PDA

View Full Version : Europa Cup, 3rd Round travel arrangements

big-mo
17-07-2010, 01:40 PM
The club are having a meeting on Monday to discuss the possibility of putting on a fan's charter; more details will likely be posted on Monday.

However, ITA Sports Travel already have the ball rolling and are looking for people to register an interest in travelling, here are their details:-

"If there are sufficient numbers ITA Sports Travel who did the Hibs trips to Ukraine and Latvia intend to do a 2 night charter trip. This will be for flight, transfers and accommodation. The flight is being arranged to leave on Wednesday 28h July and return to Edinburgh on 30th July to Slovenia or Hungary depending on the results of next game.

The preliminary costs should be available on Monday afternoon and will be sent our to the people who have registered an interest. The final costs are dependant on destination airport.

If you wish to register an interest e-mail itasports@btconnect.com with name on passport/passport number
and full address and contact telephone number. Also indicate how you wish to pay.

As we have a very short time space all costs must be paid before departure, payment must be made by Friday 23rd July 2010. Payment can be made by Debit Card, Credit Card or Cash. There is a 2% charge for credit cards.

Your place can only be confirmed when payment is made, First come first served as always

A venue will be arranged to discuss all details."
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon6.png

Could someone on the .net please post these details on the bounce. Ta

Kojock
17-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats me registered my interest. Anybody else on here considering this way. :agree:

Billy Whizz
17-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I've registered as well!

hawkhill harp
17-07-2010, 02:54 PM
We've registered as well,went to the Ukraine with I.T.A.,couldn't fault them at all

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2010, 04:21 PM
I know its short notice, but, value option will be via internet options and book a wee adventure!

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Thats me registered my interest. Anybody else on here considering this way. :agree:

I was planning to but I'm worried about Jambo infiltration.

I heard Rixy and Wee Airdrie Jambo were on the register.

Calvin
17-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Given the very short period I have to book travel of my own, this could be a good option.

Would prefer to do it myself but depending on the price I think it's worth a punt!

hibsboy90
17-07-2010, 10:46 PM
A bit strange to give out name, numbers, passport info to a company with no website. Fair amount of googling with no traces, not even slight.

Hibbyradge
17-07-2010, 10:50 PM
:hmmm:

I'd be interested in such a package, but I'm not passing on my details yet.

darwenhibby
17-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I was told today that there is no real need to panic.

The no 26 bus goes right past the door of both grounds.

oconnors_strip
17-07-2010, 11:19 PM
A bit strange to give out name, numbers, passport info to a company with no website. Fair amount of googling with no traces, not even slight.

this company arranged 2 planes to dnipro in 2005, their organisation of the trip was 1st class and are very reliable. everything was organised by them, flights, transfers, accommodation, transport to and from the game, visas etc etc. fans only needed spending money and had to sit in the sunshine drinking until the bus picked us up at the scheduled time.

the reason for requesting personal details is probably for when the team we are playing is confirmed then they can go ahead and book things asap, there is alot of work to do in a short space of time! saves coming out and saying ok we are going to make a package for slovenia, please pass on your details, by the time people do that it is wasting valuable time and effort of the travel agent

monktonharp
17-07-2010, 11:37 PM
this company arranged 2 planes to dnipro in 2005, their organisation of the trip was 1st class and are very reliable. everything was organised by them, flights, transfers, accommodation, transport to and from the game, visas etc etc. fans only needed spending money and had to sit in the sunshine drinking until the bus picked us up at the scheduled time.

the reason for requesting personal details is probably for when the team we are playing is confirmed then they can go ahead and book things asap, there is alot of work to do in a short space of time! saves coming out and saying ok we are going to make a package for slovenia, please pass on your details, by the time people do that it is wasting valuable time and effort of the travel agent where are they based? can you not just go in and arrange it at their premises with the cash? understand well what you are saying,but i too am reluctant to give details over the internet,being a silly auld sausage:wink:

hibsboy90
17-07-2010, 11:46 PM

the reason for requesting personal details is probably for when the team we are playing is confirmed then they can go ahead and book things asap, there is alot of work to do in a short space of time! saves coming out and saying ok we are going to make a package for slovenia, please pass on your details, by the time people do that it is wasting valuable time and effort of the travel agent

Thanks, I had guessed that they had donr previous hibs trips before, but these days it's always safe to do a quick bit of research to see who your dealing with.

I will pass on my interest, but not passport numbers, i will do once prices are confirmed.

oconnors_strip
17-07-2010, 11:48 PM
where are they based? can you not just go in and arrange it at their premises with the cash? understand well what you are saying,but i too am reluctant to give details over the internet,being a silly auld sausage:wink:

their office is on queensferry road, im sure once they have had more meetings and phone calls on monday they will give out more info on payments etc etc.

ronaldo7
18-07-2010, 06:41 AM
For the Dnipro trip, they had a meeting down at the Hibs club, and gave out more information there. They handled that trip very well. The first plane load was priced at £350, with the second one at £400(different hotels).

Great trip and well organised.:agree:

Father Ted
18-07-2010, 07:16 AM

Here is their website and contact details. No longer at Queensferry Street.

http://www.itahotels.com/contact.htm

Gala Foxes
18-07-2010, 07:35 AM
travelled with them to Dnipro - all went well, organisation, transfers , hotel all fine

CentreLine
18-07-2010, 07:47 AM

Spot on :agree:.
ITA is an excellent option for this trip, they are experienced and are all Hibees. Their organisation of the Dnipro trip and Tartan Army trips is first class.

New Corrie
18-07-2010, 08:40 AM
This will be the option for me, can't wait, either destination would do nicely, thanks

down-the-slope
18-07-2010, 08:52 AM
where are they based? can you not just go in and arrange it at their premises with the cash? understand well what you are saying,but i too am reluctant to give details over the internet,being a silly auld sausage:wink:

No No No No...Never Never...I know they did previous trip etc...but Always pay by credit card so you have that protection in case anything goes wrong either with them or their suppliers (hotels / flights etc)

down-the-slope
18-07-2010, 08:58 AM
From checking I have done anything around £400 would be a bargin if its edin direct to city of game

lucky
18-07-2010, 09:00 AM
ITA are probably a decent company but there is nothing on the Hibs website saying they are Hibs chosen partner. As such I am wary of giving details to a third party on the back of a posting of a fellow .netter

Steve-O
18-07-2010, 09:03 AM
ITA are probably a decent company but there is nothing on the Hibs website saying they are Hibs chosen partner. As such I am wary of giving details to a third party on the back of a posting of a fellow .netter

Trust us, they are not scammers.

I also went to Dnipro with them and all was good.

Does Kevin Thomas still run them?

lucky
18-07-2010, 09:08 AM

Not saying they are scammers. However I think it may be worthwhile waiting to see if hibs actually announce them as the chosen travel provider.

Steve-O
18-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Not saying they are scammers. However I think it may be worthwhile waiting to see if hibs actually announce them as the chosen travel provider.

I'm not even sure if they were the 'chosen' provider last time but what's the difference?

I think I recall their trip being better value than the Hibs one in 2005? Happy to be proven wrong though as I can't remember 100%.

Hibbyradge
18-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I have then my name by email yesterday but not any other details. I received a confirmation email back so that's me on the list to be contacted.

PaulSmith
18-07-2010, 09:21 AM

They will probably not be anything 'official' about ITA and Hibernian FC. All previous trips were done as an independant travel company but with some ex-Hibs player connections.

Can be trusted 100% IMO.

down-the-slope
18-07-2010, 09:26 AM
As i have already said...whats the worry.

They have done great trips before.PAY BY CREDIT CARD and you will have had the goods (or if any issue - not) before you even get the card bill and then you have protection by the card company under consumer law as they become jointly liable for supply of the goods or services if over £100

Never buy holidays flights.etc etc where you are not walking off with the goods immediatly without using a credit card...its what they are for (not spending money you don't have:wink:)

Betty Boop
18-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Kevin Thomas and his Mother. :agree:

PaulSmith
18-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Kevin Thomas and his Mother. :agree:

Kev now stays abroad and doubt that he'll be involved, it'll be Stuart and Isabel.

H18sry
18-07-2010, 09:35 AM
We traveled independently to Riga, then on to Duagavpils, but back on the coaches to Riga with ITA Travel and it was a pleasant experience, Company is owned by Hibs supporting ex footballer Kevin Thomas's mother :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 11:37 AM
This is the reply i have just received, have some people paid already, without knowing how much, or how long they are going for?:confused:

Thank you for your e-mail. We have registered your interest in the Hibs away game and will e-mail you costs on Monday once aircharter details are confirmed. If payment is made as already advised you place is guaranteed.

Dalkeith
18-07-2010, 11:48 AM

same here

Hermit Crab
18-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Im sure the Dnipro flight i was on left a few hours late due to a dispute about who was paying for the fuelling of the plane. Anyone else remember that?

Hermit Crab
18-07-2010, 11:52 AM
We traveled independently to Riga, then on to Duagavpils, but back on the coaches to Riga with ITA Travel and it was a pleasant experience, Company is owned by Hibs supporting ex footballer Kevin Thomas's mother :wink:

Aye that was a great trip, 4 hours on the coach with lots of booze and nae bog wasny clever though :wink:

Cod Boy
18-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Im sure the Dnipro flight i was on left a few hours late due to a dispute about who was paying for the fuelling of the plane. Anyone else remember that?

spot on mate there was a few folk starting to lose it cause we werent in the air

Sanger
18-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Folk have probably suggested this but I have two weeks off and going to Berlin tomorrow and back on Friday. Flying to Bratislava on Wed 28 Jul and staying overnight. If playing Moriborg take train next day to Vienna (1 hour) and then 3 and half train to Moriborg arriving at just before 4pm local time. Stay overnight and go back to Braislava on Friday staying overnight on Friday and fly back to Edinburgh Saturday. I we we are playing Videoton then train on Thursday to Budapest staying overnight here and take one hour train to where Videoton play and return same night to Budapest. Next day take train to Bratislava and stay overnight there and return to Edinburgh on Saturday. Not everybody will be able to get this amount of time off from work and partner.

StevieC
18-07-2010, 01:07 PM

spot on mate there was a few folk starting to lose it cause we werent in the air

I can only imaging how hard it would have been to organise something as difficult as the Dnipro trip in such a short time.
Chartering a plane, hotel bookings, transport between airport/stadium, airport charges and taxes .. and all this in a country that still had issues with bribery and corruption (I've experienced it first hand) would make it a minor miracle to pass relatively incident free ... and yet ITA managed to pull it off.

For that reason alone I'd be happy to put my faith in them again for this trip.

H18sry
18-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Aye that was a great trip, 4 hours on the coach with lots of booze and nae bog wasny clever though :wink:

Aye but we did the outward journey in the back of a 9 seater taxi-bus with one local sitting on the wheel arch the whole journey, and the taxi-bus driver threw 2 locals off to let us on with our carry out :thumbsup:

Kojock
18-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Thank you for your e-mail. We have registered your interest in the Hibs away game and will e-mail you costs on Monday once aircharter details are confirmed. If payment is made as already advised you place is guaranteed.

I registered but didnt get a cofirmation email. Should I be worried. :confused::boo hoo:

Dalkeith
18-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Check your spam folder , mine was in there

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I registered but didnt get a cofirmation email. Should I be worried. :confused::boo hoo:

I'm not worried, i only registered my name, although told them 3 of us were interested. If its full its full, there will be a cheaper option, but it will just take a little more effort to organise.

Kojock
18-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm not worried, i only registered my name, although told them 3 of us were interested. If its full its full, there will be a cheaper option, but it will just take a little more effort to organise.

Ive been travelling back and forth to Slovenia for the past 6 years and know all the routes pretty well. Trust me you might get it a bit cheaper but there will be a helluva lot more travelling and hassle involved.

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Ive been travelling back and forth to Slovenia for the past 6 years and know all the routes pretty well. Trust me you might get it a bit cheaper but there will be a helluva lot more travelling and hassle involved.

£170 to the airport, 3 of us sharing a car and a room. What hassle can we expect?:confused:

StevieC
18-07-2010, 02:32 PM
£170 to the airport, 3 of us sharing a car and a room. What hassle can we expect?:confused:

Prices could rocket over the coming week? Connection issues? Budget flights have been known to be cancelled at the last minute? Transport availability might be difficult if larger than expected numbers turn up? Issues at immigration or passport control?

I have to admit, I think travelling seperately adds to the adventure but there is a lot to be said about having everything put on a plate for you.

Kojock
18-07-2010, 02:34 PM

Take it thats from London Stansted to Ljubljana ???

Speaking from personal experience flying from Edinburgh to London £86 and a 1hr flight, a wait at Stansted for a few hours, 2hr flight to Ljubljana £170. Cost of car hire. 2 hr drive to Maribor. Cost of accomodation. Cost of getting to and from the game. 2hr drive back to Ljubljana. 2hr flight back to London then hey presto theres not enough time to get your connecting flight back to Edinburgh. Cost of flights £256 + £30 each (car hire) + £70 each Hotel = £356 with a total travelling/waiting time of around 15 hours

Alternatively, Get lift to Edinburgh Airport 15 minutes. 3hr flight. Board coach to hotel. Bevvy, return coach to game. Board coach for return flight, 3hrs and Im back in Edinburgh giving me enough time to get ready for my two day trip to Carlisle.

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Prices could rocket over the coming week? Connection issues? Budget flights have been known to be cancelled at the last minute? Transport availability might be difficult if larger than expected numbers turn up? Issues at immigration or passport control?

I have to admit, I think travelling seperately adds to the adventure but there is a lot to be said about having everything put on a plate for you.

Thanks Stevie, something to think about.

HibbyDave
18-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Me + 1 registered interest in going. :thumbsup:Just need to know how much now!

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Speaking from personal experience flying from Edinburgh to London £86 and a 1hr flight, a wait at Stansted for a few hours, 2hr flight to Ljubljana £170. Cost of car hire. 2 hr drive to Maribor. Cost of accomodation. Cost of getting to and from the game. 2hr drive back to Ljubljana. 2hr flight back to London then hey presto theres not enough time to get your connecting flight back to Edinburgh. Cost of flights £256 + £30 each (car hire) + £70 each Hotel = £356 with a total travelling/waiting time of around 15 hours

Alternatively, Get lift to Edinburgh Airport 15 minutes. 3hr flight. Board coach to hotel. Bevvy, return coach to game. Board coach for return flight, 3hrs and Im back in Edinburgh giving me enough time to get ready for my two day trip to Carlisle.

I suppose you are right, for us we have to travel to edinburgh, stanstead is just as near for us. Travelling to and from the game to the airport, has to be done, whether in a car or on a chartered bus, and will be quicker in the car. I think for us it will be a little cheaper.

StevieC
18-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks Stevie, something to think about.

To be fair, it's probably worst case and everything will be okay .. and going it seperately is a better adventure.

I've done both routes to get to Dnipro. ITA for the match and planes, trains and taxi's for Dnipro Appeal trips. The ITA trip was excellent and allowed us to do the orphanage visits (as well as take out stuff for the kids) the first time around but I am glad I have also done the other route as it gave a much better feel of the country and the people.

That said, by going the Kiev route I have experienced missed connections, lengthy stays sitting about various airports, lost luggage, immigration delays, questioning at customs, trains fully booked and dodgy taxi drivers trying to rip you off. None have ever proven too costly, or prevented me from getting where I wanted to be, but I could certainly have done without the hassle involved.

Kojock
18-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I suppose you are right, for us we have to travel to edinburgh, stanstead is just as near for us. Travelling to and from the game to the airport, has to be done, whether in a car or on a chartered bus, and will be quicker in the car. I think for us it will be a little cheaper.

Maribor has an airport but its mainly commercial. Dont know if ITA would be able to fly into there. Ryanair were flying there for a short time but there was not enough demand.

It is an easy drive from Ljubljana to Maribor - all motorway - only problem is you need a sober driver :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Maribor has an airport but its mainly commercial. Dont know if ITA would be able to fly into there. Ryanair were flying there for a short time but there was not enough demand.

It is an easy drive from Ljubljana to Maribor - all motorway - only problem is you need a sober driver :wink:

Ah first hiccup.:greengrin

down-the-slope
18-07-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm sure its stanstead easyjet..remember if you checked for 1 seat and then try book 4 the price can jump a band ....unless you are doing overnight train to avoid accomodation costs its pretty expensive...also with seperate sectors the airline is not responsible for connection misses

EDIT - unless you are just heading straight to stanstead

Kojock
18-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm sure its stanstead easyjet..remember if you checked for 1 seat and then try book 4 the price can jump a band ....unless you are doing overnight train to avoid accomodation costs its pretty expensive...also with seperate sectors the airline is not responsible for connection misses

Easyjet : Edinburgh - London Stansted - Ljubljana

Ryanair : Edinburgh or Prestwick - London Stansted - Graz (Austria) is my preferred route.

james62
18-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Folk have probably suggested this but I have two weeks off and going to Berlin tomorrow and back on Friday. Flying to Bratislava on Wed 28 Jul and staying overnight. If playing Moriborg take train next day to Vienna (1 hour) and then 3 and half train to Moriborg arriving at just before 4pm local time. Stay overnight and go back to Braislava on Friday staying overnight on Friday and fly back to Edinburgh Saturday. I we we are playing Videoton then train on Thursday to Budapest staying overnight here and take one hour train to where Videoton play and return same night to Budapest. Next day take train to Bratislava and stay overnight there and return to Edinburgh on Saturday. Not everybody will be able to get this amount of time off from work and partner.

I've doing something similar but flying to and staying in Vienna on Wednesday and Friday night.

down-the-slope
18-07-2010, 03:14 PM
only problem with a charter this time will be its main English holiday season.....most decent airlines / planes will be spoken for already..

old baltic charters :panic:

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
18-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been through the whole Bratislava thing, thats the fall back option as it looks a bit of a long way round! Been told that Viena is another option where you would have relatively easy access to either destination. Can someone confirm this? Also, does anyone have any idea how much the trains cost??

Hibbyradge
18-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Not much point in chartering a plane unless Maribor airport is the destination.

It's probably cheaper for the aircraft to wait there than Ljubljana and it would save the cost of a fleet of buses.

But, I've been wrong before...

BigKev
18-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Aye but we did the outward journey in the back of a 9 seater taxi-bus with one local sitting on the wheel arch the whole journey, and the taxi-bus driver threw 2 locals off to let us on with our carry out :thumbsup:

I think I might have been in that taxi... with Soupy and Hanley?

Godsahibby
18-07-2010, 06:50 PM
No No No No...Never Never...I know they did previous trip etc...but Always pay by credit card so you have that protection in case anything goes wrong either with them or their suppliers (hotels / flights etc)

Going by the 2% extra you have tp pay by using a Credit Card I would recommend using a Visa Debit Card to pay, same protection without the extra 2% surcharge.

CentreLine
18-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Kev now stays abroad and doubt that he'll be involved, it'll be Stuart and Isabel.

The clue is in the name. ITA = Isabel Thomas Associates. They may be a small company but no company is more committed to Hibs fans IMHO.
No I am not related.

Barney McGrew
19-07-2010, 07:19 AM
As others have already said, the trip to Dnipro in 2005 was very well organised so I'd have no problem recommending using them to anyone who's considering going this time.

cockneymike
19-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Going by the 2% extra you have tp pay by using a Credit Card I would recommend using a Visa Debit Card to pay, same protection without the extra 2% surcharge.

Are you sure that a debit and credit card offer the same guarantee? I don't think that's true.

DC_Hibs
19-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Are you sure that a debit and credit card offer the same guarantee? I don't think that's true.

Note that he said "visa" debit

Kojock
19-07-2010, 10:26 AM

I recently got an RBS VISA debit card, you use it in the same way as your cashline card only difference is as stated you get the same protection as if you were using a credit card. :thumbsup:

cockneymike
19-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Note that he said "visa" debit

I recently got an RBS VISA debit card, you use it in the same way as your cashline card only difference is as stated you get the same protection as if you were using a credit card. :thumbsup:

I sit corrected! :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
19-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Any word on prices for the proposed charter flight yet? TIA

HIBEES 4 LIFE
19-07-2010, 01:21 PM
http://www.itahotels.com/

In case anyone is interested in the reliability of the company!