PDA

View Full Version : Was Mixu 'Gagging' To Leave Hibs?

Speedway
19-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone who was watched Hibernian TV since Cliff's departure will know how PH Neutral it has become with the manager being asked searching questions such as 'How important is it to win games rather than lose them?'

When Mixu was manager, his answers used to infuriate me with classics such as 'We've got to play better. If we score goals and don't concede as many , we will win games of football'

However, anyone who has kept tabs with his first few interviews as Killie manager will have seen intelligent, thoughtful, detailed and honest answers given to the questions posed of him.

So question: Has Hibs' (read: Rod's) privacy policy become SO intense, that no matter who the Hibs manager is, he can't give us any real insight into the club through the normal channels such as the Scotsman and Hibs TV?

This then leads to us thinking that the manager hasn't got a clue, can't see what we see, etc?

Pretty Boy
19-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Anyone who was watched Hibernian TV since Cliff's departure will know how PH Neutral it has become with the manager being asked searching questions such as 'How important is it to win games rather than lose them?'

When Mixu was manager, his answers used to infuriate me with classics such as 'We've got to play better. If we score goals and don't concede as many , we will win games of football'

However, anyone who has kept tabs with his first few interviews as Killie manager will have seen intelligent, thoughtful, detailed and honest answers given to the questions posed of him.

So question: Has Hibs' (read: Rod's) privacy policy become SO intense, that no matter who the Hibs manager is, he can't give us any real insight into the club through the normal channels such as the Scotsman and Hibs TV?

This then leads to us thinking that the manager hasn't got a clue, can't see what we see, etc?

I actually commented on this to a mate the other day, the difference in his interviews since taking over at KIllie and the nonsense he spouted at Hibs is quite striking. On saying that i didn't go as far as suggesting a dictatorship at the club.

For me the best way for Mixu to prove he was seeing what we were seeing at ER was to change his tactics accordingly and he refused to. Whether he was warned to watch what he was saying, possibly as a result of the John Collins/Tommy Craig player revolt press conference debacle, there was nothing to stop him doing his talking on the pitch through his team selections and tactics and he either chose not to or didn't have the ability to do so.

GreenPJ
19-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Mixu was feeling the pressure from day one. Hibs had relatively high expectations (in comparison to his current job), he had an affinity to the club and ultimately it was his first big job.

I don't expect you will see the same mistakes from Mixu, however, he still has a huge job on his hands as he does not have a strong squad to work with and no resources.

heretoday
19-07-2010, 10:16 AM
It depends on the media through which the manager is speaking. As a rule, the closer to home it is the less likely you'll get honest, straight talk.

Hence the Hibs TV output and the crass articles padding out the Evening News back pages day after day.

There's a tendency to paint a rosy picture and not offend the hand that feeds.

Rougier45
19-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Why did Cliff leave he was Hibs daft ?
and a good intelligent man

Joe Baker II
19-07-2010, 10:38 AM
It depends on the media through which the manager is speaking. As a rule, the closer to home it is the less likely you'll get honest, straight talk.

Hence the Hibs TV output and the crass articles padding out the Evening News back pages day after day.

There's a tendency to paint a rosy picture and not offend the hand that feeds.

Surely blame here has to be with Evening News for its continous failure to even make an attempt at penetrating analysis (its coverage of Hearts and Livingston just as bad btw) of issues facing football in Lothians, the Glasgow Evening Times is imperfect too but it puts its Edinburgh equivalent to shame in this regard.

Agree (though never watch it) that Hibs TV porbabably no better but does one really expect otherwise on an official medium? The Evening News though has no excuse.

Paatelanien (much as I like him) was just not up to job at ER, his interviews however were not the problem.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Are there any searching questions asked these days?

Bob1875
19-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I think its easy to rule out "dictatorship" from Sir Rod as you have seen Yogis interviews and they are usually honest, down to earth ramblings just like he did at Falkirk. Also his "faceless wonders" comments weren't exactly from a script passed on by Rod were they?

Mixu will have learned from his mistakes and you will see the real Mixu once his Killie team start under performing and he'll start coming out with the same old tripe .

I admire a manager that comes out after a bad game and says we were gash, im gonna have to boot some erses on Monday morning.

Speedway
19-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Well, there's this one.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, there's this one.

:greengrin

3pm
19-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Mixu's interview's were good when he first took over. It was when he began to feel the pressure he turned into an incoherent nutter.

Hibby D
19-07-2010, 11:39 AM

As far as I am aware he is still all of these things :greengrin

Future17
19-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I feel sorry for managers and players getting asked the same, mundane questions after every game. There's a set of questions for about 6 scenarios:

1) Win 2) Draw 3) Loss - when the club are on a good or ok run of form with decent league position.

4) Win 5) Draw 6) Loss - when the club are struggling, on a poor run with a poor league position.

Having said that, I don't think this is necessarily just down to poor journalism - it's more a case of going through the motions as journalists know that, for the majority of their questions, they are just going to get the same scripted answers.

I'm a firm believer that managers are employed to manage the team and should be judged on results. I couldn't care less if they never did an interview all season. Unfortunately, the money provided by TV nowadays has meant that the clubs are contracted to comment even when there is practically nothing to say.

While a manager may occasionally use the media to his advantage, if he is so inclined, the majority of what goes on and what gets said in relation to player performances should be kept internal to the club.

Martin
20-07-2010, 06:59 AM

He hasn't.

Ritchie
20-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I reckon killie are odds on to be relegated this season which is sad as I don't want to see that happen to big mixu!! :boo hoo:

khib70
20-07-2010, 07:58 AM

Not by you:greengrin

Kato
20-07-2010, 08:05 AM

It's easy to seem intelligent, thoughtful, detailed and honest when a ball hasn't been kicked in earnest.