PDA

View Full Version : Half Urgent Arnhem

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2010, 10:32 AM
For everyone going to Arnhem please be aware that from sunday morning 25 July there will be no trains for a whole month.
There will be buses available, so try to make alternative arrangements for travel in advance.

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2010, 10:39 AM
could someone post this on the Bounce please, as from my work I dont have access for some reason

DC_Hibs
16-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll post it there - thanks for update.

Think two mates are going back to Amsterdam on Sunday so will be affected.
All the others are returning from Weeze and going by taxi from Arnhem.

Lix
16-07-2010, 11:04 AM
We are travelling back to Amsterdam on the Sunday and were planning on going by train ...

Where did you see the info?

I've just checked the dutch rail website and it looks like trains are running but you have to change ... http://www.ns.nl/reisplanner-v2/index.shtml :confused:

if that's the case, it's not too much hassle :cool2:

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7184111/__Arnhem_maand_zonder_trein__.html?sn=binnenland

sorry it is in Dutch. They have put in buses in place of trains on most lines.

If I have unneccesseraly caused confusion I apologise.

Hibee87
16-07-2010, 11:14 AM
were heading back on the sat after the game to the dam, whos all going to arnhem and whos all goign to the dam?

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I will be heading for Arnhem.

Lix
16-07-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/7184111/__Arnhem_maand_zonder_trein__.html?sn=binnenland

sorry it is in Dutch. They have put in buses in place of trains on most lines.

If I have unneccesseraly caused confusion I apologise.

Thanks - from closer inspection we have to take a bus then get the train, but it doesn't look like the journey is that much longer.

Cheers!

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Its me Im a panic freak, when I see things like this.

Prof. Shaggy
16-07-2010, 11:35 AM
For everyone going to Arnhem please be aware that from sunday morning 25 July there will be no trains for a whole month.
There will be buses available, so try to make alternative arrangements for travel in advance.

Parachute?

Iggy Pope
16-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll post it there - thanks for update.

Think two mates are going back to Amsterdam on Sunday so will be affected.
All the others are returning from Weeze and going by taxi from Arnhem.

There are regular buses to and from Weeze, so a taxi might be pushing it a bit - save yer Euros for Slovenia / Hungary...

And the bus service worked OK for the Essen game although it was 5 years ago now.....

www.airport-weeze.de

DC_Hibs
16-07-2010, 01:39 PM
There are regular buses to and from Weeze, so a taxi might be pushing it a bit - save yer Euros for Slovenia / Hungary...

And the bus service worked OK for the Essen game although it was 5 years ago now.....

www.airport-weeze.de

8 seater joe each way worked out cheaper for them than the airport minibus.... and guaranteed a seat.
Went from Weeze to Duisburg this year and you're lucky to get 10 in those minibuses so might be worth contacting them if you reckon there will be a fair few going same route.

Edit - I was on flight back after Essen and recall it being a coach to airport. Arnhem bus states its a small one which I reckon will be minibus size that I was on earlier this year - whole host of minibuses in coach park.

Jonnyboy
16-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I will be heading for Arnhem.

As will I Phil but will be looking to travel from there on Sunday to Dusseldorf (Weeze) so sam hoping there will be a bus?