PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McCann loaned to Inverness

sunshine1875
16-07-2010, 05:42 PM
On loan to ICT until January 2011.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Hopefully he gets his fitness back, i'd imagine its make or break time for Kevin.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 05:47 PM

Good stuff, should be a good chance for him.

Wonder if this is the pack being shuffled :greengrin

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Watch he'll score for them against us in a humiliating defeat up there.:rolleyes:

Or will he not be allowed to play against us?

col02
16-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Good stuff, should be a good chance for him.

Wonder if this is the pack being shuffled :greengrin

That should see a chance of Gow coming back now!:greengrin

LancashireHibby
16-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Watch he'll score for them against us in a humiliating defeat up there.:rolleyes:

I'd like to think there would be a clause that he can't play in any fixtures against us.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Hopefully he gets his fitness back, i'd imagine its make or break time for Kevin.

TBH i don't think he'll ever make it for us, i just don't think he's got the pace required for getting his game for a team that wants to be competing for 3rd place but he's more than good enough to become a good solid SPL player for one of the teams at the lower end of the SPL.

Glasgow Hibee
16-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Hope this is just temporary and not with a view to him moving on. Thought he had a great future before his run of injuries.

Still if he can get a regular game there and stay fit, hopefully he will come back and compete for a place.

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 06:00 PM
TBH i don't think he'll ever make it for us, i just don't think he's got the pace required for getting his game for a team that wants to be competing for 3rd place but he's more than good enough to become a good solid SPL player for one of the teams at the lower end of the SPL.

I think he's more than capable and thought he was better than Stevenson up until his injury problems. Maybe he's lacked pace in more recent times just cause he's played that rarely.

TornadoHibby
16-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Hope this is just temporary and not with a view to him moving on. Thought he had a great future before his run of injuries.

Still if he can get a regular game there and stay fit, hopefully he will come back and compete for a place.

Agreed, thought that Kevin was beginning to look the part at RB until his injury problems started! :agree:

bingo70
16-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I think he's more than capable and thought he was better than Stevenson up until his injury problems. Maybe he's lacked pace in more recent times just cause he's played that rarely.

He always lacked pace, absolutely terrific tackler and good ability on the ball i just don't think he offers enough going forward and unfortunately for him thats an imortant attribute for a full back in a team that wants to be competing at the top end of the table.

At a team like ICT where the emphasis will be purely on defending i think he'll do really well though.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Perhaps he might be able to do a job for us at centre half.

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 06:15 PM
He always lacked pace, absolutely terrific tackler and good ability on the ball i just don't think he offers enough going forward and unfortunately for him thats an imortant attribute for a full back in a team that wants to be competing at the top end of the table.

At a team like ICT where the emphasis will be purely on defending i think he'll do really well though.

I agree with that, but am i not right in thinking that he's played in the defensive midfield role for us sometimes?

I'm sure he played there against Rangers at ER in a 3-3 draw and he scored a raker.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I agree with that, but am i not right in thinking that he's played in the defensive midfield role for us sometimes?

I'm sure he played there against Rangers at ER in a 3-3 draw and he scored a raker.

He did, played quite well and as you say scored a raker there, however there's no way that's his best position or the answer to our midfield problems.

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 06:20 PM
He did, played quite well and as you say scored a raker there, however there's no way that's his best position or the answer to our midfield problems.

Yep we do have better there already but in terms of him lacking pace, playing him centre midfield could always been an option but like you say it still isn't his best position.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 06:21 PM

I think the problem he has is, we have seen very little of him to make any real judgment on how good, or what his best position is. He was a kid when he broke in to the side, and has been injured for so long, he's like a new player. I hope he goes up there, does very well, and comes back fit and ready to fight for a place at easter road.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I think the problem he has is, we have seen very little of him to make any real judgment on how good, or what his best position is. He was a kid when he broke in to the side, and has been injured for so long, he's like a new player. I hope he goes up there, does very well, and comes back fit and ready to fight for a place at easter road.

Agree with the bit in bold, disagree with your other point though, i think i've seen enough of him, as a youngster or not, to make a judgement on his best position.

He's clearly too small for midfield :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Agree with the bit in bold, disagree with your other point though, i think i've seen enough of him, as a youngster or not, to make a judgement on his best position.

He's clearly too small for midfield :greengrin

I hope you are wrong, although imho when he played he always did ok. And we have to remember he was only a kid. He's missed such a long time, and perhaps his chance has passed. I hope its not, and he comes back better than ever, even though he's a midget.:wink:

Spike Mandela
16-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Disappointed. I take it if Hart gets injured we lose Wotherspoon from midfield again.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Disappointed. I take it if Hart gets injured we lose Wotherspoon from midfield again.

Thicot did a steady enough job there when needed, clearly not his natural position but i'm ok with him being back up.

I think at this stage in Mccans career he needs to be playing first team football, it wouldn't be fair on him to have him on the bench every week, it also wouldn't tell us how well he's recovered from his injury, a loan move is the best option for all concerned IMO

.Sean.
16-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Perhaps he might be able to do a job for us at centre half.
Howdy JC, how's things!?

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone think we would have been better off keeping McCormack as back-up?

jonny
16-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone think we would have been better off keeping McCormack as back-up?
:wtf: No way. I didnt rate McCormack and his behaviour (on several noted occassions)showed him up for his complete lack of professionalism.

Hopefully McCann can get himself fit - he'll be decent cover for Hart.

seanraff07
16-07-2010, 07:19 PM
:wtf: No way. I didnt rate McCormack and his behaviour (on several noted occassions)showed him up for his complete lack of professionalism.

Hopefully McCann can get himself fit - he'll be decent cover for Hart.

Fair enough off the pitch McCormack acted like a daft wee laddie.

But on the pitch, i think he would have been a valuable player next season if we still had him..

I don't particularly want Wotherspoon to be stuck in his less preferable position again next season if Hart gets injured.

And i don't think Thicot has any ambition on the ball or the pace at RB, much better suited as a CB.

silverhibee
16-07-2010, 07:26 PM

Think there will be a couple more being loaned out this season.

sahib
16-07-2010, 07:28 PM

We signed one of their fringe players and he is a regular for us.

bingo70
16-07-2010, 07:35 PM
We signed one of their fringe players and he is a regular for us.

Pressume your talking about Rankin?

He was a regular with ICT, they are a different team now compared to what they were then, back then they were an established SPL side that was trying to compete to get into the top 6 and i think there's a difference between whats expected of a calley full back than whats expected of a full back for the likes of hibs, dundee utd or dare i say it hearts.

Jonnyboy
16-07-2010, 07:48 PM

We've seen more of him than some of our rumoured targets who get pelters on here before they've even signed :greengrin

Luna_Asylum
16-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Fair enough off the pitch McCormack acted like a daft wee laddie.

But on the pitch, i think he would have been a valuable player next season if we still had him..

I don't particularly want Wotherspoon to be stuck in his less preferable position again next season if Hart gets injured.

And i don't think Thicot has any ambition on the ball or the pace at RB, much better suited as a CB.

he was £$%^ing useless - get over it

The Silver Fox
16-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Not a bad move for Kevin McCann. He is a decent player and should grab this opportunity with both hands. This will give him experience that he probably would not have received at Hibs as he is down the pecking order.

We may get back a much stronger player at the end of his loan spell who is well capable of holding his own in the Hibs team.

marinello59
16-07-2010, 08:02 PM
he was £$%^ing useless - get over it

You can't argue with that sort of razor sharp analysis.

houston1875
16-07-2010, 08:12 PM

Don't think he'll be able to play against us?

Luna_Asylum
16-07-2010, 08:17 PM
You can't argue with that sort of razor sharp analysis.

so whats your opinion

.Sean.
16-07-2010, 08:32 PM
so whats your opinion
McCormack is young and made some daft mistakes which i'm sure he will totally regret now. Laddies make mistakes, i'm young and i've made a fair few myself - it's what young guys do. Give him a break.

A young boy who never quite made it. Nae need to revel in it.

Luna_Asylum
16-07-2010, 08:40 PM
McCormack is young and made some daft mistakes which i'm sure he will totally regret now. Laddies make mistakes, i'm young and i've made a fair few myself - it's what young guys do. Give him a break.

A young boy who never quite made it. Nae need to revel in it.

wasn't reveling in anything - fwiw I am also sorry he never made it
the fact he did not make it at hibs was IMHO nothing to do with mistakes of a young laddie just that he was useless - sorry if you disagree

Jones28
16-07-2010, 08:56 PM

Defo just a test for him, to see if he can keep his fitness up etc.

If he can do he'll be in with a shout when he comes back, he was an excellent player for us when fully fit. :agree:

monktonharp
16-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm not shocked but surprised about this situation for young McCann. thought that he would make a breakthrough sometime this season but it looks like he's going backwards. only my opinion mind.

hibee92
17-07-2010, 12:11 AM
wasn't reveling in anything - fwiw I am also sorry he never made it
the fact he did not make it at hibs was IMHO nothing to do with mistakes of a young laddie just that he was useless - sorry if you disagree

i disagree.

Leith Green
17-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Two things spring into my mind when I think of kevin mccann, firstly tynecastle away 1st game 07/08, he was immense my man of the match that day, secondly tannadice latter stages of the same season when he had a total nightmare. For me mccann suffered the same fate as stevenson, he was over played and should have been dropped long before his performances dropped to that level, you could see that their confidence was non existent at the time as hibs were on an awful run, collins gave thse players their chance but also helped to ruin them by throwing them in time and again, also wonder wether mccanns injury problems stem from this?