PDA

View Full Version : Yams Settle an Argument - Did Hearts ever appoint a convicted sex-offender as manager?

Hibbyradge
15-07-2010, 08:56 AM
A fellow Hibby I know from the historical re-enactment club I attend (WW1 a speciality), is adamant that Hearts once knowingly appointed a convicted as manager. At first I thought he was trying to be funny, but he's actually quite serious! (Deluded, more like!)

I've told him he's wrong cos there's no way a big club like Hearts who's values and beliefs transcend those of ordinary football clubs and who are a solid part of the football establishment would ever lower themselves to such a level and humiliate their near half million world wide fans.

I have to admit that I laughed in his face and told him that it was preposterous to suggest that they would tarnish their stout and righteous reputation by employing such a heinous felon.

Rivalry is one thing, but I think my mate's just gone too far.

Can anyone back me up?

A replica Lee Enfield rifle is at stake.

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 08:58 AM
A fellow Hibby I know from the historical re-enactment club I attend (WW1 a speciality), is adamant that Hearts once knowingly appointed a convicted as manager. At first I thought he was trying to be funny, but he's actually quite serious! (Deluded, more like!)

I've told him he's wrong cos there's no way a big club like Hearts who's values and beliefs transcend those of ordinary football clubs and who are a solid part of the football establishment would ever lower themselves to such a level and humiliate their near half million world wide fans.

I have to admit that I laughed in his face and told him that it was preposterous to suggest that they would tarnish their stout and righteous reputation by employing such a heinous felon.

Can anyone back me up?

There are two schools of thought on this contentious issue. One says Rix was the manager, the other that he was merely first team coach.

matty_f
15-07-2010, 09:08 AM
More chance of one of their fans fiddling with an underager in the asbestos arena's toilets than there is of them ever hiring someone on the register, tbh.

lyonhibs
15-07-2010, 09:11 AM
More chance of one of their fans fiddling with an underager in the asbestos arena's toilets than there is of them ever hiring someone on the register, tbh.

Wee Airdie Jambo agrees :agree:

More chance of a loyal Hearts fan diddling 10 grand out of a memorial fund for one of their greatest ever players than them hiring a convicted sex offender, much less one who described using a condom as "like having a shower with socks on"

I just can't see it to be honest, not at Hearts :agree: :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 09:19 AM

Can anyone back me up?

Does this sound like the actions of a club who have a special relationship with the Scottish Cup? A club who proved they were a big team by almost doing the double in 1986?

ChilliEater
15-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Does this sound like the actions of a club who have a special relationship with the Scottish Cup? A club who proved they were a big team by almost doing the double in 1986?

Surely not? is there footage of this near miss? I can't believe such a big team as Hearts would allow themselves to get close then engender a monumental @#$% up and only "almost" do the double.

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Surely not? is there footage of this near miss? I can't believe such a big team as Hearts would allow themselves to get close then engender a monumental @#$% up and only "almost" do the double.

I'd be interested to see such a thing myself. :agree:

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 09:45 AM

Not sure if this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

MyJo
15-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Thats almost as ridiculous as a hearts fan having an online alter ego who lied about extraordinary academic acheivements, suffering racism after marrying a bollywood star while a pro boxer and battling testicular cancer before tragically succumbing and prompting people to set up charitable funds in his honour?

bighairyfaeleith
15-07-2010, 09:52 AM

Can anyone back me up?

:greengrin You know I think maybe I once heard something about this, I thought it was perhaps one of those urban myth thingies but maybe not:hmmm:

hibbymac
15-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Poppycocks.

bighairyfaeleith
15-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I think this one might help explain the 86 story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APeLcVk-8vM&feature=related

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Wee Airdie Jambo agrees :agree:

More chance of a loyal Hearts fan diddling 10 grand out of a memorial fund for one of their greatest ever players than them hiring a convicted sex offender, much less one who described using a condom as "like having a shower with socks on"

I just can't see it to be honest, not at Hearts :agree: :agree:
Can somebody explain to me who was/ is 'Wee Airdrie Jambo' :confused:

ChilliEater
15-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Not sure if this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Wow! That's diethunbelievable! Lucky Hearts fans are so big and tough that they wouldn't cry after such a debacle! I'd only believe that happened if someone had photographic evidence.

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 10:00 AM

He was a Hearts fan from Airdrie who used a certain well known Hearts fans forum to 'groom' a 14 year old girl and then meet up in a public toilet for a romantic liason. Top bloke.

matty_f
15-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I can't see this whole thing being true, after all, you're talking about a club whose support steadfastly refused to be lied to, ripped the pish out off, and treated with utter contempt by their lithuanian owner. no way would they have stood for a convicted sex offender getting the top job at the pbs.

Sergey
15-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Nope. Never as manager.

I don't recall them ever having an openly gay, black player on their playing staff either. Certainly not one that was accused of sexual assault.

Big Frank
15-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Can anyone back me up?

Superb! :top marks

lapsedhibee
15-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Nope. Never as manager.

I don't recall them ever having an openly gay, black player on their playing staff either. Certainly not one that was accused of sexual assault.

Not credible that they've ever had a black footballer in their team, never mind a gay black player. If they had had a black footballer, he would have been subjected to racist taunts near the corner flag by fans at their "atmospheric" "stadium". Which could never have happened at the PBS.

Hibercelona
15-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Next time you're in a public loo and you pull your fly doon..... beware....

It could make a good horror story. Wee Airdrie Jambo certainly agrees. :agree:

the_ginger_hibee
15-07-2010, 11:23 AM
He was a Hearts fan from Airdrie who used a certain well known Hearts fans forum to 'groom' a 14 year old girl and then meet up in a public toilet for a romantic liason. Top bloke.

Not just any public loo - Tynecastle disabled toilets no less. Classy.

Kaiser1962
15-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Nope. Never as manager.

Here Sergey, they absolutely love you over the road mate. Had a look there a couple of days ago and couldnt believe the absolute paranoia they have about you. Some Killie guy was saying they might not get Bryson and they sang bigotted songs at Rugby Park and Hey Presto! it was you on the wind up. Even to the point some tramp suggested that you had made over 6,000 posts on a Killie fans forum merely as a disguise to sneek onto sickback and wind the yams up!

Keep up the good work my man!

EskbankHibby
15-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Cannae see the fans of the club who singlehandedly secured victory in both world wars putting up with any of this kind of registered sex offender skullduggery.

I'm sure they will put us right upon their return from Kashmir.

As an aside, is that Gary Mackay (?sp) who refuses to track Sir Albert for the 2nd goal on that tragic day at Dens?

Judas Iscariot
15-07-2010, 11:37 AM
As the Manic Street Preachers once sang..

"If you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next!"

Fact :agree:

Houchy
15-07-2010, 11:40 AM
What has Wee Airdrie Jambo got in common with a pair of wellies???

The both get sucked off in bogs.

bawheid
15-07-2010, 11:47 AM
As an aside, is that Gary Mackay (?sp) who refuses to track Sir Albert for the 2nd goal on that tragic day at Dens?

Could I just add here that in no way is Gary MacKay racist. No way.

Kaiser1962
15-07-2010, 11:49 AM

Absolutely not. Kevin Harper said so.

degenerated
15-07-2010, 11:56 AM

absolutely not :agree:

http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5885

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 11:56 AM

On this note i think it's worth pointing out that Gary Mackay, along with Lord Foulkes, was wise to Romanov from day one and they in no way whored themselves out to become cheerleaders for the 'revolution'.

bawheid
15-07-2010, 11:59 AM
While we're on the subject of Gary MacKay... Does anyone know how many winners medals he picked up during his playing career?

WindyMiller
15-07-2010, 12:05 PM
52 guests reading this thread!!

Come out, come out whoever you are!

lyonhibs
15-07-2010, 12:14 PM
While we're on the subject of Gary MacKay... Does anyone know how many winners medals he picked up during his playing career?

I have it in my head that the number lies directly between -1 and +1, but I assume that's wrong.

He was at Hearts for YEARS - He must have at least a Distinguished Service Medal?? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Are you including wars in this?

Cabbage East
15-07-2010, 12:17 PM
You lot are pathetic.

Accusing that great club that won the first world war singlehandedly of employing a nonce as manager? Hardly seems believable.

The same great club whose former captain, legend and club ambassador Mr Gary Mackay is definitely not a racist jakeball.

bringbackbenny
15-07-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm not sure probably too many to count.

Also on Gary it's been suggested that the stadium wasn't sold out for his testamonial? Surely some mistake - if anyone was to be proclaimed as the outstanding example of the "Heart and Soul of Edinburgh then player/uber fan/coach Gary was the prime example :confused:

Chuckie
15-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Whooooaaa...

I've been living in Dundee for the last few years, so have had no form of communication with the outside world.

Would it be disingenuous of me to spread the word that HOMFC have in recent years had a group of paraphiliacs, nestled down snug in to the core of their football club, and accepted this nonchalantly ?

I'm one to take what he reads on an internet forum with a pinch of salt.

Surely these incidents would have been picked up by the local press.

Does anyone have any relating links ?

Andy Bee
15-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Some excellent material, keep it up chaps, maybe even a BBC mini series in the offing, I'd certainly watch it if it hadn't been for that blessed 42" plasma I won being lost in transit :agree:

Kaiser_Sauzee
15-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Hang on ladies. Let's not forget all that is bad with Hibernian:

We also have massive unsustainable debts
Our Stadium is a tip
Our recent history is littered with sexual skullduggery
No Europe this season
Rod Petrie going off and signing whoever he likes without asking Hughes
Our rented training facilities are a joke
Pitch is far too small

Let's not throw stones in pink houses. :bitchy:

TheBall'sRound
15-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I always assumed that the Yams treat the League Cup with such contempt because they could win it any time they wanted. I guess I thought they always put out their youth squad in their Cup ties or just didn't bother entering so they could concentrate on the Champions League (I have some startling news on this front also!).

It turns out they've been trying their little RReversible socks off for actual decades and keep getting papped out by teams far beneath them in stature and World War wins!

Astonishing! I had to have a lie down having learned this life altering realisation...

Pretty Boy
15-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Hang on ladies. Let's not forget all that is bad with Hibernian:

We also have massive unsustainable debts
Our Stadium is a tip
Our recent history is littered with sexual skullduggery
No Europe this season
Rod Petrie going off and signing whoever he likes without asking Hughes
Our rented training facilities are a joke
Pitch is far too small

Let's not throw stones in pink houses. :bitchy:

We also don't have a star striker with his own homoerotic dancing video on youtube.

I remembering the football philosopher himself Stephen Frail telling the press a few years ago that said dancing star was a better player than some guy called Steven Fletcher. Whatever happened to the boy Fletcher? Surely he didn't sell for about £10M over the course of 2 seasons, obviosuly not a patch on the dancing star who plays, occasionally, for a big club like Hearts

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I believe that, yes, they sadly did have a convicted paedophille as manager and yes, they had a fan convicted of a child sex offence in the toilets of the stadium. And grown men did cry back in 86.

The war has been mentioned, and while not wishing to use this as an excuse, we are only starting to understand the extent of post combat trauma and how it has effected Yams throughout the generations. Let's not forget that they fought for freedom in those two wars, presumably including the freedom to nonce, practice racism and greet like a bunch of wee jessies when you lose a football match.

God bless em!

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 12:56 PM
You lot are pathetic.

Accusing that great club that won the first world war singlehandedly of employing a nonce as manager? Hardly seems believable.

The same great club whose former captain, legend and club ambassador Mr Gary Mackay is definitely not a racist jakeball.

I didn't know he was a jakeball. When did this information come to the fore?

Chuckie
15-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Wow...

Sounds like a great family club this Hearts lot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4419758.stm

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hearts+fan+groomed+for+sex+by+predator.-a0174300246

EskbankHibby
15-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow...

Sounds like a great family club this Hearts lot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4419758.stm

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Hearts+fan+groomed+for+sex+by+predator.-a0174300246

From the 1st link:-

"Names such as Sir Bobby Robson, Ottmar Hitzfeld and Claudio Ranieri had also been linked with the job."

:faf::faf::faf:

GordonR
15-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Some of the fantasical nonsense proposed on this thread simply beggars belief, and is as preposterous as the idea of sensible and pillar-of-society Hearts shareholders engaging in a spot of fisticuffs at the club AGM.

Bayern Bru
15-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I can't believe some of the allegations levelled at the big club in this thread. I almost choked on my pegs.

WindyMiller
15-07-2010, 01:29 PM
From the 1st link:-

"Names such as Sir Bobby Robson, Ottmar Hitzfeld and Claudio Ranieri had also been linked with the job."

:faf::faf::faf:

And they were all rejected in favour of

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:W1Ya71tbAAMb4M:http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40997000/jpg/_40997266_rix_romanov203.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40997000/jpg/_40997266_rix_romanov203.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4416826.stm&usg=__NQYFVfrH37Wx-nkXSYY_UaZeJ5c=&h=152&w=203&sz=9&hl=en&start=7&itbs=1&tbnid=W1Ya71tbAAMb4M:&tbnh=79&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgraham%2Brix%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPE A_en-GBGB253GB253%26tbs%3Disch:1)

bawheid
15-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I can't believe that not ONE Hearts fan has entered this thread to counteract some of the ridiculous garbage being posted.

Remember this is the set of supporters who set up camp outside Tynecastle to force their former owner out of power. These people mean business.

[It did get a bit chilly after one night out in the open, and Corrie was on the telly]

Hibbyradge
15-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Well I never! As I said somewhere else, you learn something everyday.

Anyone know where I could get hold of a replica Lee Enfield rifle?

MyJo
15-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Well I never! As I said somewhere else, you learn something everyday.

Anyone know where I could get hold of a replica Lee Enfield rifle?

Lee Wallace :dunno:

hibs0666
15-07-2010, 04:18 PM
And they were all rejected in favour of

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:W1Ya71tbAAMb4M:http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40997000/jpg/_40997266_rix_romanov203.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40997000/jpg/_40997266_rix_romanov203.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4416826.stm&usg=__NQYFVfrH37Wx-nkXSYY_UaZeJ5c=&h=152&w=203&sz=9&hl=en&start=7&itbs=1&tbnid=W1Ya71tbAAMb4M:&tbnh=79&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgraham%2Brix%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPE A_en-GBGB253GB253%26tbs%3Disch:1)

All Twixy Rixy needed to get his managerial career going was a chance with a big club. This talented chap - dare I say a hero - really has it all and he is sure to maintain the upward career. Indeed it will surely not be long before ManUre come calling after his outstanding achievements with the big team and, currently, the Glenn Hoddle soccer academy in Spain.

.Sean.
15-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I believe that, yes, they sadly did have a convicted paedophille as manager and yes, they had a fan convicted of a child sex offence in the toilets of the stadium. And grown men did cry back in 86.

The war has been mentioned, and while not wishing to use this as an excuse, we are only starting to understand the extent of post combat trauma and how it has effected Yams throughout the generations. Let's not forget that they fought for freedom in those two wars, presumably including the freedom to nonce, practice racism and greet like a bunch of wee jessies when you lose a football match.

God bless em!
Indeed they did...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89115727.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D096EE8B6D36B94E8B 903FE93AF94D5F9C94633A30098960F4

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/05/01/0105h7.jpg

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/05/01/0105h9a.jpg

They cried recently on the radio too. About 2:30 :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RJRLiqiJ4

Ryan91
15-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Indeed they did...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89115727.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D096EE8B6D36B94E8B 903FE93AF94D5F9C94633A30098960F4

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/05/01/0105h7.jpg

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/05/01/0105h9a.jpg

They cried recently on the radio too. About 2:30 :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RJRLiqiJ4

Superb piece of Audio there, imagine that, greeting live on national radio, of course he probably isn't a Jambo, rather a peg-selling hobo claiming to be a jambo, as fans of the big team would never lower themselves to that level, surely?

Phil D. Rolls
15-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Some of the fantasical nonsense proposed on this thread simply beggars belief, and is as preposterous as the idea of sensible and pillar-of-society Hearts shareholders engaging in a spot of fisticuffs at the club AGM.

If you think that's ridiculous, some of the eejits on here have been saying that the main point of order at the last AGM was whether or not to use energy saving bulbs. As if they don't have much bigger things to be going on with.

hibbybrian
15-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'd be interested to see such a thing myself. :agree:

Shoorly shoome mishtake

Hearts Title Celebrationss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1PRTEbTvfc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APeLcVk-8vM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2XpjbI-6Uc&feature=related

Bostonhibby
15-07-2010, 06:14 PM
There are two schools of thought on this contentious issue. One says Rix was the manager, the other that he was merely first team coach.

:agree: Forget the club being associated with someone who was definitely convicted of said offence, surely the real issue has to be as above - certainly would be on sickback where that sort of thing is a way of life or at least less important than the great debate re who really is coach/manager/fax machine operator.

If one was totally in denial better to say he was the coach, nae story there then. He was a crap coach as well! Was Hearts class

GordonR
15-07-2010, 07:21 PM
All Twixy Rixy needed to get his managerial career going was a chance with a big club. This talented chap - dare I say a hero - really has it all and he is sure to maintain the upward career. Indeed it will surely not be long before ManUre come calling after his outstanding achievements with the big team and, currently, the Glenn Hoddle soccer academy in Spain.

I've had a look at the Glenn Hoddle site, and here's what it says:

Graham Rix

Graham Rix joined Arsenal FC as an apprentice in 1974, beginning a relationship with the club which would span 13 years, scoring on debut against Leicester in 1977.

An attacking midfielder, he helped secure three successive cup final appearances for the Gunners between 1978 and 1980, with Arsenal winning the FA Cup final in 1979. He played 464 times for Arsenal scoring 51 goals in all competitions.

Graham made 17 appearances for England including five in the 1982 World Cup Finals.

Following his career at Arsenal he moved to Le Harvre, Caen and Dundee before beginning his management career at Chelsea before moving to Portsmouth, Oxford and Hearts.

Graham joined the Glenn Hoddle Academy as Senior Coach in 2008.

So that settles it. Total non-story. If he was a convicted sex offender involved in working with young people, they would surely be mentioning that here in their online publicty material.

('END OF', as I believe you're supposed to say in these circumstances.)

Bostonhibby
15-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Nope. Never as manager.

definitely not, and as for being owned by an organisation accused of money laundering :bitchy: never, no chance..........

Badge
15-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Lee Wallace :dunno:

:top marks:greengrin

Hibby70
15-07-2010, 08:04 PM
give it a rest you lot. Next you'll be telling us they have pink floodlights and a media box made from two old betamax video boxes.

Hibby70
15-07-2010, 08:12 PM
by the way those photos have been photoshopped to make it look like those grown men are greeting. Have you not got hibs related stuff to talk about rather than making things up about our nice neighbours. God its not like they tried to take us over and close us down, is it?