PDA

View Full Version : City Couples Honeymoon Tragedy

Chuckie
15-07-2010, 03:21 PM
In tonights Evening News there is a heartbreaking story, about a wonderful local man and his wife.

I'd just like to bring it peoples attentions as there is a fund set up on behalf of the family.

John Tams is a top man, that I cannot speak highly enough of.
He used to play in Edinburgh band Starsky, and is a keen Hearts supporter.

So for anyone that knows him or cares.

Fund - http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/realmaroon/club_news.pl?news=376901

Story - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/City-couple39s-honeymoon-horror.6421094.jp

Cheers.

hibbybrian
15-07-2010, 04:10 PM
tragic event - twice tried to contact them via the link on the site but won't accept the code - will try again tomorrow

RosscoHMFC
15-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Thanks very much for posting this Chuckie. As you said he was part of the excellent Starsky and a top footballer with Real Maroon and Duddingston Athletic. Most of all he is a top top bloke. His recovery from this has been amazing. It really didnt look good last weekend. The very latest I have is that the doctors expect him to be out of intensive care within the next 2-3 weeks and into a regular ward. Its amazing to say that a full recovery is expected.

Chuckie
15-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks very much for posting this Chuckie. As you said he was part of the excellent Starsky and a top footballer with Real Maroon and Duddingston Athletic. Most of all he is a top top bloke. His recovery from this has been amazing. It really didnt look good last weekend. The very latest I have is that the doctors expect him to be out of intensive care within the next 2-3 weeks and into a regular ward. Its amazing to say that a full recovery is expected.

Wonderful news Rossco.

I went to school with John, and used to go and see Starsky back in the day.

Lost touch a few years back, and was brought to tears when I read this today. He's truly one of lifes good guys, with a big handsome smile that would melt ice.

Keep us informed.

Spike Mandela
15-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Read this story today. I also had my honeymoon in Sorrento and I have a vivid memory of everybody driving like bloody lunatics on the road, mental!!

Hope the guy and his wife make a full recovery.

Chuckie
16-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Johns progress is good.

He is out of his coma, and his memory is slowly coming back.

Doctors say that he may be able to come home to a hospital in this country next week.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Great news.

The Harp
16-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Hope John and his new bride make a full and speedy recovery. Was speaking to a girl tonight who knows John - from what she was saying he seems to be a good guy. Fitba rivalry goes out the window on occasions like this.