PDA

View Full Version : Yams How ****** a state must that main stand be in now?

hibs0666
19-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm surprised that the council hasn't acted yet, but hey ho...

From December 2003..

Murrayfield Hearts' 'only option'

Tynecastle's pitch is too short for European competitions
Hearts have given their strongest indication yet that they will move to Murrayfield Stadium next season. A document entitled "Tynecastle Stadium - not fit for the purpose", published on the club website, outlines why they must switch from their present home.

Tynecastle's pitch no longer complies with European rules and rebuilding the stadium to suit would cost £36m.

Hearts have failed to find a suitable site for a new £20m stadium and want to share the home of Scottish rugby. Chief executive Chris Robinson's new document follows a war-of-words with former director Leslie Deans, who has urged fans to start a campaign against the move from Tynecastle.

Deans also promised a significant investment in Hearts as long as Robinson left the club.

"The board have taken the position that we cannot continue at Tynecastle and we must consider the opportunity that presents itself" said the Hearts chief executive Chris Robinson
But Robinson's document insists that a move from Tynecastle is the only way of keeping the club viable as rebuilding the stadium is unrealistic.

"The total cost due to having to acquire land and provide infrastructure facilities was some £35.8m compared to costs for a new-build stadium on a peripheral site, where the maximum cost may be in the region of £20m," he states.

Hearts had rebuilt the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie stands in quick succession over the period 1994 to 1997 and planned an 8,000-seat development of the McLeod Street Stand.

Uefa licensing regulations came to light in 2000 stating a minimum pitch length of 100m, but Tynecastle is only 98m long.

"Any examination of the structure of Tynecastle, taking into account the position of the corner towers, will show that it is simply not possible to create even this minimum pitch size," says Robinson.

Council planners would also object to any expansion of the McLeod Street Stand beyond its present boundaries.

Meanwhile, the Scottish Football Association has advised Hearts that they had been having difficulty receiving consent for the club to play their Uefa Cup ties at Tynecastle this season.

Structural Engineers are also concerned about corrosion of the internal steel beams, evacuation routes, the asbestos roof and the timber frame of the old stand.

Sites for a new stadium have been investigated, but Braehead Quarry has been rejected by council planners, while any development at Ingliston Showground would face a lengthy public inquiry due to its proximity to Edinburgh Airport.

Ernie Cobra
19-07-2010, 09:40 PM

From December 2003..

Tynecastle's pitch is too short for European competitions
Hearts have given their strongest indication yet that they will move to Murrayfield Stadium next season. A document entitled "Tynecastle Stadium - not fit for the purpose", published on the club website, outlines why they must switch from their present home.

Tynecastle's pitch no longer complies with European rules and rebuilding the stadium to suit would cost £36m.

Hearts have failed to find a suitable site for a new £20m stadium and want to share the home of Scottish rugby. Chief executive Chris Robinson's new document follows a war-of-words with former director Leslie Deans, who has urged fans to start a campaign against the move from Tynecastle.

Deans also promised a significant investment in Hearts as long as Robinson left the club.

"The board have taken the position that we cannot continue at Tynecastle and we must consider the opportunity that presents itself" said the Hearts chief executive Chris Robinson
But Robinson's document insists that a move from Tynecastle is the only way of keeping the club viable as rebuilding the stadium is unrealistic.

"The total cost due to having to acquire land and provide infrastructure facilities was some £35.8m compared to costs for a new-build stadium on a peripheral site, where the maximum cost may be in the region of £20m," he states.

Hearts had rebuilt the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie stands in quick succession over the period 1994 to 1997 and planned an 8,000-seat development of the McLeod Street Stand.

Uefa licensing regulations came to light in 2000 stating a minimum pitch length of 100m, but Tynecastle is only 98m long.

"Any examination of the structure of Tynecastle, taking into account the position of the corner towers, will show that it is simply not possible to create even this minimum pitch size," says Robinson.

Council planners would also object to any expansion of the McLeod Street Stand beyond its present boundaries.

Meanwhile, the Scottish Football Association has advised Hearts that they had been having difficulty receiving consent for the club to play their Uefa Cup ties at Tynecastle this season.

Structural Engineers are also concerned about corrosion of the internal steel beams, evacuation routes, the asbestos roof and the timber frame of the old stand.

Sites for a new stadium have been investigated, but Braehead Quarry has been rejected by council planners, while any development at Ingliston Showground would face a lengthy public inquiry due to its proximity to Edinburgh Airport.

And? Who gives a toss about thier tinpot stadium? If they went pop tomorrow it would have no impact on my life, if thier stand collapsed it would have no impact on my life.... Hearts who???

hibs0666
19-07-2010, 09:42 PM
And? Who gives a toss about thier tinpot stadium? If they went pop tomorrow it would have no impact on my life, if thier stand collapsed it would have no impact on my life.... Hearts who???

The thread says Yams mate. If you have no interest you didn't need to read it, and I'm surprised you took even more time out to actually reply to a thread you don't give a toss about.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-07-2010, 09:44 PM

From December 2003..

Structural Engineers are also concerned about corrosion of the internal steel beams.

It's effectively ageless though, only appears from the mist once a fortnight during the season, like Brigadoon :greengrin

Ernie Cobra
19-07-2010, 09:50 PM
The thread says Yams mate. If you have no interest you didn't need to read it, and I'm surprised you took even more time out to actually reply to a thread you don't give a toss about.

I know.....surely i can send them an invoice for my time, after all i am more up to speed on thier stadium re development then Vlad. Perhaps if i submit some plans i doodled on this clothes collection sticker i have here to Tynie i could recieve some sort of reimbursement for my time and effort.

Diclonius
19-07-2010, 11:00 PM
They'll be forced to at least knock their Main Stand down when Health and Safety decides the death trap's stood there for long enough. That may force them to build a new one, but it won't be the juggernaut they keep harping on about - I'd expect a replica of the Wheatfield plus dugouts.

I was in there for the St Johnstone semi and was genuinely shocked at how dangerous it appeared to be, not to mention the extremely small inner sanctum which would be no help in an emergency.

That stand could very well collapse during a game, and the avoidable loss of human life is not something I want to see. That thing is a safety hazard.

Phil MaGlass
20-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Mibbe a couple of emails reminding the Health and Safety boys, wont go amiss from well meaning/concerned hertz (ahem) Hibs fans in disguise. :greengrin

brog
20-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Last time I was in that stand, Fat Robbo was playing & it was a death trap then. I'm not being intending to be overly dramatic but it was impossible to get out quickly & to add to it at H/T exits were blocked by people smoking, hopefully that's stopped now.
It has all the attributes of Bradford & is a disaster waiting to happen. Let's all hope there is no repeat of Bradford, too horrific for words, but if this structure was not the Yams it would have been condemned & pulled down years ago.
Letters to the council is a good idea, we may genuinely avert a tragedy.
Alternatively Mad Vlad may go for the mystery fire, middle of the night insurance option!!

ginger_rice
20-07-2010, 08:19 AM
If they hang on much longer they may not be ble to get shot of it anyway , surely it must be about to be awarded listed building status owing to it's age :wink:

blairwallace
20-07-2010, 11:15 AM
anyone on here sit in that end for the CIS semi final in 2007? :dunno:

seanraff07
20-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The stand is an absolute marmalade pot..

Was in there just over a year ago for Hibs vs Hearts Charity Shield u19s or something can't remember exactly, and it honestly felt like the wooden floor was bending when you walked on it, the seats are worse than those that were in the East Terracing.

Diclonius
20-07-2010, 11:43 AM
anyone on here sit in that end for the CIS semi final in 2007? :dunno:

Yeah. Cramped as all hell, and with that absurd roof in the way you could see the pitch and bugger all else.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-07-2010, 11:56 AM
If they hang on much longer they may not be ble to get shot of it anyway , surely it must be about to be awarded listed building status owing to it's age :wink:

Thats a bit of a dilemma... Should we persuade the council to condemn the deathtrap potentially saving lives but increasing their financial woes by forcing them to actually build a new stand, or call for the heap to be listed and they'll be stuck with it......:hmmm:

jgl07
20-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I was in the Main Stand a year ago for the East of Scotland Shield and was horrified by the narrow gangways and stairs. I would hate to be in there with a full capacity.

It must cost a fortune to maintain. That is assuming that any maintenance is done?

seanraff07
20-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I was in the Main Stand a year ago for the East of Scotland Shield and was horrified by the narrow gangways and stairs. I would hate to be in there with a full capacity.

It must cost a fortune to maintain. That is assuming that any maintenance is done?

Yep thats the game i was at, just as well their all boring *******s eh.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
20-07-2010, 02:28 PM

It may be a sh*thole but the fans were having a great time in the Gorgie Suite after the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=6w3bp0K0UdM&feature=related

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I know that FJK wants to bring in the spirit and enthusiasm that he had at Falkirk, but making the stadium resemble Brockville is surely taking things too far. The only stand in the SPL that is near as bad is the corner bit at Tannadice which we got shovelled into a few years back when we took a decent crowd through to a midweek league cup game. Now that is just plain dangerous. Don't care what any H&S certificate says. To get charged full price to balance your erse on seats like that is a disgrace. At least companies like Ryanair give you cheap fares when they shoe-horn you like battery hens.

jakedance
20-07-2010, 04:10 PM
The fat Yams with their blazers with the shiny brass buttons in the City of Edinburgh Council will never force Hearts into anything.

File this thread under "wishful thinking".

JoJo_07
20-07-2010, 04:31 PM

...actually.........

Some of Archibald Leitch's (The Original Architect) work is listed (http://hsewsf.sedsh.gov.uk/hslive/hsstart?P_HBNUM=33338) AND parts of Tynecastle School IS (http://hsewsf.sedsh.gov.uk/hslive/hsstart?P_HBNUM=26950) too.

Jack
20-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Perhaps a Freedom of Information enquiry to the council would give the answers to the reasons behind granting a certificate against what is quite obviously against the public interest.

lEXO
20-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I could,nt give a sh*t about their stand.I dont sit in it, and if those that do are happy with their club, more the fool them.I support a club that is forward thinking and well run.My thoughts are with us and us alone.

Phil D. Rolls
20-07-2010, 04:50 PM
We can say what we like about their stand - we're just jealous that they fill it every week (and have to turn away another 380,000 fans.

jgl07
20-07-2010, 11:22 PM
The fat Yams with their blazers with the shiny brass buttons in the City of Edinburgh Council will never force Hearts into anything.

File this thread under "wishful thinking".
They have long since departed. Milligan and Foulkes are no longer around. The only one left is sleazeball Cardownie and everyone hates him.