PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hun Danny Wilson to Liverpool £2m

steviecarnie
20-07-2010, 05:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8839525.stm

Austinho
20-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Should be good news for the Scotland national team in the long run.

PiemanP
20-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Should be good news for the Scotland national team in the long run.

i think it would be better for the lads development if he stayed at rangers for a few years playing regular football. How many games is he going to get in the liverpool first team?

steviecarnie
20-07-2010, 06:09 PM
i think it would be better for the lads development if he stayed at rangers for a few years playing regular football. How many games is he going to get in the liverpool first team?

true but learning from premiership quality players (and kyrgiakos) week in week out can only be beneficial.

Lofarl
20-07-2010, 06:11 PM
He does seem to be a good prospect. Glad he's away from the Huns

Woody1985
20-07-2010, 06:12 PM
true but learning from premiership quality players (and kyrgiakos) week in week out can only be beneficial.

Yep, what's better? Playing with and against players like Gerrard and Torres or Edu and Miller on the training ground. Throw some first team games in and it will help his development.

_hucks_
20-07-2010, 06:19 PM
He'll probably get some games I'd imagine - Glen Johnson is a good player but at the age he's at he doesn't perform for the whole season

kevinc
20-07-2010, 06:39 PM
He'll probably get some games I'd imagine - Glen Johnson is a good player but at the age he's at he doesn't perform for the whole season

Eh?Glen Johnson is 25 and Danny wilson is a centre-half!

houston1875
20-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Eh?Glen Johnson is 25 and Danny wilson is a centre-half!

And wilsons left footed...chances at left back maybe?

kevinc
20-07-2010, 07:15 PM
And wilsons left footed...chances at left back maybe?

Think he is there for CB, wouldn't be surprised to see him making a few 1st team starts.

houston1875
20-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Think he is there for CB, wouldn't be surprised to see him making a few 1st team starts.

Aye look at the cb at fulham last season,smalling
So a think Roy will give Wilson a chance,this season?

steviecarnie
20-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Aye look at the cb at fulham last season,smalling
So a think Roy will give Wilson a chance,this season?

tbf to fulham, liverpool are a totally different level, i think he'll be a Carling Cup player at first, unless major injuries happen.

houston1875
20-07-2010, 09:03 PM
tbf to fulham, liverpool are a totally different level, i think he'll be a Carling Cup player at first, unless major injuries happen.

Maybe but if you look at the 1st team defence,kinda lacking in depth? Plus if we dinae get a left back that could mean Jamie g or even agger in that position? Then u got a Soti kiripiri as cb,a possibly tired skyrtel,then your looking at the reserves then as you say injuries? Gonna be interesting to see who else comes in?

Ps some of best pool players in years were 17-19 years old? Owen,Fowler Stevie G? Tho they weren't defenders?

sixtwo
20-07-2010, 09:32 PM
How many games he plays will depend on how good he is. His competition for the centre half berth will be kyrgiakos. He is total dung imo!

seanraff07
20-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I'd like to think he'll be played infront of Kyrgiakos.

bob12345
20-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Well Carragher plays. I'd not worry too much about the Greek dud, Agger and Skrtel both looked pretty good at the World Cup. Insua pretty much has the left back role, but I'd say he would be next In the pecking order after them. Benitez rotated, not sure Hodgson will do the same - although always the Carling Cup.

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Well Carragher plays. I'd not worry too much about the Greek dud, Agger and Skrtel both looked pretty good at the World Cup. Insua pretty much has the left back role, but I'd say he would be next In the pecking order after them. Benitez rotated, not sure Hodgson will do the same - although always the Carling Cup.He is leaving for fiorentina.

As for wilson he is not much better than hanlon IMO.

aberhibsfc
20-07-2010, 11:32 PM
English teams have paid premium prices for young players in the past buying into their potential e.g Walcott. Previously a club like Liverpool could take a gamble but this would have been an expensive one. Wilson could almost be forgiven for wondering if he is making the right move at this stage in his career. Given Liverpool's current situation and the substantial deal agreed I feel Liverpool are buying Wilson with a serious view to their 1st team. Good for the youngster, even better if he plays and progresses onto the Scotland team. Playing in a team with, hopefully, Gerrard and company can only be good for him. I'd like to see more of these young Scottish lads crack the EPL and SPL it would bode well for the Scotland team.
Perhaps the economical reality in the UK may see a return to the old days when Scottish players were at the heart of any decent English side. :saltireflag

I've got mixed feelings as far as Rangers are concerned. They are losing a promising player which seems like they are losing their advantage, however they will be able to play Goncalves and Webster and will now have up to £5 million to play with. :confused:

Will the money go towards the debt? I believe it should, or will Smith be allowed more leverage in the transfer market? In that case I'd rather he went for £1 million rather than the potential £5 million reported.

It's frustrating that Rangers and Hearts have amassed substantial debts and go without punishment. We are managed properly which I hope will see us reap the benefits in the future should these clubs are affected by their self-imposed problems. At least we can all sleep at night knowing that Hibs will continue to appear on future seasons fixture lists.

Rangers and Hearts behaviour irritates me, it reminds me of Livingston, a Livingston which prevented other teams access to the SPL from within and below whilst fielding a team of virtually unemployed players. Experienced players which hung around to play in the League Cup against a team of Hibs youngsters. A national cup competition which attracted around 5,000 Livingston fans (what was the point), and scarpered after they got their medals. :furious:

This has turned into a thread hijack, apologies. I got myself annoyed there. :embarrass

Why should I get annoyed at Rangers, Hearts or Livingston when the administrators of our game just let things plod along without action. Three associations which can't work together or on their own. One of the reasons Hibs and other SPL teams are coming into Europe so early is down to the co-efficient, ok SPL teams haven't fared that well. But how do the administrators think a blooming SFL team is going to cope, which has also hammered our co-efficient. It's like giving other countries a bye. :rules:

Going into these competitions, we are now in a pot of teams which begin their seasons earlier than us. Administrators which wont even bring the season forward a few weeks (I'm no talking summer football) to give us at least a fighting chance. How many times have Hibs ripped EPL teams in pre-season due to us being a few weeks further into pre-season. The same is happening to us and others now in Europe. Many teams SPL sides have struggled against in early rounds would have been beaten or at least have a battle on their hands if we were a few games into our domestic season. :grr:

Right, I'm switching this pc off, I only came on to check an e-mail. I'm away to lie down before I succumb to any other worldly issues.
:faint:

Oscar Lomax
21-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Wilson is a class act, you can tell he is going to be a good one. The next Alan Hansen.

Kyle A
21-07-2010, 12:59 AM

Yeah but Man Utd signed Smalling from Fulham and thats all down to Hodgeson putting him in the first team

Speedway
21-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Wilson is a class act, you can tell he is going to be a good one. The next Alan Hansen.

Nah, he hasn't got a Mary's Prayer of playing at Anfield whether in the full season or even the Second Summer of Love.

cad
21-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Good move for the boy , whether he can hack it is another thing .
Take it Bambas no in Roys plans anymore ,awe well plenty other parties interested .

Steve20
21-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Good move for him. If Carragher, who is woeful, can get a game then I am sure Wilson will break into the first team before long.