PDA

View Full Version : Sendings off

lapsedhibee
20-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Amongst the other bollox that fitba commentators spout, you can regularly hear the opinion that 'no-one likes to see players getting sent off'.

Plainly false. It gave me immense pleasure to see McGeady going off at ER for a snivelly wee attempt at cheating. An immense pleasure further enhanced by the look of disbelief on his gub.

Any other favourite sendings off? :dunno:

Wheat Hound
20-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Jankauskas in the unbeatable Derby 2005.

Gary MacKay in a few derbies.

heretoday
20-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Peter Cormack was sent off in really spectacular fashion against Hearts in, I think, 1967. It was at Easter road and the game was pretty dull. PC went up for a ball in midfield with Tommy Veitch. They both landed, Cormack leapt up and kicked Veitch full in the back as he lay on the ground.

The ref sent him off immediately whereupon PC went for him and had to be restrained by messrs Graham and McBride. Everyone was nonplussed at his crazy behaviour.

Oscar T Grouch
20-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I always enjoyed Mikey stewart getting a red, so many to choose from but him going flying in the tunnel almost made me piss masel :rotflmao:

Jamesie
20-07-2010, 09:58 PM
One I would have enjoyed immensely would have been David Beaumont at Easter Road on 20 February 1994. :grr:

matty_f
20-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Amongst the other bollox that fitba commentators spout, you can regularly hear the opinion that 'no-one likes to see players getting sent off'.

Plainly false. It gave me immense pleasure to see McGeady going off at ER for a snivelly wee attempt at cheating. An immense pleasure further enhanced by the look of disbelief on his gub.

Any other favourite sendings off? :dunno:

Sooooooooooooouuuunesss!:thumbsup:

marinello59
20-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Seeing any Old Firm player being sent off gives me immense pleasure. Even when we are not playing them.

Jack
20-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Players get red cards because they are cheating or have shown a disrespect for the game. Thats sad.

Sick Boy
20-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I always enjoyed Mikey stewart getting a red, so many to choose from but him going flying in the tunnel almost made me piss masel :rotflmao:

:agree::thumbsup: Definitely. I still watch it occasionally and it never fails to raise a smile. :greengrin Indulge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVLpoDSYX4

lapsedhibee
20-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Players get red cards because they are cheating or have shown a disrespect for the game. Thats sad.

Yep, sad that they cheat and show disrespect. But not sad when they get sent off for it. That's thoroughly excellent :thumbsup:

son of haggart
21-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Peter Cormack was sent off in really spectacular fashion against Hearts in, I think, 1967. It was at Easter road and the game was pretty dull. PC went up for a ball in midfield with Tommy Veitch. They both landed, Cormack leapt up and kicked Veitch full in the back as he lay on the ground.

The ref sent him off immediately whereupon PC went for him and had to be restrained by messrs Graham and McBride. Everyone was nonplussed at his crazy behaviour.

I remember a sense of disbelief around the ground.

Veitch wasn't a saint as a player , but not an out an out thug, Th suspicion was however that Veitch had fgot him on the sly somehow - there's a stroy there somewhere...

1875godsgift
21-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Personnally I think Kyle Laugh-at-me should get sent off every time he walks on the pitch because of his imaginary head butt.
The teams line up, the whistle's just about to be blown for the start of the game.
The ref points at Laugh-at-me and shows him the red card.
Every single game for a whole season.
He wouldn't do that again, would he?

vahibbie
21-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Sooooooooooooouuuunesss!:thumbsup:

The best one:thumbsup:
I don't think I've ever cursed at anyone so much since then:greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
21-07-2010, 05:37 AM
One I would have enjoyed immensely would have been David Beaumont at Easter Road on 20 February 1994. :grr:

Agreed - BIG TIME !!

Why did he not just take the red card, if I rememeber there was only a few minutes left. :boo hoo:

Kojock
21-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Agreed - BIG TIME !!

Why did he not just take the red card, if I rememeber there was only a few minutes left. :boo hoo:

Because like everyone else in the ground that day including the Yams they thought, "that useless Hearts Twat will never score from there". :boo hoo:

heretoday
21-07-2010, 11:18 AM
I remember a sense of disbelief around the ground.

Veitch wasn't a saint as a player , but not an out an out thug, Th suspicion was however that Veitch had fgot him on the sly somehow - there's a stroy there somewhere...

A terracing wag - remember them? - thought it might be a case of PMT on Cormack's part.