PDA

View Full Version : Hertz are the team to catch this season

sunshine1875
17-07-2010, 08:54 AM
So says the Scotsman's pet Yams, Kiwidoug and Hammy1874.

Read on and laugh!

kiwidoug, lower Hutt 17/07/2010 07:59:39
Hammy. I can't help feeling that the season ahead offers a golden opportunity for Hearts to win the SPL.

Rangers and Celtic are bleeding their best players. Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen are standing still and might even finishing up going backwards by the end of the transfer window.

Hearts are the only progressive club in the SPL. Hibs failed their first test of the season in spectacular fashion.

Not prepared to make any firm predictions yet but it all looks very encouraging.

hammy1874, 17/07/2010 08:13:54
Kiwi, I have to agree with you.
Doubtless less intelligent posters than you and I, people like Brother Wolf (he's gay you know) and Abe, Pat Stanton etc will disagree, but I believe Hearts will be the team of the season.
The OF are not good, especially Rangers, who are turning into another Hibs, selling all of their players.
Celtic have a rookie unbalanced manager, United have lost Levein, Motherwell have lost a few players, and Hibs will do well to stay above the relegation spot.
It's a shame for Hibs actually, as, the have this shiny new stand that quite probably will not be required to be opened, given that they had crowds of 9,000 the year they had such a glorious Scottish Cup run.
They look like the team that will falter the most.... their hopes lie on a young untried reserve centre half, and an aging Dutch second division player. I cant understand the signing of the Dutch chap, as, at his age, he will NOT put up with the towel treatment from Yogi.
Hearts on the other hand have made two fabulous signings, full Scottish internationals, and will probably have a couple more before the first game.
We have an astute manager, a master tactician, and the benefit of a raucous and loyal support, who fill out the stadium.
You are right Kiwi, Hearts are the team to catch this season.

sahib
17-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I hate to admit it but their argument is persuasive. I must be easily led. Well no point in going to any games. It is all cut and dried.:wink:

Bostonhibby
17-07-2010, 09:12 AM
:bitchy: I'm not catching them, but if I do, I think you can get ointment for it.

Phil D. Rolls
17-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I like the cut of that fellow's jib Smithers.

http://www.reload.ws/blog/burns.jpg

cheltenhamhibee
17-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Read on and laugh!

Hammy. I can't help feeling that the season ahead offers a golden opportunity for Hearts to win the SPL.

Rangers and Celtic are bleeding their best players. Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen are standing still and might even finishing up going backwards by the end of the transfer window.

Hearts are the only progressive club in the SPL. Hibs failed their first test of the season in spectacular fashion.

Not prepared to make any firm predictions yet but it all looks very encouraging.

Doubtless less intelligent posters than you and I, people like Brother Wolf (he's gay you know) and Abe, Pat Stanton etc will disagree, but I believe Hearts will be the team of the season.
The OF are not good, especially Rangers, who are turning into another Hibs, selling all of their players.
Celtic have a rookie unbalanced manager, United have lost Levein, Motherwell have lost a few players, and Hibs will do well to stay above the relegation spot.
It's a shame for Hibs actually, as, the have this shiny new stand that quite probably will not be required to be opened, given that they had crowds of 9,000 the year they had such a glorious Scottish Cup run.
They look like the team that will falter the most.... their hopes lie on a young untried reserve centre half, and an aging Dutch second division player. I cant understand the signing of the Dutch chap, as, at his age, he will NOT put up with the towel treatment from Yogi.
Hearts on the other hand have made two fabulous signings, full Scottish internationals, and will probably have a couple more before the first game.
We have an astute manager, a master tactician, and the benefit of a raucous and loyal support, who fill out the stadium.

its no difficult to see why folk think the yams are deluded, what a pair of phannies

CB_NO3
17-07-2010, 09:27 AM
To be fair, i think these guys are at the wind up.

Phil D. Rolls
17-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm just so sad as we are going to be laughing stocks for building a nice new stand. :boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
17-07-2010, 09:36 AM
You have to admire their optomism.

This based on the signing of a forward who had a decent half season at Killie and so must be a certainty for 20 goals next season and a crocked winger, the beginning of who's headlines before every match reads ' Driver hopes to be fit for'

Having said that I think the laddie Wallace is decent and I would like to see a proper club come in for him so he can improve.

Anyway, its going to be a blast for the Yams next season, according to fat Jim he is going to play Kyle and that lanky lad Abua ( or however you spell it ) up front. Should make for the passing team they all want to see.

Hoooooooof

:greengrin

Aldo
17-07-2010, 09:42 AM
So we are relegation fodder and they are world beaters cos they have signed Barr and Kyle.
Heads in the sand syndrome again me thinks.

Let them think what they want. We got beat last night...dont like my team getting beat but for me its about fitness....match fitness and setting ourselves up for the 29th when it all begins.

I still think however that we need another couple of players.

pogo
17-07-2010, 10:26 AM
The really bizarre thing about Kiwidoug, is that in all the time I've known him he's never been to a Hearts match. Add to this he left Edinburgh almost 20 years ago for Ireland, followed by NZ. He also followed Meadowbank Thistle, and was actually one of the founder members of the Break (Brake?) Club, to stop Meadowbank moving to Livi! Once they did move he followed them from afar whist they were in the SPL. As soon as they dropped his allegiance has switched! He allegedly had a trial with Meadowbank when he was younger, this being the basis of his experience as a professional footballer, which he throws in to his posts on occasion!:bye:

In other words, a total wind-up merchant!

Moulin Yarns
17-07-2010, 10:59 AM
its no difficult to see why folk think the yams are deluded, what a pair of phannies

And on an article about Hibs of course.

I look at their posts and can't help but wonder where their carers are when they are online. There was another one that I can't be bothered looking for who said Hearts were more successful because the made the UEFA cup group stages (after falling out of the Champions League) but couldn't get his head around the FACT when pointed out that we had made it the the European Cup Semi Final in the first year of competition. He reckoned it wasn't valid as we were invited to take part!!! WTF :grr:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-07-2010, 11:09 AM
The really bizarre thing about Kiwidoug, is that in all the time I've known him he's never been to a Hearts match. Add to this he left Edinburgh almost 20 years ago for Ireland, followed by NZ. He also followed Meadowbank Thistle, and was actually one of the founder members of the Break (Brake?) Club, to stop Meadowbank moving to Livi! Once they did move he followed them from afar whist they were in the SPL. As soon as they dropped his allegiance has switched! He allegedly had a trial with Meadowbank when he was younger, this being the basis of his experience as a professional footballer, which he throws in to his posts on occasion!:bye:

In other words, a total wind-up merchant!
Was it not meadowbank broke club and I'm being serious

pogo
17-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Was it not meadowbank broke club and I'm being serious

No, checked it out and found an old article from the Scotsman about plans to redevelop Meadowbank Stadium, and the Meadowbank Brake Club gets a mention. As do celebrity fans John Peel, and Rick Wakeman, having a pint in the Golden Gates, whilst reading AWOL!

IWasThere2016
17-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Pair of plums! :agree:

matty_f
17-07-2010, 11:52 AM

Read on and laugh!

Why anyone bothers with the Scotsman forums is beyond me. If I wanted the opinion of a 4 year old, I'd ask my daughter.

Hank Schrader
17-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Kiwidoug is a bigger erse than a thousand bums. An utter scrotum.

I have stopped taking anything he says on that website seriously as he clearly has issues with the real world.

Hamish
17-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Correct. I gave up reading them, as I did the Scotsman itself, some time ago. Some absolute:trumpet:s on there

cockneymike
17-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Admins please shut this thread down.

Those jambos are just on the wind up, and any Hibbies that think they're serious are more deluded than the original posts suggest the Yams are. They're purely looking for a reaction, and now they've got this thread to prove they got one.

Sometimes I despair of my fellow Hibbies! :grr:

blairwallace
17-07-2010, 12:07 PM
can this thread be a stickie, could offer good laughs at the end of the season? :thumbsup:

Chuckie
17-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Those jambos are just on the wind up, and any Hibbies that think they're serious are more deluded than the original posts suggest the Yams are. They're purely looking for a reaction, and now they've got this thread to prove they got one.

Correct.

Could the mug who posted this swill delete it please?

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't get it...Breda are in the Eredivisie and he's only 30...Kevin Kyle's 29 and has scored 39 goals in 10 years...that's 3.9 goals per year...

RickyS
17-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't get it...Breda are in the Eredivisie and he's only 30...Kevin Kyle's 29 and has scored 39 goals in 10 years...that's 3.9 goals per year...

aye, but that was before he signed for the CL winners in waiting, and as a Yam mate explained to me, with the service he will get from Driver and Thomson he is a stick on for 20+. in fact he has given me a £20 bet that he will out score Deeks this season. he may be a mate but at times he oozes Yam Trumpetness:bye:

sunshine1875
17-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Correct.

Could the mug who posted this swill delete it please?

"mug":grr:

mjhibby
17-07-2010, 03:36 PM
So we are relegation fodder and they are world beaters cos they have signed Barr and Kyle.
Heads in the sand syndrome again me thinks.

Let them think what they want. We got beat last night...dont like my team getting beat but for me its about fitness....match fitness and setting ourselves up for the 29th when it all begins.

I still think however that we need another couple of players.

So we play the team that finished 6th in the dutch league whose national team just got to the world cup final and with half a team got beat 3-0 while the team of the forthcoming season played a local select and won 2-1 in italy.Whos kidding who.Credit to yogi for playing tough teams but surely against that side he should have had as close to the full team out(bamba and riordan aside)Still it will ensure nobody gets carried away with beating 1st division sides 4-0.Of course their game was all about fitness and ours was a disaster losing to such a weak team as a selct team from italy is obviously far superior to the team we played.You gotta laugh at them.oh yes we do frequently.

YehButNoBut
17-07-2010, 03:52 PM
No, checked it out and found an old article from the Scotsman about plans to redevelop Meadowbank Stadium, and the Meadowbank Brake Club gets a mention. As do celebrity fans John Peel, and Rick Wakeman, having a pint in the Golden Gates, whilst reading AWOL!

Remember talking to John Peel in the Golden Gates, must have been around 30 years ago.

Very friendly & down To earth chap, sorely missed. :agree:

ScottB
17-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Funny how when we signed players from a team that finished 11th, we were laughed at for picking up players who we clearly rubbish, yet now Hearts pick up 1 player from the 11th club and one from a team that is relegated and they are 'fantastic.'

I'm mystified as to why Hearts fans think they are much stronger, an improved forward line I suppose, but that wasn't hard. Is Barr better than Goncalves? I wouldn't say so, and they've lost Stewart and co on top of that and are touting Driver to anybody that will listen.

They'll probably be a bit better than last year through having FJK for the whole year (assuming Romanov doesn't get any ideas) but I can''t see them storming up the league.

At this point I think it will be us and United fighting for third, then it's going to be very, very tight between Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hearts, St Johnstone et all.

Also, we beat Dunfermline and QoS 4 nil and friendlees are 'meaningless' we then lose against damn good opposition and suddenly we are 'relegation fodder' when are the Yams in action? Playing anyone we can use to judge them in similar ways I wonder?

CRAZYHIBBY
17-07-2010, 06:03 PM
that hammy is a complete twat:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
17-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Remember talking to John Peel in the Golden Gates, must have been around 30 years ago.

Very friendly & down To earth chap, sorely missed. :agree:

If you remember being in the Golden Gates you weren't there.:greengrin

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2010, 06:59 PM
If we do catch "hertz", can you rid yourself of them with dettol and a wire brush or is it a course of antibiotics and the umbarella treatment?:confused:

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2010, 07:01 PM

hibby spurs i presume