PDA

View Full Version : European match on tv (Merged)

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd imagine those who cant get to the away leg, will probably be able to see it on tv. IIRC queen of the south had their away game broadcast on the bbc, so i'd imagine they will send cameras out for us.

Toaods
18-07-2010, 10:18 PM
BBC will show the game live if the rights can be secured for the price of a fish supper, hence the reason they will show a load of crap from some backwater in Bosnia.

sesoim
18-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd imagine those who cant get to the away leg, will probably be able to see it on tv. IIRC queen of the south had their away game broadcast on the bbc, so i'd imagine they will send cameras out for us.

Hope so. I had to listen to the last game in Videoton (assuming its them) on the radio. Pity, as it was probably our best European result in 30 odd years.

iwasthere1972
19-07-2010, 12:40 PM

I remember watching the Dnipro v Hibs match in the BTG which I think was broadcast by the BBC. Fingers crossed they (or somebody) screen the game.

The BTG was heaving that night just like the Carling beer. :agree:

hibiedude
20-07-2010, 04:55 AM
I'll be on holiday in Malta for both games so will be active in finding a pub that shows live coverage.

I remember watching live football in pub in st Pauls bay 2 years ago

HibsJ
20-07-2010, 06:10 AM
If anyone knows any pubs in melbourne to watch hibs games please let me know, cheers!!

Tricla
22-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Any news of TV coverage for the away leg yet?

Antifa Hibs
22-07-2010, 10:17 PM
If not, surely this is something Hibs can tap into, provide a service for the punters that can't make it, and earn a few quid aswell. A beam back to one of the bars at ER...

FranckSuzy
22-07-2010, 10:41 PM
If anyone knows any pubs in melbourne to watch hibs games please let me know, cheers!!

Usually the Charles Dicken's on Collins Street has British football on so may be worth checking with them. Or, email the Oz Hibs supporter's club and they'll point you in the right direction :agree:

Martin
23-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Any news of TV coverage for the away leg yet?

Can't see it happening to be honest. They now have two teams to choose from in the next round.

Future17
23-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know if our Interactive service will show the home game for users outside the UK as usual or are rights reserved for SPL games?

ionahibby
23-07-2010, 01:04 PM
If not, surely this is something Hibs can tap into, provide a service for the punters that can't make it, and earn a few quid aswell. A beam back to one of the bars at ER...

If the game doesn't end up being on tv then a load of us should maybe write or email hibs with this, let them know there a few people would like this done might make hibs consider it :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
23-07-2010, 02:04 PM
With the amount of terrestrial and satellite channels in every country, it's a **** joke if a TV station from either country don't show the match.

erin-go-bragh87
23-07-2010, 02:15 PM
If the game doesn't end up being on tv then a load of us should maybe write or email hibs with this, let them know there a few people would like this done might make hibs consider it :agree:

Yeah, good Idea. I think if theres no BBC coverage we need to get the club to sort something out for the fans.

ionahibby
23-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah, good Idea. I think if theres no BBC coverage we need to get the club to sort something out for the fans.

Well i will give it a couple of days see if anything is announced regarding tv coverage and if there is still nothing will get the ball rolling with some emails to hibs!

:hnet:

tam4hibs
23-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Well i will give it a couple of days see if anything is announced regarding tv coverage and if there is still nothing will get the ball rolling with some emails to hibs!

IIRC they done something similar for the Dnipro game? I certainly remeber being at ER (FF suite) watching the match. :top marks

Hermit Crab
23-07-2010, 02:39 PM
IIRC they done something similar for the Dnipro game? I certainly remeber being at ER (FF suite) watching the match. :top marks

That game was live on BBC1.

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Looks like its going to be a Euro sports bonanza for Edinburgh fans, as the History Channel have just confirmed that they are going to show highlights of the Yams last WW2 win.

Happy days.

zlatan
23-07-2010, 02:48 PM
The Motherwell match was broadcast online last night, was £6 to get the game.

MacBean
23-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Looks like its going to be a Euro sports bonanza for Edinburgh fans, as the History Channel have just confirmed that they are going to show highlights of the Yams last WW2 win.

Happy days.

:faf:

Tricla
23-07-2010, 02:52 PM

This is a fine idea.

Tricla
23-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Happy days.

Sorry to have to correct you DBS but the Yaks actually conquered most of the world during WW2 which is commonplace for a big team. Our bonanza is restricted to Europe only therefore pales into insignificance compared to their global bonanza.

Future17
23-07-2010, 04:05 PM
The Motherwell match was broadcast online last night, was £6 to get the game.

What site was it shown on Zlatan?

zlatan
23-07-2010, 04:20 PM
What site was it shown on Zlatan?

http://livefromiceland.com/

No idea who was responsible for running it.

oconnors_strip
23-07-2010, 04:27 PM
if it isnt been shown by bbc and hibs cant provide a viewing in behind the goals, maybe someone could have a "night in the pub" with friends with a laptop :wink:

sahib
23-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Happy days.

:greengrin

DC_Hibs
23-07-2010, 05:34 PM
If the game isn't being shown live then how are Hibs going to be able to make it available........ unless paying a small fortune.

ionahibby
23-07-2010, 07:19 PM
If the game isn't being shown live then how are Hibs going to be able to make it available........ unless paying a small fortune.

I suspect hibs will have cameras there for their interactive service surely it wouldn't cost too much to feed that to a screen in the ff lounge at easter road. There's no harm in me emailing them anyway if there ends up being no tv coverage to ask. You don't ask you don't get as they say :greengrin

GloriousHibs
25-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Any suggestion at this stage whether Thursday's game will be shown on telly anywhere??

whaley
25-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Doesn't look like it is at the moment - http://www.livesportontv.com/football

Sandy
25-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I am just hoping it is going to be on BBC radio Scotland :pray:

ionahibby
25-07-2010, 04:21 PM
With no news of the game on tv bbc at their best as usual:grr: im planning to email hibs to see if they have any plans to do a beamback to easter road does anybody know who i should be emailing in easter road regarding this?

jonny
25-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Anyone know of a live internet stream? Ive had a look on P2P and no sign of it there. :grr:

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Anyone know of a live internet stream? Ive had a look on P2P and no sign of it there. :grr:

I wouldn't bother asking - any links to streams will be deleted as per the forum rules.

bingo70
25-07-2010, 05:04 PM
With no news of the game on tv bbc at their best as usual:grr: im planning to email hibs to see if they have any plans to do a beamback to easter road does anybody know who i should be emailing in easter road regarding this?

I'm sure if the club can do a beamback they will, don't really see the point of emailing them about it. :dunno:

Not a dig BTW, just think you'd be wasting your time.

jonny
25-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't bother asking - any links to streams will be deleted as per the forum rules.

Ah, I really should have a read at those incase I get in bother!

basehibby
25-07-2010, 05:30 PM
FFS is it no goin to be live on the TV ??? :grr::grr::grr:

I demand the heads of every TV executive in Scotland/UK on a platter so that I can kick seven bells of sheight out of them :grr::grr::grr:

****in patronising Canutes :grr::grr::grr:

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Thing is, there is BOUND to be Cameras there. You tend to see highlight of European games, or at least the goals. The stadium obvious has the facilities, so fingers crossed it will be on some European channel.
You can be sure of 1 thing tho. If it was the old firm playing Maribor on Thursday, it WOULD be on

bingo70
25-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Thing is, there is BOUND to be Cameras there. You tend to see highlight of European games, or at least the goals. The stadium obvious has the facilities, so fingers crossed it will be on some European channel.
You can be sure of 1 thing tho. If it was the old firm playing Maribor on Thursday, it WOULD be on

There'd be a massive demand for it to be shown though so it wouldn't make sense for them not to screen it if the old firm were involved, not fair but thats the reality unfortunately.

Sure if it's not on TV, (and i still think it might be) it'll be on some shan website.

headshrinker
25-07-2010, 05:39 PM
HibsJ paw here hope you find a place to watch the games and if you do I'll give you a wave if the camera pans round. Glory glory, Paw

Mikey
25-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I assume it'll be on Hibs TV folks. If you really want to watch it then that's your best source.

jonny
25-07-2010, 05:47 PM
I assume it'll be on Hibs TV folks. If you really want to watch it then that's your best source.

Live or just the highlights? Havent seen anything advertised yet

bingo70
25-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Thats a good shout, hadn't thought of that.

Can you normally buy one off games on hibstv or do you have to buy a months subscription?

we are hibs
Live or just the highlights? Havent seen anything advertised yet

bbc usualy do advertising about 2 or 3 days before the game

Danderhall Hibs

Not trying to be a wideo but does this only apply for streams showing Hibs games?

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Not trying to be a wideo but does this only apply for streams showing Hibs games?

No it doesn't.

Any links to illegal streams or feeds will be deleted.

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2010, 05:54 PM
No it doesn't.

And are all internet streams illegal or are some allowed?

jonny
25-07-2010, 05:54 PM
No it doesn't.

Excuse my ignorance on internet streaming /copyrght laws but are the readily accessible links to live streaming actually illegal?

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 05:55 PM
And are all internet streams illegal or are some allowed?

If you're going somewhere with this then ask the question rather than dragging it out over several posts, eh?

I assume you have a point with these questions?

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2010, 05:57 PM
If you're going somewhere with this then ask the question rather than dragging it out over several posts, eh?

Apologies if this has touched a nerve but I've seen links to boxing and that on here - in fact someone told me they watched some of the Maribor v Videoton game the other night via a link. I was just wondering.

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Excuse my ignorance on internet streaming /copyrght laws but are the readily accessible links to live streaming actually illegal?

We as a site have to very careful in any links that are posted. There's a massive amount of copyrighted and non-copyrighted material that's available on streams and links all over the web, but we're not going to jeopardise the site by allowing anything that we suspect may not be 100% kosher.

Sorry if that sounds draconian, but the site comes first :wink:

Legal streams to stuff that's available online .e.g if the BBC or STV or an online bookies were showing the games on their own sites would be fine.

SquashedFrogg
25-07-2010, 05:59 PM

I think he's asking if all streams are illegal or just some of them?

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Apologies if this has touched a nerve but I've seen links to boxing and that on here - in fact someone told me they watched some of the Maribor v Videoton game the other night via a link. I was just wondering.

Unfortunately as all the admins have jobs and can't be online 24 hours a day, we do from time to time miss posts.

There is a report function post that you can use (as you no doubt already know) if you think someone has posted something that's against the rules :wink:

jonny
25-07-2010, 06:02 PM
We as a site have to very careful in any links that are posted. There's a massive amount of copyrighted and non-copyrighted material that's available on streams and links all over thew web, but we're not going to jeopardise the site by allowing anything that we suspect may not be 100% kosher.

Sorry if that sounds draconian, but the site comes first :wink:

Legal streams to stuff that's available online .e.g if the BBC or STV or an online bookies were showing the games on their own sites would be fine.

Its not draconian at all and makes complete sense. :agree:
I was just unsure of the ins and outs.

Barney McGrew
25-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I think he's asking if all streams are illegal or just some of them?

Hopefully the post above yours answers that for you :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
25-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately as all the admins have jobs and can't be online 24 hours a day, we do from time to time miss posts.

There is a report function post that you can use (as you no doubt already know) if you think someone has posted something that's against the rules :wink:

Oh I am aware of that :greengrin

I just didn't report those posts 'cos I like being a bit daring now and again. :greengrin

The ITV/BBC/bookies links kind of clears things up though.

Mikey
25-07-2010, 06:12 PM
The rules on these things are quite simple. The admin team makes them up as we go along and if you don't like them it's tough!

If Hibs TV are covering the game you'll get no links to illegal streams on hibs.net. It's an important income stream for the club and we're not going to be responsible for people circumventing it. If there's no legitimate coverage available anywhere, but there are streams, we'll make up a new set of rules.

And when the game's finished we'll probably make up another set of rules.

It aint tricky really :wink:

Ernie Cobra
25-07-2010, 06:21 PM
The rules on these things are quite simple. The admin team makes them up as we go along and if you don't like them it's tough!

If Hibs TV are covering the game you'll get no links to illegal streams on hibs.net. It's an important income stream for the club and we're not going to be responsible for people circumventing it. If there's no legitimate coverage available anywhere, but there are streams, we'll make up a new set of rules.

And when the game's finished we'll probably make up another set of rules.

It aint tricky really :wink:

great crystal clear now, so long as we all know where we stand reference the rules set out by our illustriuos governing body. Now where do i deposit all my worldly possessions?

Stuart Crowther
26-07-2010, 06:38 AM
from the Hibslist mailing group:

Or you could just watch it on the beeb (from their website)-

Thurs 29th July
19:00 Live Football - Europa League Qualifying

NK Maribor v Hibernian: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Ljudski_Vrt> Stadion Ljudski Vrt. Richard Gordon presents live coverage of the 1st Leg Europa League Qualifying tie between NK Maribor of Slovenia and Hibernian. Can the Hibees make it through to the league phase of the competition for the first time. Studio guests Pat Nevin and Murdo McLeod.

norhfc
26-07-2010, 06:50 AM
thats great news,but am pretty sure the BBC website live radio and TV cant be seen from outside the UK.Is it on BBC Scotland normal telly ?

Col2
26-07-2010, 06:51 AM

Thurs 29th July

NK Maribor v Hibernian: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadion_Ljudski_Vrt> Stadion Ljudski Vrt. Richard Gordon presents live coverage of the 1st Leg Europa League Qualifying tie between NK Maribor of Slovenia and Hibernian. Can the Hibees make it through to the league phase of the competition for the first time. Studio guests Pat Nevin and Murdo McLeod.

So its on BBC 2 then from what the above says. Sky guide wont confirm but will assume this is correct info. Superb news:greengrin

Barney McGrew
26-07-2010, 06:58 AM
So its on BBC 2 then from what the above says. Sky guide wont confirm but will assume this is correct info. Superb news:greengrin

Nothing on the BBC2 schedule yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/schedules/scotland/2010/07/29

Would be easy enough for them to stick the Athletics on the red button for a while and put our game on instead.

Fingers crossed :pray:

Winston Ingram
26-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Nothing on the BBC2 schedule yet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/schedules/scotland/2010/07/29

Would be easy enough for them to stick the Athletics on the red button for a while and put our game on instead.

Fingers crossed :pray:

Just went on my Sky planner and had a look at Thursday and it says '...no listings available'

Every other channel has so I'm assuming there is a planned program change:greengrin

Sandy
26-07-2010, 08:25 AM
thats great news,but am pretty sure the BBC website live radio and TV cant be seen from outside the UK.Is it on BBC Scotland normal telly ?

You would have to get yourself a UK TV proxy, I bought one prior to coming out here, and it has paid for itself 10 times over already. Trouble is the internet link speed here is so bad I end up just listening to BBC Sportscotland for the Hibs matches. I was subscribed to HI but I only once managed (thanks Stu) to get a live stream to work, luckily it was the game v the Huns with Stokes wonder goal :notworthy:

Future17
26-07-2010, 08:33 AM

Thurs 29th July

As much as I'm hopeful about this, I'm very sceptical.

For starters, does the game not kick-off at 8pm? Seems unlikely they'd devote an hour to the build-up when we're not Rangers or Celtic.

Wheat Hound
26-07-2010, 08:45 AM
7.30 kick off uk time (8.30 local time) according to the fishy site.

Future17
26-07-2010, 09:23 AM
7.30 kick off uk time (8.30 local time) according to the fishy site.

Ah right enough. It's the home leg that's a 8pm kick-off.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 09:25 AM
See, i told you it would be on.:wink: :thumbsup: Great news for those who cant get there.

Craig_in_Prague
26-07-2010, 09:38 AM
See, i told you it would be on.:wink: :thumbsup: Great news for those who cant get there.

Don't see it confirmed anywhere though :confused:

Arch Stanton
26-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Could be radio.

Simon70
26-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Thurs 29th July

There's no mention of this anywhere on the BBC website, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Future17
26-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Could be radio.

Would be strange to have "studio guests" for radio would it not? :confused:

It's not on the BBC Scotland Radio listings either.

JoJo_07
26-07-2010, 10:30 AM

Thurs 29th July

Yip! Seems like genuine BBC to me. :wink:Yes, they have got their information wrong. Think we may have a couple more games than "they" think before Hibs get through to the league phase.

Danderhall Hibs
26-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Still showing as Athletics on my Sky planner.

Hermit Crab
26-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Still showing as Athletics on my Sky planner.

yeh mine too, just checked 2min ago.

Do channel 5 not get uefa games too?

norhfc
26-07-2010, 11:37 AM
You would have to get yourself a UK TV proxy, I bought one prior to coming out here, and it has paid for itself 10 times over already. Trouble is the internet link speed here is so bad I end up just listening to BBC Sportscotland for the Hibs matches. I was subscribed to HI but I only once managed (thanks Stu) to get a live stream to work, luckily it was the game v the Huns with Stokes wonder goal :notworthy:

UK TV Proxy ? can I buy one over the counter ? is it a box ? sorry but I,ve no idea.I,ve got SKY so get all the BBCs but would be handy in the future.
cheers

iwasthere1972
26-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know if they will be showing it in the BTG? Better than sitting at home or the pub.

aberhibsfc
26-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I think channel 5 had access to the Uefa cup games in the last few seasons, can't remember if they show the games from the post group matches or the ko rounds. I never really watched them.

I'm hoping that it will be on the beeb, cause it isn't just Glasgow that pay TV license fees. Infact they probably don't pay for their TV licenses. Anyway, I don't have SKY, cable etc, so unless I come into some serious money in the next few days I'll be destined for the radio.

I am getting nervous about this game, I appreciate that until this last week, many of us hadn't heard of or know much about Maribor. I'm approaching this game with a healthy respect, if we do the right things then I think we'll be in with a chance of making a real game of it. If we go into the game thinking we're favourites then we'll be in for a torrid time. I am sure Hughes will have the players prepared properly physically and mentally.

Many have made a stab at the potential line up, some more attacking than others. I can't see Hughes taking too many risks in the 1st leg especially away at an intimidating ground.

Personally, I would like a team of:

Stack

Hart Stephens Hanlon Murray

McBride

Wotherspoon De Graff Miller Riordan

Stokes

But I could see Hughes looking to take less risks and protect the tie using experienced 1st teamers.

Something like:

Stack

Hart Hogg Murray Hanlon

McBride

De Graaf Miller Rankin Riordan

Nish

I guess it's a good thing that many of us are not sure who is going to play where,
because if we don't then Maribor probably won't either. Also we have more options than last season.

DavieRoy
26-07-2010, 12:16 PM
yeh mine too, just checked 2min ago.

Do channel 5 not get uefa games too?

Channel 5, ESPN and ITV have Europa League rights from the group stages onwards. Channel 5 are the primary rights holder hence they get first pick of games and they get the final. They had last season's final between Fulham and Atletico Madrid.

Before the group stages the rights are open to anyone. They have to do a deal with the home team who hold and can sell the rights. UEFA sell the group stages rights in blocks hence the Channel 5, ESPN and ITV deal.

jgl07
26-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Thurs 29th July

Whenever I see something like this without a link I sniff a wind-up!

Future17
26-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Yip! Seems like genuine BBC to me. :wink:Yes, they have got their information wrong. Think we may have a couple more games than "they" think before Hibs get through to the league phase.

To be fair to the BBC, they don't say that winning these games will get us to the league phase - they just ask a question which relates to the game on Thursday.

scoopyboy
26-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Whenever I see something like this without a link I sniff a wind-up!

Stuart Crowther wouldn't do a wind up.

jgl07
26-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Stuart Crowther wouldn't do a wind up.
But Stuart was only quoting a posting from Geoff Smith (who certainly would!).

cwilliamson85
26-07-2010, 12:57 PM
So it is going to be shown online @ BBC?

Stuart Crowther
26-07-2010, 01:07 PM
But Stuart was only quoting a posting from Geoff Smith (who certainly would!).

I'm afraid that's true :rolleyes:

Leith Green
26-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Dunno who this geoff smith is or whoever or whatever, but surely only a complete spangel would contemplate winding up fellow hibs fans about this.. If it turns out to be a wind up then the guy is a ****in tool!

Simon70
26-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Dunno who this geoff smith is or whoever or whatever, but surely only a complete spangel would contemplate winding up fellow hibs fans about this.. If it turns out to be a wind up then the guy is a ****in tool!

:thumbsup:

Diclonius
26-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Just phoned the BBC and asked them if they're showing the game on TV. Their answer: "Don't know."

:yawn:

Hibs90
26-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Better be on.

matty_f
26-07-2010, 03:53 PM

Brilliant!:thumbsup: Just need to work out travel plans to my front room to watch it.

Have checked numerous websites and have come up with the following schedule:

18:00 Finish work @ Gyle, Edinburgh
18:02 Get in car and drive home.
18:27 Exit car, get into house, have tea with Mrs F and the kids.
18:57 Crack open a beer
19:00 Plonk arse down on the sofa and enjoy the football.

Leith Green
26-07-2010, 03:54 PM
It must be a loady kack, cos if you google it etc there is nothing to be found matching what was posted earlier.. What a complete bell end making that up, very sad indeed!

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Brilliant!:thumbsup: Just need to work out travel plans to my front room to watch it.

I'm sure if you do a little more research, you can do it for cheaper, although it might take a tad longer.:greengrin

jonny
26-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Just phoned the BBC and asked them if they're showing the game on TV. Their answer: "Don't know."

:yawn:

Better than a straight "No" I suppose.

Dunbar Hibee
26-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I want to know! :grr: Surely it has to be on...

aberhibsfc
26-07-2010, 06:43 PM

What's happening in the 3mins between opening beer and sitting on sofa? That's some serious journey from the fridge.

davemcbain
26-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Didn't know Jukebox Durie had an account on here. I'd put Geoff down as more of a Pacer myself.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2010, 07:20 PM
I want to know! :grr: Surely it has to be on...

iraqgoals

Google it!

1875godsgift
26-07-2010, 07:53 PM
What's happening in the 3mins between opening beer and sitting on sofa? That's some serious journey from the fridge.
Have you seen the size of his hoose?:greengrin

jonny
26-07-2010, 07:59 PM
iraqgoals

Google it!

Is it definately on that - I cant find a listing for Thursdays schedule

Gregor
26-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Didn't know Jukebox Durie had an account on here. I'd put Geoff down as more of a Pacer myself.

Sack the b****!

RoYO!
26-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Sack the b****!

Just out of interest, I wonder when the last genuine 'sack the board' post was on here? Blobby era?

jgl07
26-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Sack the b****!

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Is it definately on that - I cant find a listing for Thursdays schedule

Normally doesn't show anything until around the actual day of the game

Gregor
26-07-2010, 08:46 PM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Geoff Smith founded the Erin Hibs - managing the team through the first few years, formed the Easter Road Loyal Gordon Durie Fan Club (membership nil), is a member of the Oz Hibs and has been long-term member on the Hibs-List right from the inception (dark days of JANET and 9.6k modems).

Now, while he would absolutely contemplate a wind-up of fellow Listees, I sincerely doubt he would subsequently expect his post (no blame directed at Stu) to be relayed to this place, so if it turns out to be a wind-up then you really don't need to take it personally since it was never aimed at you ... or here.

In addition to the above information, I can assure you he is a bloody decent chap, is not a spangle and is not a tool.

You may now return to the original thread.

jonny
26-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Normally doesn't show anything until around the actual day of the game

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it :thumbsup:

Brummie_Hibs
26-07-2010, 09:46 PM

Geoff Smith founded the Erin Hibs - managing the team through the first few years, formed the Easter Road Loyal Gordon Durie Fan Club (membership nil), is a member of the Oz Hibs and has been long-term member on the Hibs-List right from the inception (dark days of JANET and 9.6k modems).

Now, while he would absolutely contemplate a wind-up of fellow Listees, I sincerely doubt he would subsequently expect his post (no blame directed at Stu) to be relayed to this place, so if it turns out to be a wind-up then you really don't need to take it personally since it was never aimed at you ... or here.

In addition to the above information, I can assure you he is a bloody decent chap, is not a spangle and is not a tool.

:thumbsup: Geoff is a top lad, although I've not seen him for donks!

Dunbar Hibee
27-07-2010, 12:59 AM

If he made that up.. he seems like a bellend. IMO of course.

MSK
27-07-2010, 03:35 AM
If he made that up.. he seems like a bellend. IMO of course.Behave yersel....:bitchy:

Leith Green
27-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Where in any of my posts have I taken it personally? I said that anyone who would contemplate winding fellow hibbies up about something such as this is a spangel and a tool, and I'd also like to throw the word helmet into the mix too!

MSK
27-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Where in any of my posts have I taken it personally? I said that anyone who would contemplate winding fellow hibbies up about something such as this is a spangel and a tool, and I'd also like to throw the word helmet into the mix too!Aw get over it man ...whether the game is on or not you can hardly blame someone who posted on hibs.net ...i will believe it when i see it ..i certainly wont be going by what has been posted on here though ...too many folk getting their knickers in a twist over this ...

Jack
27-07-2010, 06:23 AM
The Footlights, Bread Street, always
has odd games on Zitelli. It doesn't
subscribe to sky but takes odd
foreign channels and plays the radio
over it. If anyone was passing over
the next day or two they could make
enquiries.

Jamesie
27-07-2010, 06:39 AM
if he made that up.. He seems like a bellend. Imo of course.

rastbyc!!!

Stuart Crowther
27-07-2010, 06:42 AM

I guess I really should've known better. Was so delighted and carried away by the 'news' that I forgot what Geoff's on-list humour can be like at times.

Sorry about that, I'll sink back to my self-imposed obscurity before I get banned. Again :cool2:

MSK
27-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I guess I really should've known better. Was so delighted and carried away by the 'news' that I forgot what Geoff's on-list humour can be like at times.

Sorry about that, I'll sink back to my self-imposed obscurity before I get banned. Again :cool2:Was there any real need for that smart ersed remark Stuart ..? ...:bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 06:50 AM

Sorry about that, I'll sink back to my self-imposed obscurity before I get banned. Again :cool2:

Well he certainly fooled me. :faf: I love a good wind up, although i suppose those not making the trip wont be so pleased.

California-Hibs
27-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Well he certainly fooled me. :faf: I love a good wind up, although i suppose those not making the trip wont be so pleased.

Not at all, i'm choking at the bit here trying to firgure out how i'm gonna watch the lads playing in Europe on Thursday night. Its a disgrace that its not on the tv! My worry is that i'll try and find a link for it on the net and wont be able to and then what, all i have is match updates?? :bitchy: Its a huge game, and i'll be gutted if i dont get to see it! :agree:

jonny
27-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Not at all, i'm choking at the bit here trying to firgure out how i'm gonna watch the lads playing in Europe on Thursday night. Its a disgrace that its not on the tv! My worry is that i'll try and find a link for it on the net and wont be able to and then what, all i have is match updates?? :bitchy: Its a huge game, and i'll be gutted if i dont get to see it! :agree:

:agree::agree:

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 07:08 AM

My thoughts exactly. Would love to have been there but it's just financially impossible. Now I just have to pray the BBC pull their finger oot, hibs tv work some magic, or my mate in Iraq can help me out.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2010, 07:10 AM

Oooh, hark the martyr.

I thought you had asked for your account to be terminated.

Mikey
27-07-2010, 07:10 AM
I love a good wind up

We know.

DaveF
27-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Was there any real need for that smart ersed remark Stuart ..? ...:bitchy:

Ach Kenny, it's history re-written as per SC who always forgets he continually asked for his account to be banned, and then when it was he complained.

Mad Vlad could learn a lesson on spin from him :cool2:

Anyway, is the game on TV :greengrin

Mikey
27-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Hibs TV really need to let people know what's happening here. People will watch it, regardless of the source. If fans know it's on, and it's priced sensibly, they're more likely to take that option than rely on an unreliable stream for somewhere.

Hibbyradge
27-07-2010, 07:19 AM

Oh, and another thing, how can your obscurity be self-imposed, if you were banned?

Which you weren't.

Martin
27-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Hibs TV really need to let people know what's happening here. People will watch it, regardless of the source. If fans know it's on, and it's priced sensibly, they're more likely to take that option than rely on an unreliable stream for somewhere.

As soon as something can be announced it will be.

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Is it still a possibility?

Bobster
27-07-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't think the Champions League qualifier between Braga and Celtic is on television either so it was a bit over optimistic of Hibs and Well fans to expect the Europa league qualifiers to be screened.
Maybe the TV companies expect the Scottish teams to cruise through the qualifiers so they are saving their cash for the "big ties" but that policy has come unstuck before.
Anyone sounds like a night for the radio unless..............!

Hibbyradge
27-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Is it still a possibility?

Silly question, Callum. :greengrin

You already know the answer to that one!

The answer is......mibbes aye, mibbes no.

Anything is possible. Hearts could still sign Paul Hartley but there's more chance of the Hibs game being on Hibs TV.

1two
27-07-2010, 07:31 AM

OCH!:grr:

Why can't hibs be like the big team over the road and just tell us it is on.
If its doesn't happen then you can just deny al knowledge the next day!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 07:37 AM

A simple few lines on the Hibstv site saying, Hiberniantv are trying to gain permission if possible to transmit live pictures from thursdays game would let fans know we might have a chance of seeing the game. But the lack of ANY information from that site, on virtually everthing to do with live tv and audio is the main reason i am not renewing my subscription this season.

Stuart Crowther
27-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Was there any real need for that smart ersed remark Stuart ..? ...:bitchy:

Sorry was not being smart-ersed, was just an attempt at humour carrying forward something that was said on the mailing list.

Stuart Crowther
27-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Oooh, hark the martyr.

I thought you had asked for your account to be terminated.

Look it was an attempt at humour, poor obviously but that's all, nothing more. I'm trying to lead a quiet life without the previous crap I had to deal with, gonna just respect that?

MSK
27-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Anyway ..even if it is on tv im gonna miss it due to work ...what a twally i am ..cannae believe i didnt request those two Thursdays off !!!! ...:boo hoo::boo hoo:

H18sry
27-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Anyway ..even if it is on tv im gonna miss it due to work ...what a twally i am ..cannae believe i didnt request those two Thursdays off !!!! ...:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Well I was meant to be working on Thursday and due to yesterdays announcement from what I thought was a good source I have given away my shift Tara 70 quid, hello night in in front of the tranny :grr:

MSK
27-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Well I was meant to be working on Thursday and due to yesterdays announcement from what I thought was a good source I have given away my shift Tara 70 quid, hello night in in front of the tranny :grr:Im sure he will entertain you ..:greengrin

ahibby
27-07-2010, 08:12 AM
What, nobody going to Musselburgh races on Thursday night then!:rolleyes:

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Well I was meant to be working on Thursday and due to yesterdays announcement from what I thought was a good source I have given away my shift Tara 70 quid, hello night in in front of the tranny :grr:

I hope Tara is worth the £70 :wink:

Hibbyradge
27-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Look it was an attempt at humour, poor obviously but that's all, nothing more. I'm trying to lead a quiet life without the previous crap I had to deal with, gonna just respect that?

It was self inflicted. Your "poor" attempt at "humour" provoked the responses you got, otherwise you would have heard nothing from me.

May I suggest that in future, your attempts at humour be accompanied by an appropriate smiley.

I'm happy for you to lead as quiet or as loud a life as you want, but I'll continue to repudiate disingenuous posts.

Speedway
27-07-2010, 08:39 AM
It was self inflicted. Your "poor" attempt at "humour" provoked the responses you got, otherwise you would have heard nothing from me.

May I suggest that in future, your attempts at humour be accompanied by an appropriate smiley.

I'm happy for you to lead as quiet or as loud a life as you want, but I'll continue to repudiate disingenuous posts.

repudiate? disingenious?

wot az ibz.net becum?

Hibbyradge
27-07-2010, 08:47 AM
repudiate? disingenious?

wot az ibz.net becum?

Oh Speeders, your maniacal eccentricity is preposterous.

Martin
27-07-2010, 09:00 AM
A simple few lines on the Hibstv site saying, Hiberniantv are trying to gain permission if possible to transmit live pictures from thursdays game would let fans know we might have a chance of seeing the game. But the lack of ANY information from that site, on virtually everthing to do with live tv and audio is the main reason i am not renewing my subscription this season.

As I said when we do have something to advise we will - don't want to get hopes up incase we can't.

Think this thread is a prime example of not saying anything until we are sure we can.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 09:10 AM
As I said when we do have something to advise we will - don't want to get hopes up incase we can't.

Think this thread is a prime example of not saying anything until we are sure we can.

Its not a players transfer you are dealing with, its a little information so the fans know whats going on, we are grown up, we can take disappointments, we do support Hibs after all. The lack of information on the bloody site that broadcasts the stuff is shoddy. In fact you have to come on here to find out whats happening. Nobody will convince me that is the right way to go about things.

Darth Hibbie
27-07-2010, 09:11 AM
This has been added to the Hibernian facebook site

just rang the club, and the bbc, they both seem to agree that the bbc are actually showing our game on thursday, the bbc were saying that their was a gap in the shedual. briliant news like. bbc 2 scotland.

Gavin McCluskie good to hear. ggtth
26 minutes ago · Like
Daryl Cowan Fingers crossed...
23 minutes ago · Like
Mark Strachan It would save me scrounging two days leave after three weeks off and spending £500 taking trains, planes and automobiles to flippin' slovenia???
15 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Hope it is
14 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Just checked the schedule on sky and it says there showing the athletics european championships
12 minutes ago · Like
Michael Brown i cant see it anywhere m8
8 minutes ago · Like
Carl Macar i explaineed that i am a admin for a hibs facebook page and that people had been asking just what i was told like.

Sandy
27-07-2010, 09:12 AM

So is it on or no then :dunno::faf:

Martin
27-07-2010, 09:13 AM
So is it on or no then :dunno::faf:

:greengrin

H18sry
27-07-2010, 09:14 AM

just rang the club, and the bbc, they both seem to agree that the bbc are actually showing our game on thursday, the bbc were saying that their was a gap in the shedual. briliant news like. bbc 2 scotland.

26 minutes ago · Like
23 minutes ago · Like
Mark Strachan It would save me scrounging two days leave after three weeks off and spending £500 taking trains, planes and automobiles to flippin' slovenia???
15 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Hope it is
14 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Just checked the schedule on sky and it says there showing the athletics european championships
12 minutes ago · Like
8 minutes ago · Like
Carl Macar i explaineed that i am a admin for a hibs facebook page and that people had been asking just what i was told like.
:confused: must be true :wink:

MSK
27-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Its not a players transfer you are dealing with, its a little information so the fans know whats going on, we are grown up, we can take disappointments, we do support Hibs after all. The lack of information on the bloody site that broadcasts the stuff is shoddy. In fact you have to come on here to find out whats happening. Nobody will convince me that is the right way to go about things.What more can the guy do or say G ..?..."when they have news they will advise"..seems plausable enough to me ...:agree:

Pretty Boy
27-07-2010, 09:18 AM

26 minutes ago · Like
23 minutes ago · Like
15 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Hope it is
14 minutes ago · Like
12 minutes ago · Like
8 minutes ago · Like

Sandy
27-07-2010, 09:40 AM

26 minutes ago · Like
23 minutes ago · Like
15 minutes ago · Like
Ross Fraser Hope it is
14 minutes ago · Like
12 minutes ago · Like
8 minutes ago · Like

:slipper:

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2010, 09:47 AM
:confused: must be true :wink:

Cut him slack FFS!

He's actually phoned Hibs and the Beeb to find out if they will be showing the game....good on him

Hibernia Na Eir
27-07-2010, 09:48 AM
chessy BBC coverage wi Archie McPherson would be magic :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Cut him slack FFS!

He's actually phoned Hibs and the Beeb to find out if they will be showing the game....good on him

So you believe that both the BBC and Hibs rather than advertise the fact the game is been shown decided to announce the news to a guy who set up an unofficial facbook fan page?

Aye ok then.

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2010, 09:54 AM
So you believe that both the BBC and Hibs rather than advertise the fact the game is been shown decided to announce the news to a guy who set up an unofficial facbook fan page?

Aye ok then.

He asked them a question...they told him....sounds logical to me :wink:

Leith Green
27-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Just off the phone to bbc scotland, guy was really helpful. They aren't showing the game at present, but if they do end up getting coverage live or highlights he said the first thing they would update will be the online schedule, he says to keep checking that ..

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Just off the phone to bbc scotland, guy was really helpful. They aren't showing the game at present, but if they do end up getting coverage live or highlights he said the first thing they would update will be the online schedule, he says to keep checking that ..

and with that.....i'm away to punch myself in the head and hire some goons to put Macar in concrete boots :grr::grr::grr:

classic timing haha

Pretty Boy
27-07-2010, 09:59 AM
He asked them a question...they told him....sounds logical to me :wink:

I just don't believe it for a second. Macar isn't a bad guy but he does talk absolute nonsense.

Anyone could have phoned but most of us know that Hibs or the BBC would make a public announcement that they were showing the game rather than letting the news out to a random fan.

Just IMO likesay.

MacBean
27-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I've bashed an email off to the BEEB and hope to receive a responce. IF i do i will post it up on here good news or bad, or none!

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I've bashed an email off to the BEEB and hope to receive a responce. IF i do i will post it up on here good news or bad, or none!

I've bashed one off as well. Nobody responded but it did make me feel much better!:greengrin

Berwickhibby
27-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Just spoke with Pat Nevin, he has not been asked by the Beeb to work for this match.

Leith Green
27-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Woman on switchboard at easter road told me that it was available on hibs tv...

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 10:37 AM
What more can the guy do or say G ..?..."when they have news they will advise"..seems plausable enough to me ...:agree:

Maybe i just want a little more information HH, what i expect to happen though, is a thread will appear ON HERE around 20 minutes before the game starts, telling us the games on. You will then have to fart around clicking from link to link trying to get signed up for it through paypal, some will get it some not. I have seen a preview of whats in the plans for the near future, and it does seem A LOT CLEARER AND BETTER.:thumbsup: Imho that was needed, because i cant be the only one pissed off with that site. Not the people running it, just the site, and the way its set up.

Ed De Gramo
27-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Just got a reply from Fife Hyland

As far as I am aware no one will be broadcasting the game in the Scottish / UK territory. That's not to say they won't be able to broker a deal between now and then of course, but at moment nothing confirmed.

lets hope something gets brokered :pray::pray::pray:

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2010, 10:54 AM
anyone know if slovenian tv is showing it?

Craig_in_Prague
27-07-2010, 11:02 AM
anyone know if slovenian tv is showing it?

Not on any channel at all. :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
27-07-2010, 11:06 AM

this aint looking good

Hibstrooper
27-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I've bashed one off as well. Nobody responded but it did make me feel much better!:greengrin

:faf::thumbsup:

Aldo
27-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Quality

aberhibsfc
27-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Ah well, until otherwise advised, it'll be 810MW and FIFA10 on Thursday night.

ionahibby
27-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Ah well, until otherwise advised, it'll be 810MW and FIFA10 on Thursday night.

Don't even think its on that i checked bbc radio scotland schedule online no sign of it :grr:

jgl07
27-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Pop around to Justin's and watch it on his TV.

houston1875
27-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't even think its on that i checked bbc radio scotland schedule online no sign of it :grr:

Wat bout the Internet fitba streaming sites,
If already mentioned on thread earlier,I apologise

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Wat bout the Internet fitba streaming sites,
If already mentioned on thread earlier,I apologise

No European channels have the game listed as yet. If it stays like that it won't be on any streaming sites

aberhibsfc
27-07-2010, 02:38 PM
don't even think its on that i checked bbc radio scotland schedule online no sign of it :grr:

ffs!!

Sergey
27-07-2010, 03:08 PM
No European channels have the game listed as yet. If it stays like that it won't be on any streaming sites

It's not on Slovenian TV, either. It was supposed to be, but they've changed the schedule to show the athletics.

craig1875
27-07-2010, 03:18 PM
If its not going to be on any channel in the uk, does that mean that it is not ileagal to watch it online?

A quick search on google found 2 website that claim to be shoing it. If i can find them, anyone can.

CallumLaidlaw
27-07-2010, 03:21 PM
If its not going to be on any channel in the uk, does that mean that it is not ileagal to watch it online?

A quick search on google found 2 website that claim to be shoing it. If i can find them, anyone can.

If it's the same as I found tho, they say they'll be showing them IF there is a streaming link. At the minute there doesn't appear to be.

Have a look at -
http://liveonsat.com/footy_today.php?start_dd=29&start_mm=07&start_yyyy=2010&end_dd=29&end_mm=07&end_yyyy=2010

Diclonius
27-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure BBC Glasgow don't know there's not one, but two Scottish ties on this Thursday.

But Sellack? They're falling over themselves to show that one. Not that it's already being talked about/covered/speculated on every passing minute.

PatHead
27-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Thought the Celtic game wasn't on telly? What side is it on? (Just gaggin on seeing some meaningful football)

jonny
27-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Just posted up on the official site
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100727/hibernian-tv-maribor-broadcast_2262950_2103587

Doesnt tell us much - at least theyve made comment on the issue though

craig1875
27-07-2010, 03:55 PM
If it's the same as I found tho, they say they'll be showing them IF there is a streaming link. At the minute there doesn't appear to be.

Have a look at -
http://liveonsat.com/footy_today.php?start_dd=29&start_mm=07&start_yyyy=2010&end_dd=29&end_mm=07&end_yyyy=2010

You are probably right. I'll check them again closer to kick off and let people know.

Hibs90
27-07-2010, 04:01 PM
So no TV, radio or online. Text updates it is :(

Owain_1987
27-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Could be on Hibernian TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100727/hibernian-tv-maribor-broadcast_2262950_2103587)

ballengeich
27-07-2010, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Radio Scotland has several frequencies and often set up commentaries after the schedule has been published. I'll be astonished if there isn't a radio link.

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 05:01 PM

What more can the guy do or say G ..?..."when they have news they will advise"..seems plausable enough to me ...:agree:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100727/hibernian-tv-maribor-broadcast_2262950_2103587

How hard was that? We now know the team are trying to get the game, we now know we will have people at the game ready to broadcast it, should the facilities be there. All we want is to be kept informed, and on the proper site.

Golden Bear
27-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Could be on Hibernian TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100727/hibernian-tv-maribor-broadcast_2262950_2103587)

Nae chance of catching any news from there then.

:wink:

Bobster
27-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Good luck Hibernian TV in your efforts to show the match - if you succeed I will definitely be subscribing:agree:

ionahibby
27-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Good luck Hibernian TV in your efforts to show the match - if you succeed I will definitely be subscribing:agree:

I think thats the idea with this they know if they can get a broadcast they are bound to get more subscriptions to the service,that petrie is a clever cat you know :greengrin

Ritchie
27-07-2010, 06:04 PM
How much is subscription?

Dalianwanda
27-07-2010, 06:07 PM
How much is subscription?
I got it for 2.50 yesterday...special offer

MSK
27-07-2010, 06:26 PM

How hard was that? We now know the team are trying to get the game, we now know we will have people at the game ready to broadcast it, should the facilities be there. All we want is to be kept informed, and on the proper site.Whoah there G..why are you quoting me ..?...my concern & my reply to you is about advice given on here ..hibs.net.. not the official site.. ..Martin etc post info on here because they choose to not because they are instructed to..in fairness though..wi some being called "bellend, Knob ends or Tool's" may put folk off & quite rightly so ...

we are hibs
27-07-2010, 06:40 PM

you should get updates from hear if not on anything

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/season=2011/live/day=-4/session=1/match=2002757/matchcenterlight/index.html

Ritchie
27-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I got it for 2.50 yesterday...special offer

For a year??

How'd you get that?

PC Stamp
27-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Whoah there G..why are you quoting me ..?...my concern & my reply to you is about advice given on here ..hibs.net.. not the official site.. ..Martin etc post info on here because they choose to not because they are instructed to..in fairness though..wi some being called "bellend, Knob ends or Tool's" may put folk off & quite rightly so ...

Top marks for that Kenny. No-one at HTV deliberately tries NOT to broadcast a game and it's disheartening for the guys to see what are fortunately just a small handful of crass comments when we can't do so and usually from people who are one off subscribers who because of that don't realise there are many varied reasons why we can't broadcast. We're delighted however that 99.5% of Hibs fans appreciate our efforts to broadcast games, whether that be via audio or video. I kid you not, if people could actually see some of the things we have to put up with when trying to broadcast games it would be a real eye opener. Things like standing ankle deep in water at Starks Park having to physically hold the audio units etc because there was nothing else to put them on other than the ground itself! Trying to run a power cable almost 100 metres up 3 flights of stairs in Dinaburg because that was the closest power point to the commentary position. Having to borrow a SDSL internet line from a certain satellite TV company at one of the biggest grounds in Scotland because not one of the other lines worked for reasons unknown! Sitting right in amongst all the nice people in the main stand at Tynecastle trying vainly to provide commentary and sound unbiased! Power cuts in the commentary position at Fir Park. No designated commentary position at all at places like Dingwall with a cable stretched to its limit plugged in to a telephone socket with wires held together by insulating tape! And more!!

The bottom line is this. If we can do a game we will and we'll leave no stone unturned to find ways of doing it! Sadly however on some occasions we will turn over all the stones but still find nothing. And that's as frustrating for us as it is for everyone else!

Luna_Asylum
27-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Ach Kenny, it's history re-written as per SC who always forgets he continually asked for his account to be banned, and then when it was he complained.

Mad Vlad could learn a lesson on spin from him :cool2:

Anyway, is the game on TV :greengrin

so why did he not get banned on request or is that not allowed?
if you want to get banned but are not really allowed do you have to abuse someone even if you don't want to?
anyway IS the game on tv?

Eire hibs
27-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Apologies if already posted but what does the following mean on the right hand side towards the bottom of the Maribor homepage underneath the picture of the tv with the two club badges on it actually say?

www.nkmaribor.com/ (http://www.nkmaribor.com/)

Google translator translates it as follows:

Thursday spectacle in the popular garden: at current information officials from the national television live TV game will be! Rights play a match NK Maribor - Slovenia Hibernian has a TV program, in the evening hours this week will be adjusted to the European Championships in Athletics. Also on Thursday, the final scheduled appearance Martine Ratej in javelin throw, so that the clip matches the plan of work in the People's Garden at the end of track and field events in Barcelona. If there are any changes, we will provide timely notice.

It would appear Sergey is correct and the game has been shifted for the athletics. However, if they are there live recording the match for later does this mean it will be streamable over the internet?

degenerated
27-07-2010, 08:57 PM
so why did he not get banned on request or is that not allowed?
if you want to get banned but are not really allowed do you have to abuse someone even if you don't want to?
anyway IS the game on tv?

the clue is in the bit spamheids quote, just after the bit you highlighted. where he said "when it was"

Luna_Asylum
27-07-2010, 09:11 PM
the clue is in the bit spamheids quote, just after the bit you highlighted. where he said "when it was"

I noticed that also. The bit I don't understand is the continually asked part.
Like how many times and why not after the first request.

Thanks

MSK
27-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I noticed that also. The bit I don't understand is the continually asked part.
Like how many times and why not after the first request.

ThanksThat is private ..details like that have absolutley nothing to do with you particularly as you have no reason to obtain them ....

However ..what is your name..home addy ..where do you work ..home telephone number & work number too please ..oh & dont forget yer mobile number ..

Ta..

Luna_Asylum
27-07-2010, 09:25 PM
That is private ..details like that have absolutley nothing to do with you particularly as you have no reason to obtain them ....

However ..what is your name..home addy ..where do you work ..home telephone number & work number too please ..oh & dont forget yer mobile number ..

Ta..

pls ban me thx

MSK
27-07-2010, 09:28 PM
pls ban me thxI cant ..i need your details first ..come on ..fair's fair man ..:rolleyes:

Oh ..& its got to be in writing ..your writing ..nae cheating mind ..:rules:

blackpoolhibs
27-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Whoah there G..why are you quoting me ..?...my concern & my reply to you is about advice given on here ..hibs.net.. not the official site.. ..Martin etc post info on here because they choose to not because they are instructed to..in fairness though..wi some being called "bellend, Knob ends or Tool's" may put folk off & quite rightly so ...
I only quoted you because you mentioned they would say something when there was something to say, and they did.

Top marks for that Kenny. No-one at HTV deliberately tries NOT to broadcast a game and it's disheartening for the guys to see what are fortunately just a small handful of crass comments when we can't do so and usually from people who are one off subscribers who because of that don't realise there are many varied reasons why we can't broadcast. We're delighted however that 99.5% of Hibs fans appreciate our efforts to broadcast games, whether that be via audio or video. I kid you not, if people could actually see some of the things we have to put up with when trying to broadcast games it would be a real eye opener. Things like standing ankle deep in water at Starks Park having to physically hold the audio units etc because there was nothing else to put them on other than the ground itself! Trying to run a power cable almost 100 metres up 3 flights of stairs in Dinaburg because that was the closest power point to the commentary position. Having to borrow a SDSL internet line from a certain satellite TV company at one of the biggest grounds in Scotland because not one of the other lines worked for reasons unknown! Sitting right in amongst all the nice people in the main stand at Tynecastle trying vainly to provide commentary and sound unbiased! Power cuts in the commentary position at Fir Park. No designated commentary position at all at places like Dingwall with a cable stretched to its limit plugged in to a telephone socket with wires held together by insulating tape! And more!!

The bottom line is this. If we can do a game we will and we'll leave no stone unturned to find ways of doing it! Sadly however on some occasions we will turn over all the stones but still find nothing. And that's as frustrating for us as it is for everyone else!

I understand that you and the others on the shop floor are doing your best and more, but the site is crap, the information is no existent or difficult to find, and trying to navigate it is rediculous at times. I have seen a glimpse of whats coming, and think it looks good, it was sorely needed though imho, as i dont believe it could carry on in that way.

Broken Gnome
28-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Neither leg of the Celtic-Braga tie will be on TV apparently. Sorry to douse the BBC Glasgow flames...

Leith Green
28-07-2010, 06:44 AM
With it looking highly unlikely the game will be on telly, and my laptop goosed thus ruling hibs tv or any internet streams out of the equation, does anyone know if there will be radio coverage? Starting to look very very bleak, updates on .net using my blackberry its looking like!

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2010, 06:46 AM
With it looking highly unlikely the game will be on telly, and my laptop goosed thus ruling hibs tv or any internet streams out of the equation, does anyone know if there will be radio coverage? Starting to look very very bleak, updates on .net using my blackberry its looking like!

Which is quite amazing. 18 years have passed since I had to listen to the Anderlecht game the same way!!

Leith Green
28-07-2010, 07:00 AM
I actually quite like listening to the away games I can't make on radio, it always sounds so much more exciting than the game probably is, trouble here is even that looks a non starter!

frazeHFC
28-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Anyone know if the second leg will be shown anywhere in Malta? Pubs etc?

Steve-O
28-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Fact is that this game is not even the UEFA Cup proper - why would it even be on TV? How many people would watch? About 10,000 Hibs fans at most?

IWasThere2016
28-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Neither leg of the Celtic-Braga tie will be on TV apparently. Sorry to douse the BBC Glasgow flames...

Correct - Cellic trying to sell Cellic TV subs and tickets for the return leg, and I am not sure they can be blamed for that.

MacBean
28-07-2010, 08:30 AM

The BBC
Hi Paul,
Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately we were unable to secure TV or radio rights for the Maribor match. We are investigating whether we can secure a private broadcast stream so we can do a live text commentary.
Kind regards,
BBC Sport Interactive

not even on the Radio!!!
ah well..

jonny
28-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Come on Hibs TV, sort it out where the BBC couldn't :pray::pray:

NYHibby
28-07-2010, 08:41 AM
For a year??

How'd you get that?

No, they are having a preseason special where you get the first month for £2.50. Then its something like £3.99 for each month after that.

Craig_in_Prague
28-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Fact is that this game is not even the UEFA Cup proper - why would it even be on TV? How many people would watch? About 10,000 Hibs fans at most?

More to the point, why shouldn't it be on TV?

We suffer sometimes dismal SPL and EPL games etc every week on the box.

and in my opinion national TV should do all it can to show clubs representing it's country.

Can't football not be about money, just sometimes?

Czech TV are showing Plzen match tomorrow, they're crowd will be very small and hardly anyone will watch it. But still on free to air channel and available.

BBC Scotland are a pathetic lot.

In this day and age I honestly feel these games should be on TV!

Golden Bear
28-07-2010, 08:48 AM
This is totally incidental in the context of the Hibs game but I see that Liverpool's away Europa Tie against FK Rabotnicki (honest!) is being shown on Primetime TV (Sky Channel 480) at 7:45 on Thursday.

It must be a pay as you view channel as they're advertising a cost of £4.99.

So I suppose if the main TV channels are not broadcasting the likes of Liverpool then there's no chance of them showing the Hibs game!

number9dream
28-07-2010, 09:00 AM
BBC Scotland will be offering a dismal sum for radio commentary and Hibs will be knocking them back for UK rights in a bid to boost subscribers for their own coverage - if that can be arranged.

If it can't be sorted out then it will probably be too late to let the beeb have it at a bargain price.

If Slovenian TV aren't showing it, the beeb won't be able to get an in-house feed for a live text thing.

It could be that all we get is PA's live text feed, which can be accessed from beeb site, or updates from folk at the ground via hibs.net.

DavieRoy
28-07-2010, 09:43 AM
BBC Scotland will be offering a dismal sum for radio commentary and Hibs will be knocking them back for UK rights in a bid to boost subscribers for their own coverage - if that can be arranged.

Maribor own the TV rights for this match as it's their home game, so I don't think it is a case of Hibs knocking anything back.

Just like it's up to Braga to sell the rights to their game with Celtic tonight and no deal has been done with a UK broadcaster.

Scooter
28-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Maribor own the TV rights for this match as it's their home game, so I don't think it is a case of Hibs knocking anything back.

Just like it's up to Braga to sell the rights to their game with Celtic tonight and no deal has been done with a UK broadcaster.

Get it sorted Luke :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm surprised at the amount of folk complaining about this - I've read hundreds of posts on here complaining when our games are on the telly.

marinello59
28-07-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm surprised at the amount of folk complaining about this - I've read hundreds of posts on here complaining when our games are on the telly.

Because there is obviously no difference between a normal league game and a game played away mid week in Europe.:rolleyes:

aberhibsfc
28-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Because there is obviously no difference between a normal league game and a game played away mid week in Europe.:rolleyes:

:agree:

And the reason people complain about domestic games on TV is due to the fannying about
with game schedules.

Given the small amount of money ESPN and SKY conspired together to prevent a bidding war and us geting a fair price. They are have too much clout re-scheduling given how little they are putting into our game.

Hibs On Tour
28-07-2010, 11:01 AM
:agree:

And the reason people complain about domestic games on TV is due to the fannying about
with game schedules.

Given the small amount of money ESPN and SKY conspired together to prevent a bidding war and us geting a fair price. They are have too much clout re-scheduling given how little they are putting into our game.

To be fair, if the SFA hadn't been run by morons we wouldn't have needed bailed out at a vastly reduced rate by ESPN/SKY. Aim the blame where it should go...

jgl07
28-07-2010, 11:02 AM
To be fair, if the SFA hadn't been run by morons we wouldn't have needed bailed out at a vastly reduced rate by ESPN/SKY. Aim the blame where it should go...
Don't you mean the SPL?

Hibs On Tour
28-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't you mean the SPL?

Probably. They all seem to be a bunch of caannts so tend to merge into one useless lump in my mind...

NeilT
28-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Seems to be on live here
http://www.livesoccertv.com/channels/uefa/

Danderhall Hibs
28-07-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm just thinking about the die-hards that have parted with their hard-earned cash to go all the way over there. :wink:

marinello59
28-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm just thinking about the die-hards that have parted with their hard-earned cash to go all the way over there. :wink:

Aye................OK. :greengrin

Jack
28-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Sorry to have to correct you DBS but the Yaks actually conquered most of the world during WW2 which is commonplace for a big team. Our bonanza is restricted to Europe only therefore pales into insignificance compared to their global bonanza.

With no apology for stealing this from the Bounce.

Tricla, the Yaks actually conquered most of the world during WW1, they failed to qualify for WWII. :cool2:

matty_f
28-07-2010, 12:39 PM
With no apology for stealing this from the Bounce.

Tricla, the Yaks actually conquered most of the world during WW1, they failed to qualify for WWII. :cool2:

Not true, actually. They were just about to win WWII when they were scunnered at the last minute by the wee guy with the moustache.:thumbsup:

MacBean
28-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Celtic game is available on Irag goals.

gives me more hope about tomorrow

iwasthere1972
28-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Celtic game is available on Irag goals.

gives me more hope about tomorrow

Me too. Something tells me that other site will throw up a blank or ask for your credit card number.