PDA

View Full Version : Do you want vuvuzelas to be banned at Easter Road?

Diclonius
20-07-2010, 03:05 PM
There's a growing movement down south about banning the vuvuzela. Would you want Hibs to follow suit?

Personally, whilst I don't hold them in high regard, I don't think we should ban them. I got used to them over the course of the World Cup.

RoslinInstHibby
20-07-2010, 03:09 PM
nah, defo ban em, they are a right pain, bad enough hearing them on tv, but if the guy sitting right behind you at ER has one then you would be pretty peeved

Hibs On Tour
20-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Defo ban them. Save SO many people from being twatted with them for being a twat and bringing one to a game to be a pest! Petrie! :grr:

NaeTechnoHibby
20-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Given that they are selling a similar item in the Club Shop, that would be hypocrisy :agree:

Keith_M
20-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Given that they are selling a similar item in the Club Shop, that would be hypocrisy :agree:

Honestly? Something that can blow your Eardrums out at 127 decibels?

"The Hear the World Foundation - set up by Swiss hearing products group Phonax to raise awareness about hearing loss - has warned that extended exposure to such noise risks permanent hearing"
Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10312794)

Borders Hibby
20-07-2010, 03:18 PM
There's a growing movement down south about banning the vuvuzela. Would you want Hibs to follow suit?

Personally, whilst I don't hold them in high regard, I don't think we should ban them. I got used to them over the course of the World Cup.

Ruined the watching of the world cup, the reaction of the crowd is part of football and it was drowned out by a monotone drone! Never heard fans singing or cheering.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Oh god yes.

marinello59
20-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't stop at banning them from Easter Road. Ban them from Scotland.

seanraff07
20-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Definitely ban them, they're annoying enough watching a match on the TV never mind being at the game.:grr:

HibeeB
20-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes!! Ban them now!!!

If you want to sit next to a trumpet go to the PBS :greengrin

heretoday
20-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't think you need to go to the lengths of actually banning them. People will get bored and annoyed with them if indeed they appear at all and they won't last long.

Westie1875
20-07-2010, 03:46 PM
yes, ban them now.

Alan Thomson
20-07-2010, 03:50 PM
THat's a definite BAN

iwasthere1972
20-07-2010, 04:03 PM

Difference being at least you could turn the sound off on your tv opposed to telling someone in person to shut up.

Yes please ban them. They are a nuisance.

jdships
20-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh god yes.

:top marks :thumbsup:

ionahibby
20-07-2010, 04:08 PM
They better bloody annoying things :grr: and anyway surely they could be used as an offensive weapon im sure the local constabulary will have something to say about that!

iwasthere1972
20-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Just had a look at the poll results and by jove these vuvezelas can't be as bad as I originally thought.

There's a higher percentage of folks wanting them at ER than there were wanting Yogi to stay prior to our final game last season.

:devil:

Jack
20-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I think any at Easter Road will toot toot toot rather than the drone throughout the game.
I also think that during the Hibs kids games the bairns will be tooting them.
TBH I'd rather have them than some of the songs we, as a support, sing.

capi
20-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Why would you want to ban a legendary German footballer from coming to see Hibs???:confused:

--------
20-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Yes. They discourage spectators from singing and chanting and drown out those who do.

The only musical instruments I would allow in football grounds are those that encourage supporters to sing and chant. I wouldn't mind a drummer to get chants and clapping going, or even a decent band to start folks singing.

(By that I mean the sort of bands the Dutch supporters had a few year back, not that obnoxious freakin English mob with their "Da-da, dada-dada, dada, da-dadadada-dada... INGLUND!" nonsense.)

Besides, I don't see why the NHS should be overwhelmed with numpties turning up at E&R units every Saturday evening to have the rotten things surgically extracted from their various bodily orifices. :grr:

--------
20-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Why would you want to ban a legendary German footballer from coming to see Hibs???:confused:

OOOOOOH! You're GOOD! :not worth

VERY nice one.... :applause::applause::applause:

:aok:

capi
20-07-2010, 04:25 PM

I thank you.
Now I'll get my coat:offski:

Storar
20-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Ruined the watching of the world cup, the reaction of the crowd is part of football and it was drowned out by a monotone drone! Never heard fans singing or cheering.

Rubbish!
The atmosphere and noise generated by vuvuzelas have by far surpassed anything I've ever experienced in Scotland (AEK aside).
I'm bringing tonnes back home with me so if anybody wants one then drop me a pm, gonna hand them out for nothing outside ER for the first SPL game of the season.

And to the people who think they're going to 'twat' me with it, and the perverts who seem so keen to shove it up my arse, just remember which one of is going to be holding the meter long peice of plastic!

Also, whoever genuinely thinks that their ears are in danger from vuvuzelas at a football match is just a bit of a mong:agree:

MSK
20-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Rubbish!
The atmosphere and noise generated by vuvuzelas have by far surpassed anything I've ever experienced in Scotland (AEK aside).
I'm bringing tonnes back home with me so if anybody wants one then drop me a pm, gonna hand them out for nothing outside ER for the first SPL game of the season.

And to the people who think they're going to 'twat' me with it, and the perverts who seem so keen to shove it up my arse, just remember which one of is going to be holding the meter long peice of plastic!

Also, whoever genuinely thinks that their ears are in danger from vuvuzelas at a football match is just a bit of a mong:agree:Wooo....:worried: ..root toot ...:trumpet:

Storar
20-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Wooo....:worried:
exactly :wink:

--------
20-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I thank you.
Now I'll get my coat:offski:

I must say - I mean this MOST sincerely - that must be one of the best football puns ever.

I'm just ragin I didn't think of it myself.... :thumbsup:

MSK
20-07-2010, 04:39 PM
exactly :wink:Aw dinnae ...

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Or he was listening to talksport this afternoon? :wink:

Steve20
20-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't ban them

Bishop Hibee
20-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Fuss about nothing. They'll be at the bottom of the toy box by Christmas but if they do become a genuine pest then restrict them to the Famous Five "family" stand away from me :greengrin

jarre1875
20-07-2010, 05:51 PM
ban then instantly, cant think of a worse sound ay easter road apart from yams and old firm fans

--------
20-07-2010, 05:52 PM

Spoilsport!

:rolleyes:

ekhibee
20-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I don't like them, or the sound of them, but that's just my opinion. And they are NOT part of South African culture, they only became popular there about 5 years ago. But to be quite honest, I don't really see the point in moaning about it. All that does is give a platform to people who don't really give a **** about other people's hearing, and the damage it could do. So if you're a selfish prat then go ahead, use it.

Storar
20-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't like them, or the sound of them, but that's just my opinion. And they are NOT part of South African culture, they only became popular there about 5 years ago. But to be quite honest, I don't really see the point in moaning about it. All that does is give a platform to people who don't really give a **** about other people's hearing, and the damage it could do. So if you're a selfish prat then go ahead, use it.

Very good. And if you're a baby cry about it etc

As an aside, how long is it before something can be accepted as part of someones culture?

Borders Hibby
20-07-2010, 06:08 PM

WindyMiller
20-07-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.epochtimes.de/pics/2006/11/15/xxl/2006-11-15-xxl--BUNTE_PERSONALITY_SEELER_PORTRAET_low_FRA503.jpg

Sir David Gray
20-07-2010, 07:55 PM
As much as I can't stand them, I don't think there's any need to ban them as they'll be nothing more than a brief fad in this country.

They'll be old news by Christmas.

fiolex1
20-07-2010, 07:56 PM
My mate Dave a Jambo says that they're getting banned at Tynie, however they will be allowed to get each other a Rusty Trombone!!

What kind of noise does that make:sick:

--------
20-07-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.epochtimes.de/pics/2006/11/15/xxl/2006-11-15-xxl--BUNTE_PERSONALITY_SEELER_PORTRAET_low_FRA503.jpg

That's the boy!

Leon, 1970, the equaliser that sent the quarter-final into extra time.

Which led in due course to a third goal by Gerd Muller and the welcome demise of Sralf Smarmey's Engerlund; and to a somewhat inebriated Doddie having to bolt out of the University Union in Teviot Place with a bunch of irate vet students from Derbyshire hard on his heels....

For some reason they appeared to be intending to do him harm.... :devil:

OOOOOVAY! OOOOOVAY! OOOOOVAY! :thumbsup:

The Silver Fox
20-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Someone will end up in court as soon as the season satrts for giving a vuvuzelas blower a thick ear. Trouble is they are made of about 3p worth of plastic and every hooky seller outside the ground will be punting them.

down the slope
20-07-2010, 08:57 PM
If you let them in you can forget the singing section.

--------
20-07-2010, 08:58 PM

:agree:

Saorsa
20-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Ban them :agree:

cheltenhamhibee
21-07-2010, 01:24 AM
the proctologists in A&E could be quite busy on a match day removing said vuvuzelas from the folks erses after they've had them shoved where the sun doesn't shine

Sandy
21-07-2010, 05:30 AM
the proctologists in A&E could be quite busy on a match day removing said vuvuzelas from the folks erses after they've had them shoved where the sun doesn't shine

Yup and if some little tw@t started blowing one (fnar fnar) near me I would shove it so far up his erchie that it would be his dentist he would need to see to get it removed. BAN THEM.

weecounty hibby
21-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Ban them, ER atmosphere is bad enough without that to make it worse.

Big Frank
21-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I would rathe Hibernian BANNED all those huns who continue to sing their sectarian bile every time the visit ER. We have their names/addresses and seat numbers, Hibernian and Lothian and Borders Police turn a blind eye.

I would rather Hibernina BANNED all those soapies who sing their bigotted "poetry". See above.

I would rather Hibernian BANNED all those yams who bring their Union Flags and Red Hands to ER with the sole intention of winding up the home support.

Kiddies trumpets? Way doon the line.

Joe Baker II
21-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Not too fussed but ban seems unneccesarily restrictive practice. So long as Hibs Board do not take the usual cowardly line and say they have been banned as a health and safety/police recomendation - that really would be pathetic.

ginger_rice
21-07-2010, 08:55 AM
BBC yesterday reprted that they are being banned in many grounds as they "drown out traditional songs and chants".

Perhaps they should be made compulsory at Easter Road when the Old firm come calling then. :greengrin

capi
21-07-2010, 10:17 AM

:grr: damn you Blackpoolhibs. What about my 15 minutes of fame??:greengrin

I'll send an apology to the brilliant Hawksbey and Jacobs for my blatant bit of plagiarism. :hide:

--------
21-07-2010, 11:38 AM

I'll send an apology to the brilliant Hawksbey and Jacobs for my blatant bit of plagiarism. :hide:

Ignore him - he's just an crabby auld misery with too much time on his hands.... :wink:

Plagiarism is simply the creative art of being well-informed.

deeks01
21-07-2010, 05:47 PM
tricky one..

probably about the only noise you'll get at ER most games next season , if folk are using them , but on the other hand they're extremely bloody annoying and anyone blowing one near me at the wrong time will need an operation to have it removed from his err.... nose? :wink:

I voted no though cos like I say we're unlikely to get much noise from the stands next season. :grr:

hibee92
21-07-2010, 06:09 PM

what about a vuvuzela section? :wink:

BAN THEM! :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
21-07-2010, 06:44 PM
So what if a few folk want to blow a trumpet at the football. How dare they want to make a noise!

It's hardly gonna be like in south Africa where there's 10000 of the things being blown. There'll be a couple of hundred, tops.

And as for the SFA banning them, as someone else said, there would be a cheek to ban a trumpet while the old firm still got away with chanting their bile.

And well done to all the hardmen that say they're gonna hit kids with it for blowing it. Cos it will only be kids that use them.

As I say, for the small amount that will be used, I can't see it drowning out any singing so should add to the atmosphere

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 07:16 PM

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
21-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Vuvuzelas? Not another one from Kaunus!

I do think it would be a shame to ban him before he has even played for the Yams though, and I certainly wouldn't ban him before Zaliukus - he is a dirty barsteward.

I say give Vuvuzelas a chance, for all we know he might go on to become a Lithuanian Nade and give us all hours of fun.

Jay
21-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I grew to love them at the World Cup. They epitomised South Africas spirit and what the World Cup meant to them and the fans that had travelled.

As said before it wouldn't be a hundred thousand of the things at ER it would be maybe a hundred or so the first time then dwindling away over a few weeks unless they sell them in the shop on Hibs Kids days which would be very stupid lets be honest. There were a couple at Dunfermline. My kids would love them and although I wouldn't let them take them to ER because I know people dont want them there I would defo let them get some.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Definitely. Ban them now. **** sitting next to someone blowing on one of those for 90min.