PDA

View Full Version : Wee Teams Pre-season fixtures

big-mo
15-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have a full list of the other pre-season fixtures for the U19 etc. I am also looking for kick-off times, as normal nothing on the offical site.

From what I have heard we are due to play -

Walsal at East Mains, (maybe today)
Edinburgh Uni - away 22nd
Liverpool - EM 25th
Newcastle - EM 2nd
Preston Athletic- away 7th

We are also due to play Duns but not sure when.

marinello59
15-07-2010, 03:26 PM
There's a Hibernian 16's team playing all next week in the Aberdeen International Football festival.
Monday 19th at 10.30 v Cornhill Boys Club
Tuesday 20th at 1pm v Motherwell
Wednesday 21st at 4.15 v Peterhead
Semi finals, consolation play offs and Final played from Thursday to Saturday. All games at Balgownie except the final which is at Aberdeen Sports Village. Celtic, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Birmingham City all have teams entered as well.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Sorry I thought this was a thread about the Yams :wink:

marinello59
15-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry I thought this was a thread about the Yams :wink:

Then surely it would have been headed, 'The Gigantic Teams Pre-Season Fixtures'

berwickhibee
15-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have a full list of the other pre-season fixtures for the U19 etc. I am also looking for kick-off times, as normal nothing on the offical site.

Liverpool - EM 25th
Newcastle - EM 2nd

duns game has been moved date.

It is now taking place on thursday august 12th,6 45 ko. At gavinton.

Winston Ingram
15-07-2010, 04:37 PM
A team are playing Craigroyston on the 21st at St. Marks

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Then surely it would have been headed, 'The Gigantic Teams Pre-Season Fixtures'

We're going to have to stop patronising them this way. I would much prefer - "Our formerly big but still not yet insignificant neighbours from the once sought after Gorgie area".

Let's leave the nasty stuff about Wee teams from undesirable parts of the capital to them.

seanraff07
15-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Are you allowed to attend these matches at East Mains?

houston1875
15-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Are you allowed to attend these matches at East Mains?

Was bout to ask that maself?

seanraff07
15-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Was bout to ask that maself?

Was thinking about heading along to the game against Newcastle as they are my English team so would be pretty good for me to watch. Never really thought if you get entry to these games or not though.

RoxburghHibs
15-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I've watched my nephew play for Hibs U-13s there a few times, and you can park at the centre and I can't see how they would charge as it's all very open.

H18sry
15-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I've watched my nephew play for Hibs U-13s there a few times, and you can park at the centre and I can't see how they would charge as it's all very open.

It's private property, so they can just stop fans trespassing on ther land if need be.

houston1875
15-07-2010, 06:04 PM

I've done the same ma nephew played there few times,but are you allowed to watch the u19s there?
Ps is always chuffin cold at east mains!! Even when the sun is shining!!

RoxburghHibs
15-07-2010, 06:18 PM
It's private property, so they can just stop fans trespassing on ther land if need be.

No such law in Scotland.

Although I guess if they have gates they could close them - can't recall seeing gates.

I've watched the U19s once before and you could just wonder in.

Jaz
15-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I've watched a couple of U19s games at East Mains and got parked and round the pitch nae bother.

I'd also be keen to get some sort of confirmation of the dates for these fixtures though.

Where did the OP get this info?

oconnors_strip
15-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Liverpool - EM 25th
Newcastle - EM 2nd

games can be changed at last minute so keep an eye out on here for any changes. i will confirm kick off times for the liverpool and newcastle games but i presume they will be afternoon kick offs.

Wednesday 21st July- Craigroyston, St Marks Park Kick off 7pm

Monday 26th July- Selkirk, Yarrow Park Kick off 7pm (Hibs XI)

Saturday 7th Aug- Preston Athletic, Pennypit Park Kick off 2pm

Tuesday 10th Aug- Edinburgh University, Peffermill pitches Kick off 7pm

Tuesday 10th Aug- Vale of Leithen, Victoria Park Kick off 7.30pm (Hibs XI)

Thursday 12th Aug- Duns, Gavinton Kick off 6.45pm

as for the questions about watching games at east mains, yes the majority of them allow fans in to watch, there is a carpark and even toilet and refreshment facilites in the building for fans to use. its mostly the first team bounce games, eg with trialists playing that the club dont allow fans to watch.

oconnors_strip
18-07-2010, 10:24 PM
not confirmed yet, but i have spoken to one of the coaches and the liverpool game is a 3pm kick off and newcastle 2pm. as soon as i get it confimed i will post on here

capi
19-07-2010, 07:35 AM
East of Scotland site says that the game against Edinburgh Uni. has been moved to the 10th

Stoney Hibee
20-07-2010, 05:33 PM
There's a Hibernian 16's team playing all next week in the Aberdeen International Football festival.
Monday 19th at 10.30 v Cornhill Boys Club
Tuesday 20th at 1pm v Motherwell
Wednesday 21st at 4.15 v Peterhead
Semi finals, consolation play offs and Final played from Thursday to Saturday. All games at Balgownie except the final which is at Aberdeen Sports Village. Celtic, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Birmingham City all have teams entered as well.

We won the first game against Cornhill Boys Club 12-0 on Monday. I managed to catch the first half of the game against Motherwell at lunchtime today and we were winning 2-0 and were well in control, it could have been a few more.

oconnors_strip
20-07-2010, 08:58 PM
East of Scotland site says that the game against Edinburgh Uni. has been moved to the 10th

correct, game is now tuesday 10th august at peffermill pitches, kick off 7pm

Jaz
21-07-2010, 08:34 PM

Liverpool - EM 25th
Newcastle - EM 2nd

Any confirmation on the Liverpool game going ahead as scheduled? 3pm KO on Sunday?

Is a call to the club themselves likely to confirm the U19s fixtures?

oconnors_strip
22-07-2010, 12:24 AM
19s beat craigroyston 2-1 this evening. Scorers addison and wright