PDA

View Full Version : Do we need anyone else ?

DAZ86
20-07-2010, 12:09 PM
In light of our friendly results and also looking at our squad online, Do we need any futher signings??

I think some areas that needed depth now have that. If we get Gow in aswell as a sqaud player, will we have enough depth to finish third and get to the europa group stage ??

Diclonius
20-07-2010, 12:16 PM
A centre back, striker and defensive midfielder.

Steve20
20-07-2010, 12:18 PM
If no one was to leave, I still think we need a striker, a centre half and a left back.

GlesgaeHibby
20-07-2010, 12:20 PM
In light of our friendly results and also looking at our squad online, Do we need any futher signings??

I think some areas that needed depth now have that. If we get Gow in aswell as a sqaud player, will we have enough depth to finish third and get to the europa group stage ??

I'd like to see

Outs:
Byrne (just don't think he's got it)
Scott Smith (Loan)
Lee Currie (Loan)

Ins:
Alan Gow (think he could be a valuable player for us and we didn't get to see him at his best on loan due to injuries)
Another Fullback

DAZ86
20-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Left Back ??
Back Four : Hanlon Hogg Bamba Hart

Murray in midfield or defence - also stephens to play in there aswell , bamba can be pushed forward into midfield.

I dont think we need a left back.

I would get a new centre half in place of Hogg , cant see Hogg going though.

I agree we need a striker.

Steve20
20-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Hanlon should be played at centre half and not at left back, imo.

M11BMO
20-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Left Back ??
Back Four : Hanlon Hogg Bamba Hart

Murray in midfield or defence - also stephens to play in there aswell , bamba can be pushed forward into midfield.

I dont think we need a left back.

I would get a new centre half in place of Hogg , cant see Hogg going though.

I agree we need a striker.

Hanlon's provisionally a CB thesedays and Hart is a RB. So I would say a LB would be a priority. I think we can get better than Murray in that position IMO.

sahib
20-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Hanlon should be played at centre half and not at left back, imo.

:agree: Looked much better in the middle.

aberhibsfc
20-07-2010, 04:52 PM
If we want to hit top six probably not.

If we want to claim a Euro spot, possibly mount a serious threat in the two domestic cups, achieve Europa group stages, possibly next KO round and stretch to a potential 2nd spot, then yes we will could still add a selective few with that neccessary quality to our existing squad.

We have a better squad than last season, but a season long campaign with extra european competition (hopefully more than one tie), we will experience injuries, fatigue, suspensions possibly even loss of form. To combat this you have to have quality to replace quality.

This is one of the major reasons Celtic and Rangers lord it in the SPL. They have depth to call upon, others, if lucky have at best a decent 11 possibly one or two others but this becomes stretched and pressured over the course of a season.

Spike Mandela
20-07-2010, 05:45 PM

For me our problem area last year was midfield where we lacked physicality and in many games were out passed and outplayed and lacked creativity. We have only signed one midfielder:confused:

With Zemmam still injured it suggests another season using journeymen like Rankin, McBride and Stevenson in large part. One right back signed seemed good business until we loaned out McCann who I had high hopes for which woulsd suggest any injury to Hart and we again lose Wotherspoon from midfield as cover.

Of course there may be new gems from the youth squad including the new centre half who can be factored in to add depth to the squad.

It would seem we have an OK squad but depth in most areas I'm not so sure:hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I believe if Bamba's away, we need another centre half, a left back and another central midfielder. Also a left sided midfielder, and a target man better than Nish. We might get 1 maybe 2 of that lot if we are lucky.

easty
20-07-2010, 06:14 PM
A left back whose prefferred position is at left back, not a centre half who "can" play there, and an experienced no nonsence aggresive big centre half, don't need anyone who wants to play any football particularly.

If we can get those 2 positions sorted out it would make us a more complete/solid team.

BT58
20-07-2010, 06:24 PM
with JH stating in the medja this morning that we will have to sell due to new stand, pitch, under soil heating, it looks like someone is for the offski[probably bamba].
We need an experienced ch, a defensive midfielder, and probably another striker, but would JH get all the cash from the sale of the said bamba ???????
any new guys coming in now would be at a disadvantage as with hibs now been back for 3 weeks now and would have to play catch up in the training stakes
b

SalfordHibs
20-07-2010, 07:49 PM
with JH stating in the medja this morning that we will have to sell due to new stand, pitch, under soil heating, it looks like someone is for the offski[probably bamba].
We need an experienced ch, a defensive midfielder, and probably another striker, but would JH get all the cash from the sale of the said bamba ???????
any new guys coming in now would be at a disadvantage as with hibs now been back for 3 weeks now and would have to play catch up in the training stakes
b

Ideally i would like Richard Foster from Aberdeen natural left back with plenty of pace, Experienced centre half, Darren Dods/Andy Webster

Striker would be Leigh Griffiths, if we were to loose 3 that's who i would like to see in their place.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't believe our squad is strong enough, at the moment, to finish 3rd.

Craig_in_Prague
20-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Not seen anything of the new young centre half, but if Bamba is away and even if he's decent, we need another CH.

Think we badly need another central midfielder who can fight and dig in the middle of the park.

would also be nice to have another left sided midfielder, Rankin isn't reliable all season long, and it would give us an option to go 4-3-3 with Deek a left sided striker not LM player.

It's always a long season and we need 2-3 decent players to come into the squad if we want to match or better last seasons effort. Not sure we really need another striker, we have goals in the team, perhaps someone who can create would be a bonus if Zouma aint in the plans.

bingo70
20-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Ideally i'd like us to sign another couple of players, a defensive midfielder to replace Mcbride and a replacement for Benji to partner Stokes and put Nish back to being a squad player, however if we don't get them i'd be happy enough to go in with what we've got instead of buying players for problem positions for the sake of it like we have done in the past.

We weren't a million miles off 3rd last season and the signings we've made should improve us plus IMO all the other teams around us appear to have been weakened during the summer, with the possible exception of hearts but IMO we're still better than them.

SalfordHibs
20-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Not seen anything of the new young centre half, but if Bamba is away and even if he's decent, we need another CH.

Think we badly need another central midfielder who can fight and dig in the middle of the park.

would also be nice to have another left sided midfielder, Rankin isn't reliable all season long, and it would give us an option to go 4-3-3 with Deek a left sided striker not LM player.

It's always a long season and we need 2-3 decent players to come into the squad if we want to match or better last seasons effort. Not sure we really need another striker, we have goals in the team, perhaps someone who can create would be a bonus if Zouma aint in the plans.

How about

Brown

Hart Stephens Webster/Dodds Foster

Wotherspoon Miller Murray Degraff

Stokes Deek

sesoim
20-07-2010, 09:39 PM
LB, CB and CF.

Laursen/Murphy, Sauzee and Mixu types please.

jacomo
20-07-2010, 09:50 PM
We still look light in both full back positions, but I reckon Yogi has addressed the balance of the squad this summer.

You can always improve, of course, but I'm reasonably happy with his work so far.

hibee92
20-07-2010, 10:35 PM

It can only be a good sign if some fans are questioning whether we even need to bring new faces in :agree: personally, if Yogi prefers Deek out wide, I'd be hoping for another striker to challenge Stokesy and Nish. Preferably a young, cheap back-up to effectively fill the position that Benji left (If Kurtis isn't ready for first team football yet)

Although I think that we need a left back that is, by trade, a left back, rather than shuffling between Murray, Hanlon and occasionally Stevenson, if the reviews on Callum Booth are accurate I'd like to see him given a good run at the first team at the end of his loan deal.

Also I agree that at many points last season we were bullied off the ball in midfield due to lack of strength or height, but rather than branching out I'd like to see Bamba back in midfield if he is still a Hibernian player come the end of the window.

The Hibs team, in my opinion has enough talent to challenge for 3rd place this year and no more, but a little more depth is required so bringing in Gow as a back-up wouldn't be a bad move.

easty
20-07-2010, 11:02 PM
How about

Brown

Hart Stephens Webster/Dodds Foster

Wotherspoon Miller Murray Degraff

Stokes Deek

Andy Webster? I'd be delighted but no chance we'll get him. Aren't Rangers making out like he's their big summer signing after getting him back from Utd? If he's fit he'll be playing for them.

yekimevol
20-07-2010, 11:09 PM
target man up front.

left mid as the only natural ones is danny galbraith who does not get a game.
a big strong center mid to stop our midfield getten pushed off the ball.

defence would perfer to give the kids and current players a chance as we allways should with our kids.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I'd like to see a cheeky wee bid for Simon Mensing at Hamilton on a 2 year contract. Let him know he wouldn't play every game, but would be what we need on occassion...

Sloppy
20-07-2010, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see

Outs:
Byrne (just don't think he's got it)
Scott Smith (Loan)
Lee Currie (Loan)

Ins:
Alan Gow (think he could be a valuable player for us and we didn't get to see him at his best on loan due to injuries)
Another Fullback
you steaming mate?

MrSmith
20-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Don't think Byrne has it either. Seen him a few times and he did not look like a natural striker to me and...his passion for the game isn't there.

truehibernian
20-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Kurtis didn't look like a natural striker because Yogi played him either on the right flank or just behind the striker (the very limited times he got on). Still had time to assist a Nish winner v Aberdeen at ER too :wink:. He is a good young player not being played to his natural position. Sadly though he may go the same way as young Damon who I still think Hibs got rid of far far too hastily. Kurtis just needs a wee run of games. Trust me he does not lack any confidence (which is a positive)

MrSmith
20-07-2010, 11:54 PM
He gives up to easily for my liking. Spirit and fight disappear when things don't go his way and his vision for what is going on around him and more importantly in front of him is extremely limited. But maybe you are right, he is young and a run of games may change this.

truehibernian
20-07-2010, 11:58 PM
You have just described a very young impetuous Derek Riordan mate. He was loaned, learned the trade, worked with good old pro's, and became the player he did. Same can happen with Kurtis however he needs games, needs to be played up top, and he is used to playing alongside a more bullying type striker in a 4-4-2 when he was alongside Paddy Deane. Give him time. Sean Welsh for me is the star in the making and it's heartbreaking if he has another bad injury. Beautiful footballer to watch and will be a huge player for Hibs if he comes through this latest set back.

hibs0666
21-07-2010, 07:53 AM
With Bamba offski we are in dire need of a centre back with experience.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2010, 08:03 AM
With Bamba offski we are in dire need of a centre back with experience.

:agree:

Andy74
21-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Yep. I'd have been making duberry an offer! That's the sort we need.

J-C
21-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Still not convinced Hogg is our answer but as Hibs captain and Yogi backing him as that, he looks to be a stick on for a CH place, I'd be inclined to get in a decent big CH to partner Hanlon and tell Hogg to work harder for his place. Murray is being found out at LB due to his lack of pace, so LB is a must and put Murray in as a holdind midfielder or as a sweeper. Nish isn't the answer to our striker replacement, we need a good back up for Stokes when he gets tired or off form.

mjhibby
21-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I think its just a commanding ch we need.Someone who stands up to cfs,reads the game well and can bring along hanlon and stephens.Bamba is a good player but plays for himself and hogg isnt good enough to look out for others.These type of players cost money and i suspect a championship player is lined up if/when bamba goes.Could be of course yogi has another dutch player in mind.If bamba does go then we do desperately need the aforementioned ch.Annoyed the bamba thing is still dragging on with the europa league game only 8 days away but not surprised.The team for these games will be from the players in holland and hopefully that will see us through the tie.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Yep. I'd have been making duberry an offer! That's the sort we need.

Good shout Andy74!

Cocaine&Caviar
21-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Wth the assumption of Bamba's departure.

GK: Brown, Stack, Smith, Flyn

DR: Hart, Wotherspoon
DL: Murray, Stevenson
DC: Hanlon, Stephens
DC: Hogg, Thicot

MR: De Graaf, Zemmama
ML: Riordan, Galbraith
MC: Miller, Welsh
MC: McBride, Rankin

ST: Stokes,
ST: Nish, Byrne

With all of our options on the right hand side able to play in the middle, and Wotherspoon's ability to cover right back when need be, we aren't in too bad shape. I would like to see another forward in, perhaps give Gow a proper chance.

Especially considering the squads of Motherwell and Aberdeen, however United and Hearts are in decent shape to challenge us for third.