PDA

View Full Version : SPL - Next Season

The Sea-gull
15-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Still a lot of signings to be made by each club but how does everyone think it will go?

Lets not talk about any old firm splitting by anyone because I can't see it; they'll be 1 and 2 as usual.

I'd say it is a three way fight for third between Utd, Hearts and ourselves.

Motherwell might have a say but it could be a testing season as some players have gone but they do have some young talent a year older now.

St Johnstone will be looking for a top six place and should steer clear of the drop zone unless second season sydrome sets in.

Aberdeen could get themselves in the mix and have some good young players but unless they get some quality new faces in there is the potential for them to struggle with what they currently have. McGhee won't last long if they don't hit the ground running but a new man could come in and turn them around.

The rest will just look to survive. A lot will depend on whether Billy Reid stays at Hamilton. I've got a feeling Inverness will just about be alright.

Kilmarnock have been on the slide for a while now and it is surely only a matter of time before they go down no matter who their boss is. I'd be worried if I was a St Mirren fan too. everyting about them smacks of cheap options at the moment. Cheap rookie manager. Cheap lower league players. They might unearth a few gems but how good can a 31 year old striker be if he has been plucked from part time footbal in the 2nd division, surely if he was that good he would be at a bigger club than Cowdenbeath at his age.

ekhibee
15-07-2010, 01:31 PM
There's a strong possibility Rangers will be pish next season with plenty of outgoings and very little coming in, so I wouldn't totally rule out somebody splitting them, most likely Hearts as they are clearly a huge club with loads of quality players

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Wheat Hound
15-07-2010, 01:44 PM
1.Celtic
2.Rangers
3.Hibs
4.Dundee Utd
5.Hearts
6.Aberdeen
7.Motherwell
8.Hamilton
9.St Johnstone
10.Kilmarnock
11.ICT
12.St Mirren

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2010, 01:49 PM
1.Celtic
2.Rangers
3.Hibs
4.Dundee Utd
5.Hearts
6.Aberdeen
7.Motherwell
8.Hamilton
9.St Johnstone
10.Kilmarnock
11.ICT
12.St Mirren

Utter nonsense! Do you know anything about football! What planet are you on?!

(St Johnstone will finish above Hamilton)

RoscoHibby
15-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I totally agree re. St Mirren, stick on for relegation IMO, anybody know what price you can get on that just now, think i'll have a punt on it.

Steve20
15-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Celtic will win the league. Huns will be quite a bit back in second. Third will be between Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd and maybe Motherwell. St Mirren or Kilmarnock will go down and the other teams will just make up the rest.

M11BMO
15-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I totally agree re. St Mirren, stick on for relegation IMO, anybody know what price you can get on that just now, think i'll have a punt on it.

Willy Hills Prices,

11/4 St Mirren to go down.
3/1 ICT
4/1 Hamilton
7/2 Kilmarnock

RoscoHibby
15-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Bit of value there, gonna get in about that. How he expects he to do anything in the SPL, with what? 4 ex cowdenbeath players? I just dont know. Plus without dorman, cant see where the threat is going to come from.

Good bet, ill be getting on that before season starts.

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 02:26 PM
If Dundee United were to lose any more players, think they could struggle a bit. They will accept offers for the likes of Gomis, Goodwillie, Conway, Kenneth, Swanson etc but the majority of money received won't be re-invested. They'd struggle to find players of the same calibre for the same wages.

They've also lost their first choice central defence pairing too, so they're already weaker.

ionahibby
15-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I actually think mixu will keep killie away from the drop zone albiet in the bottom 6.
i would be worried if i was an aberdeen fan between them and st mirren me thinks!

M11BMO
15-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Bit of value there, gonna get in about that. How he expects he to do anything in the SPL, with what? 4 ex cowdenbeath players? I just dont know. Plus without dorman, cant see where the threat is going to come from.

Good bet, ill be getting on that before season starts.

Mehmet's gone as well... Didn't really rate him personally but him and Dorman were the pick of a bad bunch. Although he did cause problems due to his physical presence.

down-the-slope
15-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I actually think mixu will keep killie away from the drop zone albiet in the bottom 6.
i would be worried if i was an aberdeen fan between them and st mirren me thinks!

Nah..if the dons are anywhere near in that kind of possibility McGoo will get punted long before and they will bounce with new manager

RoscoHibby
15-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Mehmet's gone as well... Didn't really rate him personally but him and Dorman were the pick of a bad bunch. Although he did cause problems due to his physical presence.

Actually think Mehmet was more of a player than folk gave him credit for....forgot he went to Turkey, would never pay him 12k a week though :bitchy:

M11BMO
15-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually think Mehmet was more of a player than folk gave him credit for....forgot he went to Turkey, would never pay him 12k a week though :bitchy:

I'd say 12k a week wasn't nearly enough to compensate for having Mikey Stewart as a team mate. :bitchy:

RoscoHibby
15-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd say 12k a week wasn't nearly enough to compensate for having Mikey Stewart as a team mate. :bitchy:

And they're giving ginge 15k+ !!!!!!! Seriously! Anyone going over for their hols, get the boots in the suitcase, gotta be worth at least a trial!

Hibstrooper
15-07-2010, 03:19 PM
1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs
4. Hearts
5. Dundee Utd
6. St Johnstone
-----------------
7. Motherwell
8. Aberdeen
9. Hamilton
10. Inverness
11. Kilmarnock
12. St Mirren

Most teams look a lot weaker next season but some of St Mirren's signings have just been baffling!

Thomson1875
15-07-2010, 03:22 PM
1.Celtic
2.Rangers
3.Hibs
4.Dundee Utd
5.Hearts
6.St Johnstone
7.Motherwell
8.Hamilton
9.Aberdeen
10.ICT
11.Kilmarnock
12.St Mirren

i recon it will be tight between us & united again with hearts just behind.

seanraff07
15-07-2010, 05:30 PM
1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs
4. Hearts
5. Dundee Utd
6. Motherwell
7. St.Johnstone
8. Hamilton
9. Aberdeen
10. ICT
11. Kilmarnock
12. St.Mirren

hibsfan7
15-07-2010, 11:01 PM
1.CELTIC
2.HIBS
3.DUNDEE UTD
4.RANGERS
5.MOTHERWELL
6.ST JOHNSTONE
7.HAMILTON
8.ABERDEEN
9.ST MIRREN
10.ICT
11.KILMARNOCK
12.HEARTS
:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

greenlex
15-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Are we all seriously thinking we have third sewn up?
4th at best and it willbe a struggle.

KWJ
16-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised at all those thinking 3rd after the "Please let Hughes be gone" chat not all that long ago.

I'm right behind the big man but I still think with current signings and sales.

1st - Celtic
2nd - Rangers
3rd - Utd
4th - Hibs
5th - St.J
6th. - Aberdeen
7th - Motherwell
8th - Hearts
9th - Hamilton
10th - Killie
11th - ICT
12th - Midden.