PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Hibs 12th Man Meeting – tonight

Hibs12thMan
19-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you have all heard of the Hibs 12th Man, its an initiative backed up by the club looking at ways to improve the match day experience at Easter Road and the whole its good to be a Hibby thing.

There's a crowd of us meeting near the ground tonight taking things forward. If you would like to join us at the meeting send us a PM or a post below and we’ll get back to you with more details.

If you cant come tonight, sorry I know its short notice, and you’d like to register an interest in attending meetings in the future you can do that too.

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

blairwallace
19-07-2010, 08:34 AM
i'm fairly interested in these meeting but the only people i really know who would go along with me is seanraff and we're 15-16, so we may feel a bit out of place.

make sure to bring up the free ticket give away to some football clubs ect to boost attendances ect though if someone from the club is attending :thumbsup:

marinello59
19-07-2010, 09:26 AM
i'm fairly interested in these meeting but the only people i really know who would go along with me is seanraff and we're 15-16, so we may feel a bit out of place.

It's a Hibs fans initiative. You are Hibs fans. Get yourselves along, you belong. :thumbsup:

Hibs12thMan
19-07-2010, 10:15 AM
You are more than welcome to attend the meetings, more the merrier. Input from all ages is what will help this 12th man grow, if you don't want to come but have ideas then post them here or pm me and they will be discussed this evening

blairwallace
19-07-2010, 11:14 AM
ill see how it fits into my day, need to see toy story after all, been waiting 11 years for that one. ill try getting along though :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
19-07-2010, 11:18 AM
ill see how it fits into my day, need to see toy story after all, been waiting 11 years for that one. ill try getting along though :thumbsup:

:faf:

Woody and the crew will be there tomorrow.

In fact, I'd bet that, one day, they might even offer Toy Story 3 for sale in a format that you can keep at home and cherish for many years to come.

H18sry
19-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you have all heard of the Hibs 12th Man, its an initiative backed up by the club looking at ways to improve the match day experience at Easter Road and the whole its good to be a Hibby thing.

There's a crowd of us meeting near the ground tonight taking things forward. If you would like to join us at the meeting send us a PM or a post below and we’ll get back to you with more details.

If you cant come tonight, sorry I know its short notice, and you’d like to register an interest in attending meetings in the future you can do that too.

GGTTH

where is the meeting being held

Jack
19-07-2010, 11:41 AM
where is the meeting being held

PM about to be sent.

Toaods
19-07-2010, 12:07 PM
...sounds a bit sexist......surely should be the 12th person.....:wink:

oconnors_strip
19-07-2010, 12:36 PM
But we are woMEN so I think 12th man is fine :greengrin

matty_f
19-07-2010, 01:35 PM
any chance of some minutes being posted for those of us that can't attend, please?

alanhall69
19-07-2010, 02:20 PM
i would like to come but in istanbul ..
but i would like to see hibs doing more for the fans ,
i was in the famous 5 stand before and after games for drink and chat ..
would like to see this opened longer home and away games .
but need better service at bars and better prices more choice of drinks / food
some hibs tunes on and old and new hibs games on tv ..
we are all hibs fans and give hibs as much cash as we can to help them !
but make it more economical for us to meet drink and eat and chat ... :notworthy:

Hibs12thMan
19-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes there will be minutes, will be posted or link on here later in week and also on 12thman facebook page

MacBean
19-07-2010, 02:38 PM
:agree:

but make it more economical for us to meet drink and eat and chat ... :notworthy:

This something that always gets me, last orders are half 5 (IIRC) and by the time your served you have to throw the drink down your throat consuming the glass as well. Being opened an hour longer would be of little cost to hibs and make a small fortune in drink sales

hibeemarley
19-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes there will be minutes, will be posted or link on here later in week and also on 12thman facebook page

promotion of this site will be a good way to get messages across. regular updates and where people should meet before the games and build atmosphere from that point forward.

martin63
19-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I would have liked to be there but unfortunately I have plans that can't be changed. Any chance of a bit more notice next time please?

:notworthy:

Delboy*
19-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Hibeernian A.F.C. pre-season training tonight so me n possibly a few more that may be interested wont be able to attend.

Hope u guys hav some kind of success wi this

cwilliamson85
19-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I would like to see more of the large flags at games. Hibs.net / bounce and many more.

Perhaps some lockers in the stands for the flags.

It’s not complicated people. All we want to do is sing and shout and create some atmosphere.

Baldy
19-07-2010, 05:56 PM
PM about to be sent.

why cant you just post where it is? or is it a secret society

Phil D. Rolls
19-07-2010, 05:59 PM
carry the news
all the young dudes:boo hoo:

Woody1985
19-07-2010, 08:52 PM

Can you post a link to this?

Wembley67
19-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Can you post a link to this?

Guessing this is it http://www.facebook.com/hibs12thman?ref=ts

Ernie Cobra
19-07-2010, 09:46 PM

is whata a secret?:wink:

matty_f
19-07-2010, 10:08 PM

:aok:

Hibs12thMan
20-07-2010, 08:47 AM
any chance of some minutes being posted for those of us that can't attend, please?
Hi matty_fairnie. We discussed this last night and have decided not to post the minutes on a public forum.

The reasons for this are that while people on here use userIDs to ‘protect’ their identity the minutes have our real names and those of the people we are dealing with. While some are happy to use their real names on forums like this others are not.

We are discussing things, like sponsorship / donations, where we are approaching businesses and being approached by businesses, details of this are obviously recorded. We dont think it would be a good idea to publish the discussions as to why we were not accepting some offers while chasing others.

When we are discussing things some of the ideas are pretty whacky to be honest. We would rather develop these ideas in the relative safety of our meetings rather than be ripped to shreds on a public forum.

I can assure you that whatever we do will be casting a wide net to get as many views on things as we possibly can, some of us have already been consulting with the members of these forums under their own name – in future it will be under the Hibs 12th Man so you'll see what we’re up to.

If anyone knows members of the group, and we will be ‘outing’ ourselves in the not too distant future, we would be only too happy to discuss any aspect of the Hibs 12th Man initiative.

This something that always gets me, last orders are half 5 (IIRC) and by the time your served you have to throw the drink down your throat consuming the glass as well. Being opened an hour longer would be of little cost to hibs and make a small fortune in drink sales

alanhall69, with the best will in the world we are not going to pay travel expenses from Istanbul! :cool2: … and HFC_1875

Firstly this initiative is about what the fans can do for the fans, I don’t think any of us now involved in the Hibs 12th Man at this time last year had anything ‘official’ to do with the Club. We are supporters / fans just like you who are spending our own time, and currently money, to try and make this work.

However, having said that, we have now made it our business to work with the club to find ways of making the matchday experience better for us all.

The Club is aware of the shortcomings of Behind The Goals, there are always a number of directors mingling with the fans before the games, and the issues you have raised have been mentioned to them. We will however raise this with the club again.

I would have liked to be there but unfortunately I have plans that can't be changed. Any chance of a bit more notice next time please?
:notworthy:

Hi martin63. It is our intention to give more next time.

I would like to see more of the large flags at games. Hibs.net / bounce and many more.

Perhaps some lockers in the stands for the flags.

It’s not complicated people. All we want to do is sing and shout and create some atmosphere.

We are currently looking at ways to acquire our own surfing flag, but they are bloody expensive!

The Club have made an offer that will hopefully let us see more of the Hibees Bounce and Hibs.net flags. Obviously we are working closely with both forums but its up to them to decide what to do with their flags. Storage for the flags is something that has been discussed with the club.

We are also looking to get flags of all sorts to wave about. If you're to make one make sure the stick is a metre, or less, long – green and white are good colours to use :greengrin

Hi Baldy. Nah! We’re not a secret society and are happy to meet with other Hibbies and would welcome any Hibbie. Our meetings are in public places and not to put too fine a point on it we don’t want supporters from other clubs there.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Well done everyone involved. :top marks

brydekirk
20-07-2010, 09:00 AM

:agree: good shout

Golden Bear
20-07-2010, 09:08 AM

I used to be a regular in the FF but for the reasons you mentioned (especially these *loody prices), I now tend to use the Hibs Club in Sunnyside.

tamsonsbairn
21-07-2010, 01:22 AM
I was thinking about when I was abroad (poland) a couple of years ago they have a guy who acts like a mc and gets all the chants going. they would start the chants with music which faded as the chants/songs got going, just wondered if this has been looked into or discussed with club :notworthy: