PDA

View Full Version : Travel Cost to Europa League Match

Pages : 1 [2]

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Motherwells draw - actualyy knowing who they were playing and having away game second left much more time for a trip to be organised. That makes a massive difference

Totally :agree: mate. ITA are doing thier best under difficult circustances!

Kojock
22-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Hermit Crab - I will see you in the bar for a cold Slovenian beer next week

Main two beers in Slovenia are

Union beer and Laško/Zlatorog beer.

I prefer Zlatorog because the labels are Green & White. :wink:

Spender
22-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I think its also the general lack of information. If ITA were to release a statement of intention along with itinerary I reckon the flight could be salvaged. As it stand there PR is baws. Aye, 500 odd quid please we will tell you about it later :bitchy:

Aye agreed, even if they had itinerary A Maribor, intinerary B budapest with approx timings this would give people a more informed choice, also say 3 prices based on the economy of scale ie price based on 200, 400 500 seater plane, I dont mean to be critical,and I do apprieciate that their is a company ready to take the trouble given the short notice, but have I found the whole thing frustrating.

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 07:46 PM
My mates just been on the phone to someone from ITA in the last half hour , the boy said everything is sound with the charter and that he doesn't know where the stories are coming from . Neither my mate or myself have had any e-mail suggesting otherwise :agree:

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Aye agreed, even if they had itinerary A Maribor, intinerary B budapest with approx timings this would give people a more informed choice, also say 3 prices based on the economy of scale ie price based on 200, 400 500 seater plane, I dont mean to be critical,and I do apprieciate that their is a company ready to take the trouble given the short notice, but have I found the whole thing frustrating.

Agreed it is very frustrating. Are you booked on it aswell?

Dalkeith
22-07-2010, 07:48 PM
My mates just been on the phone to someone from ITA in the last half hour , the boy said everything is sound with the charter and that he doesn't know where the stories are coming from . Neither my mate or myself have had any e-mail suggesting otherwise :agree:

this is the email maybe just sent out who have not paid

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE BOOKED

If you think you have a seat on the charter and have not been in touch to pay or give credit card details you are not booked.

The charter is still available but unless we get sufficient numbers to go it will be cancelled on Friday morning first thing. If we get sufficient numbers by 8am Friday 23rd July 2010 we will continue but otherwise the trip is not viable.

WE DID ASK IF YOU WANTED THIS CHARTER AND 350 PEOPLE ARE STILL CURRENTLY REGISTERED BUT NOT BOOKED.

If you wish to book we require the following details name, address credit card name and details

If you feel disappointed imagine how we feel after working on this for the past six days. We also have people who have committed and will be extremely disappointed if we have to cancel.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 07:49 PM

TBH they,ve gotta say that at the moment or people would just cancel and that would be the end of it, im maybe being slightly paranoid and pessimistic but dont be surprised if it gets caped tomorrow morning due to lack of numbers. Hope not though:thumbsup:

Spender
22-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Agreed it is very frustrating. Are you booked on it aswell?

originally sent an e-mail of interest but with no rough itinerary forthcoming,I sent back thanking them for their efforts in putting this together but would have to decline as I have a wedding on the friday night.

the charter was my only option as all independant options dont get you back until saturday,a shame as I have been at hibs last three away uefa cup ties,

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 07:53 PM
this is the email maybe just sent out who have not paid

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE BOOKED

If you think you have a seat on the charter and have not been in touch to pay or give credit card details you are not booked.

The charter is still available but unless we get sufficient numbers to go it will be cancelled on Friday morning first thing. If we get sufficient numbers by 8am Friday 23rd July 2010 we will continue but otherwise the trip is not viable.

WE DID ASK IF YOU WANTED THIS CHARTER AND 350 PEOPLE ARE STILL CURRENTLY REGISTERED BUT NOT BOOKED.

If you wish to book we require the following details name, address credit card name and details

If you feel disappointed imagine how we feel after working on this for the past six days. We also have people who have committed and will be extremely disappointed if we have to cancel.

Seems awfy cheeky and a wee bit unprofessional that . Somethings up though if you're getting e-mail like that and we are getting told everythings sound on the phone . Maybe it's cos they've got our money :grr:

I just hope it works out or eveyone that has paid is going to be left pretty ****ed:bitchy:

Dalkeith
22-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Seems awfy cheeky and a wee bit unprofessional that . Somethings up though if you're getting e-mail like that and we are getting told everythings sound on the phone . Maybe it's cos they've got our money :grr:

I just hope it works out or eveyone that has paid is going to be left pretty ****ed:bitchy:

and in case you think i've made it up pm me your email and i forward it to you

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 08:07 PM
and in case you think i've made it up pm me your email and i forward it to you

I don't think you made it up at all mate , you'd need to be verging on evil to make that up knowing the amount of folk who have put a lot of money into it , fellow Hibbys aat that :greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 08:14 PM

I think they've got a point. Lots of interest but nobody saying yes or no. Also i think the email only went out to those who have not payed or had the courtesy to reply.

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I think they've got a point. Lots of interest but nobody saying yes or no. Also i think the email only went out to those who have not payed or had the courtesy to reply.

I can see their point too mate it just has a feel about it like you're being shouted at by a teacher :greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I can see their point too mate it just has a feel about it like you're being shouted at by a teacher :greengrin

Haha i knew all about that when i was at school. Few years ago now like :greengrin

Dalkeith
22-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't think you made it up at all mate , you'd need to be verging on evil to make that up knowing the amount of folk who have put a lot of money into it , fellow Hibbys aat that :greengrin

to be honest i was a bit shocked by it when i first read it, aye i never replied but most places would have took that as "not interested" anyway and why leave it so late must have been obvious early on in week that numbers were slow

Gordon Quinn
22-07-2010, 08:30 PM
As Maribor have went through I am hopeful the ITA venture will go ahead as £535 is not too bad for a door to door service, two night accom and transfers. Also Maribor looks more expensive to get to independantly (flights to Budapest still under £300 return so maybe a blessing for the charter brigade Maribor went through) so hopefully there will be a decent uptake after the game. I have booked and paid my £500 and will be on suicide watch if I miss out.

I think ITA should be giving people more time to book with them before cancelling. Basically there are around 3-4 wakened hours between the FT result tonight and the ITA go/no go. I have passed on these thoughts to Isabel Thomas and await a response.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Mon night - Ljubljana, Tue-Wed - Zagreb, Thur Maribor and Fri - Ljubljana - nice!

Andy74
22-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Great result for the travel. 4 hour drive max from Treviso, digs close to the stadium, 3 nights away for less than £300.

how much is the beer there?

zlatan
22-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Mon night - Ljubljana, Tue-Wed - Zagreb, Thur Maribor and Fri - Ljubljana - nice!

Zagreb ain't all that and a bag of chips, get yourself to Lake Bled for a day or two instead.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Gordon Quinn;2521456]As Maribor have went through I am hopeful the ITA venture will go ahead as £535 is not too bad for a door to door service, two night accom and transfers. Also Maribor looks more expensive to get to independantly (flights to Budapest still under £300 return so maybe a blessing for the charter brigade Maribor went through) so hopefully there will be a decent uptake after the game. I have booked and paid my £500 and will be on suicide watch if I miss out.

I think ITA should be giving people more time to book with them before cancelling. Basically there are around 3-4 wakened hours between the FT result tonight and the ITA go/no go. I have passed on these thoughts to Isabel Thomas and await a response.

:top marksfor that post. I too have booked and my erse hole is knitting buttons waiting to find out what the plan is. Common sense would be to wait until atleast tomorrow evening to give the folk another chance! I hope you get a response soon and can let us charter goers know :thumbsup:

Spender
22-07-2010, 08:39 PM
As Maribor have went through I am hopeful the ITA venture will go ahead as £535 is not too bad for a door to door service, two night accom and transfers. Also Maribor looks more expensive to get to independantly (flights to Budapest still under £300 return so maybe a blessing for the charter brigade Maribor went through) so hopefully there will be a decent uptake after the game. I have booked and paid my £500 and will be on suicide watch if I miss out.

if they can provide a rough idea on departure home on friday. i am in.

Jack
22-07-2010, 08:43 PM
There's always the fun bus :-)

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 08:45 PM
to be honest i was a bit shocked by it when i first read it, aye i never replied but most places would have took that as "not interested" anyway and why leave it so late must have been obvious early on in week that numbers were slow
Aye, i would have thought that if you didn't reply to them then they would take it as a no. I never replied to them either until today when my mate phoned and booked the 2 of us on it . The price doesn't seem too bad now after looking at all the options. It was only about 120 cheaper to do it independently but there was so much sitting about at airports and what have you. I also don't fancy driving around europe , i just want to go away for a couple of days pissup and watch the Hibs . This way is a bit more expensive but we get there in a couple of hours.

I've still got a bit of faith in them yet, i think :rolleyes:

hawkhill harp
22-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Just to let you know that i had sent hibs an email on behalf of my boyfriend about a charter and got an email back on tuesday saying that they will not be doing a charter for this game

Can you post that email on here?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your email. Hibernian Football Club will not be offering supporter travel packages for the forthcoming Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round. We thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing you at Easter Road Stadium for the home tie on the 5th August.

Regards

Russell

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Can you post that email on here?

Thanks for your email. Hibernian Football Club will not be offering supporter travel packages for the forthcoming Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round. We thank you for your interest and look forward to seeing you at Easter Road Stadium for the home tie on the 5th August.

Regards

Russell[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that i may be wrong but i dont think there is anything on offical site regarding the away game.

monktonharp
I've still got a bit of faith in them yet, i think :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]me too, I think,for me and 2 mates,well until 8 am tommorow,i think:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
Aye, i would have thought that if you didn't reply to them then they would take it as a no. I never replied to them either until today when my mate phoned and booked the 2 of us on it . The price doesn't seem too bad now after looking at all the options. It was only about 120 cheaper to do it independently but there was so much sitting about at airports and what have you. I also don't fancy driving around europe , i just want to go away for a couple of days pissup and watch the Hibs . This way is a bit more expensive but we get there in a couple of hours.

I've still got a bit of faith in them yet, i think :rolleyes:

I do now, confidence is slowly growing :greengrin

dp00
22-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Just received this email after asking for more info

We did not know where the game was going to be so could not confirm times etc. We have accommodation booked in Maribor. The charter flight would leave on the morning of 28th July but once again we could not inform anyone of this until we knew where the games was going to be.

If we get sufficient bookings by early am tomorrow we will put the charter back on at £535.00

Hope that this answers your queries

Isabel

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

Gala Foxes
22-07-2010, 09:01 PM
positive news - hopefully this will prompt more bookings to fill the plane

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Just received this email after asking for more info

We did not know where the game was going to be so could not confirm times etc. We have accommodation booked in Maribor. The charter flight would leave on the morning of 28th July but once again we could not inform anyone of this until we knew where the games was going to be.

If we get sufficient bookings by early am tomorrow we will put the charter back on at £535.00

Hope that this answers your queries

Isabel

ITA Sports
15/5 Braehead Avenue
Edinburgh EH4 6AU

Tel. No. 0131 339 4080
Fax No. 0131 339 3355

Rite folks get booked up now. It can still happen. Glory Glory lets get that plane full and lets get plenty of us over there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gordon Quinn
22-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I've just has this back from ITA:-

'We have extended the booking time for this game as we have had several phone calls since the game finished.

Extended to 10am Friday so either email or phone with details - we need 100 definites.

Isabel'

DC_Hibs
22-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Rite folks get booked up now. It can still happen. Glory Glory lets get that plane full and lets get plenty of us over there :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I take it that this is still for the flight to Munich then bus option as I have read nothing since that was revealed to say otherwise?

Fingers crossed that the plane gets filled and we have another 150+ fans there.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I take it that this is still for the flight to Munich then bus option as I have read nothing since that was revealed to say otherwise?

Nah the charter plane from edin £535 and a seats yours 2nights accom and transfers

Gordon Quinn
22-07-2010, 09:18 PM

I have heard nothing from ITA saying they intend to fly to Munich. This is rumours as far as I am concerned. Munich is 5 hours away by coach, I would like to think they could get somewhere closer.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I've just has this back from ITA:-

'We have extended the booking time for this game as we have had several phone calls since the game finished.

Extended to 10am Friday so either email or phone with details - we need 100 definites.

Isabel'

Still nowt about departure times, I see.

Shoddy.

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 09:23 PM

Shoddy.

Further up the thread, Wed AM

DC_Hibs
22-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Nah the charter plane from edin £535 and a seats yours 2nights accom and transfers

Good news, where are they flying to?

Hermit Crab
22-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Maribor i hope :wink:

wazoo1875
22-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Maribor :agree:

Mr Radge someone posted an email up a bit stating it would be wed AM

Gordon Quinn
22-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Shoddy.

I have asked about return times as some people have commitements on the Friday night and need to be back in time. I'll post as soon as I know.

Surely ITA can't be far off 100 definates when you consider all the people on here and the bounce that have booked?

Andy74
22-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Hope it all works put for you boys and we can all have a few beers on Thursday!

Antifa Hibs
22-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Have the lads (and lassies) that are waiting on ITA's decision got any backup plans in place?

Seems ITA have really made a noel **** of this one?

monktonharp
22-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Have the lads (and lassies) that are waiting on ITA's decision got any backup plans in place?

Seems ITA have really made a noel **** of this one?I have no plan B, refused a job/work on the strength of the ITA plan and hope it happens. 3 of us booked,so here's hoping.

DC_Hibs
22-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I have no plan B, refused a job/work on the strength of the ITA plan and hope it happens. 3 of us booked,so here's hoping.

There's not a lot you can do unless you shell out £400-500 on other flights just in case the charter doesnt happen.
Plan B can only start if the worst comes to the worst THEN you see what alternatives are at that time.

I'm sure there will be more interest now that the opponents are known and arrangements will be confirmed.
Trying to get there individually won't be any cheaper now than the charter once hotels and transfers to Maribor are taken into account..... and would be a lot more hassle. Seems that the cheaper options have been snapped up already.

Andy74
22-07-2010, 10:26 PM
East midlands to treviso about 200 return now. Three and a half hour drive to Maribor. Car hire about 100. Still doable if a few of you. Drive or train to east midlands no bother.

Sick Boy
22-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm sure there will be more interest now that the opponents are known and arrangements will be confirmed.
Trying to get there individually won't be any cheaper now than the charter once hotels and transfers to Maribor are taken into account..... and would be a lot more hassle. Seems that the cheaper options have been snapped up already.

:agree: Charter it is for me now. Would have been nice to have a bit of an adventure getting there but none of my mates could get the time off/had the cash.

Never made it to Dnipro and there was no chance I wasn't going to this one. I'll be going solo so will be looking for drinking companions and perhaps a room mate too. Any takers?:greengrin

H18sry
22-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Charter price is on a par with passport travel who do Scotland games http://www.passporttravel.co.uk/Travel%20Application%20Form.pdf :wink:

BS44
23-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Great result for the travel. 4 hour drive max from Treviso, digs close to the stadium, 3 nights away for less than £300.

how much is the beer there?

£1.69 http://www.pintprice.com/region.php?/Slovenia/GBP.htm

Barney McGrew
23-07-2010, 06:08 AM
This site (http://www.inyourpocket.com/slovenia/maribor) gives you some useful background and info on Maribor itself, including details of a few bars and clubs :greengrin

Gordon Quinn
23-07-2010, 07:23 AM
:agree: Charter it is for me now. Would have been nice to have a bit of an adventure getting there but none of my mates could get the time off/had the cash.

Never made it to Dnipro and there was no chance I wasn't going to this one. I'll be going solo so will be looking for drinking companions and perhaps a room mate too. Any takers?:greengrin

Good stuff - going solo, well done. There will be plenty of drinking companions but feel free to tag along with my mate and I. PM me if all goes ahead. :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
23-07-2010, 07:32 AM
There's not a lot you can do unless you shell out £400-500 on other flights just in case the charter doesnt happen.
Plan B can only start if the worst comes to the worst THEN you see what alternatives are at that time.

Still flights out of Manchester for £170. Car hire £100, and accomodation varies from £20-£100 a night.

Hibbyradge
23-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Easyjet to Munich from Edinburgh is £240

Edit: Looks like the flight home on the Friday is full.

HibbyDave
23-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Good stuff - going solo, well done. There will be plenty of drinking companions but feel free to tag along with my mate and I. PM me if all goes ahead. :thumbsup:

Also goin solo after my son had to work. Does that mean that we are the real uberfans?:wink:

I'm booked with ITA ( well they have my card details) so I'll know in an hour or so if I need to sort out alternative route.:grr:

derekHFC
23-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Easyjet to Munich from Edinburgh is £240

Edit: Looks like the flight home on the Friday is full.

Fly back via Manchester and then drive to Edinburgh

£165 plus car hire from Munich to Maribor and back and then from Manchester to Edinburgh on Friday night.

Leave Edinburgh 17:40 on Wednesday and arrive in Munich 20:55.

Stay overnight in munich and make four and a half hour drive to Maribor on Thursday

Go to match and then stay in Maribor overnight.

Make four hour and a half hour drive back to Munich on Friday for flight at 21:40, arriving back in Manchester at 22:50.

Drive back from Manchester in four hours or so and you're done.

Looking at flights £165, two nights accommodation at say £70.00 in total plus your car hire - well under the £300.00 if split between 3-4 of your with regards to car hire and petrol!

scott7_0(Prague)
23-07-2010, 09:21 AM
If i can get the time off and permission from the other half this is my plan.

Thursday,6 hour drive from Prague
Hotel - Grand Hotel Ocean
Friday return to Prague

DanielMcLaren
23-07-2010, 08:30 PM
anyone on the London Stansted to Ljubljana on tuesday leaving from 15:35

Atalanta
23-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I feel that this has been like a game of poker over the last few days.

ITA appear to have been wanting the fans to make a commitment before providing any detail on what they were offering i.e flight times, name of hotel, price etc. The fans naturally have wanted to know what they are buying before making a commitment. In reterospect it would have been better if a proposal was put on the table upfront so that the fans could have said yes or no rather than relying on expressions of interest made without any knowledge of either what was on offer or the price.

Now the arrangements seem to be changing by the day and reading between the lines it still seems to me that it is still touch and go as to whether there will be a charter flight at all.

I hope for the sake of those who have put their trust in ITA that they will not be let down by the trip being cancelled at the last minute when it is too late to make alternative arrangements.

As soon as I heard £600 being mentioned on Monday I decided to make my own travel arrangements. I am now very pleased that I did so as I can now look forward to a relaxing train ride through the Alps from Munich to Malibor on Wednesday rather than worrying about whether I'll be going at all.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2010, 09:13 AM
I feel that this has been like a game of poker over the last few days.

ITA appear to have been wanting the fans to make a commitment before providing any detail on what they were offering i.e flight times, name of hotel, price etc. The fans naturally have wanted to know what they are buying before making a commitment. In reterospect it would have been better if a proposal was put on the table upfront so that the fans could have said yes or no rather than relying on expressions of interest made without any knowledge of either what was on offer or the price.

Now the arrangements seem to be changing by the day and reading between the lines it still seems to me that it is still touch and go as to whether there will be a charter flight at all.

I hope for the sake of those who have put their trust in ITA that they will not be let down by the trip being cancelled at the last minute when it is too late to make alternative arrangements.

As soon as I heard £600 being mentioned on Monday I decided to make my own travel arrangements. I am now very pleased that I did so as I can now look forward to a relaxing train ride through the Alps from Munich to Malibor on Wednesday rather than worrying about whether I'll be going at all.

This sums it all up perfectly, good on you for making your own way Atlanta. I am still waiting on hearing from ITA....

deek1875
24-07-2010, 10:13 AM
This sums it all up perfectly, good on you for making your own way Atlanta. I am still waiting on hearing from ITA....

in the car wi frank :thumbsup:

HibbyDave
24-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Also goin solo after my son had to work. Does that mean that we are the real uberfans?:wink:

I'm booked with ITA ( well they have my card details) so I'll know in an hour or so if I need to sort out alternative route.:grr:

I needed an alternative route:grr:

Booked Manchester- Ljlubljana