PDA

View Full Version : Football Years

God Petrie
16-07-2010, 08:44 PM
What is this pish on STV? Why do they cover the SPL season as if there are only two clubs in the country.

Absolute weegie crap. Keith Jackson has to be the most vile little weegie rat I've ever seen and I've been to Ibrox and Parkhead countless times.

Onceinawhile
16-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Old firm years.

It's a repeat.

Look out for :

Rangers getting to the Uefa Cup Final (and getting pumped)

Celtic getting to the Uefa Cup Final (and getting pumped)

But...

not Aberdeen winning trophies in Europe. Nah, none of that pish.

iwasthere1972
16-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Old firm years.

It's a repeat.

Look out for :

But...

I wouldn't object if at some time in the near future they were screening Celtic winning the league in 1986. I dare say I might even watch it.

monktonharp
16-07-2010, 10:44 PM
What is this pish on STV? Why do they cover the SPL season as if there are only two clubs in the country.

Absolute weegie crap. Keith Jackson has to be the most vile little weegie rat I've ever seen and I've been to Ibrox and Parkhead countless times.that's why I DINNAE WATCH IT. could not bring myself to listen to these morons,who think there are only 2 teams,one side o' the fence................or the other.the current STV commentator,Ramman whatever his second name is,falls nicely into that bracket,a total tube o' a man,wi' a suit on !:grr:

iwasthere1972
16-07-2010, 10:45 PM
that's why I DINNAE WATCH IT. could not bring myself to listen to these morons,who think there are only 2 teams,one side o' the fence................or the other.the current STV commentator,Ramman whatever his second name is,falls nicely into that bracket,a total tube o' a man,wi' a suit on !:grr:

I was waiting on you having a rant. :agree:

bingo70
16-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Old firm years.

It's a repeat.

Look out for :

But...

not one for sticking up for the old firm but the football years did a programme on hibs the year we won the SKOL cup and one on the year Aberdeen winning their european trophy (sorry, forget if its the cup winners cup or the UEFA cup they won)

Calvin
16-07-2010, 11:04 PM
not one for sticking up for the old firm but the football years did a programme on hibs the year we won the SKOL cup and one on the year Aberdeen winning their european trophy (sorry, forget if its the cup winners cup or the UEFA cup they won)

The BBC's 'That was the team that was', a whole lot better than this STV crap.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 11:06 PM
The BBC's 'That was the team that was', a whole lot better than this STV crap.

Fair enough, i stand corrected, apologies

STV ***** :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
17-07-2010, 10:32 AM
But...

Next week for that one according to the info button on Sky.

Hamish
17-07-2010, 11:57 AM
that's why I DINNAE WATCH IT. could not bring myself to listen to these morons,who think there are only 2 teams,one side o' the fence................or the other.the current STV commentator,Ramman whatever his second name is,falls nicely into that bracket,a total tube o' a man,wi' a suit on !:grr:

Raman Bhardwaj is the gentlemans name I believe.:greengrin

sesoim
17-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Raman Bhardwaj is the gentlemans name I believe.:greengrin

I wonder if Scotland Today can explain why they split in two for local news stories, but then go back to Glasgow for the "Sports News", ie what Celtic and Rangers are getting up to? The North and the Borders get their own News and Sports, so why do we have to "share" sports news with that lot?

Killiehibbie
17-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I wonder if Scotland Today can explain why they split in two for local news stories, but then go back to Glasgow for the "Sports News", ie what Celtic and Rangers are getting up to? The North and the Borders get their own News and Sports, so why do we have to "share" sports news with that lot?
Just to let us know we support a wee team from a provisional town and are of no interest to the big boys of the world.

truehibernian
17-07-2010, 01:08 PM
To be honest, as a Hibs fan but also a football fan, these programmes are quite good to watch. Last night you could see a few things which for me are crucial for a winning team. The look in Lennon's eyes when he was talking about winning and more importantly losing to the Old Firm rival.........its that look that each and every Hibs player should have in the tunnel and throughout the games v Hearts. The devilment and quiet "assassin like" stare Souness had when explaining the lead up to the Celtic game in Europe. The methodical and meticulous way Alex McLeish manages. And the way Martin O'Neill inspires every player, young and old, to great things. The Old Firm's players for me are not in any way a problem. It is their odious fans (in general) that for me cause all the antagonism. I actually thought Barry Ferguson came across well (although I had seen this episode before and I think this was before the Scotland incident).

Moody Mulder
18-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Just to let us know we support a wee team from a provisional town and are of no interest to the big boys of the world.

Im sure you mean provincial which is not a term that can be labelled at hibs or hearts, the old infirm however are 2 provincial city teams !!!

Killiehibbie
18-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Im sure you mean provincial which is not a term that can be labelled at hibs or hearts, the old infirm however are 2 provincial city teams !!!Not in their minds but you are correct.

Joe Baker II
19-07-2010, 04:06 PM
To be honest, as a Hibs fan but also a football fan, these programmes are quite good to watch. Last night you could see a few things which for me are crucial for a winning team. The look in Lennon's eyes when he was talking about winning and more importantly losing to the Old Firm rival.........its that look that each and every Hibs player should have in the tunnel and throughout the games v Hearts. The devilment and quiet "assassin like" stare Souness had when explaining the lead up to the Celtic game in Europe. The methodical and meticulous way Alex McLeish manages. And the way Martin O'Neill inspires every player, young and old, to great things. The Old Firm's players for me are not in any way a problem. It is their odious fans (in general) that for me cause all the antagonism. I actually thought Barry Ferguson came across well (although I had seen this episode before and I think this was before the Scotland incident).

Football years was excellent, not saying much admittedly but one of STV's best productions in recent years.

Like it or not, Hibs have been relatively unsuccessful club in last 35 years and will not feature as much as Of, I accept 2003 was one of the more Old Firm weighted programmes (as reflected by league tables that year it was peak of their dominance) but does not mean it was of no interest

Betty Boop
23-07-2010, 08:59 PM
A wee bit about Hibs on tonight. Mainly about George Best signing and the crowds he drew to watch him. I didn't know he had a punch up with Willie Miller. :greengrin Pat Stanton was on also.

lapsedhibee
23-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't object if at some time in the near future they were screening Celtic winning the league in 1986. I dare say I might even watch it.

Wasn't much fun on tonight's programme watching Fergie and Pat Stanton:shocked:'s team winning the league at ER in 1980. Apparently Celtc only had to beat St Mirren on the last day of the season at Love St to deny the Sheepies and take the title, but St Mirren held them to a draw.

Says a lot for St Mirren that though they themselves had nothing to play for in the end-of-season game, they gave a thoroughly professional performance against Celtc. Always had a soft spot for St Mirren because of that. :agree:

Billy Whizz
24-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Says a lot for St Mirren that though they themselves had nothing to play for in the end-of-season game, they gave a thoroughly professional performance against Celtc. Always had a soft spot for St Mirren because of that. :agree:
Did Celtic a turn a few years later though on the infamous 'Albert Kidd' day!