his young shoulders

The King is dead....Long Live the King:greengrin

Fat Penlon
21-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Looks like Bamba playing the daft laddie in his response!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hibernian/hibernian-anger-over-sol-bamba-no-show-1.1042828

How comes the herald can find him to get a comment but hibs cant? and how can he speak to the herald but cant get in touch with anyone in holland? he must have all the coaches and players mobile numbers?

something stinks with this me thinks!

steviecarnie
21-07-2010, 09:53 PM
just read that herald piece, and something leap out that doesnt make sense.....im no professional footballer, but a rest is a rest and doing fitness work isnt resting imo.:confused:

Bamba states he hasnt had a rest since summer 09 which is fine, but why if your complaining about not having a rest would you work with a fitness coach??

“Since last May [2009], I haven’t had a break and I wanted to take about three weeks off after the World Cup to recharge. I played something like 59 games for Hibs last season, plus the [Africa] Cup of Nations and then in South Africa. I didn’t play at the [World Cup] finals, but I was training hard every day over there and before the tournament to make sure I’d be 100% ready if I got my chance.

“I’ve been working with a fitness coach in Paris to make sure I’m 100% fit when I get back. I’m a Hibs player and I’ll come back and be ready to work as hard as ever for the club.”

dp00
21-07-2010, 09:58 PM
just read that herald piece, and something leap out that doesnt make sense.....im no professional footballer, but a rest is a rest and doing fitness work isnt resting imo.:confused:

Bamba states he hasnt had a rest since summer 09 which is fine, but why if your complaining about not having a rest would you work with a fitness coach??

Also what part of you are contracted to Hibernian fc does he not understand...... They decided when and when not to give you rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRC
21-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Irrespective of what you want, if my employers ask me to be back by a date and i just say no i get a nice
P45

This is ridiculous and yogi should tell him were to go. going to the press rather than speaking to your boss is just pure spineless, i run a bar and if one of the staff did this they better be ready for the outcome cannot believe this. He has shown to his suitors that he is not to be trusted. send him back to fife. :grr:

Westie1875
21-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Pathetic from Bamba, speak to the club, not the papers. :bitchy:

Hibs have been very accommodating to him and his requests for extra time off, its not up to him to decide when he comes back to work - hope not to see him in a Hibs shirt again, his behaviour must cause problems with the rest of the squad too. Not worth the hassle.

Aubenas
21-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I played something like 59 games for Hibs last season,

Boll****! From the friendly at East End Park to the finale at Tannadice, Hibs played 51 games last season. I can't be bothered checking his appearances but between injury and international duty, Bamba must have missed at least ten of them.

Next time he's injured, get him to phone the Herald and see if they'll provide treatment for him, or plane tickets to his family in France. Would rather we played a laddie like Stephens who at least appreciates the opportunity and gives it his all.
If Bamba was as good consistently as he seems to think he is, not only would he have played in the World Cup, but Hibs would probably have been 2nd or 3rd last season.:grr:

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 10:17 PM
How come the herald can get a hold of him yet the club, who pay his wages, cant?

Wee Scottie Dug
21-07-2010, 10:21 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hibernian/hibernian-anger-over-sol-bamba-no-show-1.1042828

How comes the herald can find him to get a comment but hibs cant? and how can he speak to the herald but cant get in touch with anyone in holland? he must have all the coaches and players mobile numbers?

You are probably right .......

At least the big man is alright and its being played by himself as a bit of a misunderstanding .... albeit a gross one on his side!!

Why he would want to skip the Holland tour puzzles me though ..... a week away with the lads!!

All we need now is the phone call between him and Yogi to clear the air .....

I'm going with the glass is half full on this one and the banter will be all at bambas expense next week at training ...... :greengrin

Diclonius
21-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Aww, the poor wee boy's going in a big huff because his club has the balls to call him up on his crap in public.

Sol, I'd tell you to never again set foot in the club you obviously don't deserve to be at, but that's what you're angling for, so.. Let's hope Yogi has you put in the reserves for a couple transfer windows.

zlatan
21-07-2010, 11:11 PM
He has a point tbf, for a club that's all hush hush about things it was a very strange statement to release. Probably our most bizarre announcement since the public announcement that we had accepted a bid for Riordan from Cardiff a few years ago.

Even if it was going to be in the Evening News the story from Hibs this morning made sure all the other papers, the BBC and other football websites picked up on it and made a bigger deal out of the issue.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 11:15 PM
He has a point tbf, for a club that's all hush hush about things it was a very strange statement to release. Probably our most bizarre announcement since the public announcement that we had accepted a bid for Riordan from Cardiff a few years ago.

Even if it was going to be in the Evening News the story from Hibs this morning made sure all the other papers, the BBC and other football websites picked up on it and made a bigger deal out of the issue.

Bamba acknowledges that he was aware when he was required back at work though, no?

zlatan
21-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Bamba acknowledges that he was aware when he was required back at work though, no?

I'm not defending Bambas actions, I'm sure he knows full well when he was expected back and is acting up for whatever reason, I just think the way Hibs have gone about this is very odd.

With the Benji saga last year it was only because of these forums anyone was aware of the situation, Hibs said nothing as usual and bar a a few snippets it was never major news in the national press.

monktonharp
21-07-2010, 11:20 PM
yup,forget all the calls for emtying him Yogi. he's a Hibs player,fine him..........not too much cos it's not as if he msde nasty comments about our pitch or anything:wink: but drop the lingering bassa , he's at it and trying to engineer his own move,telling the Herald blatant lies about the amount of games he played for us for starters. HFC dont invent stories when we are in need of experienced players for very important games ,imho:grr:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm not defending Bambas actions, I'm sure he knows full well when he was expected back and is acting up for whatever reason, I just think the way Hibs have gone about this is very odd.

With the Benji saga last year it was only because of these forums anyone was aware of the situation, Hibs said nothing as usual and bar a a few snippets it was never major news in the national press.

It may be due to those circumstances that Hibs have decided not to be dicked around anymore?

Jim44
21-07-2010, 11:30 PM
The guy hasn't a leg to stand on. He's the proverbial rat deserting, not a sinking ship, but one that is very much afloat. His stock is now rock bottom. We won't get a worthwhile fee for him and any decent club will surely consider him an iffy character who has no respect whatsoever for his employer and a major risk if paying good money. Then again there will be a few clubs willing to take on a character like him for the peanuts he'll now fetch. It won't happen but I'd like Petrie to sit tight and let Hughes humiliate him by sticking him in with the youngsters till December then selling him off in a Chrismas lottery. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
21-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Now in the Scotsman......

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Sol-Bamba-furious-with-Hibs.6433092.jp

Hibs On Tour
21-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Once again in football we have a player whom as things stand at the moment has disrespected the club and fans.

So the only practical solution when this happens is to sell the player on as the player appears to not be interested, these incidents tend to happen when a player wants away and the punishment for the player? the player gets exactly what he wants.

If a player knows he is worth money and he wants away they can basically do what they like as the only punishment they get is sold on to earn more money which is what they want and this makes it happen quicker its a win/win for a player.

This will end with Sol Bamba pobably getting everything he wants with a bit of a hard time on here which I dont think will bother him in slightest, so we can say GTF or say not bigger than the club, all music to his ears, once we are all pissed off expidite the move even quicker.

Drop the player into reserves and say no transfer would cut out this, but it will never really happen as I said these guys know the money they can make on a transfer and we know it too.

As per usual act like a phanny and get rewarded, hate how football works sometimes.

For once, this kinda makes me agree with Wee Jum's article in the papers the other day where he said [about Wilson - Rangers and Boruc - Celtic wanting payoffs to go] that any players acting like that with him would have got stuck in the reserves to rot for the final year of their contracts. From a moral standpoint that's the only lever clubs have over players doing this to them but from a business standpoint no club these days is going to do that over getting some dosh back in for them...

Hibs On Tour
21-07-2010, 11:45 PM
So really what Rod/Yogi should do when signing a contract with a new player. When player signs Rod takes him to get chipped like a cat or dog then a tracking device will pick them up. We can call it hib hib!:greengrin

The homos already sub this out to that crowd who were advertising at the WC - SatYam... :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
21-07-2010, 11:51 PM
How come the herald can get a hold of him yet the club, who pay his wages, cant?

Prob his agent got in touch with them. Quite why neither Bamba or his agent got in touch with the club is a better question surely? As is why Bamba thinks he can just take X amount time off if he hasn't had it OK'd by the club. Or why he hasn't turned up when required to by the club - sorry but I'm taking the clubs word over a player who is talking pish in a response he's pushed via the press. As Aubenas says, we never even played 59 games last season so he's at it for me... :grr:

Woody1985
22-07-2010, 12:07 AM
It seems to me that it's gone like this:

Club; Sol, come back on the 12th of July.
Sol; I'll be knackered after the World Cup, I'd like about 3/4 weeks.
Club; We've got a competitive game so we need you back. We'll call it the 19th then and you can meet up on the preseason trip.
Sol; Uhuh.

*Phone down*

Sol; **** them, am no going back on the 19th. I've told them I need a holiday but they've no listened so I'm taking it anyway and I'll deal with the consequences later.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 12:10 AM
It seems to me that it's gone like this:

Club; Sol, come back on the 12th of July.
Sol; I'll be knackered after the World Cup, I'd like about 3/4 weeks.
Club; We've got a competitive game so we need you back. We'll call it the 19th then and you can meet up on the preseason trip.
Sol; Uhuh.

*Phone down*

Sol; **** them, am no going back on the 19th. I've told them I need a holiday but they've no listened so I'm taking it anyway and I'll deal with the consequences later.

Pretty much my reading too...

broonie27
22-07-2010, 12:10 AM
The guy hasn't a leg to stand on. He's the proverbial rat deserting, not a sinking ship, but one that is very much afloat. His stock is now rock bottom. We won't get a worthwhile fee for him and any decent club will surely consider him an iffy character who has no respect whatsoever for his employer and a major risk if paying good money. :greengrin

I'm guessing he's already got a few offers already, don't you think?

I'm also guessing the club have done this so as to create the kind of anti-Bamba feelings I'm already reading on this board thereby softening any anti-board sentiment when he's finally punted.

Personally, I've never rated him too highly and has always come across as a bit of "billy big-boots". If we get any more than 1 million for him I'll be delighted, then we can get a couple of experienced CH's in and get Hogg dropped too.

Prof. Shaggy
22-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Always the African players who stuggle (disrespect) their parent club

Wee Russell had a bit of a problem here too.

monktonharp
22-07-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm guessing he's already got a few offers already, don't you think?

I'm also guessing the club have done this so as to create the kind of anti-Bamba feelings I'm already reading on this board thereby softening any anti-board sentiment when he's finally punted.

Personally, I've never rated him too highly and has always come across as a bit of "billy big-boots". If we get any more than 1 million for him I'll be delighted, then we can get a couple of experienced CH's in and get Hogg dropped too.most on here were slmost resigned to losing him,judging by posts during closed season,were the not? his actions are despicable and should not be tolerated.

MyJo
22-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Bamba can ****** right off. Hibs pay his wages to play for Hibs when he is told to and not when he feels like it or when its convenient while the Ivory ******ing coast haven't got anything else on.

I will be very disappointed in Yogi if Bamba gets even a sniff of the first team again, What kind of message will that send out to young players like Stephens, Galbraith, Hanlon, Wotherspoon etc about how to conduct yourself or respecting your manager/club.

I liked Bamba but i think we're better of being shot of him

hibernator
22-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Does anybody else think that Bamba is worried that representing Hibs in Europe may discourage suitors as he would be "cup tied":hmmm:, get a grip Sol, we aint dafties, you have a someone looking after your fitness why?, Hibs can do that and more, looks to me like he is "working his ticket" as my dad would have said.:bye::bye:

RMG_82
22-07-2010, 01:08 AM
bombscare Bamba.......off you go :bye:

no player is bigger than the club

He's been rubbing shoulders with Drogba and Toure probably talking about how much money they earn and whaat they own and its affected his judgement.

Karma will get you big man

rainman
22-07-2010, 01:27 AM
First point :agree:. Second point :confused: did he receive a family inheritance,'cos he hasn't earned anything to speak of from football.

I don't mean rich.

I mean he's f**ing quality.

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2010, 05:46 AM
I don't mean rich.

I mean he's f**ing quality.

Bamba thinks he is better than he actually is, another big time Charlie...... Hope he does not get near our team again for his total lack of respect shown to all concerned at the club:grr:

Leith Green
22-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Makes you wonder wether bamba and his agent have orchestrated the whole thing to get him a move on the cheap, maybe a club wants him but aren't willing to meet hibs valuation, summit aint rite here, I'm guessing its along the lines of that. **** him, whatever he is up to, I really like him as a player but he seems a twat, hope he doesn't play for hibs again...

Gatecrasher
22-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Hibs let him go to the African Nations cup
He goes to the World Cup and doesnt play a game
It has been nearly a full month since Ivory Coast got knocked out with Bamba not even playing!

Im with the Club and Yogi here

I don't know why they now told the newspapers I was supposed to back on the 19th. I never agreed to that either. I'm very disappointed in the way the whole thing has come out."

You turn up for work when your employer asks Everyone else has to!! :bye:

mjhibby
22-07-2010, 07:24 AM

Yep strange how he cant speak to yogi but manages to speak to the press.Also i would have maybe believed him until he said that yogi said he could return this saturday meaning he had played no games before the euro tie and therefore wont play in the first leg.That bit is obviously codswallop given yogi was hoping to play him last night and even allowing for any lost in translation bamba or any other player shouldnt go to the press like he has done.he is speaking like a player who has been booted out by a club and is getting his tuppence worth in the paper.Whether he plays in the second leg will be very interesting and i suppose will depend how the first game goes.
Whichever way you look at it he comes across as tube of the highest order.

CentreLine
22-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Makes you wonder wether bamba and his agent have orchestrated the whole thing to get him a move on the cheap, maybe a club wants him but aren't willing to meet hibs valuation, summit aint rite here, I'm guessing its along the lines of that. **** him, whatever he is up to, I really like him as a player but he seems a twat, hope he doesn't play for hibs again...

Another Benji moment me thinks. But at least he is saying the right things about his being prepared physically. I have no doubt he has his own agenda. What really strikes me is that, once again, how well Hibs have handled the situation. Always dignified and no knee jerk reactions. GGTTH

MrSmith
22-07-2010, 09:03 AM
It all smells of Rangers...Smackson and Snakeye and Murray....

Golden Bear
22-07-2010, 09:07 AM
It all smells of Rangers...Smackson and Snakeye and Murray....

:agree:

I smell the same smell.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Bamba was insistent that the disagreement need not put his future at Hibernian in doubt, though.

“I get back to Edinburgh at the weekend and I will speak to the club about everything that’s happened,” he said. “I’ve been working with a fitness coach in Paris to make sure I’m 100% fit when I get back. I’m a Hibs player and I’ll come back and be ready to work as hard as ever for the club.”

Welcome back, Sol! :thumbsup:

Aldo
22-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Bamba is totally in the wrong regardless. He said noone at the club has tried to get in touch that for me is utter Bull.

He would of had Hughes or Rice's mobiles on his own phone and therefore should of called infact bollox to calling he should of turned up when he was suppose to....not decided to take an extra week to suit himself.

He has not played a proper (and not a WC friendly) for ages and has had a month off. Lets get shot of him...too big for his boots IMHO and for me no player and I repeat no player is bigger than the CLUB.

Yir times up SOL. :bye:

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Bamba is totally in the wrong regardless. He said noone at the club has tried to get in touch that for me is utter Bull.

He would of had Hughes or Rice's mobiles on his own phone and therefore should of called infact bollox to calling he should of turned up when he was suppose to....not decided to take an extra week to suit himself.

He has not played a proper (and not a WC friendly) for ages and has had a month off. Lets get shot of him...too big for his boots IMHO and for me no player and I repeat no player is bigger than the CLUB.

Yir times up SOL. :bye:

Rubbish.

Bamba is bigger than Hibernian FC.

End of.

Aldo
22-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Rubbish.

End of.

:devil::stirrer:

HR nice one

GlesgaeHibby
22-07-2010, 09:56 AM
So Hughes and Petrie can't get in touch with him, to find out why he hasn't made it to the training camp but the press can? :wtf:

Absolute chancer. Great player when he's in the mood, but no player is bigger than the club and I'm sure Yogi will have the balls to make sure he doesn't even get a sniff of being involved in the Euro tie.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I’m not sure how much holidays footballers get but I don’t think anyone could grudge him a bit extra after the World Cup. He would still have been training every day and its certainly not a rest. However, if he’s going to have extra time off he has to clear this with Hibs. I find it hard to believe this is a genuine mistake on Bamba’s part.

My preferred outcome of this is either 1) We sell him asap for a decent fee or 2) He stays Bamba and Hibs sort out their differences. I think he’s over-rated myself but he’s good enough for the first team player and we need everyone we can get.

I don’t think we should drop him for an extended period. Otherwise it’s a (more) dodgy defence, we’re wasting money paying him and his transfer value goes down every day. No one wins if the team is conceding goals and arguably our best defender is isn’t speaking to the club.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I’m not sure how much holidays footballers get but I don’t think anyone could grudge him a bit extra after the World Cup. He would still have been training every day and its certainly not a rest. However, if he’s going to have extra time off he has to clear this with Hibs. I find it hard to believe this is a genuine mistake on Bamba’s part.

He's *had* extra holidays - he was given until 19th instead of 12th... no mistake, he's at it...

My preferred outcome of this is either 1) We sell him asap for a decent fee or 2) He stays Bamba and Hibs sort out their differences. I think he’s over-rated myself but he’s good enough for the first team player and we need everyone we can get.

I don’t think we should drop him for an extended period. Otherwise it’s a (more) dodgy defence, we’re wasting money paying him and his transfer value goes down every day. No one wins if the team is conceding goals and arguably our best defender is isn’t speaking to the club.

If he's after a move, *he* wins by messing the club around by making them more likely to a] accept a bid and b] making that bid likely to be lower so more potential buyers...

Hate it when players start with all this pish. Completely disrespectful to the club IMO. See all they wee laddies with strips with his name on the back? They should all give him ****ing pelters next time they see him!

Sergio sledge
22-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Boll****! From the friendly at East End Park to the finale at Tannadice, Hibs played 51 games last season. I can't be bothered checking his appearances but between injury and international duty, Bamba must have missed at least ten of them.

Next time he's injured, get him to phone the Herald and see if they'll provide treatment for him, or plane tickets to his family in France. Would rather we played a laddie like Stephens who at least appreciates the opportunity and gives it his all.
If Bamba was as good consistently as he seems to think he is, not only would he have played in the World Cup, but Hibs would probably have been 2nd or 3rd last season.:grr:

Bamba played 32 competitive games for Hibs last season. He's played 62 competitive games for Hibs in total since he's been here. He most certainly is "at it."

Holmesdale Hibs
22-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Hate it when players start with all this pish. Completely disrespectful to the club IMO. See all they wee laddies with strips with his name on the back? They should all give him ****ing pelters next time they see him!

I don’t care whether Bamba wins or not. If we drop him then Hibs lose, both in playing and financial terms. Incidentally, if Bamba does want a move he would be more likely to get a bigger offer if he accepted his punishment, played well for a season. But that’s up to him.

Although he may be ‘at it’, he’s saying all the right things at the moment and couls still have a future at Hibs. If Yogi manages this properly and doesn’t simply drop him and say **** you then it will benefit the club. Modern day footballers are prima donas whether we like it or not and part of being a good manager is dealing with this through good man-management.

I’m not happy with Bamba either but there is better ways of dealing with this than shooting ourselves in the foot. That's why my preferred option was to sell him asap.

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Bamba.......... you're an embarrassment to the Club, supporters and yourself :grr:

Sort 'im out Rod will ya ? :greengrin

we are hibs
22-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Bamba.......... you're an embarrassment to the Club, supporters and yourself :grr:

Sort 'im out Rod will ya ? :greengrin

have any of yous read the thing he said to the evning news today he said he played 59 games for hibs last season:confused:

TowerHibs
22-07-2010, 11:18 AM
If Derek can get fined for sayin our pitch was as flat as Luke Chadwick's face then this Bamba clown should be getting docked the maximum amount of wages!

Let him rot in the reserves, we only paid £50k for him, it has worked out fine. An example has to be made of him, in order to protect the club from this happening in the future. Hanlon and wetherspoon could look at this in a few years time when they're after moves and follow his lead!

I don't believe these guys are of that mould and would respect the club but Yogi must show who is boss!

Not bein racist but it is an African (poorer countries) issue. I plaed at livi when we had sheriff maman. This was a guy who used to come to the ground at night to get his clothes washed with the youth kit yet wanted £600 when his jeans got stained! He also refused to train cause the club won't fly his cousin over from France. It is sellfishness when they are used to nothing they suddenly have so much

zlatan
22-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Rubbish.

End of.

Bamba IS Hibernian FC

MacBean
22-07-2010, 11:25 AM
So Hughes and Petrie can't get in touch with him, to find out why he hasn't made it to the training camp but the press can? :wtf:

Absolute chancer. Great player when he's in the mood, but no player is bigger than the club and I'm sure Yogi will have the balls to make sure he doesn't even get a sniff of being involved in the Euro tie.
or he does and has him cup tied :devil:

ahibby
22-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm disappointed that he wasn't interested in taking some part in the pre season in Holland. He must know that trips like that are a vital part of team building and therefore has shown a lack of respect to the club and his team mates. Unfortunately, in my view, he has to be made an example of and the club has to hammer him and leave him out of the opening games. In fact I would leave him out of all the games until such time as he has shown his team mates that he wants to be part of them by working harder than them in training etc. I think he is capable of winning the players, club, management and fans over, IF he wants to. So we will see whether he has the desire, but it isn't looking good. I don't know how much time he needs off but if he wanted to play in the opening Europa game he would surely have made the effort to play in pre season friendlies with us.

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 11:33 AM
I don’t care whether Bamba wins or not. If we drop him then Hibs lose, both in playing and financial terms. Incidentally, if Bamba does want a move he would be more likely to get a bigger offer if he accepted his punishment, played well for a season. But that’s up to him.

Although he may be ‘at it’, he’s saying all the right things at the moment and couls still have a future at Hibs. If Yogi manages this properly and doesn’t simply drop him and say **** you then it will benefit the club. Modern day footballers are prima donas whether we like it or not and part of being a good manager is dealing with this through good man-management.

I’m not happy with Bamba either but there is better ways of dealing with this than shooting ourselves in the foot. That's why my preferred option was to sell him asap.

Na, if he swans back in and plays like **** all has happened, that screws with man-management for ALL the other players. What right does he have to pick and choose when to return when he's been told to be back by X date? What does that say to the other players who toe the line, particularly the young players like Hanlon? Should Hanlon get dropped for him? Na, not for me. He gets a well-earned sit down in the reserves to learn from his mistake. Also, 'he's saying all the right things?' Like saying he played more games for us than we actually played? Pish. He needs to keep his mouth shut and bite the bullet, accept a big fine and a couple of weeks in the reserves to cool his heels and teach the cant a lesson. Then, he comes back in and is told that if he wants a move he has to play his socks off for one. That's the way we [Hibs] win.

ScottB
22-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Amazing he still has the attitude after his crap performances post ANC, being left on the bench at the World Cup and a complete lack of any interest of substance in him despite it being apparent we would be happy to sell him.

He caused problems in the team last year, he has now treated the club with a shocking lack of respect and he clearly thinks he should be allowed to do as he pleases. If nobody comes in for him (and why would they) lets leave him in the reserves till he learns some respect.

MrSmith
22-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm no kiddin' when I said this really smells of Rankgers!! The dynamic has changed a little in that the Herald got the exclusive but that has probably been passed to them to 'protect' the Daily Record sales due to what happened previously with Brown and Thomson.

Lest we not forget that this is how Rankgers operate: Dodgy agents and columnists who are friends with dodgy chairmen and will unsettle players in order to make their percentage and gain an exclusive on Rankgers....

It would be interesting to find out who Bamba's representatives and agents were and what stable they belong too??

HibeeB
22-07-2010, 11:43 AM
We play a European match in a weeks time. When Bamba comes back there are no more friendlies to play. There are three new players who could all play a part in the match next week. Bamba hasn't even met them, never mind learned how to play along side them. For me there is no way he should get near the squad for next week. His place should go to someone who could be bothered to turn up for pre-season training.

Captain Trips
22-07-2010, 11:44 AM
I think the very reason why he can do what he has is simple, he is aware of interest in him, just like KT before. There will be no reserves or dropping, he knows that we will always look to sell for a profit, if he has wind of any transfer which I am sure he does this is all part of the plan.

I would like Hibs to drop the player for an extended period but unfortunatly that will cost Hibs money therefore I do not expect that to happen, Bamba must be confident of a solid bid in order to be acting this way but perhaps he is aware that the bid may not be matching our valuation and this is to tip scales.

Most people cannot blame a player for taking opportunity of new challenge and better income, what we can blame the player for is the disgraceful way it is done by.

MrSmith
22-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Seriously, if this is his agenda, then drop him indefinitely and make him stay until he can sign a pre-contract and leave him to rot in the reserves until contract over. No physio, no training opportunities, no pro playing wage nor win bonus - basic salary and see how he changes...

ScottB
22-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I think the very reason why he can do what he has is simple, he is aware of interest in him, just like KT before. There will be no reserves or dropping, he knows that we will always look to sell for a profit, if he has wind of any transfer which I am sure he does this is all part of the plan.

I would like Hibs to drop the player for an extended period but unfortunatly that will cost Hibs money therefore I do not expect that to happen, Bamba must be confident of a solid bid in order to be acting this way but perhaps he is aware that the bid may not be matching our valuation and this is to tip scales.

Most people cannot blame a player for taking opportunity of new challenge and better income, what we can blame the player for is the disgraceful way it is done by.

I'd be amazed if we get a bid of more than a million for him, and we owe Dunfermline a big chunk of that anyway. Sure I'd rather have the money, but given our financial situation letting him languish in the reserves as an example to others wouldn't be too bad...

ionahibby
22-07-2010, 11:55 AM

:agree: I agree obviously didn't think hibs would come out publicly so it has backfired for him hence the reason he has came out in paper blasting hughes!

bawheid
22-07-2010, 11:56 AM
I'd be amazed if we get a bid of more than a million for him, and we owe Dunfermline a big chunk of that anyway. Sure I'd rather have the money, but given our financial situation letting him languish in the reserves as an example to others wouldn't be too bad...

I'd go with this.

Other club's chairmen have now realised they can't dick Hibs around. It's time the players learned the same.

The few hundred thousand it would cost us this time around could be made up through not having all this nonsense in the future.

Captain Trips
22-07-2010, 11:57 AM

It would be good to do that, the only punishment of meaning to him IMO is he made to stay at Hibs for another season and a move is scuppered, that would be the lesson.

Dropping him for 2-3 weeks then selling him would not IMO deter anyone from doing same as player ultimatly got his desire a few weeks later. Unfortunatly Hibs will be looking to make money on players and he is worth something.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-07-2010, 12:00 PM

agree with all of that

Aldo
22-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry but the guy shouldnt get anywhere near the 1st team squad. fined the max and sent to train with the U17's or something.

Rod will get it sorted and for me the guy has let the club down no end. The guy is extracting the urine and he knows it. He knew when he should of been back and if there were any problems he should of phoned someone. He is not the boss but one of the employees.

Time to cash in IMHO and I am aware we are due DAFC some dosh so lets cut or loses and get him TF.

Doesnt deserve to pull on the jersey again. I would rather we had someone who tried every time they pulled on the jersey. ie bust a gut and played like it was their last ever game of footie every time they played for us.

He has and is using the club and with todays modern technology ie mobiles email etc there is no excuse.

Bamba :bye: dont unpack yir bag yir leaving.

soupy
22-07-2010, 12:25 PM
BYE BYE BAMBA YA FUD!!!!!:bye:

HIBS SHOULD GLADY TAKE THE MONEY WE GET FOR HIM AND SPEND IT ON SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB...:bye::bye:

HibbyAndy
22-07-2010, 12:28 PM
BYE BYE BAMBA YA FUD!!!!!:bye:

HIBS SHOULD GLADY TAKE THE MONEY WE GET FOR HIM AND SPEND IT ON SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB...:bye::bye:

Awrite Cha?.

Aye if he doesnt wanna play then....:bye::bye::bye:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Na, if he swans back in and plays like **** all has happened, that screws with man-management for ALL the other players. What right does he have to pick and choose when to return when he's been told to be back by X date? What does that say to the other players who toe the line, particularly the young players like Hanlon? Should Hanlon get dropped for him? Na, not for me. He gets a well-earned sit down in the reserves to learn from his mistake. Also, 'he's saying all the right things?' Like saying he played more games for us than we actually played? Pish. He needs to keep his mouth shut and bite the bullet, accept a big fine and a couple of weeks in the reserves to cool his heels and teach the cant a lesson. Then, he comes back in and is told that if he wants a move he has to play his socks off for one. That's the way we [Hibs] win.

Fair enough. A fine and a week or 2 in the reserves I would go along with. That would hopefully give him the kick up the erse he needs and motivate him to do well when he returns. Before anyone starts with ’they’re professionals and shouldn’t need motivation etc’, I agree but sadly this isn’t always the case, generally because of money. Talk of him never playing for Hibs again doesn’t help us at all. Unfortunately players have a lot of power these days and its easy for clubs to get shafted if they don’t adapt to it.

basehibby
22-07-2010, 01:22 PM
What gets me is that Sol in his comments to the papers has the audacity to state that HE is angry with the club!!!
He has no right to be angry he should be ASHAMED FFS - he has totally ignored explicit directions from his employers - presumably in contravention with the terms of his contract - and in so doing has deliberately and unilaterally ruled himself out of our first proper european tie in years, betraying the fans and his teammates as he goes - and he's f***ing angry :confused:

What he needs is a supersized boot up his lazy arrogant erse - followed by a maximum fine and a spell on the sidelines.

lapsedhibee
22-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Bamba IS Hibernian FC

Hibernian FC are just an insignificant footnote in the sparkling history of Souleymane Bamba. We are/were lucky to find ourselves associated with him, however briefly.

Wembley67
22-07-2010, 01:34 PM
What would we be saying if this was say for example Le God back in his day....would it be a case of, ach old Franky boy just needs to rest his legs a bit - the club will understand :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
22-07-2010, 01:42 PM
have any of yous read the thing he said to the evning news today he said he played 59 games for hibs last season:confused:

Think that figure comes from looking himself up on wikipedia where it says he's played 59 (league) games for Hibs (since 2008).

RoslinInstHibby
22-07-2010, 01:42 PM
What would we be saying if this was say for example Le God back in his day....would it be a case of, ach old Franky boy just needs to rest his legs a bit - the club will understand :rolleyes:

sauzee was far to professional for that, besides Latapy tried this sort or rubbish during that period and the club didnt take it...

Wembley67
22-07-2010, 01:48 PM
sauzee was far to professional for that, besides Latapy tried this sort or rubbish during that period and the club didnt take it...

Fair enough, I forgot about wee Russ. Professional or not if Sauzee did do what Bamba has done it would be a different story on here.

Come to think of it this is completely irrelevant...going back to my lunch now :greengrin

Captain Trips
22-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Fair enough, I forgot about wee Russ. Professional or not if Sauzee did do what Bamba has done it would be a different story on here.

Come to think of it this is completely irrelevant...going back to my lunch now :greengrin

IMO if Franck had done that while playing then there would be a lot of people unhappy and therefore would have been in Latapy envelope. He is held in high regard due to not acting like a knob.

lapsedhibee
22-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Anyone got the skinny on this previous hiccup (http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/08/08/21/manual_174324.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1)? :dunno:

Riordans Boots
22-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Now in the Scotsman......

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Sol-Bamba-furious-with-Hibs.6433092.jp

Who the **** does he think he is :bitchy: Not very professional at all to act in this manner and I just don't get the bit about him having 3 weeks off and not agreeing to be back on the 12th July. ... recovering from the World Cup :violin:

Hibs On Tour
22-07-2010, 02:24 PM
It would be good to do that, the only punishment of meaning to him IMO is he made to stay at Hibs for another season and a move is scuppered, that would be the lesson.

Dropping him for 2-3 weeks then selling him would not IMO deter anyone from doing same as player ultimatly got his desire a few weeks later. Unfortunatly Hibs will be looking to make money on players and he is worth something.

2-week fine. Reserves until the transfer window shuts. Nowt you can do about bonuses etc as that'll be contractual. Tell him he is back in the squad after window closes and has to then play for a move until Xmas window - by that I mean play his socks off to generate some interest and we then get some dosh for him.

He gets taught a lesson and we show an example to other players. We then get a player motivated to earn a move through playing well. And we get some dosh.

Alternatively, he gets a two-week fine for being a knob and gets sold now *IF* someone meets our valuation for him. Else, the above...

JennaFletcher
22-07-2010, 02:57 PM
How can Bamba rear his head around Edinburgh after this complete and utter farce?

I get that footballers get tired after long and tiresome seasons but at the end of the day they are meant to be professional and absolutely nothing about Bamba in this situation is professional. I always thought he was a good player and a cool guy, after this he seems more like a petulant child!

It's kind of like when you meet someone good looking but then you get to know their personality and they're suddenly not as good as they once seemed! Bamba is a good player but his behaviour of late is seriously questionable!

If no decent offer comes in and he can be shipped off, bench him and give someone else who is working hard his spot. :bye:

mjhibby
22-07-2010, 03:08 PM
If bamba had half the talent that sauzee had i would give him some leeway but he he is an average defender who obviously has issues,all of his own making,and has a huge ego problem.Fine if you have the talent to back it up but instead he just looks stupid.I suspect yogi will look to get him ready for the return leg while publicly giving him a dressing down.The thing that actually gets me annoyed is yogi didnt know he was going to behave as bad as this or im sure he would have signed a experienced ch and prepared to sell him at the first reasonable bid.
Bad show from the player.Not the first and wont be the last where i suspect the agent is involved but while he is employed by hibs yogi should play him as he sees fit.Cant imagine his behaviour will not go unnoticed by other clubs mind you and it could backfire on him.Heres hoping anyway.

bighairyfaeleith
22-07-2010, 03:48 PM
The trouble with bamba is he isnae very bright, so I'm no surprised by this at all. I don't think he's at it, I think he's just a wee bit thick.

Him and yogi will have a wee arm wrestle followed by a towel whip round east mains and all will be good:greengrin

Owain_1987
22-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I think what as happened is that they have told Bamba when to come back and he has said thats not enough of a brake so I will come back when I like.

Woody1985
22-07-2010, 03:51 PM
See the new iHibs website.

Bamba player 32 games last season and just over 60 in total since he signed so perhaps he's getting mixed up with the 59 games (unless he's including games to get back from injury etc).

http://www.ihibs.co.uk/player.php?playerid=1076

Kyle A
22-07-2010, 03:56 PM
From sky sports
"Hibs were expecting me to return to Scotland barely 10 days later on July 12. I don't know why they now told the papers I was supposed to back on the 19th, I never agreed to that either."

If hibs were expecting him back on the 12th then he is hell of a lot later than hibs are saying, anyway i thought hughes gave him extra time off

this..
"Bamba added that since last May, he has not had a break and he wanted three weeks off after the World Cup to recharge his batteries."

then this..
"I've even been working with a fitness coach in Paris to make sure I'm 100 per cent. I'm a Hibs player and I'll come back and be ready to work as hard as ever for the club."

WTF What is he wanting, time off to recharge or to get %100 fit for the new season because the way i see it if he wants to be ready for the new season he should have made the very short train journey from paris to holland

This boy is speaking complete ******

Littlest Hobo
22-07-2010, 04:02 PM
In my opinion we really need Bamba in the team for the season ahead. So for me it's time for Yogi to get this sorted one way or another as quickly as possible?

I must admit I didn't like what was said in the EEN by the manager. On one hand he said the Bamba might have a ligit excuse and on the other he was slating him without knowing any facts.
He should have stayed silent on the matter until things became a little clearer.

If Bamba is taking the pish, it will all come out in the wash, but if it really is a misunderstanding then I think an appology is in order from the manager. Yogi could learn a thing or two from the tache. Only speak to the media if it benefits otherwise say **** all!:dummytit:

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Bamba get a grip son.

You didnt take part in the world cup. You had a great seat and watched it !!
So .......get yerself match fit, get your attitude right.

Hibs are your employers. So .........show other Clubs, and us, the brilliant footballer you clearly think you are. Other Clubs will come calling.

The world is full of talented footballers so get real , then ..........get lost :bye:

Toaods
22-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Sol's making an erse of it already......Rod the poker player has smoked him out of hiding within 24 hrs and the attempted excuse told to the papers has more holes in that a tramp's sock.

Likely convo back at ER:

'You made an erse of it, so we've fined you the maximum permissable limits. Thank you, Sol and remember to shut the door quietly on the way out of my offie'"

"Yes Mr Petrie, sorry, it won't happen again."

ALF TUPPER
22-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Note sure i understand yer posting . Yep. i've read his comments in EEN. :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Wahey! we made the 6 O'Clock STV news :thumbsup:

Can't remember the last time Hibs were on the telly :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
22-07-2010, 06:07 PM
From sky sports
"Hibs were expecting me to return to Scotland barely 10 days later on July 12. I don't know why they now told the papers I was supposed to back on the 19th, I never agreed to that either."

If hibs were expecting him back on the 12th then he is hell of a lot later than hibs are saying, anyway i thought hughes gave him extra time off

this..
"Bamba added that since last May, he has not had a break and he wanted three weeks off after the World Cup to recharge his batteries."

then this..
"I've even been working with a fitness coach in Paris to make sure I'm 100 per cent. I'm a Hibs player and I'll come back and be ready to work as hard as ever for the club."

WTF What is he wanting, time off to recharge or to get %100 fit for the new season because the way i see it if he wants to be ready for the new season he should have made the very short train journey from paris to holland

This boy is speaking complete ******

:grr::grr: that really adds to it for me....he is given an extra week off...and he thinks its his right to decide when he turns up for work with his employer......

snooky
22-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I've never thought he was as good as a) most people on here said he was and b)he made himself out to be.

Regardless of whether this news came out or not I wouldnt be disappointed to see the back of him.

this is obviously something that has been brewing for a few days as Hughes has been making a couple of noises over the last few days about some players possibly having to move on.

One poster said this might have been released to make us not feel so bad about him leaving, well there's no need for Hibs to do that, I dont feel bad about him leaving anyway! I'll chip in for a one way ticket to wherever he wants to go...

We'll still have to strengthen our defence though!

:agree: 100%

Toaods
22-07-2010, 06:14 PM
why were all these family members concerned over his well being...surely they would all be aware he had agreed extended time off to relax and see his family.

How did they manage to contact him to make sure everything was OK if his phone was out of action?

FFS....a 5 year old apple thief could concot a better alibi than that heap of keek.

Iggy Pope
22-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Sol's making an erse of it already......Rod the poker player has smoked him out of hiding within 24 hrs and the attempted excuse told to the papers has more holes in that a tramp's sock.

Likely convo back at ER:

'You made an erse of it, so we've fined you the maximum permissable limits. Thank you, Sol and remember to shut the door quietly on the way out of my offie'"

"Yes Mr Petrie, sorry, it won't happen again."

Seems a plausible enough scenario Toaods and hard to argue with. I mean, why would any side want a player who shows such a distinct lack of professionalism and respect to his employer?
Who does he think he is? Madjid Bougherra? :wink:

Leithenhibby
22-07-2010, 10:34 PM
why were all these family members concerned over his well being...surely they would all be aware he had agreed extended time off to relax and see his family.

How did they manage to contact him to make sure everything was OK if his phone was out of action?

FFS....a 5 year old apple thief could concot a better alibi than that heap of keek.

It's no looking too good is it :agree: Never thought he was the player HE, thinks he is :bitchy:

Way above station for my liking :bye:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Seems a plausible enough scenario Toaods and hard to argue with. I mean, why would any side want a player who shows such a distinct lack of professionalism and respect to his employer?

I can understand Boogers indiscretion to an extent as they had qualified for their first WC in however many years? and apparently some Royal was buying the drinks at the celebration party....

Sillyman Bamba didn't have anything to celebrate....

Iggy Pope
23-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I can understand Boogers indiscretion to an extent as they had qualified for their first WC in however many years? and apparently some Royal was buying the drinks at the celebration party....

Sillyman Bamba didn't have anything to celebrate....

My post was really for Toaods as we discussed the merits of Bougherra at length during the WC and this very indiscretion was raised when I was stressing that he was a hun numpty.
FWIW though does 'celebrating' make it OK not to turn up for training for days on end and in the process miss an important Champions League game? That's what happened after all.

2 Peas from the same pod I'm afraid.

Toaods
23-07-2010, 08:58 AM

:greengrin nail on the head...he obviously thinks he is Bougherra, however he never made it onto the field of play whereas 'Bougy' played every mnute so at that point the similarity ends.

Petrie/Hughes are hopefully wise enough to realise this is the way 'big fish' act when they think they are in too small a pond.

- hope you guys enjoy the trip to Maribor..:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-07-2010, 09:40 AM
My post was really for Toaods as we discussed the merits of Bougherra at length during the WC and this very indiscretion was raised when I was stressing that he was a hun numpty.
FWIW though does 'celebrating' make it OK not to turn up for training for days on end and in the process miss an important Champions League game? That's what happened after all.

2 Peas from the same pod I'm afraid.

Definitely not. Booger and Bamba are both a couple of muppets and neither can excuse their actions.

Iggy Pope
23-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Definitely not. Booger and Bamba are both a couple of muppets and neither can excuse their actions.

We agree on that :thumbsup:

Gotta go now - got a flight to Dusseldorf / Arnhem to catch. Pity we cannae say the same about big Sol.