PDA

View Full Version : Gow No More?

Boris
20-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Greetings from sunny Holland. No sign of Gow last night so assume either the Plymouth coach was at the wynd-up or Yogi has thought better of it. Deek back in the fold though & scored a wonderful winning goal, curling a freekick from fully 30 yards - right-footed by the way - up & over the wall & keeper with pace & into the far corner.

Defence looked more solid. Been very impressed with Hart at right-back, both defensively & with his runs up the right. Paul Hanlon looks like he's been on the weights & that added to his undoubted talent as a central defender has meant him looking part too in pre-season. I reckon its between Stack & Brown for the no.1 keeper slot with Stack, with his new shaven-headed look, maybe just edging ahead.

For the programme collectors - nothing issued last night I'm sad to say.

brog
20-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Greetings from sunny Holland. No sign of Gow last night so assume either the Plymouth coach was at the wynd-up or Yogi has thought better of it. Deek back in the fold though & scored a wonderful winning goal, curling a freekick from fully 30 yards - right-footed by the way - up & over the wall & keeper with pace & into the far corner.

Defence looked more solid. Been very impressed with Hart at right-back, both defensively & with his runs up the right. Paul Hanlon looks like he's been on the weights & that added to his undoubted talent as a central defender has meant him looking part too in pre-season. I reckon its between Stack & Brown for the no.1 keeper slot with Stack, with his new shaven-headed look, maybe just edging ahead.

Thanks for this, couldn't agree more about the keepers.

Conrad Gray
20-07-2010, 09:44 AM

Do you know if there was a programme for the previous game??

Conrad Gray
20-07-2010, 10:02 AM

Forza Fred
20-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks Jim, always appreciaie eye witness accounts down here.

seanraff07
20-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Someone on here said there was.

--------
20-07-2010, 01:35 PM

Thanks, Boris. Good news about PH - I have high hopes for that laddie. Just needs to add a wee bit muscle and a wee bit bite, IMO.

GGTTH. :thumbsup:

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-07-2010, 04:02 PM

No pun intended with that statement :cool2:

Boris
21-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Yes there was -I did post that on an earlier post regarding the game. It was issued by the Division 2 Amateur club that hosted Friday's game. Nice wee issue - A5, 12 (or maybe it was 16 - can't recall) pages. Cost was 1 euro. Printed black on white. Had a lucky number on the front & doubled up as the half-time draw. Nice wee issue - plenty adverts but decent coverage of both Hibs & Heracles.

As I said, nothing at all issued for Monday's game.

No teamsheets issued for either game. Unless you count, for both games, Brian Rice's hand written team & subs line-up being photocopied for the press lads!

As regards the Heracles game I bought a small supply as requested by the 2 main Hibs programme dealers - Brian Johnston (shop in Albion Road) & Ricky Raginia as well as 5 copies for my mates that asked me to bring them back. Got 1 spare & I can see from your various posts on this sight that you're a Hibby collector so if you're stuck, PM me & you can have it with my compliments.

Understand there will be an issue at Den Haag tonight but as yet unconfirmed.

Boris
21-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks Jim, always appreciaie eye witness accounts down here.

Greetings Fred - nice to hear from you.

Bit like Oz in sunny Holland at the moment - absolutely scorchio. Me & big Frank fair puggled - lost about 3 stone each.......... no that you'd notice like!!!!

dp00
21-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Given the amount of times I've seen ph in nandos there is no wonder he is getting bigger with all that protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeilT
21-07-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205434

Jim44
21-07-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205434

The fact that we're too skint to make a move for Gow is a blessing in diguise.:greengrin