PDA

View Full Version : One way to put the lid on recent optimism about the national side....(merged)

Broken Gnome
15-07-2010, 11:23 AM
.. dear god almighty :grr:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8824156.stm

lEXO
15-07-2010, 11:25 AM
.. dear god almighty :grr:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8824156.stm
I thought the same when i seen this earlier.I hope we are wrong.

Stevie Reid
15-07-2010, 11:25 AM
As if it's not bad enough that he's an odious wee Jambo ****: -

"Black was manager of Airdrie for four years during which they were relegated three seasons in a row, although they were twice saved from from the drop by financial problems at Gretna and Livingston."

I'm very glad that Levein is Scotland manager, but this is a deflating appointment.

Broken Gnome
15-07-2010, 11:27 AM
The pinnacle of Darren Fletcher's career - his first training session taken by Kenny Black.

MartinfaePorty
15-07-2010, 11:33 AM
My thoughts entirely. Me and my mates used to have bets as to when Black would get booked against Hibs, whatever team he played for. 1st 20 minutes usually won. Absolute thug.

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I think it was him that coached a few sessions at my old boys side years back, we'd have been under 10's, 11's at the time.

Bully.

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 11:44 AM
:bitchy: This must be a wind up surely.

A total thug and a terrible manager.

It always amazes me how so many guys like Black seem to keep getting jobs. The same with the likes of Duff Jimmy , the BBC pundits always seem to back them for jobs because they bring 'a wealth of experience', more like they indulge the inane bull**** of Chick Young and others in a way that some of the newer or more astute faces in our game refuse to do. The only experience guys like these 2 and countless others have is of kicking people of the park and making a pigs ear of every management job they get with straight out of 1985 tactics.

basehibby
15-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Hardly an inspiring choice - his record at Airdrie doesn't exactly shout "Excelent coaching skills" at you.

But we can't know for sure why exactly Levein has brought him on board - maybe to act as the scary one in a good cop/bad cop scenario???

I'll continue to judge Levein's tenure by the results he achieves on the pitch, but the appointment of a failed 1st div manager as his assistant doesn't exactly have me swinging from the rafters.

Baader
15-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Beware Airdrie Jambos...

GordonHFC
15-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Levein obviously hasn't learned his lesson. The last time he employed this thug was when he was at Leicester . Then he got the boot.

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Beware Airdrie Jambos...

Many people would agree with that.

Hiber-nation
15-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I was getting up a wee bit of enthusiasm for the future of the national team but that's all disappeared now.

Horrible nasty odious thug and an utterly hopeless manager. God help us..

ScottB
15-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Behold the latest cheap appointment...

bob12345
15-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Terrible appointment clearly. I think the main reason is because Levein wants someone full time, rather than just for international breaks. Which is fair enough, but not if plummeting to this depth. clearl

Jumbo
15-07-2010, 04:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8824156.stm the only way is up for Scotland with this top coach, who's main claim to fame seems to be getting Airdrie relegated from 1st division 2 years in a row :wink:

ekhibee
15-07-2010, 04:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8824156.stm the only way is up for Scotland with this top coach, who's main claim to fame seems to be getting Airdrie relegated from 1st division 2 years in a row :wink:
Nothing like teaming up with his old die-hard Yam pal though eh?

ekhibee
15-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I've always hated Black, Hearts and Airdrie, so this gives me very little incentive indeed to support the national team sadly. And on a bitter and twisted note, I wonder if Levein would have bent over backwards to get Driver into the Scotland setup if he played for Hibs?

--------
15-07-2010, 04:41 PM

The general consensus among Airdrie fans is that Black's sacking was at least a year overdue and just about the best bit of news they'd had since the club was re-formed. The only thing more welcome to them would be George Peat's obituary notice.

The Arabs haven't looked back since Potter left - I confidently expect Airdrie to improve dramatically now that they've punted this idiot.

So the Tartan Army's had their silky, cultured football, then? :rolleyes:

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Levein's a speccy Hearts twat and Black's an ex-Jambo, a Hun, a bully and a thug.

I hardly get behind the national side as it is, but with the two of them in charge of the playing side and that dick George Peat being head of the SFA I couldn't really give a toss about the team now. I'm a Hibby and I don't feel the urge or the need to give my backing to Huns, Jambos or Sellick players, even when they don a Scotland jersey.

Musselbound
15-07-2010, 05:04 PM

"Black was manager of Airdrie for four years during which they were relegated three seasons in a row, although they were twice saved from from the drop by financial problems at Gretna and Livingston."

I'm very glad that Levein is Scotland manager, but this is a deflating appointment.

Trying to put club allegiances aside, I read this earlier and was totally underwhelmed. Levein has done pretty much everything right so far but this doesn't inspire more confidence in him either I have to say.

--------
15-07-2010, 05:41 PM

:agree: He was given two lives from Gretna and Livingston and still couldn't make anything of it.

All I can say is that this will make it even easier to ignore Scotland results. A real forward move. NOT.

Bishop Hibee
15-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Black makes Van Bommel look like the Julian Clary of midfield middens. Hardly an inspiring choice.

A couple of recollections of this midden -

Mickey Weir being scythed down at Broomfield, Weir being booked by the ref for feigning injury when he was obviously needing treatment, Black taking the Airdrie free kick and blasting it off Weir who was about 3 yards away. Black then tried to get Weir sent off for obstructing the free kick and went mental when the ref booked him instead.

Another was Black lasting 27 minutes at ER before being sent off.

The most thuggish player I've ever had the misfortune to see.

Keith_M
15-07-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm not normally so vindictive, and anyone that reads my comments regularly will know I'm not one for insults, but this man is ****!

Maybe you think that's too strong a word but after watching his footballing 'technique' and attitude to the game and fellow professionals I'd happily smack that guy in the face.

:grr:

Keith_M
15-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm not normally so vindictive, and anyone that reads my comments regularly will know I'm not one for insults, but this man is ****!

Maybe you think that's too strong a word but after watching his footballing 'technique' and attitude to the game and fellow professionals I'd happily smack that guy in the face.

:grr:

Admins, what exactly was wrong with my post? Why is the word S C U M removed? A bit overkill isn't it?
:confused: