PDA

View Full Version : Why we are better supporters

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Following the increase to the capacity at ER we are getting a lot of the usual Yam tripe about how they get bigger crowds than us ( fact ) and how this makes them soooo much better than us.

But heres the rub.

Any Yam you talk to will tell you ( boast even ) that there are twice as many Yams out there than Hibbies. Them 50.000 v Barcelona, us 23,000 will be cited as proof of this.

But if thats true and there are say 200,000 Yams and 100,000 of us then it works out roughly like this, doing my best to factor out away supporters.

Hibs average crowd 10,000 = 10% of Hibbies attending Easter Road.

Yams average crowd 14,000 = 7% of Yams attending the stadium of lightbulbs.

The inescapable logic of this is that we are pound for pound better and more loyal supporters than they are.

If any Yam reading this can knock this theory down I will be happy to retract. I will need figures to back this up mind you, as I am only going by what the Yams I know tell me as to the supposed fact that they have 50% more supporters than us.

hibsbollah
17-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Following the increase to the capacity at ER we are getting a lot of the usual Yam tripe about how they get bigger crowds than us ( fact ) and how this makes them soooo much better than us.

But heres the rub.

Any Yam you talk to will tell you ( boast even ) that there are twice as many Yams out there than Hibbies. Them 50.000 v Barcelona, us 23,000 will be cited as proof of this.

But if thats true and there are say 200,000 Yams and 100,000 of us then it works out roughly like this, doing my best to factor out away supporters.

The inescapable logic of this is that we are pound for pound better and more loyal supporters than they are.

If any Yam reading this can knock this theory down I will be happy to retract. I will need figures to back this up mind you, as I am only going by what the Yams I know tell me as to the supposed fact that they have 50% more supporters than us.

I really don't care if they are 'bigger' than us. I suspect they do have more fans than us, so what? The 'size' obsession, as Freud would attest, leads you on the road to madness:yawn:

MontrealHibs
17-07-2010, 10:47 AM
It would have been a better argument if you had looked at attendances. I suspect they near 14.5k and us around 12k with our reduced capacity at the end of the season.

Over the past 10 years on average they are 2000 ahead.

MrSmith
17-07-2010, 10:55 AM
It would have been a better argument if you had looked at attendances. I suspect they near 14.5k and us around 12k with our reduced capacity at the end of the season.

could that be because they give away tickets? kids season book £17, free tickets for some games and...Vlads continual counting of seats from vacant season ticket holders??

degenerated
17-07-2010, 10:57 AM

you can't really trust their attendances though, they count folk that walk past the ground during a match as part of the attendance figure :agree:

gackohibs
17-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I really don't care if they are 'bigger' than us. I suspect they do have more fans than us, so what? The 'size' obsession, as Freud would attest, leads you on the road to madness:yawn:

i think they do but mainly because after the cup win in 98 and the "old firm proven" surplus of glory hunters in scotland, this is the case.

but we are in terms of progress, a much better team. let them think that they are the BIG team cos we all know that we can take a joke and they cant.

GGTTH

MyJo
17-07-2010, 12:01 PM

But heres the rub.

why the guesswork when it comes to the number of fans of each club, by thier own admission Hearts have a fanbase of 400,00 which means that its only actually 3.5% of yams that attend

blairwallace
17-07-2010, 12:18 PM
the ticket give away that they do is obviously going to increase their attendances but who says 100% of these people who get the free tickets are jambos?
we dont give away free tickets but have attendances 2k (or 10k as they say) less than them, if we gave away free tickets (which i think is a good idea tbh) it'll bring in more people for games plus possibly encourage people who have 'received' these tickets in the 'past' to come to a few more games. i want to see hibs do the ticket give away this season and then see whose attendances are better, if they even matter.

Bostonhibby
17-07-2010, 12:26 PM
why the guesswork when it comes to the number of fans of each club, by thier own admission Hearts have a fanbase of 400,00 which means that its only actually 3.5% of yams that attend

Damn, I was under the impression that it was 400,000 who actually attended................no wonder everyone looks at me like I am a Lithuanian banker every time I share this oft quoted statistic.

Chuckie
17-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I think Hibernian are the better supported club, if not the better supported, then certainly the proudest to wear their teams colours.

Anywhere you go in the East of Scotland you will see an army of green and white replica shirts. Little handsome kids everywhere with 'Benji' or 'Riordan' on the back of their top. They're everywhere, on every street.

Sure you get the odd Hearts supporter standing in front of you in the Co-op queue, but he's usually about 43, wearing a fusty 'AllSports' replica top, yellow of tooth, pot bellied, with lank, greasy hair, one gold earring, a matching Hearts cap and bumbag, big white running shoes, denim jeans and denim jacket, drool running down his chin, as he grunts '10 Mayfair pal' at the Checkout Girl. In his basket a Daily Star, frozen chips, packet of hubba bubba, budget toilet paper, a courgette, some baby oil, a Heat magazine, and 6 cans of Mcewans Export.

It's what I see. The rest of them must be hiding or locked in their parents cellar, for this city is Green and White baby.

xxx

Supraninja
17-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Nout wrong with the odd bit of hubba bubba..

.Sean.
17-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I think Hibernian are the better supported club, if not the better supported, then certainly the proudest to wear their teams colours.

Anywhere you go in the East of Scotland you will see an army of green and white replica shirts. Little handsome kids everywhere with 'Benji' or 'Riordan' on the back of their top. They're everywhere, on every street.

Sure you get the odd Hearts supporter standing in front of you in the Co-op queue, but he's usually about 43, wearing a fusty 'AllSports' replica top, yellow of tooth, pot bellied, with lank, greasy hair, one gold earring, a matching Hearts cap and bumbag, big white running shoes, denim jeans and denim jacket, drool running down his chin, as he grunts '10 Mayfair pal' at the Checkout Girl. In his basket a Daily Star, frozen chips, packet of hubba bubba, budget toilet paper, a courgette, some baby oil, a Heat magazine, and 6 cans of Mcewans Export.

It's what I see. The rest of them must be hiding or locked in their parents cellar, for this city is Green and White baby.

xxx
You've been on the X8 bus before haven't you? There's a guy who get's on that nearly every evening who fits that description perfectly!!

Chuckie
17-07-2010, 01:30 PM
You've been on the X8 bus before haven't you? There's a guy who get's on that nearly every evening who fits that description perfectly!!

They're everywhere bro...

I've not been on that bus. I saw my merrick in the coop at Bonnyrigg, a few weeks ago. I forgot to mention that he had a Walkman too. An old portable cassette player !!!!

Hehehehehehe..

Big-Si-1875
17-07-2010, 01:55 PM
The whole Barcelona attendances p*sh really grips my sh^t, When hearts first played Barcelona at Murrayfield it was a novelity and i guarantee half of those in attendance werent Hearts supporters. I remember everyman and his dog wanted to go to that game as it was the mighty Barcelona, hell i even contemplated buying a ticket, and who knows when the opportunity might arise to see a team of that staure in Edinburgh, or even scotland again. Hence the good ticket sales.

To that effect, when a year later it was announced we were to play them at Murrayfield there wasnt the same level of enthusiasm and in turn a smaller attendance.

So these low life yam clowns cant use the wole barca thing as evidence as to who has a bigger fan base its just tit for tat rubbish from a bunch of supporters who are 'green' with envy at our growing stature and secure grounding.

.Sean.
17-07-2010, 02:03 PM

I've not been on that bus. I saw my merrick in the coop at Bonnyrigg, a few weeks ago. I forgot to mention that he had a Walkman too. An old portable cassette player !!!!

Hehehehehehe..
IT'S THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!

I guaruntee he had an old Hamlet bag aye?

.Sean.
17-07-2010, 02:08 PM
The whole Barcelona attendances p*sh really grips my sh^t, When hearts first played Barcelona at Murrayfield it was a novelity and i guarantee half of those in attendance werent Hearts supporters. I remember everyman and his dog wanted to go to that game as it was the mighty Barcelona, hell i even contemplated buying a ticket, and who knows when the opportunity might arise to see a team of that staure in Edinburgh, or even scotland again. Hence the good ticket sales.

To that effect, when a year later it was announced we were to play them at Murrayfield there wasnt the same level of enthusiasm and in turn a smaller attendance.

So these low life yam clowns cant use the wole barca thing as evidence as to who has a bigger fan base its just tit for tat rubbish from a bunch of supporters who are 'green' with envy at our growing stature and secure grounding.
I went to Hibs Middlesbrough that day.

The day Hibs played Barca I didn't go along to watch Barcelona, I went to watch Hibs. Had it been Hibs Elgin i'd still have gone.

I remember Barca were three of four up really early, and the folk around us were clapping. I was fuming and my Motherwell supporing mate beside me was winding me up a beuty. I got out my seat raging, blowing off steam about how Barca were shiiite, and it was a disgrace they were pumping us. Also something along the lines of Messi being crap and Jones should've had him in his back pocket.

I was fuming. It was like somthing out of a comedy show! God knows what the folk around me thought.

Chuckie
17-07-2010, 04:28 PM
OFF!!!!!!! IT'S THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!

I guaruntee he had an old Hamlet bag aye?

No.

The point is we are great and they are rotters who probably leave chewing gum on bus seats and play football around parked cars...

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-07-2010, 05:10 PM
It's a well known fact that despite their constant "sold out" signs for every game they play at the PBS there are hundreds of empty seats in the ground, perhaps the ones with at least some intelligence would like to come on here and explain why that is, seen it with my own eyes and have yam mates who tell me the same......I'm waiting!

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

ionahibby
17-07-2010, 05:46 PM
They may have on average better crowds than us but how many of the yam supporters are actually rangers fans who can't be bothered watching their team in glasgow.

Hearts = Mini huns!

RIP
17-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd rather be in a great Stadium watching class fitba, singing my heart out with like minded Hibbies that sitting bored watching one striker crud with 2,000 more numbskulls

Bigger crowd - that's all they have. On every other aspect - Hibs win hands down!

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Couldn't really care less about thier inane and bizarre "logic" abput crowd sizes. The fact that they have only this to cling onto in thier horrible pathetic lifes only proves further to me that they really are the bottom rung of society.

I have to say i hate them with a passion.....

Reasons.

1/ They refuse to acknowledge the money troubles and gangster in charge humping them senseless, because he delivered a Scottish cup (scraped agaisnt Gretna) at the cost of £30+ mil.

2/ They congregate in what is no more than the remnants of a disused air raid shelter salvaged from thier world war win and class our stadium as second rate.

3/ They are among the ugliest people i have ever had the displeasure of laying eyes on usually happens when your da sleeps with your sister though.

4/ They will contimue to taint society by introducing thier children to thier debt ridden flea infested club

ionahibby
17-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Couldn't really care less about thier inane and bizarre "logic" abput crowd sizes. The fact that they have only this to cling onto in thier horrible pathetic lifes only proves further to me that they really are the bottom rung of society.

Reasons.

1/ They refuse to acknowledge the money troubles and gangster in charge humping them senseless, because he delivered a Scottish cup (scraped agaisnt Gretna) at the cost of £30+ mil.

2/ They congregate in what is no more than the remnants of a disused air raid shelter salvaged from thier world war win and class our stadium as second rate.

3/ They are among the ugliest people i have ever had the displeasure of laying eyes on usually happens when your da sleeps with your sister though.

4/ They will contimue to taint society by introducing thier children to thier debt ridden flea infested club

:agree: ahmen to that

Big Frank
17-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Deluded.

They make up their attendances. Pure and simple.

They have been doing it for years.

A yam in my office thinks they had attendances of 40,000 at the PBS in the 80s. I just dinnae have the heart to tell him he is a simpleton gob******.

ps brothers and sisters, this big club STILL have a WOODEN stand.

:rolleyes:

Nuff said.

WindyMiller
17-07-2010, 06:54 PM

xxx

:top marks

I see them every day of the week.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-07-2010, 07:12 PM

Reasons.

I've never understood why HRH doesn't just donate the park beside Holyrood House to let them build a new stadium there by way of thanks for winning WW1

Smacks of ingratitude to me.

renato
17-07-2010, 07:44 PM
TBF, most of the yams I know poke fun re the attendances as a wind up. I think deep down most of them realise that fanbase-wise it's much of a muchness. They know their attendances are over-inflated and that they give away cheap / free tickets.

They've generally been better placed in the league over the last 25 years and also had an interesting adventure in '86, ergo their fanbase may be slightly bigger than ours at present. The roles were reversed in the 70's and our crowds then confirmed we were the bigger club at the time. Swings and roundabouts.

Both teams have won the league 4 times and they've won the same number of major trophies as us in the last 50 years. Interestingly, our highest ever attendance and highest ever average attendance for a season are both higher than Hearts.

The big team pash is a myth which they peddle to talk down on us and make them feel like a "success". In reality, they're as big a failure as us in that we both should have won a hell of a lot more in our respective histories.

iwasthere1972
17-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Put it this way we are Harvey Nichols and they're Poundstretchers.

Our "shop" has less stock but what we have is quality with superb products whereas theirs is crammed full of sh*t that only peasants would want.

Hail Hail the Hibs are here.

hibsbollah
17-07-2010, 07:53 PM
TBF, most of the yams I know poke fun re the attendances as a wind up. I think deep down most of them realise that fanbase-wise it's much of a muchness. They know their attendances are over-inflated and that they give away cheap / free tickets.

They've generally been better placed in the league over the last 25 years and also had an interesting adventure in '86, ergo their fanbase may be slightly bigger than ours at present. The roles were reversed in the 70's and our crowds then confirmed we were the bigger club at the time. Swings and roundabouts.

Both teams have won the league 4 times and they've won the same number of major trophies as us in the last 50 years. Interestingly, our highest ever attendance and highest ever average attendance for a season are both higher than Hearts.

The big team pash is a myth which they peddle to talk down on us and make them feel like a "success". In reality, they're as big a failure as us in that we both should have won a hell of a lot more in our respective histories.

Thats it in a nutshell:top marks

In world football, the main way of defining relative success is domestic league trophies. We have 4, they have 4.

Bostonhibby
17-07-2010, 07:59 PM

:agree: I know 5 hibbys and 1 neutral for a fact that went to see Barca!

renato
17-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Thats it in a nutshell:top marks

In world football, the main way of defining relative success is domestic league trophies. We have 4, they have 4.

:agree:

And it ain't anything to be proud of, regardless of being blessed with the uglies. 4 league wins in 135 years!

I wish we could be the big team too :agree:

New Corrie
17-07-2010, 08:05 PM

But heres the rub.

I know i'm going to get accused of allsorts yet again, but instead of that long winded deluded bollocks, the easiest Yardstick to use is the Scottish Cup Semi at Hampden where they had substantially more fans than us. Anyway, who gives a??? i've never understood all this "whose got the most fans" pish. Still want them out of business and wish that they had never existed regardless of how many fans they have.

Bostonhibby
17-07-2010, 08:07 PM

Hehehehehehe..

These things were all very fashionable when all the Yams had to do to collect the league title all those years ago was win 1 more game at Dundee, The man is plainly trapped in a time warp where moving on would see him break down completely. leave him alone, he is more to be pitied than scorned. The rest of them think they won it and have dominated the world since :ostrich:

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I know i'm going to get accused of allsorts yet again, but instead of that long winded deluded bollocks, the easiest Yardstick to use is the Scottish Cup Semi at Hampden where they had substantially more fans than us. Anyway, who gives a??? i've never understood all this "whose got the most fans" pish. Still want them out of business and wish that they had never existed regardless of how many fans they have.

I may be missing something, but why do you have a picture of Nick Griffin on here?

New Corrie
17-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I may be missing something, but why do you have a picture of Nick Griffin on here?

On here????? It's there for the racist element in our support,,,,,you know, the "Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee" brigade, and the Hibs fans that took a NF banner to Liege, either that or it's a photoshop attempt at humour, next!!!

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2010, 08:24 PM
On here????? It's there for the racist element in our support,,,,,you know, the "Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee" brigade, and the Hibs fans that took a NF banner to Liege, either that or it's a photoshop attempt at humour, next!!!

attemp at humour.....i see! Montreal Comedy Festival next stop then!

Chuckie
17-07-2010, 09:45 PM

You're an absolute disgrace.

Tell you what, fire in to any pub in Leith and spout your pish, and you'll get laughed at.... If you see me you might get more..

ionahibby
17-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Tell you what, fire in to any pub in Leith and spout your pish, and you'll get laughed at.... If you see me you might get more..

This getting a bit rowdy for me where is that bouncer............... :greengrin

MSK
17-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Any chance of giving it a rest guys ..?...:yawn:

green leaves
17-07-2010, 10:29 PM
**** me,another thread about the yams/who's bigger/better/yam debt etc .

Theres more hibs content on brokeback.

monktonharp
17-07-2010, 11:01 PM
On here????? It's there for the racist element in our support,,,,,you know, the "Rudi Skacel is a ****ing refugee" brigade, and the Hibs fans that took a NF banner to Liege, either that or it's a photoshop attempt at humour, next!!!Sorry,Corrie...............you dinnae dae humour.:yawn:

Pete
17-07-2010, 11:09 PM

Their end wasn't exactly full either...something that they seem to conveniently forget.
They might well have more fans there but our policy of allowing only one ticket per ST didn't help that day. Neither did the fact that our team was decimated and we all knew we were going to lose.

I wouldn't use that game as a yardstick at all.

Hibbyradge
17-07-2010, 11:14 PM

xxx

What a loady pash.

A courgette, FFS?

Pete
17-07-2010, 11:17 PM
What a loady pash.

A courgette, FFS?

A courgette, some baby oil and heat magazine.

I bet he had some night.

iwasthere1972
17-07-2010, 11:19 PM
A courgette, some baby oil and heat magazine.

I bet he had some night.

Don't forget the 10 Mayfairs.

Ringothedog
17-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Don't forget the 10 Mayfairs.

I prefer "readers wives" myself :wink:

Ringothedog
17-07-2010, 11:54 PM

They sold about 4000 more than us, the crowd was 44000..not even a full house. I was disappointed with our support but the way we sold tickets, our form at that time, injuries etc did not help. They were ****in flying and expected to beat us yet still couldnt sell out.BIG TEAM MA ERSE!!

Ernie Cobra
18-07-2010, 07:42 AM

he's in "Hunger city".......must be a weege! :agree:

New Corrie
18-07-2010, 08:02 AM

WTF:confused: threats of violence for what exactly????

MSK
18-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Some folk really need tae grow up & step away from the keyboard, pathetic stuff guys !!

Thread closed..