PDA

View Full Version : How far into the season will we get before the Hughes must go posts start?

Hibbyradge
15-07-2010, 11:10 AM
It could be this month, if we get a poor performance in Europe.

What does your crystal ball have to say about it?

Betty Boop
15-07-2010, 11:13 AM

If we get beat by Hertz. :greengrin

Diclonius
15-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Why not do a poll? :wink: I say November.

Diclonius
15-07-2010, 11:14 AM
If we get beat by Hertz. :greengrin

Don't worry about that, I dreamed last night that we were 2-0 up at the PBS just after half time with an own goal from their English born Czech centre-back, and our new Arabic striker who apparently wears number 9. :wink:

Hibbyradge
15-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Why not do a poll? :wink: I say November.

Just for you. :wink:

I added the word "genuine" to pre-empt the smartarses! :greengrin

Keith_M
"Hughes must go!!!!"

:grr:

I'd guess July 15th.

:wink:

DAZ86
I wouldn't be surprised. I still hear people go on about how we shouldve binned him this summer ! Give the guy time !

I think he will lead us well and going on the signings he has made , he know where our weekness is.

Bring on the new season. :agree:

Hibbyradge
15-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Just for you. :wink:

I added the word "genuine" to pre-empt the smartarses! :greengrin

"Hughes must go!!!!"

:grr:

I'd guess July 15th.

:wink:

See above.

yekimevol
15-07-2010, 11:30 AM
it depends if the team crashes like it did last season.
From the months of February to may winning 4 games in all competitions is enough to get questions asked of any manager and some sacked.

So here’s hoping for a successful season.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2010, 02:34 PM
September, and it will be TQM. probably around half time of a game he's nowhere near.

Jim44
15-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't expect it to happen but if we pick up where we left off at the end of last season and embark on a long fruitless run, folk will be entitled to call for his head by Christmas. Personally, I think, if we hold on to Riordan and Stokes, we will be in there battling for a top six place.

The Silver Fox
15-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm going for November if results are clearly not as good as last season. Hope I'm wrong though.

Hamish
15-07-2010, 07:08 PM
IIRC we have a run of games at the end of Oct and beginning of Nov against the main protagonists. Could be round about this time that Terry Butcher gets appointed manager.

Bostonhibby
15-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Went for September so as to give everyone a chance to get back from their holidays :wink:

Hughes must stay.:notworthy:

Keith_M
15-07-2010, 07:17 PM
September, and it will be TQM. probably around half time of a game he's nowhere near.

I think it'll be some guy that chooses to work every Saturday, even though he has his own business, thereby missing every home game.

Just call it a hunch :wink:

Alfred E Newman
15-07-2010, 07:48 PM
When Mixu`s St Mirren turn us over at ER.

3pm
15-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I am not a Hughes man. Still hope we don't see such threads.

Jumbo
15-07-2010, 08:56 PM
When Mixu`s St Mirren turn us over at ER.

He didnt last long at Kilmarnock :wink:

jacomo
15-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't expect it to happen but if we pick up where we left off at the end of last season and embark on a long fruitless run, folk will be entitled to call for his head by Christmas. Personally, I think, if we hold on to Riordan and Stokes, we will be in there battling for a top six place.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Petrie must be delighted that increased spending on the squad has got us so far. :rolleyes:

seanraff07
15-07-2010, 09:06 PM
December when we have consecutive defeats for the first time.

brydekirk
15-07-2010, 11:34 PM

what does yours have to say . why not speak it, its only an opinion. sh@t stirrer

Hibbyradge
16-07-2010, 07:32 AM
what does yours have to say . why not speak it, its only an opinion. sh@t stirrer

Pleased to meet you too.

I voted October.

Green_one
16-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Given that we have already had an insane thread on how wonderfully Hughes is doing this season, then it will not be long for the counter.

I guess November for a real go. I hope never but then I also hope we get the cup this year. The wave of positivity about the new stand will help him.

Europe and how we do against the pathetic jambos will dictate how early the date is. It would also help if he said a lot less. Not likely though.

cwilliamson85
16-07-2010, 08:06 AM
As soon as the first defeat.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Given that we have already had an insane thread on how wonderfully Hughes is doing this season, then it will not be long for the counter.

I guess November for a real go. I hope never but then I also hope we get the cup this year. The wave of positivity about the new stand will help him.

Europe and how we do against the pathetic jambos will dictate how early the date is. It would also help if he said a lot less. Not likely though.

Duane, you have caught another one. :greengrin

matty_f
16-07-2010, 10:26 AM

:tee hee:

M11BMO
16-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Just after we have another miserable run over Christmas... :grr:

lEXO
16-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I voted November.If we dont get a flier and lose to the Yams thats when the serious moaning will start.Hope i,m wrong like.

TheMentalHibees
16-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I think November. The minute we lose a couple of games in succession the board will be flooded with them.

Wheat Hound
16-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I say now. One nil down to Heracles
Wtf. Yogi gtf. Petrie oot. Tam mccourt do one. Bring back mixu. Bring back the terracing. Bring back audio tapes. Bring back betamax
Bring back everything that is no longer here.

sesoim
17-07-2010, 12:59 PM

If we continue on the sort of run we were on from the end of Jan to May, we'd be routed to the bottom of the league by the end of September, so there's no way Petrie could wait till Christmas to get rid. Personally, I think we 'll do a bit better in the Cups next season, so even if we do have an up and down League campaign, the Cup interest will probably keep Hughes in the job through this season.

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Very soon. Let's face it, we're very much a club in crisis. Forget the completed modern stadium, the state of the art wholly owned training facility, the talented squad, the European place, the manageable debt, the bright, committed and passionate young manger and low debt levels, the kickback crowd are calling time on us and they are seldom, if ever, wrong.

Green_one
17-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Duane, you have caught another one. :greengrin

Duane is not smart enough to catch anyone. Anyone who states an opinion that you were correct is obviously more than a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Hence the insane.

Jamie
17-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Where's the "Not going to as we will have a great season" option :grr::grr::grr::bye:

MacBean
30-07-2010, 08:13 AM
We have Seven winners! :cool2:

Hibbyradge
31-07-2010, 08:58 AM
:faf:

13 now.