PDA

View Full Version : Arrangements for Carlise

Lmc2105
18-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi guys.

We are taking a bus down to Carlise and well ii was wondering where everyone was heading before the game.

we are looking to get booked into somewhere before the match a few hours early so people can go for a drink etc ... however we have been advised to stay clear of the city centre?

anyone know any places?

Thanks Lee
Edinburgh & Livingston H.S.C

Gala Foxes
18-07-2010, 04:41 PM
there is a big Brewers Fayre type pub a few minutes walk from the ground - welcome football fans, most Leicester fans headed there before our game at Brunton season before last

Lmc2105
18-07-2010, 04:46 PM
there is a big Brewers Fayre type pub a few minutes walk from the ground - welcome football fans, most Leicester fans headed there before our game at Brunton season before last

I asked about this one and i have been advised to try and keep away and try and get one on the out skirts of Carlise.

as far as i am aware they want us in and out. (supporter buses)

i have some one mention the Bordergait?

Can't say i have heard of it myself

oconnors_strip
18-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi guys.

We are taking a bus down to Carlise and well ii was wondering where everyone was heading before the game.

we are looking to get booked into somewhere before the match a few hours early so people can go for a drink etc ... however we have been advised to stay clear of the city centre?

anyone know any places?

Thanks Lee
Edinburgh & Livingston H.S.C

lee contact mick as he has been in touch with a pub that buses and fans can go to and have a good sing song. pm him or post something on 12th man forum:wink:

Lmc2105
18-07-2010, 04:51 PM
lee contact mick as he has been in touch with a pub that buses and fans can go to and have a good sing song. pm him or post something on 12th man forum:wink:

Will do Nikki Cheers for your help as always :thumbsup::wink:

CallumLaidlaw
18-07-2010, 05:01 PM
ould also like to know where everyone is gathering beforehand. we are staying in carlisle on the saturday night but want a singalong before the game

hibeedonald
18-07-2010, 05:06 PM
ould also like to know where everyone is gathering beforehand. we are staying in carlisle on the saturday night but want a singalong before the game

does it have a town square?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Botchergate is the main drinking street in Carlisle, plenty boozers, bookies and takeaways in a small area. I was down there yesterday and away fans were allowed in all the boozers.

CallumLaidlaw
18-07-2010, 07:20 PM
we should ll try and head to the same pub in botchergate then.
Lloyds? Walkabout?
Any have a beer garden?

Baldy
18-07-2010, 07:48 PM
was down there yesterday as well, the problem is its a Sunday game with a 2pm kick off .... pubs don't open until 12.30

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Wetherspoons and Lloyds are open at about 7 down there on a Sun as per their website (Doubt they sell drink at that time, but, after 10 they deffo do). Wetherspoons and Walkabout have seating outside.

CallumLaidlaw
18-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Wetherspoons and Lloyds are open at about 7 down there on a Sun as per their website (Doubt they sell drink at that time, but, after 10 they deffo do). Wetherspoons and Walkabout have seating outside.

Walkabout might be the way forward then.
Unless anyone knows if we'll all be getting into the rugby club by the stadium.

LancashireHibby
18-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Wetherspoon's down here open at 7am for breakfast and start serving booze from 9am onwards.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Wasnae too sure when bevvy was served from on a Sun, 1000 is the earliest Ive been in there.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Walkabouts has loads of outdoor seating on the botchergate. Its around a 15 min walk to the ground from botchergate. Defo start drinkin from 10am down there on sundays. I hear newcastle fans (neds) tried to trash carlisle rugby club on sat. This would be another good meetin place for hibs fans right next to brunton park and lots of outdoor seating round the back

Hermit Crab
19-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Theres a boozer almost opposite the ground called the beehive,not sure if away fans will get in though.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Theres a boozer almost opposite the ground called the beehive,not sure if away fans will get in though.

doubt it very much.

Its a CUFC bar and i heard Newcastle got turned away on Saturday by bouncers.

Hermit Crab
19-07-2010, 02:06 PM
doubt it very much.

Its a CUFC bar and i heard Newcastle got turned away on Saturday by bouncers.

Ok wasnt sure with it being a friendly. You can get booze in the ground aswell but not sure about the terraced areas but ive been before and bought booze under the seated stand before the game and at halftime :thumbsup:

Penrith Hibee
19-07-2010, 05:44 PM
The Carlisle Rugby Club is near the ground, provides secure parking and will open the bar and provide food etc....

Jeff

CallumLaidlaw
19-07-2010, 08:33 PM
The Carlisle Rugby Club is near the ground, provides secure parking and will open the bar and provide food etc....

Jeff

Any idea what time they'll open on a sunday?

andrew70
19-07-2010, 08:57 PM
lee any chance of four seats on the bus mate?